HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Victor Ejdsell

Old
05-08-2017, 03:48 PM
jumb0

vCash: 500
Victor Ejdsell

Sounds like we got him

http://www.thegamenashville.com/2017...nt-in-ejdsell/

Last edited by jumb0: 05-09-2017 at 09:42 AM.
jumb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 04:06 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
I love that he was at Game 4 against Chicago and then picked us over them.

"“A game is like a party,” Ejdsell told the Swedish newspaper Nya Wermlands-Tidningen (translated using Google Translate). “People are crazy. It was very special. It is completely different hockey over here.”"

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Armourboy

Hope he doesn't think it's like that every night, that's tough to live up too lol.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 04:32 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 788
If true, sort of heals the Vesey wound.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 04:38 PM
dubgeek

vCash: 400
Wait, the Preds signed someone 6'5" and 215 lbs. who's NOT a defenseman? That alone is worth a little excitement.

dubgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 04:39 PM
HITMAN88

This is beyond amazing... so much great things are happening to Nashville. I mean at this time last year he would have chosen another team for sure. Even a month ago maybe...
Right now the whole world is starting to realize such a great hockey city is Nashville. Such a great team the Predators have

HITMAN88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 05:11 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubgeek View Post
Wait, the Preds signed someone 6'5" and 215 lbs. who's NOT a defenseman? That alone is worth a little excitement.
Top scorer in SHL to boot this year to go along with the size. Hope this guy pans out. TenneSweden!

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 05:22 PM
eddie416

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Top scorer in SHL to boot this year to go along with the size. Hope this guy pans out. TenneSweden!
Leading scorer of Allsvenskan, which is the second tier league to the SHL. Still a great signing

eddie416 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 05:38 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie416 View Post
Leading scorer of Allsvenskan, which is the second tier league to the SHL. Still a great signing
Ahhh I see that now. Thanks for the correction.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 05:49 PM
drwpreds

This is FANTASTIC news. From everything I have been reading this guy is almost certainly going to be a legit NHL player.

We now have 3 potential future centers in the organization- all of whom project to be legitimate NHL players.

If nothing else, we are piling up some very good trading chips for when we go out looking for a #1 or 2 center. And it gives us a better chance to do so without touching our D.

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 05:58 PM
luckofirish8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubgeek View Post

luckofirish8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Flgatorguy87

So what do we know about this guy. 21 year old who got passed up several times. Late bloomer? Upside? Comparables?

Flgatorguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 06:01 PM
Soundgarden

Ejdsell joining Kamenev and Trenin for our center depth it really exciting. Our depth is looking pretty good at each position, good time to be a Pred fan.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 06:16 PM
glenngineer

Don't forget about Novak and the little dude we got in the draft from CT last year.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 06:18 PM
King Weber

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Don't forget about Novak and the little dude we got in the draft from CT last year.
.. and Pettersson, Richard, Moy and Gaudreau

King Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 06:26 PM
PerdFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flgatorguy87 View Post
So what do we know about this guy. 21 year old who got passed up several times. Late bloomer? Upside? Comparables?
Played in a men's league since his early teens (way above his age) so just kinda got looked over. Now the past 2 seasons he's caught up to the men's league's abilities and "grown" into his body and is really standing out in the 2nd tier Swedish League. He'll either make our roster or step up and play on the higher level SHL team HV71 for a season and then transition to NA after that.

PerdFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 07:14 PM
LCPreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerdFan View Post
Played in a men's league since his early teens (way above his age) so just kinda got looked over. Now the past 2 seasons he's caught up to the men's league's abilities and "grown" into his body and is really standing out in the 2nd tier Swedish League. He'll either make our roster or step up and play on the higher level SHL team HV71 for a season and then transition to NA after that.
Any kind of ceiling projection that you've seen? Sounds a lot to me like Barkov in terms of "playing in the men's league" although the primary difference is Barkov definitely stood out much earlier since he is 21 years old as well.

LCPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 08:29 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumb0 View Post
He's large, Swedish, scorer, free.... what's not to like?

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 08:32 PM
King Weber

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPreds View Post
Any kind of ceiling projection that you've seen? Sounds a lot to me like Barkov in terms of "playing in the men's league" although the primary difference is Barkov definitely stood out much earlier since he is 21 years old as well.
Bigger and badder Mike Fisher is what I've heard.

Anyway, hope he comes to NA sooner rather than later.

King Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 09:25 PM
PerdFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPreds View Post
From what I've read and seen on video, until 2 years ago he was kind of thought of as meh, project kind of player. I have to think him growing into that huge frame and maturing physically allowed him to show his natural talent more prominently. Also switching to center has really improved his play and showcases his particular skill set. He's not freakishly fast but moves very well for his frame and his long reach is a huge asset defensively. Rates as a higher end 2-way guy with decent speed and shot with very good positioning and hands/stick work. Definitely bigger, but I'm not too sure badder than Mike Fisher (at least not yet) is a decent comparison.

I guess our European scouts () were once again, one of the first to really pay attention to the kid, even before his breakout season a year ago. You just have got to be impressed by the NSH scouts across the pond. They just seem to look deeper and scout more persistently than most. And get rewarded more often times than not.

Old
05-09-2017, 04:04 AM
MrKriben

Quote:
From what I've read and seen on video, until 2 years ago he was kind of thought of as meh, project kind of player. I have to think him growing into that huge frame and maturing physically allowed him to show his natural talent more prominently. Also switching to center has really improved his play and showcases his particular skill set. He's not freakishly fast but moves very well for his frame and his long reach is a huge asset defensively. Rates as a higher end 2-way guy with decent speed and shot with very good positioning and hands/stick work.
I think he needed this year in BIK Karlskoga to find himself, gain confidence and grow into his style of playing by logging the big minutes he dident get in Färjestad. I think his development would benefit more to play in the AHL a season to get used to the rinksize, style of gameplay and the Preds system than playing in SHL wich is basicly more of the same that he did last season but at a higher level. I think he could get alot of icetime in HV71 too but for the goal of him developing into a NHLer, AHL next season would be better.

MrKriben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 04:46 AM
Gh24

Allsvenskan is not nearly as bad as being a 2nd tier league make it sound. It's not too far from FEL.

Gh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 06:12 AM
PerdFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKriben View Post
I think he needed this year in BIK Karlskoga to find himself, gain confidence and grow into his style of playing by logging the big minutes he dident get in Färjestad. I think his development would benefit more to play in the AHL a season to get used to the rinksize, style of gameplay and the Preds system than playing in SHL wich is basicly more of the same that he did last season but at a higher level. I think he could get alot of icetime in HV71 too but for the goal of him developing into a NHLer, AHL next season would be better.
I think since he already signed with HV71, a jump all the way to the NHL is the only situation that allows him out of the SHL next season.

Agreed, I would like to see him get used to the smaller ice sooner rather than later, but I think Poile is ok with giving him a year gaining confidence with a higher level of competition.
In hindsight, I think Fiala made the jump a year too early, before he was really mature enough mentally for the rigors of NA pro hockey. Even Forsberg struggled for consistency his 1st 2 seasons over here ( although Trotzy's infamous doghouse could account for some of that). May be a cautionary tale for Ejdsell.

Personally I hope the kid sets the world on fire and stays with the big club out of camp, but I fully expect him to play overseas one more season.

Old
05-09-2017, 07:29 AM
Preds33

Quote:
I think since he already signed with HV71, a jump all the way to the NHL is the only situation that allows him out of the SHL next season.

Agreed, I would like to see him get used to the smaller ice sooner rather than later, but I think Poile is ok with giving him a year gaining confidence with a higher level of competition.
In hindsight, I think Fiala made the jump a year too early, before he was really mature enough mentally for the rigors of NA pro hockey. Even Forsberg struggled for consistency his 1st 2 seasons over here ( although Trotzy's infamous doghouse could account for some of that). May be a cautionary tale for Ejdsell.

Personally I hope the kid sets the world on fire and stays with the big club out of camp, but I fully expect him to play overseas one more season.
If he is signed with us, we can assign him to Milwaukee over HV71. We did the same to Fiala. He was playing on HV71 and halfway through the year the Preds told him to go to Milwaukee.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 07:52 AM
GoldOnGold

Man I watched some videos and he looks like a giant out on the ice.

GoldOnGold is offline   Reply With Quote