HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Tickets Thread III

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-10-2017, 10:30 AM
  #1
Jonesey
Moderator
Dept. of Defense
 
Jonesey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 10,556
vCash: 500
All Purpose Tickets Thread III

Continue..

__________________
Posted by: Live in the Now
I've grown soft.
Jonesey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 10:42 AM
  #2
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 3,916
vCash: 500
So, going through Ticketmaster, 2 tickets in the lower level for Game 3, with fees included, costs a total of $1,148. WTF?

If that is what the Preds are really charging and it isn't some mistake I am pretty shocked. If that is what WCF tickets cost, what are SCF tickets going to go for??

If this is what it is going to be I feel for anyone who is a non-sth general public fan.

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 10:47 AM
  #3
Preds33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 8,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
So, going through Ticketmaster, 2 tickets in the lower level for Game 3, with fees included, costs a total of $1,148. WTF?

If that is what the Preds are really charging and it isn't some mistake I am pretty shocked. If that is what WCF tickets cost, what are SCF tickets going to go for??

If this is what it is going to be I feel for anyone who is a non-sth general public fan.
Think about what a World Series or NCAA Championship game ticket costs. I can imagine that a Finals ticket would be comparable to one of those.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 10:47 AM
  #4
jumb0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Out of curiosity I took a look at Ottawa's site for ECF tickets, they aren't on sale yet but these are the prices they listed.

SRO: $140
300 Level: $110-212
200 Level: $268-385
100 Level: $307-485

jumb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 10:48 AM
  #5
FossilFndr
Registered User
 
FossilFndr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
Upper level singles $227, a few are popping up on Ticketmaster, what happened to the prices posted on closed thread post # 946?

FossilFndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 10:49 AM
  #6
Preds33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 8,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FossilFndr View Post
Upper level singles $227, a few are popping up on Ticketmaster, what happened to the prices posted on closed thread post # 946?
Probably demand. STH's probably bought more than expected.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 10:58 AM
  #7
FossilFndr
Registered User
 
FossilFndr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Probably demand. STH's probably bought more than expected.
can probably cover a big chunk of next season with a few stubhub sales

FossilFndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:01 AM
  #8
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 3,916
vCash: 500
I still say something feels off about this- the only tickets that have been available until 10:00 this morning were to STH's. We have around 10,000 STH.

I find it hard to believe that there are less than 100 tickets left for all 3 games combined.

And tickets for round 2 were not anywhere close to this expensive. I know the prices are going up, but the jump in the prices from last round to this one is insane.

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:04 AM
  #9
Preds33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 8,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
I still say something feels off about this- the only tickets that have been available until 10:00 this morning were to STH's. We have around 10,000 STH.

I find it hard to believe that there are less than 100 tickets left for all 3 games combined.
I bought 4 extras with my STH discount for the rest of the playoffs for some friends (former STH's), and I had the option to buy more at full price (but didn't). I can very easily see others doing the same which in turn leads to this.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:08 AM
  #10
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 3,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
I bought 4 extras with my STH discount for the rest of the playoffs for some friends (former STH's), and I had the option to buy more at full price (but didn't). I can very easily see others doing the same which in turn leads to this.
But that accounts for 7,000 tickets?? Just seems weird to me- didn't even come close to being that many last round.

Speaking of STH, I usually can log into the My Smashville Tix site and buy extra playoff tickets, but I just noticed that, at least right now, I no longer have access to any of the games- the games don't even show on the event list. I know I was still able to even last night........

Anyone else seeing this??

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:10 AM
  #11
Rads47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
I bought 4 extras with my STH discount for the rest of the playoffs for some friends (former STH's), and I had the option to buy more at full price (but didn't). I can very easily see others doing the same which in turn leads to this.
We did this, as well. Have 4 STH seats in 109 and bought 4 more for this round.

Rads47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:11 AM
  #12
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 3,916
vCash: 500
I am now laughing even harder at the Oilers fans on the main board who were absolutely certain they would have no problem snapping up tons of tickets- and at $60 for lower levels.......

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:13 AM
  #13
la flama blanca
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
But that accounts for 7,000 tickets?? Just seems weird to me- didn't even come close to being that many last round.

Speaking of STH, I usually can log into the My Smashville Tix site and buy extra playoff tickets, but I just noticed that, at least right now, I no longer have access to any of the games- the games don't even show on the event list. I know I was still able to even last night........

Anyone else seeing this??
That could easily account for 7000 tickets. If even only a quarter of the STH bought 4 extra tickets that would be 10,000 tickets. I bet it averaged way higher that.

la flama blanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:14 AM
  #14
FossilFndr
Registered User
 
FossilFndr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
Sometimes I see 'buy on map' with tickets available then refresh and that is not even an option. Maybe they dribble out a few in the next few hours. Maybe server issues. I sure expected to see a thousand or so released at 10 am. Was logged in and looking at all 3 games and with only a couple exceptions did not find a pair anywhere.

FossilFndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:20 AM
  #15
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 3,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by la flama blanca View Post
That could easily account for 7000 tickets. If even only a quarter of the STH bought 4 extra tickets that would be 10,000 tickets. I bet it averaged way higher that.
Maybe so, who knows.

But for the last two rounds that absolutely wasn't anything close to being the case. Now, I realize this is the WCF, but those were series vs Chicago and St Louis, so its not like they weren't in-demand games.

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:24 AM
  #16
Preds33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 8,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Maybe so, who knows.

But for the last two rounds that absolutely wasn't anything close to being the case. Now, I realize this is the WCF, but those were series vs Chicago and St Louis, so its not like they weren't in-demand games.
It is simple. The further the team goes, the larger the bandwagon grows and the higher the demand, thus the quicker the sell out.

Another note, a guy I work with last year asked a local restaurant to change the TV from a Preds playoff game to a NBA game as he could care less about NHL and likes the NBA. He found out quickly how much of a mistake that was. His comment "Hockey fans are rough". Now after this run, he is talking about wanting to go to a game or multiple games.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:29 AM
  #17
la flama blanca
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Maybe so, who knows.

But for the last two rounds that absolutely wasn't anything close to being the case. Now, I realize this is the WCF, but those were series vs Chicago and St Louis, so its not like they weren't in-demand games.
The difference is STH holders had to buy the first two round strips of extra tickets prior to the playoffs, when things didn't look as good .

la flama blanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:31 AM
  #18
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 3,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
It is simple. The further the team goes, the larger the bandwagon grows and the higher the demand, thus the quicker the sell out.

Another note, a guy I work with last year asked a local restaurant to change the TV from a Preds playoff game to a NBA game as he could care less about NHL and likes the NBA. He found out quickly how much of a mistake that was. His comment "Hockey fans are rough". Now after this run, he is talking about wanting to go to a game or multiple games.
I fully understand all of that- I get it- but there was also plenty of excitement going into the STL series and there were plenty of tickets available for all 3 of those games.

There are basically ZERO tickets available to the general public for this series. Regardless of the circumstances I am surprised by that. If I am the Preds I make certain there are at least 1,000 or so available- it is just good marketing......

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:36 AM
  #19
la flama blanca
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Good marketing is to sell season tickets as opposed to having tickets for the general public, that is why there was a select a seat party yesterday and this run is selling season tickets.

la flama blanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:44 AM
  #20
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 3,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by la flama blanca View Post
Good marketing is to sell season tickets as opposed to having tickets for the general public, that is why there was a select a seat party yesterday and this run is selling season tickets.
To a certain extent yes. But I think the main thing that is causing no ticket availability is allowing people who are already season ticket holders to buy extras. There is no way the Predators have sold 5-7,000 season tickets during the playoffs.

Maybe I am in the minority, but if they really did let STH buy up all the tickets for this series, so that there are absolutely none left for the general public (and those that are available cost $600 each) then to me that is a terrible look for the team and yes, bad marketing in my opinion. I am already seeing a lot of people upset on twitter- the Preds make a big announcement about tickets going on sale at 10:00 today- people see that, try to buy tickets at 10 on the nose and find that there are zero available. Just not good in my opinion.

And I am a STH and already have my tickets, so I am not griping about this because the policy hurts me- it actually helps me. But there should be some tickets available to non-sth in my opinion....

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:45 AM
  #21
Preds33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 8,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
To a certain extent yes. But I think the main thing that is causing no ticket availability is allowing people who are already season ticket holders to buy extras. There is no way the Predators have sold 5-7,000 season tickets during the playoffs.

Maybe I am in the minority, but if they really did let STH buy up all the tickets for this series, so that there are absolutely none left for the general public (and those that are available cost $600 each) then to me that is a terrible look for the team and yes, bad marketing in my opinion. I am already seeing a lot of people upset on twitter- the Preds make a big announcement about tickets going on sale at 10:00 today- people see that, try to buy tickets at 10 on the nose and find that there are zero available. Just not good in my opinion.

And I am a STH and already have my tickets, so I am not griping about this because the policy hurts me.......
That announcement also said a limited number of tickets were being released. People should have known based on that.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:45 AM
  #22
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
Continue..
My dad was a day 1 STH until a few years ago and I was a STH for 3 seasons during the dark ages. I am a hardcore fan but I just can't justify spending this amount of money. If they get to the SCF I will pay anything to go to one game but other than thay I'll get to the arena early and sit my happy butt outside and watch from the viewing party.

Never did I ever think we would see ticket prices like this in this market. It's a good thing but damn frustrating for sure.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:49 AM
  #23
Jonesey
Moderator
Dept. of Defense
 
Jonesey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 10,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
My dad was a day 1 STH until a few years ago and I was a STH for 3 seasons during the dark ages. I am a hardcore fan but I just can't justify spending this amount of money. If they get to the SCF I will pay anything to go to one game but other than thay I'll get to the arena early and sit my happy butt outside and watch from the visiting party.

Never did I ever think we would see ticket prices like this in this market. It's a good thing but damn frustrating for sure.
Exactly the same for me. I would love a WCF game but I don't have the money to go to both and I told my wife I don't care how many extra jobs I have to work, I will go to a SCF game.

Jonesey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:51 AM
  #24
FossilFndr
Registered User
 
FossilFndr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
just saw 2 in sect 326 row C for game 6 if necessary, $525. including fees. Damn hard to pull the trigger. have to walk away before I do something stupid.

FossilFndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:51 AM
  #25
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 3,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
That announcement also said a limited number of tickets were being released. People should have known based on that.
When all that are available are singles, "limited" is very misleading. Nothing but singles available = no tickets available.

So you have no problem with how the Preds are handling this? Making it so that absolutely no one who isn't a STH can attend these historic games??

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.