HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Souray...hello?!?!

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2006, 12:15 PM
CH Wizard

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Souray...hello?!?!

Why is nobody talking about Souray? He was off to a slow start at the beginning of the season...

I remember habs fans talking about how much he was overpayed and overrated...that his season before the lockout was a fluke. He's playing some damn good hockey as of late. He's using his monster slapshot on pp...and it's pretty efficient once again!

Kudos to Souray! 2,8m? Peanuts!

Old
03-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
Why is nobody talking about Souray? He was off to a slow start at the beginning of the season...

I remember habs fans talking about how much he was overpayed and overrated...that his season before the lockout was a fluke. He's playing some damn good hockey as of late. He's using his monster slapshot on pp again!! And it's pretty efficient too.

I made a lot of posts and threads about that the last few weeks. The guy has been awesome, mbetter then his breakout season, he's no fluke. He,s a guy who can play solid defense, score a lot of points and bring a nastiness in the back side. 2.15M for a number 2 guy is excellent.

Last edited by Habsaku: 03-24-2006 at 12:22 PM.
Old
03-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Evil Ted

I watched souray play in the world championships last spring and I lost a bit of stock in him, so when he started this year on the wrong foot I gave it to him. Especially around the time Spezza made him look silly

However every game he plays the guy seems to get better and is playing with more confidence, he does deserve praise too, I think that he is a great leader for our team aswell and hopefully he can continue to improve.

Old
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:

I remember habs fans talking about how much he was overpayed and overrated...that his season before the lockout was a fluke. He's playing some damn good hockey as of late. He's using his monster slapshot on pp...and it's pretty efficient once again!

I am happy that Gainey didn't trade him

Old
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:

His work has not gone unnoticed. Right now he is playing great and doing it at both ends of the ice. Our blueline is stronger then people give it credit for.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
I am happy that Gainey didn't trade him
Me too and rumor has it, Souray was wanted badly by the Canucks.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:20 PM
AH

He is making 2.15, not 2.8 million.

I agree with Habsaku, since the new year, he has been better than he was in the first half of 03-04. He has been downright amazing.

He is going to cost a lot of money after next year.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:21 PM
BORAT

This is by far his worst season.

and yet he is getting points !

And he beats the crap out of people ...

Old
03-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Habsaku

last 13 games:

5 goals 6 assists 11points.

Last 25 games

7goals 11 assists 18 points.

The guy has been really good.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:23 PM
BORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
He is making 2.15, not 2.8 million.

I agree with Habsaku, since the new year, he has been better than he was in the first half of 03-04. He has been downright amazing.

He is going to cost a lot of money after next year.
I don't think so, he'll probaly get in the low 3's probably like Rivet

both of them will probably have similar contracts

Old
03-24-2006, 12:31 PM
habs_24x

i agree, he has been really good. Looks like a leader out there and seems to like it alot here in Montreal.
would any of you object to putting the ''C'' on him? seems to me he would make a great captain. (not that im dissing Saks)

Old
03-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
last 13 games:

5 goals 6 assists 11points.

Last 25 games

7goals 11 assists 18 points.

The guy has been really good.
That's even better then what I thought. The guy has been great for a while now, then again everyone has gotten better other than Markov and Rivet who have been consistent since the begining of the year.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x
i agree, he has been really good. Looks like a leader out there and seems to like it alot here in Montreal.
would any of you object to putting the ''C'' on him? seems to me he would make a great captain. (not that im dissing Saks)
Personally, I like the team's spirit ever since Dagenais and Theodore have been gone(I can add guys like Kilger, Quintal, Hossa too). Have you noticed how after each goal or each time a guy finally gets a break, every guy on the bench jumps in joy and how Rivet and Souray are always the guys padding everyone in the back. How about the fact the for once, i'm seeing Saku talking to each and every player, especially the younger and new ones. I like this team's spirit, its a long ways from the crap we saw under Houle and Savard.
Also, I think that we should give some props to Ribeiro. He has been playing outstanding hockey in both zones. Some of the passes he made yesterday we're amazing. The goal he set up on the blue line was pure talent and smarts. We should keep him, he has matured a lot the last few weeks.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Also, I think that we should give some props to Ribeiro. He has been playing outstanding hockey in both zones. Some of the passes he made yesterday we're amazing. The goal he set up on the blue line was pure talent and smarts. We should keep him, he has matured a lot the last few weeks.
As Co-Leader of the Ribeiro (Mark0v's gotta be leading that one..) bandwagon I agree with this. That is of course only if we can get a PF, if not, go for Arnott.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:44 PM
nilan30

Quote:
Personally, I like the team's spirit ever since Dagenais and Theodore have been gone(I can add guys like Kilger, Quintal, Hossa too). Have you noticed how after each goal or each time a guy finally gets a break, every guy on the bench jumps in joy and how Rivet and Souray are always the guys padding everyone in the back. How about the fact the for once, i'm seeing Saku talking to each and every player, especially the younger and new ones. I like this team's spirit, its a long ways from the crap we saw under Houle and Savard.
I don't know if Quintal was bad for team spirit. He was always the first guy to defend a teammate no matter who he had to drop the mitts with.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:45 PM
felixd

Quote:
I am always harsh on Ribeiro, but he has been playing better as of late, props to him.

As for Souray, I kept on defending him early in the season, but I got tired of everyone ganging up on me, yelling "Souray : OUT!!!", but yeah I am loving the way Souray is playing lately.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:46 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
I am always harsh on Ribeiro, but he has been playing better as of late, props to him.

As for Souray, I kept on defending him early in the season, but I got tired of everyone ganging up on me, yelling "Souray : OUT!!!", but yeah I am loving the way Souray is playing lately.
As long as Souray keeps doing that jerking motion to put his helmet back in place, I coulnd't be mad at him if he threw my grand mother down a flight of stairs.

Old
03-24-2006, 12:49 PM
BORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
As long as Souray keeps doing that jerking motion to put his helmet back in place, I coulnd't be mad at him if he threw my grand mother down a flight of stairs.
you mean the famed Helmet Gobble...

Old
03-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Personally, I like the team's spirit ever since Dagenais and Theodore have been gone(I can add guys like Kilger, Quintal, Hossa too). Have you noticed how after each goal or each time a guy finally gets a break, every guy on the bench jumps in joy and how Rivet and Souray are always the guys padding everyone in the back. How about the fact the for once, i'm seeing Saku talking to each and every player, especially the younger and new ones. I like this team's spirit, its a long ways from the crap we saw under Houle and Savard. .
I've definitely noticed those things. The team seems more like, well a team. I love a guy like Komisarek. Every time he's on the ice and a goal is scored he just looks so pumped up. Except when he scored his own goal, then he was like "Ya, that's how it's done boys"

Old
03-24-2006, 12:53 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
With Ribieros hands if he would play nearer the net he would score a ton of points. Buy the lil fella a flak jacket

Old
03-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
I agree on all accounts.

And it's not about the points he's collecting right now. I think he have finally adapted to the new rules (and the new rules are a tad less... restrictives than at the very beginning of the season) + the problems he had in his life are behind him (at least, a good chunk).

The points are just a +. And the goals are due to 1 fact: He hits the net... With his montruous shoot, he simply need to keep it low and it will go in. We have found a way with good puck moving skills to open the guy a lot more and allow him the much need time for Souray to use his slapshot efficiently.

Old
03-24-2006, 01:52 PM
HABIMUS-MAXIMUS

Nobody should apologize for any negitive criticism about Souray, Zednik, Dandineault and Ribeiro.........or Theo. They all deserved what they got. None of them were playing well, some were dredfull. But they ALL (except for Theo, for now) are playing well above the calibre they were showing during the first half season. Much improvement for all of them. Some more than others.

Zednik has had a 200% turn-around. Souray's playing a more simple game & getting more wood on his shots. Komo has turned into a confident D-man, who is using his size more and taking some hits to make the play. Ribeiro is actually playing like he weighs more than 120 pounds.

Gainey must have had some one on one's w/alot of them. Now let's watch our young guys mature with some veterans leading the way.

Old
03-24-2006, 02:03 PM
znk

Thank god we didnt trade him. He's been amazing lately.

This reminds me...I wanted to start a poll.

Old
03-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Habs13

Rivet and Souray both want to be here.. maybe they'll do whats right considering the cap and stay for less than they could fetch on the FA market. Dreamer, that's me..

Old
03-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Firthbird

Send a message via MSN to Firthbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
Rivet and Souray both want to be here.. maybe they'll do whats right considering the cap and stay for less than they could fetch on the FA market. Dreamer, that's me..
Rivet will for sure, he has already come out and said he wants to stay here for the rest of his career Hopefully Souray will think the same way

Closed Thread