HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Checketts buys the Blues

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2006, 10:31 AM
nyrmessier011

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Checketts buys the Blues

Former Rangers owner buys Blues. Press Conf called for 1 pm.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=159889&hubname=

JD has been rumored for a while as Checketts ideal GM. JD is not mentioned in the article.

Last edited by nyrmessier011: 03-24-2006 at 10:42 AM.
Old
03-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
I don't see JD leaving.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Edge

People have been talking about JD as GM and or some area of high responsibility for more than 10 years.

Still hasn't happened yet.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:24 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
I could be wrong but I remember JD once saying he has no interest in being a GM (unless of course it was for the Rangers).

Old
03-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

JD loves St.Louis since his playing days there. The biggest reason he never moved from NY was his daughters growing up there and going to school.

Now that they're out of the house(I think), I'm sure he might consider taking a GM job. It'd be weird seeing him with any other organization other than the Blueshirts though.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

I can't imagine Rangers hockey without Sam & JD. My entire time being a Rangers fan has been with them as announcers...

Old
03-24-2006, 02:15 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangersFan
I can't imagine Rangers hockey without Sam & JD. My entire time being a Rangers fan has been with them as announcers...

yea it would be strange, but if that happened watch them give Crispino the job. that would be a nightmare.

Old
03-24-2006, 02:29 PM
KasparKrunch

not that i want JD to leave, or believe he is going to leave but if he did I could see someone like Beukeboom, Eddie O doing the color commentary. Crispino would never get the job...the color job always goes to an ex-player, and I would NOT be surprised if MSG would go after Barry Melrose because he lives in NY.

Old
03-24-2006, 02:35 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparKrunch
not that i want JD to leave, or believe he is going to leave but if he did I could see someone like Beukeboom, Eddie O doing the color commentary. Crispino would never get the job...the color job always goes to an ex-player, and I would NOT be surprised if MSG would go after Barry Melrose because he lives in NY.
Once JD goes Sam isn't far behind, so MSG would have
to fill two vacancies. Can't imagine a NYR game without
those two, whoever comes in after them better have thick skin.

Old
03-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

I think Dave Maloney has done a pretty good job when he's covered for JD. As for Sam, I have no idea who would take over his job. Crispino is absolutely brutal!!

Old
03-24-2006, 02:45 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
JD loves St.Louis since his playing days there. The biggest reason he never moved from NY was his daughters growing up there and going to school.

Now that they're out of the house(I think), I'm sure he might consider taking a GM job. It'd be weird seeing him with any other organization other than the Blueshirts though.
JD played in St.Louis 31 years ago.Except for a couple of years in the mid 1980's,John has either been a Ranger player or broadcaster since 1975.One daughter goes to McGill and the other is going to BU

If he goes,he goes.Good luck to him.Why leave the best job in hockey for a thankless GM job?He will either loss or see the few remaining hairs on his head go gray by next December.No more golf in the summer

Old
03-24-2006, 02:53 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Once JD goes Sam isn't far behind, so MSG would have
to fill two vacancies. Can't imagine a NYR game without
those two, whoever comes in after them better have thick skin.
Now why would Sam Rosen leave?Where is he going?St.Louis.The Blues hired John Kelly to be the voice of the Blues.His father Dan was the Blues legendary broadcaster.He left the Avs to broadcast his hometown team

If JD leaves,Ed Olcyzk is the favorite to replace him.Eddie O has worked with Sammy on NHL radio during the playoffs.They did an OLN game together this season.The Garden wanted him to replace Sal Messina but he elected to stay in Pittsburgh on Fox Sports Pittsburgh doing TV

Or Glenn Healy who was another possibility to replace Messina but he decided to remain on TV/TSN

Old
03-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Now why would Sam Rosen leave?Where is he going?St.Louis.The Blues hired John Kelly to be the voice of the Blues.His father Dan was the Blues legendary broadcaster.He left the Avs to broadcast his hometown team

If JD leaves,Ed Olcyzk is the favorite to replace him.Eddie O has worked with Sammy on NHL radio during the playoffs.They did an OLN game together this season.The Garden wanted him to replace Sal Messina but he elected to stay in Pittsburgh on Fox Sports Pittsburgh doing TV

Or Glenn Healy who was another possibility to replace Messina but he decided to remain on TV/TSN
He's getting up there, doubt he wants to be on the road
as time goes by. Sam might stay a year or two
for on the job training.

Old
03-24-2006, 05:28 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy

And John Kelly is IMO one of the best..

Old
03-24-2006, 05:32 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hour
And John Kelly is IMO one of the best..
John Kelly is HORRIBLE.

As for JD, I don't see him going anywhere. He goes our games, and OLN/NBC.

Old
03-24-2006, 05:54 PM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangersFan
I think Dave Maloney has done a pretty good job when he's covered for JD. As for Sam, I have no idea who would take over his job. Crispino is absolutely brutal!!
Just NO KENNY ALBERT.

Old
03-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
yea it would be strange, but if that happened watch them give Crispino the job. that would be a nightmare.

Albert & Maloney are pretty good I think. I go back to when it was Gordon and Chadwick and nobody thought they could be replaced....and they are right. It's just different.

Closed Thread