HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prucha, Moore, Betts

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2006, 02:24 PM
The Dawg*

vCash: 500
Prucha, Moore, Betts

Given Rennys insistance to put Prucha on the third line and keep rucinsky and rucchin on the top two lines, why wont the rangers try this:

at least for the next 3 games with hollweg out, its a good time to experiment

put moore with prucha and ward. it moves betts to the fourth line where he belongs. i think wed all agree moore has a bit more offense and playmaking ability than "I have 1 assist in 500 games" Betts. it is a conservative move that renny should def. experiment with.

ward-moore-prucha
hossa-betts-ortmeyer

Old
03-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Fletch

I am inclined to say...

that Moore has better offensive instincts than Betts, but that hasn't been proven out at the NHL level. Perhaps it's playing with Ortmeyer and Hollweg that keeps him back, as it would anybody, but I can't confidently agree. My gut tells me yes.

Old
03-24-2006, 02:31 PM
The Dawg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
that Moore has better offensive instincts than Betts, but that hasn't been proven out at the NHL level. Perhaps it's playing with Ortmeyer and Hollweg that keeps him back, as it would anybody, but I can't confidently agree. My gut tells me yes.
its not as if it is a huge risk at all. we arent sure how effective moore can be offensively but i think ranger fans can certainly agree he has more offense than betts. thats why he should be put with prucha and ward

Old
03-24-2006, 02:32 PM
DontStaal

you know, thats not such a bad idea. I think that could really balance out the offensive productivity of the 3rd and 4th lines. IMO, if this would work, i wouldnt mind moving hossa up to the 3rd line w/ Moore and Prucha, to add some size... we should forward this to renney

Old
03-24-2006, 02:33 PM
The Dawg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersin06
you know, thats not such a bad idea. I think that could really balance out the offensive productivity of the 3rd and 4th lines. IMO, if this would work, i wouldnt mind moving hossa up to the 3rd line w/ Moore and Prucha, to add some size... we should forward this to renney
get on it ron. nice avator

Old
03-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Fletch

It really isn't a huge risk...

but my main issue is Prucha not getting the minutes on the line I think he should be on. Call it the line with Rucchin, or Jagr, either. I like Straka a lot, but prefer to see Prucha get those minutes. I like Rucinsky a good deal, but prefer to see Prucha get those minutes.

Old
03-24-2006, 02:46 PM
The Dawg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
but my main issue is Prucha not getting the minutes on the line I think he should be on. Call it the line with Rucchin, or Jagr, either. I like Straka a lot, but prefer to see Prucha get those minutes. I like Rucinsky a good deal, but prefer to see Prucha get those minutes.
i did NOT say prucha should be on the third line. i said given rennys insistance of putting him there, this is what id do (moore with prucha and ward)

Old
03-24-2006, 02:56 PM
Fletch

I understand...

I just always feel the need to reiterate my feelings. Didn't Moore and Straka play together earlier in the season? For some reason I thought they did and Moore looked pretty good. Not sure if he had the durability to do that over the long haul, and the playoffs are a long haul

Old
03-24-2006, 03:00 PM
DontStaal

i like this idea.. but seriously, Hossa and Prucha mite be able to generate some offense if put together.

Old
03-24-2006, 03:11 PM
KasparKrunch

why not do prucha-moore-hossa
orty-betts-ward

Old
03-24-2006, 03:19 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawg
Given Rennys insistance to put Prucha on the third line and keep rucinsky and rucchin on the top two lines, why wont the rangers try this:

at least for the next 3 games with hollweg out, its a good time to experiment

put moore with prucha and ward. it moves betts to the fourth line where he belongs. i think wed all agree moore has a bit more offense and playmaking ability than "I have 1 assist in 500 games" Betts. it is a conservative move that renny should def. experiment with.

ward-moore-prucha
hossa-betts-ortmeyer
...works for me and I wouldn't mind it if you substituted Rucinsky for Prucha and put Prucha with Jagr.

Old
03-24-2006, 03:56 PM
shoothepuck

Reeney should try to adjust his lines to get the most effective combo's together before the playoff, but he hasn't made many radical changes and it's doubfull he'll start now. Not much to loose trying Prucha,Moore,Betts, and if after a few shifts it dosn't seem to work he can always switch back.

Old
03-24-2006, 04:03 PM
The Dawg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparKrunch
why not do prucha-moore-hossa
orty-betts-ward
yea you could try that too.

Old
03-24-2006, 04:06 PM
The Dawg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
...works for me and I wouldn't mind it if you substituted Rucinsky for Prucha and put Prucha with Jagr.
yea i agree with what you said. i dont think prucha belongs on the 3rd line, but we all know he will be there at least for the near future according to renney. knowing that hell be on the third line, itll be a lot more effective if moore is his center. bump betts to the 4th where he belongs. on the third you can have prucha moore and ward or prucha moore and hossa

Old
03-24-2006, 04:27 PM
DontStaal

alrite.. i hope Renney gets my voice message

Old
03-24-2006, 04:33 PM
The Dawg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersin06
alrite.. i hope Renney gets my voice message
just relate it through the san diego news mr. burgundy

Old
03-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Sather Hater

Going from Betts with 1 assist to Dominic Moore with his whopping 7 assists is not much of an upgrade. Anyone else notice Moore doesn't like to pass too often or is just me, he has a tendency to try and go around everyone on the opposing team himself rather than pass the puck.

Prucha needs to play on the second line with Sykora and either Rucchin/Straka centering. Or with Nylander/Jagr on the top line. Sticking him with two guys who don't have much offensive upside is gonna hold him back.

The third and fourth line have done a great job penalty killing this year but because they don't contribute much offense it makes you wonder how safe their job's are. In the next year or so when new guys from the system start to get chances and can prove they can hold their own defensively but have better offensive skills. Guys like Moore, Ortmeyer, Betts, Ward, Hossa etc could very well lose their jobs to Immonen, Dawes, Helminen, Korpikoski, etc.

Old
03-24-2006, 05:06 PM
KasparKrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sather Hater
Going from Betts with 1 assist to Dominic Moore with his whopping 7 assists is not much of an upgrade. Anyone else notice Moore doesn't like to pass too often or is just me, he has a tendency to try and go around everyone on the opposing team himself rather than pass the puck.

Prucha needs to play on the second line with Sykora and either Rucchin/Straka centering. Or with Nylander/Jagr on the top line. Sticking him with two guys who don't have much offensive upside is gonna hold him back.

The third and fourth line have done a great job penalty killing this year but because they don't contribute much offense it makes you wonder how safe their job's are. In the next year or so when new guys from the system start to get chances and can prove they can hold their own defensively but have better offensive skills. Guys like Moore, Ortmeyer, Betts, Ward, Hossa etc could very well lose their jobs to Immonen, Dawes, Helminen, Korpikoski, etc.

your description of moore's puckhog style reminds me of BlackBurn2727, an HF Board Member, who refuses to pass to anyone in street hockey.

Old
03-24-2006, 05:07 PM
The Dawg*

Quote:

yes we all know for the 100th time he doesnt belong on the 3rd line since renney has decided hell be on the 3rd line, he should be there with moore instead of betts. read the opening post of this thread dude

Old
03-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Sather Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawg
yes we all know for the 100th time he doesnt belong on the 3rd line since renney has decided hell be on the 3rd line, he should be there with moore instead of betts. read the opening post of this thread dude
Read my first sentence dude.... going from Betts to Ward is not really an improvement. The don't have even have 10 assists between the two of them.

Old
03-24-2006, 05:43 PM
The Dawg*

Quote:
Read my first sentence dude.... going from Betts to Ward is not really an improvement. The don't have even have 10 assists between the two of them.
(u mean moore) ----i think it can be an improvement. i aint callin moore an offensive machine but he has more O than betts. you might as well do it, it can be easily interchangeable in the lineup. not much risk involved.

Old
03-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Janerixon

renney is a good coach and a good motivator, but as a matchup guy hes doesnt have it together and as far as thinking otuside of the box, there is none

we have basically been the same 4 lines all season, the biggest switch would be straka and rucinsky, but other than that its been the same 4 lines

the team has been flat for scoring wise for weeks except for when prucha was on the top line, now that rosie is back renney just cant figure it out either put prucha on the top line or switch it up?

i mean these would be the best lines by far
prucha-nylander-jagr
straka-rucchin-sykora
rucinsky-betts-ward
hollweg-moore-ortmeyer

even this would be better
straka-nylander-jagr (original 1st line)
prucha-rucchin-sykora
rucinsky-betts-ward
hollweg-moore-ortmeyer

renney just refuses to see things outside of his box, moore and prucha with hossa could work, but that really depends on hossa, yeah thats right, hossa, because hossa is goin to have to do his share of the work and create room for prucha and moore, two smaller players

id love to see it tried, because betts isnt goin to create much for prucha, he is a definsive center who plays defense first, ward can create for prucha but hes not as skilled as out rop 6 and he to cares about defense first

renneys lack of trying to create some combination that can net usa goal every other game from the 3rd or 4th line will really show in the playoffs when teams shadow jagr and the only scoring we may get will be from our 2nd line

i dont think renney is willing to risk some defense for offense, however rucinsky is a better defensive player than prucha and to be honest he is more capable of scoring goals on his own, with little help from teamates such as creating his own plays, than any other player on this team other than jagr

Old
03-24-2006, 06:30 PM
polako

if prucha is left to rot on the third line, try to make it an offensive one. prucha-ward-hossa.

while betts was out, there were a few games that had ward playing center. he was very good at faceoffs during that time, definitely better than dom moore. shifting betts to the fourth line center, with moore and orts as the wings would keep it a solid checking line, and one with a good faceoff man.

Old
03-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Why not try

Prucha Ward Hossa
Moore Betts Ortmeyer

The Ward line was dangerous until Prucha got hurt.

Old
03-24-2006, 10:24 PM
Fletch

The Ward line was...

although dangerous is a strong word - how about a very good two-way line?

Closed Thread