HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Tickets Thread III

Old
05-10-2017, 11:53 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
It's a catch-22 situation.

Everyone wants success but everyone hates the prices that success breeds.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:53 AM
drwpreds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FossilFndr View Post
just saw 2 in sect 326 row C for game 6 if necessary, $525. including fees. Damn hard to pull the trigger. have to walk away before I do something stupid.
Again, I guess I am in the minority here- no one else seems to be worried about it, I guess because most of us are STH, but that is a ridiculous price for this market for an upper level seat. Completely ridiculous. That is $400 higher than tickets for round 2.

Should not be that much of a hike between round 2 and 3.

Again, I feel for anyone who isn't a STH.

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:54 AM
TitansVolsPreds615

I will put it this way. I have 4 friends/couples who are full STH. We all bought the max tickets for every game. I know not all STH will buy additional tix but even if we have 10k season ticket holders and less than half buy all 4 addt'l tickets, we have sold out.

TitansVolsPreds615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:56 AM
la flama blanca

Drwpreds I see your point and didn't think you were complaining, heck your dedication and effort is more than most fans, being a STH and driving up from Birmingham for the games. My take is season ticket holders pay the bills, single tickets to a playoff game don't and far as good look they sold $75 seats yesterday to the public, which did go fast. For high demand games, there is no way to make everyone happy and the market sets the price at that point.

la flama blanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 11:57 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
It's a catch-22 situation.

Everyone wants success but everyone hates the prices that success breeds.
Just for the record, I am 100% ok with price increases- OF COURSE that is going to happen. But $600 for a lower level seat in the highest row?? That is pushing it, big time. All I am saying is the price increase from round 2 to 3 is way higher than expected- does not seem proportionate to me. I would be curious to compare this with the other teams. I doubt Canada teams are any higher than this..

But my biggest problem is lack of availability for the regular buying public

Old
05-10-2017, 11:58 AM
Smashville Stroke

Just saw 2 in 323 C 1-2 for $242 each for game 4. As a broke teacher (who also has a new baby), I will have to send my good vibes from my couch.

Smashville Stroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 12:03 PM
TitansVolsPreds615

As glad as I am to see the team doing well and adding new ticket package holders, I can't help but be a little upset that the average fan who isn't fortunate enough to have full STH is getting priced out. It's the business of sports but it is a sad result.

Old
05-10-2017, 12:03 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by la flama blanca View Post
Drwpreds I see your point and didn't think you were complaining, heck your dedication and effort is more than most fans, being a STH and driving up from Birmingham for the games. My take is season ticket holders pay the bills, single tickets to a playoff game don't and far as good look they sold $75 seats yesterday to the public, which did go fast. For high demand games, there is no way to make everyone happy and the market sets the price at that point.
I understand all of that- all I am saying is don't let the STH buy up all the available seats. You have to at least make SOME TICKETS available to the public or you are going to alienate a large portion of your fanbase.

If the message to the general public is- "buy season tickets or you have no chance to come to these games" then that is a very bad message. But again, I guess I am alone in thinking that...

STH are still paying the bills if they AREN'T allowed to buy up the extra 7,000 seats.

What was the $75 ticket thing? I did not hear anything about that..

Old
05-10-2017, 12:05 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
As glad as I am to see the team doing well and adding new ticket package holders, I can't help but be a little upset that the average fan who isn't fortunate enough to have full STH is getting priced out. It's the business of sports but it is a sad result.
That is basically my point. But it is not just that they are priced out- even if an average fan WANTS to pay the prices they can't go- there are no tickets available- period.

And I still don't think there should be this much of a difference between this round and the previous two rounds, when none of these issues we are discussing were an issue.

I know it is the conference finals, but still-

Old
05-10-2017, 12:09 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
That is basically my point. But it is not just that they are priced out- even if an average fan WANTS to pay the prices they can't go- there are no tickets available- period.

And I still don't think there should be this much of a difference between this round and the previous two rounds, when none of these issues we are discussing were an issue.

I know it is the conference finals, but still-
Why do you keep saying that? There are plenty available it seems, go to Ticketmaster for the game you'd like and select "Find Seats For Me". There are 2 seats together for every price range, pulled them right up for me about 30 minutes ago.

Edit: Just tried again, looks like the "cheap" seats are gone now, but they were there 30 minutes ago. Club and lower level still easily available.

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 12:13 PM
Preds33

Could it also be that the team is releasing them in batches to try to prevent bots from snatching everything up?

Edit: as of this post, there are pairs of tickets available (even in the 300's), just really expensive.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 12:15 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Could it also be that the team is releasing them in batches to try to prevent bots from snatching everything up?
Maybe, I can still find plenty of club and lower level right now. 30 minutes ago there were plenty of upper level, but those seem to be gone now, at least for game 3.

Edit: Now I see some upper levels, might be slowly releasing them. Anyone want to sit in 323 for over $500 for the pair?

Old
05-10-2017, 12:17 PM
FossilFndr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
Why do you keep saying that? There are plenty available it seems, go to Ticketmaster for the game you'd like and select "Find Seats For Me". There are 2 seats together for every price range, pulled them right up for me about 30 minutes ago.

Edit: Just tried again, looks like the "cheap" seats are gone now, but they were there 30 minutes ago. Club and lower level still easily available.
Changes every few minutes, just clicked to buy 2 but get 'can't process from map' and then they are gone

FossilFndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 12:23 PM
drwpreds

Quote:

I have been checking (just for the heck of it) all morning. I have yet to see "plenty"- most of the time all I see are singles, or at the most maybe a total of 30 or 40 seats.

But I do think they are releasing in batches in some form or fashion- because the numbers keep fluctuating.

Old
05-10-2017, 12:26 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
I have been checking (just for the heck of it) all morning. I have yet to see "plenty"- most of the time all I see are singles, or at the most maybe a total of 30 or 40 seats.

But I do think they are releasing in batches in some form or fashion- because the numbers keep fluctuating.
I never looked at a seating map or number of tickets or anything, all I can say is that about 5 minutes ago I was able to pull up a pair in every price range by choosing "Find Seats For Me". The same thing worked fine about 40 minutes ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FossilFndr View Post
Changes every few minutes, just clicked to buy 2 but get 'can't process from map' and then they are gone
What price range are you looking for? I just now went all the way to checkout with 2 seats from 323 Row C. Went all the way to payment and then I dropped them out of my cart.

And it just now pulled some in 323 Row B that went to checkout no problem.

Last edited by Mortiest Morty: 05-10-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old
05-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Preds33

Quote:
I never looked at a seating map or number of tickets or anything, all I can say is that about 5 minutes ago I was able to pull up a pair in every price range by choosing "Find Seats For Me". The same thing worked fine about 40 minutes ago.
I think the map is disabled and it is setup to let the system assign a seat. Based on that, it is hard to say if there are plenty or just a handful in each price point.

Old
05-10-2017, 12:28 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Maybe, I can still find plenty of club and lower level right now. 30 minutes ago there were plenty of upper level, but those seem to be gone now, at least for game 3.

Edit: Now I see some upper levels, might be slowly releasing them. Anyone want to sit in 323 for over $500 for the pair?
More power to the Predators (I guess) if they can get people to pay those prices.

But (and I know I sound like a broken record) I still say that for this market, at this time in history, those prices are too high.

I know all the reasons for it, so no one has to try to educate me on it. I am a ticket "nerd".

I knew the prices would be going up but I am honestly shocked at just how high they are- $600 for a lower level seat??? I guess if we make the SCF its going to be $1,000 for one ticket.

This the conference finals, not the cup finals. Just surprised that the jump from round 2 to round 3 is this high....

Old
05-10-2017, 12:30 PM
Mortiest Morty

I absolutely think the prices are ridiculous myself. I was just responding to your comment that even someone who had the money to burn couldn't go. I've found two seats in every (ridiculous) price range pretty easily so far.

Old
Preds33

Quote:
More power to the Predators (I guess) if they can get people to pay those prices.

But (and I know I sound like a broken record) I still say that for this market, at this time in history, those prices are too high.

I know all the reasons for it, so no one has to try to educate me on it. I am a ticket "nerd".

I knew the prices would be going up but I am honestly shocked at just how high they are- $600 for a lower level seat??? I guess if we make the SCF its going to be $1,000 for one ticket.

This the conference finals, not the cup finals. Just surprised that the jump from round 2 to round 3 is this high....
I think the releases in batches they are doing is allowing them to do this. It has 2 benefits, 1) prevents the bots from scooping them all up, and 2) creates a false sense of demand which makes it more likely someone will pay the higher price.

Old
drwpreds

Quote:
I hear you- I have done the same. But when you can get the map to pull up it is obvious there is basically nothing available.

Hopefully they are releasing in batches and there will be some more available eventually- but the prices are still completely ridiculous.

Another problem I have is it appears every lower level ticket has the same cost- over $600. Doesn't matter if you are in the last row in the corner or a seat on the glass behind the bench. That makes no sense.

Old
05-10-2017, 12:34 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
I think the map is disabled and it is setup to let the system assign a seat. Based on that, it is hard to say if there are plenty or just a handful in each price point.
It comes and goes- I have the map up right now- and there are maybe 20 tickets showing for game 3, most of them singles

Old
05-10-2017, 12:34 PM
FossilFndr

Quote:

What price range are you looking for? I just now went all the way to checkout with 2 seats from 323 Row C. Went all the way to payment and then I dropped them out of my cart.

And it just now pulled some in 323 Row B that went to checkout no problem.
even using that option I never see anything but $567 each, been checking every few minutes since 10

FossilFndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 12:36 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
I think the releases in batches they are doing is allowing them to do this. It has 2 benefits, 1) prevents the bots from scooping them all up, and 2) creates a false sense of demand which makes it more likely someone will pay the higher price.
Yep- if I didn't already have my tickets, I would be in full panic mode right now and would probably cave and pay whatever it takes.....

Old
05-10-2017, 12:38 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
And one more comment- if they are indeed doing that- again, I have a problem with that. These games are going to sell out- there is so much positivity going on right now and I just think this is totally unnecessary by the Predators- they are going to burn through a lot of goodwill and there is just no good reason to do it.

Old
05-10-2017, 12:39 PM
TitansVolsPreds615

Quote:

My buddy just bought 2 in 314 for 494. That is rough.