HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

For all you haters!

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2006, 10:50 PM
KOVALEV10*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Comparing the Bruins to the Rags.... Last year the whole bruins team was pitiful, hell our first line beat them alone.
You mean that's why they had 104 points? Yup!

Old
03-23-2006, 10:51 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
That's absolutely wrong. This is a seemingly common perspective: that some players simply choose not to perform to their abilities. Some players don't have the ability to do so. Some nights they just don't have it.
I still don't get this reasoning. Kovalev is the only player I know with so much talent and so little consistency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
His clutch ability comes to life--same as Koivu. They can't maintain that level of play throughout the regular season though.
I still call it motivation, look at the way he played in the playoffs, look at the way he's played this year...Without looking at the stats, it's obvious.

Old
03-23-2006, 10:51 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10

Actually, last year, nobody had points.

Old
03-23-2006, 10:52 PM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
I agree about most of your post regarding Koivu and Kovalev. He DID choke afterwards with the Rags, though. He had a promising start to his career, like I said, but then faded a bit. He came back with a roar with the Pens for one season or so, and then, whooosh...disappeared again.
His next 3 playoffs:
1994-95: 10 4 7 11
1995-96: 11 3 4 7
1998-99: 10 5 7 12

Also he didnt have one great season, he had 3 seasons with over a point per game with them before being traded.

Old
03-23-2006, 10:52 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Playoffs sir. They crumbled. Not cuz of Thornton alone, our first line was enough to beat them.

Old
03-23-2006, 10:53 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
If you don't count his rookie year and last year (injury) he was nearly at 1 ppg in the playoffs so I don't get how you can assume that. I guess we'll see this year if he makes the playoffs.

Yeah, I'm waiting to see what he can do with the Sharks in the playoffs (this year or another). Until then, I'd pick my grand-mother ahead of Thornton to play in the playoffs. At least, she would be able to spank Markov.

By the way, speaking of Markov and how he owned Big Joe so easily that it upset the B's captain to the point that he used his stick as a sword against Markov, have you noticed that this team can't win without Markov this year ? And the Habs, with Huet in net, are almost impossible to beat when Andrei is in the line-up...

That's our weak point, but also what makes us way better than an 8th spot chasing team when Markov's playing... We'll never beat the Canes with this issue. The Sens are another story though...

Old
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Playoffs sir. They crumbled. Not cuz of Thornton alone, our first line was enough to beat them.
They crumbled cuz their leading scorer didnt show up. As simple as that.

Old
deandebean

Quote:
His next 3 playoffs:
1994-95: 10 4 7 11
1995-96: 11 3 4 7
1998-99: 10 5 7 12

Also he didnt have one great season, he had 3 seasons with over a point per game with them before being traded.

95-96. Wasn't that the year he faked an injury?

I ask you: with his talent, wouldn't you be expecting him to get AT LEAST a point a game? I mean, this guy has crazy skillset.

Old
03-23-2006, 10:54 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax
Yeah, I'm waiting to see what he can do with the Sharks in the playoffs (this year or another). Until then, I'd pick my grand-mother ahead of Thornton to play in the playoffs. At least, she would be able to spank Markov.

By the way, speaking of Markov and how he owned Big Joe so easily that it upset the B's captain to the point that he used his stick as a sword against Markov, have you noticed that this team can't win without Markov this year ? And the Habs, with Huet in net, are almost impossible to beat when Andrei is in the line-up...

That's our weak point, but also what makes us way better than an 8th spot chasing team when Markov's playing... We'll never beat the Canes with this issue. The Sens are another story though...

Wouldn't that be god-awful: the Habs fight like maniacs for 8th spot...and get creamed in 4 games.

Old
03-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
They crumbled cuz their leading scorer didnt show up. As simple as that.
Why can't you just wait till SJ make the playoffs and he can show up again. On the odd chance that he doesn't, I'll look stupid, on the likely chance that he does....

Old
03-23-2006, 10:55 PM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
95-96. Wasn't that the year he faked an injury?

I ask you: with his talent, wouldn't you be expecting him to get AT LEAST a point a game? I mean, this guy has crazy skillset.
He does have a point per game this year. Considering all the cirscumstances that I mentioned (playing injured in first 18 games, playing with stonehands Ribs and Perezhogin) the fact that he does have a point per game and also only plays about 13-14 minutes a game most nights shows how good he is.

Old
03-23-2006, 10:56 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
He does have a point per game this year. Considering all the cirscumstances that I mentioned (playing injured in first 18 games, playing with stonehands Ribs and Perezhogin) the fact that he does have a point per game and also only plays about 13-14 minutes a game most nights shows how good he is.
Ribs is second best passer on the team how does he have stonehands?

Old
03-23-2006, 10:56 PM
deandebean

Quote:

OK, then. I'll go further. Wouldn't he be able to get MORE than a point a game?

And why does he play 13-14 minutes only?

Old
03-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Shabutie

Quote:

He calls thornton for cheap passes yet on this streak, Kovalev has had so many secondary assists on the PP it's ridiculous.

Old
03-23-2006, 10:58 PM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:

Cause Bob Gainey would rather play defensively then offensively.

And for the ribiero thing, I meant his goal scoring ability for petes sake. Not like you did not know, but squeeking things around doesnt work with me pal.

Old
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Koivu and Kovalev played great! Where are you haters now? Kovy's got points in 16 of his last 18 games (7 GOALS, 14 ASSISTS). Oh and at those people who said Kovalev cant pass. Look at the pass that led to Dandenault's goal. I seriously dont know anybody except maybe Jagr who can deke in a dime and pass it immediately right on the stick of another rushing forward. Kovalev is unreal! Great job KK
What's the point to do those childish threads after each game where Saku plays well ? '' Where are you haters ? '' ...It sounds soo much like the '' my father is stronger than your father ''

why don't you simply say that Koivu , Kovalev and all the team played very well tonigh . It was so good to see the Habs dominated the Leafs outrageously .

GO HABS GO ! congrats to SAKU and KOVY for their good game !

Old
Toro

Quote:

He has been playing a lot more than that lately, with the double shift on the 3rd and 4th lines now and then and pp time without looking at the stats i'll bet he was in the top 2 in ice time for the forwards

Old
03-23-2006, 10:59 PM
deandebean

Quote:
He calls thornton for cheap passes yet on this streak, Kovalev has had so many secondary assists on the PP it's ridiculous.

The Thornton thing should be dropped because they are 2 different players, and not of the same level right now.

Old
03-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Bloody Sabbath

Send a message via MSN to Bloody Sabbath
did this seriously become a Kovalev vs Thornton debate?

Old
03-23-2006, 11:00 PM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
What's the point to do those childish threads after each game where Saku plays well ? '' Where are you haters ? '' ...It sounds soo much like the '' my father is stronger than your father ''

why don't you simply say that Koivu , Kovalev and all the team played very well tonigh . It was so good to see the Habs dominated the Leafs outrageously .

GO HABS GO ! congrats to SAKU and KOVY for their good game !
This is the kind of response I was waiting for and that I did get for the first 3 or 4 replies before these pessimist posters invaded the thread.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Shabutie

Quote:

And for the ribiero thing, I meant his goal scoring ability for petes sake. Not like you did not know, but squeeking things around doesnt work with me pal.
Ribeiro wasn't brought here for his goal scoring ability...Kovalev was. If anything Kovalev hasn't brought it.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:01 PM
deandebean

Quote:

Nope. Bob likes a player who COMMITS himself. Alex is a known floater. Like Mike said, he picks his spots. That's ok when you score, but when you don't, you're pretty much useless. And Bob is not the floater type. He likes commitment on the boards AND in the defensive zone. That's not playing defensively.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:01 PM
Bloody Sabbath

Send a message via MSN to Bloody Sabbath
Quote:
reminds me of some idiot on another forum that said Jagr's goals are all luck.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Toro

Quote:

since when is a second assist bad????

usually that pass is the one thas sets up the whole play after a little skate kovalev passes it across ice or up to the point and then the screen sets up and the pass for the one timer is a goal boom

sounds good to me i've seen a lot of those on me im a goalie

Old
03-23-2006, 11:02 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktml
did this seriously become a Kovalev vs Thornton debate?

I know. Funny, eh?

Closed Thread