HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Interesting Markov Stat

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2006, 10:14 PM
kas

vCash: 500
Interesting Markov Stat

Just looked it up.

With Markov in the lineup, since Gainey's taken over, we are 11-1-3.

The one loss was against TO 5-3.
Our OT losses were 5-4 to Philly, 2-1 to ATL, 3-2 to Buffalo.
We've won 1-0 twice (FLA, NYR) and beat Boston 2-0.
Other games we scored 6 twice, 5 twice, 4 twice and 3 twice.

I'm too afraid to look up how much we've suffered without him...

This guy just opens up our entire game. He does all the little things well, such as hitting players in stride, working the D-to-D, using the whole ice, remaining calm, etc. that just allow us to be so much more effective offensively. He kick starts our breakout and transition game so incredibly, and works the point well on the PP.

IMO He's our MVP this year, with Huet second, and then a huge gap before anyone else.

Get healthy Andrei...we'll need you to lead the charge for our playoff run...

Old
03-23-2006, 10:14 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas
Just looked it up.

With Markov in the lineup, since Gainey's taken over, we are 11-1-3.

The one loss was against TO 5-3.
Our OT losses were 5-4 to Philly, 2-1 to ATL, 3-2 to Buffalo.
We've won 1-0 twice (FLA, NYR) and beat Boston 2-0.
Other games we scored 6 twice, 5 twice, 4 twice and 3 twice.

I'm too afraid to look up how much we've suffered without him...

This guy just opens up our entire game. He does all the little things well, such as hitting players in stride, working the D-to-D, using the whole ice, remaining calm, etc. that just allow us to be so much more effective offensively. He kick starts our breakout and transition game so incredibly, and works the point well on the PP.

IMO He's our MVP this year, with Huet second, and then a huge gap before anyone else.

Get healthy Andrei...we'll need you to lead the charge for our playoff run...
Actually, he's been attrocious tonight. You can see he's tentative. But hey! He's like a lucky mascot! Keep him in coach, as long as we win.

Old
03-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Shabutie

RDS brings this up every game, I can't believe you actually had to look for those stats Lol

Old
03-23-2006, 10:33 PM
kas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
RDS brings this up every game, I can't believe you actually had to look for those stats Lol
Yeah, I know we're something like 3-14 without Markov, but I didn't know we've only lost once with him since BG took over - a game where we were dead tired (I think it was our 3rd in 4 nights) and had serious penalty trobules.

And look at our GF - we scored 1 only 3 times and 2 of those and we were held to 2 twice, one of which we won.

BG runs a defensive system that relies on quick crisp outlet passes to succeed. I'm very happy with our D right now, but whereas a lot of the time they play it safe and chip it out off the glass, Markov has the ability to make that difficult pass that opens up our offensive game.

deandebean - Yeah, he still looked injured tonight, but even him at 80% really helps - IMO luck has nothing to do with it...

Old
03-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas
Yeah, I know we're something like 3-14 without Markov, but I didn't know we've only lost once with him since BG took over - a game where we were dead tired (I think it was our 3rd in 4 nights) and had serious penalty trobules.

And look at our GF - we scored 1 only 3 times and 2 of those and we were held to 2 twice, one of which we won.

BG runs a defensive system that relies on quick crisp outlet passes to succeed. I'm very happy with our D right now, but whereas a lot of the time they play it safe and chip it out off the glass, Markov has the ability to make that difficult pass that opens up our offensive game.

deandebean - Yeah, he still looked injured tonight, but even him at 80% really helps - IMO luck has nothing to do with it...
I don't have a girlfriend

But interesting stats...only one loss in regulation We should add anothet defenceman like Markov this summer so in case of an injury, we would still be a good team and our record would be something like 78W and 3L

Old
03-23-2006, 11:19 PM
EaGLE1

Old
03-24-2006, 12:27 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
Actually, he's been attrocious tonight. You can see he's tentative. But hey! He's like a lucky mascot! Keep him in coach, as long as we win.
beanhead... in your opinion anyone who is not french canadian sucks or is attrocious. The myopia is treatable by laser surgery dude.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:29 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

this is why i think this summer gainey should forget getting a physical defenseman and get somebody who's not necessaraly as good in the D zone and alot better at moving the puck

there arent many available defenseman available that are stellar in their zone and can move the puck super well...they're inked to deals...

and t doesnt necessarally mean someone who scores alot...but someone who can move the puck and open up the game like markov does...he doesnt have a boat load of points but we can see the difference he makes...he's often the third assist on the play so he doesnt get the point but without he's break out passes alot of the plays wouldnt get started...

Old
03-24-2006, 01:01 AM
Slick Nick

Bergeron on 110%, earlier this year; Markov has no hockey sense at all, he's the dumbest D on this squad. We've been waiting 4 years and he's still the worst guy out there...

Bergeron on 110%, 4 years ago; Markov can't say cheeseburger in english, he should go back to Russia and eat his gulash! (gulash is actually a hungarian soup..)

Markov is a genius.

Old
03-24-2006, 01:11 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick

Bergeron on 110%, earlier this year; Markov has no hockey sense at all, he's the dumbest D on this squad. We've been waiting 4 years and he's still the worst guy out there...

Bergeron on 110%, 4 years ago; Markov can't say cheeseburger in english, he should go back to Russia and eat his gulash! (gulash is actually a hungarian soup..)

Markov is a genius.
I really question how bergeron coached in the NHL, every night he sounds dumber and dumber

Old
03-24-2006, 05:59 AM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96
I really question how bergeron coached in the NHL
Just look at who he coached. That explains a good chunk of it to me...

Old
03-24-2006, 06:29 AM
NoKtUrN

Quote:
This post is attrocious, let's just say pretty much all your posts are attrocious.

Old
03-24-2006, 07:33 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Wow, you certainly got your point in there with style and gusto. Bravo!

Old
03-24-2006, 07:42 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
Wow, you certainly got your point in there with style and gusto. Bravo!

Where have you been Kerberos??

There was a lot of Koivu bashing on these boards for the last couple of weeks, and I kept asking people where you were?

Old
03-24-2006, 08:19 AM
predz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96
I really question how bergeron coached in the NHL, every night he sounds dumber and dumber
I actually find he look like a genius........as long as Perron is on the show....

Old
03-24-2006, 08:44 AM
oli500

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1

Post of the year

Old
03-24-2006, 08:53 AM
psychonaut

I cant help but think maybe we should of left Markov rest for the week, then come back when he is ready. I know we need him badly but lets say if he would not of played monday. Maybe he would be 100% But by playing him, im affraid of porlongin his injury.

But I dont realy know what wrong exept its his back, but I want him back soon @ 100% we realy need this guy. That stat is realy inpressive one lost since Bob started coaching

Markov you are the man!!

Old
03-24-2006, 09:17 AM
tinyzombies

What channel is 110% on?

Old
03-24-2006, 10:06 AM
LeMAD

Markov is by far our best player...

Old
03-24-2006, 10:07 AM
mclusky*

Kim Johnnson is the perfect, complimentary defenseman to our current core, we should sign him, it would make that much of a difference.

Old
03-24-2006, 10:22 AM
romain_jaime

Who did Bergeron coach and what years?

Old
03-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Habsaku

Quote:
He wasnt at his best defensively but he made some pretty important passes. The guy has great vision and even injured, he knows how to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
beanhead... in your opinion anyone who is not french canadian sucks or is attrocious. The myopia is treatable by laser surgery dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKtUrN
This post is attrocious, let's just say pretty much all your posts are attrocious.
Thanks for enlighting us

Old
03-24-2006, 10:50 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by romain_jaime
Who did Bergeron coach and what years?
He actually coached Goulet, the Stastny Bros. and Hunter. It's not as bad as some would say. For the years he coached, I think it's in late 80's

Old
03-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

I agree that Markov wasn't that good yesterday. He missed a lot of his passes and seemed very tentative, specially at the begining of the game. I think he is obviously playing injured.

Old
03-24-2006, 11:18 AM
NoKtUrN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Thanks for enlighting us
You can't seriously think that Markov played attrocious last night and that this guy that's always complaining about Koivu, Kovalev and Markov really know's what he is talking about can you?

Markov has been one of the best, if not the best player the habs have this year. He has taking a hell of a step forward this year and even with a bad back he comes in to play the best he can to help the team and then people like him critisize his play and say he played attrocious??? what the hell is that? The reaon I did not make my comment this long, is because I thought intelligent people would understand what I meant and could read between the lines.

Closed Thread