HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Terry Fisher

vCash: 500
Sergei Kostitsyn

First playoff game with the Knights tonight sees him bag a goal and get 4 helpers in London's opening game 6-1 win. He was 2nd star. This guy just keeps getting better and better.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Habs514

Nice.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Just wow!!!

Sergei > Andrei?

Old
03-23-2006, 11:39 PM
ShuttFan

Playing the powerplay might have something to do with it. Some no-name (Schremp?) also had 5 assists for the Knights.

Old
03-23-2006, 11:47 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
I still say Andrei > Sergei...

I'm starting to think that Andre should have followed the same path as his little bro and play in the CHL

Old
03-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Form and Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz

I'm starting to think that Andre should have followed the same path as his little bro and play in the CHL
I'm glad he didn't, Andrei had his growing pains but he's coming along nice and slow (Damn those Sharks and their Bernier). If he played a year in the CHL I fear he could have ended up having a season similar to Salmonsson's, and that would have been ABSOLUTELY disastrous to his conifence and his drive.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:20 AM
Habs13

The real question is will the Kostitsyn duo be better than the Sedin sisters?

Old
03-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leachmeister2000
I'm glad he didn't, Andrei had his growing pains but he's coming along nice and slow (Damn those Sharks and their Bernier). If he played a year in the CHL I fear he could have ended up having a season similar to Salmonsson's, and that would have been ABSOLUTELY disastrous to his conifence and his drive.
i had the oppurtnity to watch Bernier in Moncton when he played for the cats

i always like him glad to see him doing well

Old
03-24-2006, 02:00 AM
Form and Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie

Yeah I was one of his doubters. I thought he would be too slow-footed in the NHL, and when I saw his senior stats in Moncton, I had a right laugh. Well I guess I'm not laughing much anymore.

Old
03-24-2006, 05:30 AM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
I am not rejoicing about Kostitsyn until I see what he can do for a season without Schremp and Bolland.

Old
03-24-2006, 08:20 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:

Agreed on both counts. I know I harped on it enough at the time, but hey, I'm never one to pass up an opportunity for re-harping.

Andrei would have been a great fit on a strong Medicine Hat team (I think it was Medicine Hat... maybe I need such re-harpings in order to make up for my progressive memory loss)... Medicine Hat was to the Mem Cup in 2004, and guys like Meyer, MacArthur, Cam Barker, Kris Russell... would have been a good slot for Andrei to fit into on a team that played really well. It's not like he would have been going into a losing situation and be relied on too much.

It would have been pretty much like the situation that Sergei is in now, and I think that opportunity to show some dominance while learning the game and the language would have been better for Andrei than facing an uphill struggle in the AHL. In hockey terms, anyway. The consideration about keeping closer tabs on him for monitoring the epilepsy or even for developing the language and adaptation and that might have factored in.

Old
03-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
I am not rejoicing about Kostitsyn until I see what he can do for a season without Schremp and Bolland.
I guess we'll see...I'm happy with his production so far for a 9th round pick though

Cap

Old
03-24-2006, 11:02 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie

You wouldn't happen to live in Moncton, would you?

Old
03-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
The real question is will the Kostitsyn duo be better than the Sedin sisters?
For skill....I think so, for actual teamwork/chemistry, very doubtful.

Old
03-24-2006, 11:26 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano
I guess we'll see...I'm happy with his production so far for a 9th round pick though

Cap

7th round pick, 200th overall. There isn't a 9th round anymore. RIP 8th and 9th rounds.

Old
03-24-2006, 11:38 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
7th round pick, 200th overall. There isn't a 9th round anymore. RIP 8th and 9th rounds.
At this stage of development who would he be compared to in the NHL(one that did develop)?

Old
03-24-2006, 11:42 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro
At this stage of development who would he be compared to in the NHL(one that did develop)?

don't know. It find it very difficult to compare NHLers to prospects, so rarely do so.

Old
03-24-2006, 01:04 PM
mcphee

So, talent evaluators, which path does he take ? Ray Whitney or MA Thinel ? Both guys able to make a living playing a game, but which level does the guy's talent end up in ?

Old
03-24-2006, 01:12 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
don't know. It find it very difficult to compare NHLers to prospects, so rarely do so.
Would you rate him as a cant miss prospect? What are his greatest skills?

Old
03-24-2006, 01:14 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
So, talent evaluators, which path does he take ? Ray Whitney or MA Thinel ? Both guys able to make a living playing a game, but which level does the guy's talent end up in ?
Ray Whitney plus 20 lbs would be great, eh?

Old
03-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Oops, my bad

Even still, 7th round...to get a guy that actually scores some points and isn't 5'6 is pretty good if you ask me

Cap

Old
03-24-2006, 02:14 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro
Would you rate him as a cant miss prospect? What are his greatest skills?

To me there aren't many can't miss prospects. Out of all our prospects only guys like Higgins, Chipchura, Lapierre are guys that I would consider for can't miss, not because of their skills cause you never know if those skills will translate at the NHL level (unless your talking about a Crosby/Ovechkin type of course) But it's because of the way they play the game that imo make them sure fire NHLers in my books. So I personally would not consider either Kostitsyn as can't miss.

His greatest skills imo, his hard work on the ice, plays with lots of heart, love how he drives to the net with the puck willing to pay the price to score. He's got impressive vision, puck handling at high speed, skating, mobility, foot speed and a decent shot. I like how he plays the game, even moreso then his brother. I wish his brother would play with the kind of determation that the younger Kostitsyn plays with. That said we'll have to see how his lack of strength effects him at the pro level. I think he's one of our better prospects and that says something when you consider we have a deep pool of prospects. It will be interesting to see how he progresses/develops over the next few years.

Old
03-24-2006, 02:18 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
To me there aren't many can't miss prospects. Out of all our prospects only guys like Higgins, Chipchura, Lapierre are guys that I would consider for can't miss, not because of their skills cause you never know if those skills will translate at the NHL level (unless your talking about a Crosby/Ovechkin type of course) But it's because of the way they play the game that imo make them sure fire NHLers in my books. So I personally would not consider either Kostitsyn as can't miss.

His greatest skills imo, his hard work on the ice, plays with lots of heart, love how he drives to the net with the puck willing to pay the price to score. He's got impressive vision, puck handling at high speed, skating, mobility, foot speed and a decent shot. I like how he plays the game, even moreso then his brother. I wish his brother would play with the kind of determation that the younger Kostitsyn plays with. That said we'll have to see how his lack of strength effects him at the pro level. I think he's one of our better prospects and that says something when you consider we have a deep pool of prospects. It will be interesting to see how he progresses/develops over the next few years.
Playing with lots of heart sounds great. Thanks :-)

Old
03-24-2006, 02:18 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
I don't know much about junior hockey, so this is a question. Do the London Knights make their stars, or are they already pretty good before they get to London. I mean I have seen the whole record breaking year the year before with those great kids, and I was just wondering was it the coaching staff and etc. that made them become great, or is it they had a lot of talent or I guess both?

Old
03-24-2006, 02:19 PM
AGalchenyuk27

Quote:
You wouldn't happen to live in Moncton, would you?
I do!

Closed Thread