HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

For all you haters!

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2006, 10:53 PM
KOVALEV10*

vCash: 500
For all you haters!

Koivu and Kovalev played great! Where are you haters now? Kovy's got points in 16 of his last 18 games (7 GOALS, 14 ASSISTS). Oh and at those people who said Kovalev cant pass. Look at the pass that led to Dandenault's goal. I seriously dont know anybody except maybe Jagr who can deke in a dime and pass it immediately right on the stick of another rushing forward. Kovalev is unreal! Great job KK

Last edited by KOVALEV10: 03-23-2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old
03-23-2006, 10:55 PM
davenash

I agree about Kovalev...I don't know why so much people are so hard on him, he's on a pretty good run.

Old
03-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Guy Caballero

Saku played great tonight. It was a real relief to see him crank it up again and play like he should. Let's hope he keeps it up for the rest of the season. If he does, and Huet continues his play, the Habs should knock off one of ATL, TB, or NJ.

As for Kovy, he's been good all year, IMO.

Old
03-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Toro

they had a great game hope they can continue to lead the habs to the promised land
If we make the playoffs were going to be hard to beat. we will no doubt be on a roll and huet in the playoffs might be a great thing(he reminds me of roy so calm)
i just have a feeling that this is the year. tonight the habs answered the bell...

Go Habs Go 25 this year

Old
03-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Clumsyhab

I think most of us were OK with Kovy's play all year, except we would have like him to score more. Koivu has been great in the 1st half but just ran out of gas lately. No one in here hates them!!!

Old
03-23-2006, 11:01 PM
Shabutie

He was good, but I still don't like him. He could score 15 goals a night, I still wouldn't like him. I have no idea why. He passed better than usually tonight, because he usually at least breaks up the PP once a night with a horrible turnover.

Edit: I don't hate him, I just don't like him, I'm impartial.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:03 PM
tinyzombies

Yep, he plays well 'gainst the Leafs. Works for me. Otherwise, he's not a scorer or a playmaker. The pass to Dandenault came from Bonk.

He's a playoff performer too.

But on a Cup team, you need a LOT more than a Kovalev. I don't hold it against Kovy, he is what he is. He's no Lafleur, that's for sure (ouch my back).

To me, Koivu has not been very good for a long time (except for a couple games in the Olympics). I think he's tired and never recovered from his groin injury. Other than the pass to Higgins, which should have easily been read and stopped by Telqvist, he was pretty dumb tonight too.

This is the worst game I've seen Toronto play in 20 years.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:04 PM
deandebean

I'm here. One solid game, bravo.

But that's been Kovalev all of his career: one promising game. One disappointing game, etc.

I cannot believe the young posters here are so infatuated with a player who NEVER had a 50 goal season. It can probably be explained by the fact that Montreal has been lacking an offensive star since the early 90's.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:04 PM
habslife

Predictable thread since Kovalev and Koivu had a good game...

If Kovalev is unreal, how would you describe Jagr who has about 50 pts more than him?

Old
03-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
I'm here. One solid game, bravo.

But that's been Kovalev all of his career: one promising game. One disappointing game, etc.

I cannot believe the young posters here are so infatuated with a player who NEVER had a 50 goal season. It can probably be explained by the fact that Montreal has been lacking an offensive star since the early 90's.
Part of the reason why I will never like him, is cuz people are sooooo AMAZED by his dekeing ability. We brought him here to score, and he hasn't done much of that this year yet still people are all over him

Old
03-23-2006, 11:08 PM
habkid73

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
Koivu and Kovalev played great! Where are you haters now? Kovy's got points in 16 of his last 18 games (7 GOALS, 14 ASSISTS). Oh and at those people who said Kovalev cant pass. Look at the pass that led to Dandenault's goal. I seriously dont know anybody except maybe Jagr who can deke in a dime and pass it immediately right on the stick of another rushing forward. Kovalev is unreal! Great job KK
good luck finding all the flaky haters bud!they're all over this board,,,,you don't have to do too much diggin' to find 'em!!its real obvious.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:10 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by habkid73
good luck finding all the flaky haters bud!they're all over this board,,,,you don't have to do too much diggin' to find 'em!!its real obvious.

Like I said, I'm here. How old are you, man? I mean, what would you have written in the Lafleur days???? Or during the Richer 50 goals per season days???? Here you have an 18 goal scorer (in a big time scoring era, look at the numbers) oozing talent and just barely playing 50 % of his capabilities.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:12 PM
deandebean

Man, Mats Naslund had better years with Montreal, and no one was going nuts about it. So did Bobby Smith and Vinny Damphousse, and Brian Bellows. Fortunately, Internet did not exist then. I can just imagine how some of you would be having hard-ons every game.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:14 PM
Nihilism

Yes it was a great win tonight, but Saturday will be just as big. Dont get too cocky.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:15 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilism
Yes it was a great win tonight, but Saturday will be just as big. Dont get too cocky.

Exactement.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:16 PM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Like I said, I'm here. How old are you, man? I mean, what would you have written in the Lafleur days???? Or during the Richer 50 goals per season days???? Here you have an 18 goal scorer (in a big time scoring era, look at the numbers) oozing talent and just barely playing 50 % of his capabilities.
For your info pal, I'm not young. I've withnessed Lafleur's days in his prime. Also Richers. But stats are just stats. Richer had 50 goal seasons but was not even close to the player Lafleur was just like Kovalev is much more then what his stats say. He's our only point per game player and the first in like 8 seasons. You bet your *** I'll be happy. Negativity around these boards is so freakin stupid. Its one thing to be negative after a loss but to be negative after a 5-1 pummeling of our most hated rival?

Old
03-23-2006, 11:19 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
For your info pal, I'm not young. I've withnessed Lafleur's days in his prime. Also Richers. But stats are just stats. Richer had 50 goal seasons but was not even close to the player Lafleur was just like Kovalev is much more then what his stats say. He's our only point per game player and the first in like 8 seasons. You bet your *** I'll be happy. Negativity around these boards is so freakin stupid. Its one thing to be negative after a loss but to be negative after a 5-1 pummeling of our most hated rival?
He's got 18 goals, and most of his assists on this marvelous streak are secondary assists. You guys definitely over-rate him.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:19 PM
Toro

relax i think your overreacting to the thread, ya ya one good game bla bla

the man has great talent to get 100 points a lot of things have to go your way the right line mates the right chemestry the right coaching system the right d-men etc.

we have a great balanced attack with great speed and Great goaltending. if we stay on a hot streak(very possible with the play of the team lately) we could play the right opponents and sneak to the finals and pull another one off like the one gainey captioned in 86

Huet = Cup

Old
03-23-2006, 11:20 PM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
He's got 18 goals, and most of his assists on this marvelous streak are secondary assists. You guys definitely over-rate him.
Shabutie go back to your cave monkey.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Man, Mats Naslund had better years with Montreal, and no one was going nuts about it. So did Bobby Smith and Vinny Damphousse, and Brian Bellows. Fortunately, Internet did not exist then. I can just imagine how some of you would be having hard-ons every game.

None of those players were nearly as entertaining to watch. Save Naslund, they were all fairly ordinary players to watch other than the stats. It's not difficult to understand why Kovalev is so popular.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:21 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Shabutie go back to your cave monkey.
Will do, as soon as you admit you overrate him

Old
03-23-2006, 11:22 PM
deandebean

Quote:
I don't know about you, but I was 1000 times more excited when Richer was scoring his 50 goals than with Kovalev. And I can tell you that Richer had a much, much, much bigger following than Kovalev in this province. Nobody is comparing Lafleur and Richer because the latter one had no guts.

Like I said, you people are goal hungry it's unbelievable. Still, the guy scored like 18 goals this season and you're treating him like he was a semi-god. The guy is an underachiever. Get it?

Old
03-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Quote:
Damphousee was big , just because you read some excited comments today dosen't mean people didn't give a **** in 84 or 94 .

Old
03-23-2006, 11:23 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
None of those players were nearly as entertaining to watch. Save Naslund, they were all fairly ordinary players to watch other than the stats. It's not difficult to understand why Kovalev is so popular.
I'm not impressed by dekes that don't show up on the scoreboard. Most aren't other than Hab fans, cuz we don't have any other real entertaining players I suppose. If Kovalev would do the crap he's doing in Detroit, he'd probably go un-mentioned.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:23 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8

I agree with you. My point is having an 18 goal scorer on a team, as exciting as he might be, ain't enough to get overly excited here. Specially when you know the guy has been a disappointment for most of his career.

Closed Thread