HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

GDT: Senators @ Sabres 3/24/06 @ 8 pm EST

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2006, 02:47 PM
joshjull

vCash: 500
I would like to see Ruff get McKee away from Cambell. Jay spends most of the game covering up Soupy's mistakes and not enuff time playing the body.

Old
03-24-2006, 03:16 PM
IamAmerica

This game is big for the Sabs. Not so big for Ottatwa, they have nothing to prove although I believe with their injuries there could be some jump inserted and another win or dominating effort would put the proverbial nail in the coffin.
IMO If we don't have the advantage in goal, then we get beat again.

Old
03-24-2006, 03:18 PM
MillerTime30

I'm stuck writing a report due by midnight today for my online class. I won't be able to catch most of the game, so I need updates people!

I'm hoping we continue our play from the 3rd period against the Canes'. If we play like we did than, I think we can take this at home.

go SABRES go !!!

Old
03-24-2006, 03:19 PM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime30
I'm stuck writing a report due by midnight today for my online class. I won't be able to catch most of the game, so I need updates people!

I'm hoping we continue our play from the 3rd period against the Canes'. If we play like we did than, I think we can take this at home.

go SABRES go !!!
Writing a report? C'mon, I thought that was what google was for...

(kidding)

Old
03-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull
I would like to see Ruff get McKee away from Cambell. Jay spends most of the game covering up Soupy's mistakes and not enuff time playing the body.
He's obviously got a pretty good chiropractor because he's been carrying both Fitzpatrick and Campbell for almost the entire season.

Campbell-McKee (or McKee-Campbell depending on who's where at any given moment) puts the onus on McKee to cover up for Campbell's deficiences. Kalinin-Numminen is together to get Tri confidence. Scramble them around and it's likely we'd see Campbell-Numminen getting pushed around low (again) or McKee-Kalinin with someone painfully out of position. If McKee wants to make an impact -- talk to the forwards about setting up a funnel play to his side and lay someone out with a strong check. People will take notice and the weak of will will not be so keen to barrel down the wing, giving him and Soupy less speed to handle on the rush.

It's a thought.

03-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime30

go SABRES go !!!
This isn't a "my dinner with mdoak, a tragedy in four parts" is it?

Old
03-24-2006, 03:58 PM
IamAmerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
He's obviously got a pretty good chiropractor because he's been carrying both Fitzpatrick and Campbell for almost the entire season.

Campbell-McKee (or McKee-Campbell depending on who's where at any given moment) puts the onus on McKee to cover up for Campbell's deficiences. Kalinin-Numminen is together to get Tri confidence. Scramble them around and it's likely we'd see Campbell-Numminen getting pushed around low (again) or McKee-Kalinin with someone painfully out of position. If McKee wants to make an impact -- talk to the forwards about setting up a funnel play to his side and lay someone out with a strong check. People will take notice and the weak of will will not be so keen to barrel down the wing, giving him and Soupy less speed to handle on the rush.

It's a thought.
The AGH need to get the old spine back tonight for sure. I couldn't get over how Ottawa pushed us around and we didn't even whimper. If they don't want to hit then at least skate their 'nads off and around them.
Jay can't and shouldn't be the only one on the hit list tonight.
I'll do my best at shouting that play down to the bench. Sounds like a plan to me.

Should we see Chains funnel and subsequent crumple, it'll be brewskis on IAA.

Old
03-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Clutch Mediocrity

You guys underrate Emery. Last time you saw him was likely his worst performance post-Olympic break. I called a Sabres win and stand by it, but I don't forsee it being because of poor netminding. I just think that there's too many injuries to key parts of our lineup this time around. Particularily with defense. Part of our success against you guys this year has been our ability to physically contain dangerous forwards; the loss of Chara and Volchenkov make that much more difficult and IMO not even possible for a full 60 minutes. Before, they guys like Vanek could be quarantined for a whole game if we were playing our best and managed to break Buffalo spirits early. We'll see what happens this time. Should be a good game; 2:30 to go.

Old
03-24-2006, 04:38 PM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man.Utd
You guys underrate Emery. Last time you saw him was likely his worst performance post-Olympic break. I called a Sabres win and stand by it, but I don't forsee it being because of poor netminding. I just think that there's too many injuries to key parts of our lineup this time around. Particularily with defense. Part of our success against you guys this year has been our ability to physically contain dangerous forwards; the loss of Chara and Volchenkov make that much more difficult and IMO not even possible for a full 60 minutes. Before, they guys like Vanek could be quarantined for a whole game if we were playing our best and managed to break Buffalo spirits early. We'll see what happens this time. Should be a good game; 2:30 to go.
Emery is a joke and his 3-0 record against Buffalo was all luck!

Old
03-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty
Emery is a joke and his 3-0 record against Buffalo was all luck!
Sarcasm. Meter. Broken. Must. Find. Reset. Button.

Old
03-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man.Utd
As CT was sarcastically trying to point out -- Emery's been fine in the games he's played Buffalo. I've yet to see "shakey" out there. *shrug* He's been good enough to win, and that's what matters.

Old
03-24-2006, 04:48 PM
TelperiŽn

Ottawa's injury list is a pain in the ***. I'd say Buffalo has a very chance of winning tonight.

Old
03-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull
me too. Mckee-Kalinin please. Kalinin has been one of the lone bright spots during this losing streak

Old
03-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
As CT was sarcastically trying to point out -- Emery's been fine in the games he's played Buffalo. I've yet to see "shakey" out there. *shrug* He's been good enough to win, and that's what matters.
well lets see Emery 3 GP vs Buffalo GAA 2.33
Buffalo Tenders 3 GP (Opposite Emery) vs Ottawa GAA 6.66

Who's been shaky?!?

Last edited by Crazy Tasty: 03-24-2006 at 05:01 PM. Reason: question not directed to Chainshot aka Grand Poobah
Old
03-24-2006, 05:06 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

chara has killed the sabres this season

5 gp, 1g, 5a, +5, 4 ppsh pts

my only prediction is a vanek deflection goal

Old
03-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Sabres77

I think buffalo will get its legs back and take it to this ottawa club. If our team stinks in this one we should get worried for the playoffs. I think this team knows exactly what it needs to do to win - play a whole 60 min game. 6-4 buffalo

Old
03-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Thunder50

It should be a good game tonight I feel that the Sabres will get it together. The last game against Ottawa 4-2 , 1 into the enpty net (3-2) I think Buff hit the post 3 times and they played without a lot of intensity. So if Buff shows up and I'm sure they will, it should be a barn burner.

Old
03-24-2006, 05:53 PM
sacre_bleu

Quote:
If McKee wants to make an impact -- talk to the forwards about setting up a funnel play to his side and lay someone out with a strong check.
Oh my. That would be splendid to see.

Old
03-24-2006, 06:04 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
I've learned my lesson about making predictions (season record: 0-1) so...my prediction is that sixty or more minutes of hockey will be played in buffalo tonight.

Old
03-24-2006, 06:26 PM
popperbolt*

Send a message via ICQ to popperbolt*
Sabres win 4-0

Old
03-24-2006, 06:29 PM
Jim Carr's Rug

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81
I've learned my lesson about making predictions (season record: 0-1) so...my prediction is that sixty or more minutes of hockey will be played in buffalo tonight.
Wow. One mistake- lesson learned.
I usually have to make a mistake at least a dozen times to learn anything.

I'm impressed Jflory.

Old
03-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Hobey Baker

Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
Rally avatar saved to the desktop and ready if needed....

Anyone else with me?

Old
03-24-2006, 06:37 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristofer Baker

Anyone else with me?
If needed I will make the switch

Old
03-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Jim Carr's Rug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristofer Baker

Anyone else with me?
Those make me dissy.
I got confused and I tried turning my computer monitor upside down the other night, but I just ended up knocking over my desk lamp.

Don't you guys hate lamps?

Go Sabres.

Old
03-24-2006, 06:41 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Carr's Rug
Wow. One mistake- lesson learned.
I usually have to make a mistake at least a dozen times to learn anything.

I'm impressed Jflory.
If there's a blackout in the arena tonight resulting in postponement, you know who to blame....

BGM

Closed Thread