HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

All Purpose Tickets Thread III

Old
05-11-2017, 06:13 PM
la flama blanca

vCash: 500
True, however, the prices they put up prior to the WCF pretty much was dead on to what the final general public face prices ended up at, and were actually a bit low.

la flama blanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2017, 06:16 PM
drwpreds

One final thought- all of you who keep saying you have no problem how high the Preds make their tickets if someone will pay it.

What if the Preds came out and said because of the high demand, season ticket holders would also have to pay these outrageous prices. Would you still be on their side then?? STH would pay $600 a game and all others $800, for example.

Would you still be saying you are ok with it? It is more money for the team and franchise, which is the argument many of you made for justifying the prices.

drwpreds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2017, 06:44 PM
Preds Partisan
Gunga galunga

Ehh, this happens. Baseball playoff tickets a couple of years back for the division playoff were double or more regular season prices, then doubled that price for the LCS and then triple that price for the WS. That's approximately 12 times regular season prices by the World Series. And season ticket holders we're forced to buy the whole series strip, not individual games, so yeah prices get stupid real quick.

Preds Partisan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2017, 10:02 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Ehh, this happens. Baseball playoff tickets a couple of years back for the division playoff were double or more regular season prices, then doubled that price for the LCS and then triple that price for the WS. That's approximately 12 times regular season prices by the World Series. And season ticket holders we're forced to buy the whole series strip, not individual games, so yeah prices get stupid real quick.
I would love to see some actual figures. Can anyone show me a situation where one team is charging 2-3 times more than every other team in the playoffs?? Because that is what is happening here.

I would also love to see some historical data on ticket prices for conference finals games. Has any team ever charged more than $600 for one lower level ticket (and I mean the worst possible lower level ticket- not something on the glass). In the Preds case, whatever would be the "worst" seat in the lower level (last row, end zone or corner) is still over $600. I am guessing if it has ever happened, it hasn't happened much...

(EDIT- Just for the heck of it, I checked tickets at Golden St and Cleveland for their NBA conference finals games- in both places you can easily get tickets cheaper than the Preds are charging)

Last edited by drwpreds: 05-11-2017 at 10:10 PM.
Old
05-12-2017, 08:09 AM
TitansVolsPreds615

The guy made a good point that mentioned STH buying tickets at reasonable prices average out the ticket cost. If my seats are $33 for me and $227 for a non STH that averages to 130 for the two of our tickets. Season ticket holders are buying probably 75%+ of the playoff tickets. Very few people are paying the actual sticker price for tickets.

TitansVolsPreds615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2017, 08:13 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
And just as a footnote, I just checked Anaheim tickets. You can get a lower level ticket there for as little as $225. The most expensive is $385. And Nashville is charging $600?????????

That is my only gripe- I just think they have gone way overboard with the pricing of single game tickets, and the fact that ours are 2-3 times more than every other team is proof of that.
because nobody in ANA wants to go.... I still don't understand criticizing the team on this - scalpers have already grabbed tix and have them up for $1200-$1500 - if tix had been cheaper more scalpers would have grabbed them and they'd be 4 figures - those casual fans you're advocating for are shut out that way. at least with the price you're advocating is "too much" the casual fan has a chance to buy it.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2017, 08:54 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
The guy made a good point that mentioned STH buying tickets at reasonable prices average out the ticket cost. If my seats are $33 for me and $227 for a non STH that averages to 130 for the two of our tickets. Season ticket holders are buying probably 75%+ of the playoff tickets. Very few people are paying the actual sticker price for tickets.
Plus the corporate sponsor discounts given to employees of those organizations like the Vanderbilt one posted earlier in this thread. I'd say only about 10-15% are actually being paid at that sticker price.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2017, 09:10 AM
predfan24

Finally was able to find a deal for 150$ per ticket. 300$ Total for game 4. Yes, I actually feel like I robbed the person. Can't wait! Please don't be down 3-0 for this game.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2017, 10:29 AM
la flama blanca

Quote:
..... I have several friends who are Preds fans who would LOVE to take their kid to a playoff game. But it would cost them over $1,300 for two tickets to go to one playoff game. You don't think that is excessive?? It is completely ridiculous. I am not asking anyone to "cater" to anybody. Just charge a fair price for the remaining single game tickets- that is it

That is my only gripe- I just think they have gone way overboard with the pricing of single game tickets, and the fact that ours are 2-3 times more than every other team is proof of that.
Only continuing to beat this super dead house as a diversion to my pre game nerves and all in fun

I would like to take my kid to the Final Four, Masters, Super Bowl and World Series for a 'fair' price ain't going to happen.

Last year's WCF Finals were at least 2x more expensive in St. Louis vs. San Jose. In the finals the average price was $230 in pittsburgh and $659 in San Jose. Econ 101 Supply and Demand. The Preds are a popular team nationally, first time this far, great destination.

Old
05-12-2017, 10:36 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
because nobody in ANA wants to go.... I still don't understand criticizing the team on this - scalpers have already grabbed tix and have them up for $1200-$1500 - if tix had been cheaper more scalpers would have grabbed them and they'd be 4 figures - those casual fans you're advocating for are shut out that way. at least with the price you're advocating is "too much" the casual fan has a chance to buy it.
It is pretty simple- to me, there is no justification for $600 lower level seats. That is it in a nutshell. Yes, of course the team can do whatever they want- they can charge $2,000 if they want to. But when you look around and those tickets are 2-3 times higher than any other team and practically any other sport, that is excessive in my opinion.

And I still want to know if all of the STH on here who have no problem with these prices would feel the same if they were charging the STH outrageous prices. What if they were charging you ridiculous, higher than any other team, prices?? What if YOU were having to pay an outrageous STH rate? Would you still be saying "well, its good for the team to make more money, makes it more stable, etc, etc. Because all of the arguments you make to justify the high prices would also apply here if they did it to the STH.

It is easy to say you are ok with it when you aren't having to pay it.

And while I am thinking about it- another thing I don't understand is why all the lower level pricing is the same no matter where the seat is. A seat on the last row of the lower level in the corner or end zone is $600, just like a center ice seat on the glass is. That makes no sense and I don't think I have ever seen that at any event.

Old
05-12-2017, 10:39 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by la flama blanca View Post
Only continuing to beat this super dead house as a diversion to my pre game nerves and all in fun

I would like to take my kid to the Final Four, Masters, Super Bowl and World Series for a 'fair' price ain't going to happen.

Last year's WCF Finals were at least 2x more expensive in St. Louis vs. San Jose. In the finals the average price was $230 in pittsburgh and $659 in San Jose. Econ 101 Supply and Demand. The Preds are a popular team nationally, first time this far, great destination.
First of all, this is a conference finals game- you cannot compare it to the FF, Super Bowl or World Series- apples and oranges.

And as for those numbers you mentioned, I would just like to see some real numbers- show me some real data where the worst lower level seat for a conference finals game was $600 face value

And again, I bet many on here would be singing a much different tune if THEY were being charged outrageous prices for their STH playoff tickets.

Old
05-12-2017, 10:48 AM
FossilFndr

Since there are so few lower level available and not a pair anywhere pricing all of them the same doesn't seem that questionable. Don't see pricing one $50 lower than another would make a difference. The target buyer for an odd single would be the same.

FossilFndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2017, 10:50 AM
Preds33

Quote:
It is pretty simple- to me, there is no justification for $600 lower level seats. That is it in a nutshell. Yes, of course the team can do whatever they want- they can charge $2,000 if they want to. But when you look around and those tickets are 2-3 times higher than any other team and practically any other sport, that is excessive in my opinion.

And I still want to know if all of the STH on here who have no problem with these prices would feel the same if they were charging the STH outrageous prices. What if they were charging you ridiculous, higher than any other team, prices?? What if YOU were having to pay an outrageous STH rate? Would you still be saying "well, its good for the team to make more money, makes it more stable, etc, etc. Because all of the arguments you make to justify the high prices would also apply here if they did it to the STH.

It is easy to say you are ok with it when you aren't having to pay it.

And while I am thinking about it- another thing I don't understand is why all the lower level pricing is the same no matter where the seat is. A seat on the last row of the lower level in the corner or end zone is $600, just like a center ice seat on the glass is. That makes no sense and I don't think I have ever seen that at any event.

As long as they sell out, I would have no problem. I wouldn't be there, but I wouldn't be upset because I expect that for big games like this. Expecting prices to be cheap for these games is crazy. I am actually shocked STH pricing is so low for these games. I expected twice as much at a minimum.

Quote:
First of all, this is a conference finals game- you cannot compare it to the FF, Super Bowl or World Series- apples and oranges.

And as for those numbers you mentioned, I would just like to see some real numbers- show me some real data where the worst lower level seat for a conference finals game was $600 face value

And again, I bet many on here would be singing a much different tune if THEY were being charged outrageous prices for their STH playoff tickets.
It may not directly compare to the Superbowl or the World Series, but it absolutely compares the the NCAA Final Four. The Conference Finals = the NHL Final Four.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2017, 11:00 AM
la flama blanca

you are right this is the WCF but, we would be having this discussion with the finals because it will be the same but even higher

You aren't going to find those numbers , I imagine $600 is the highest, tickets prices go up, costs got up etc.

I view "fair price" is what someone is willing to pay for the seats in an established market. The tickets are easily selling at this price.

Yes if the prices for STH were this high , they will anger their primary customers and be unethical as that is one of the advertised perks of being a season ticket holder. Not the same as sales to general public.

Old
05-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:

When did this happen?

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2017, 12:01 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
As long as they sell out, I would have no problem. I wouldn't be there, but I wouldn't be upset because I expect that for big games like this. Expecting prices to be cheap for these games is crazy. I am actually shocked STH pricing is so low for these games. I expected twice as much at a minimum.

It may not directly compare to the Superbowl or the World Series, but it absolutely compares the the NCAA Final Four. The Conference Finals = the NHL Final Four.
You guys are driving me crazy here- I AM NOT SAYING I EXPECT PRICES TO BE CHEAP!! Where have I said that anywhere? This is a huge event, and of course prices are going up- way up. But I did not expect our tickets to be 2-3 times more than any other comparable ticket. That is all I am saying. I expected maybe $400 or so for lower level- even that is higher than other teams, but if that's what they were I wouldn't say a thing.

And I strongly disagree about the NHL conf finals being the same as the Final Four. Absolutely no way. That is a national event that has some of the highest ticket prices of any event in the nation. NHL conference finals are big to the city they are in and that is about it. No comparison to the final four.

Old
05-12-2017, 12:02 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by FossilFndr View Post
Since there are so few lower level available and not a pair anywhere pricing all of them the same doesn't seem that questionable. Don't see pricing one $50 lower than another would make a difference. The target buyer for an odd single would be the same.
I still don't get it- makes no sense to me regardless of how many are available. And a front row seat center ice should be a heck of a lot more than $50 more than the last row in the corner.

Old
05-12-2017, 12:04 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
you are right this is the WCF but, we would be having this discussion with the finals because it will be the same but even higher

You aren't going to find those numbers , I imagine $600 is the highest, tickets prices go up, costs got up etc.

I view "fair price" is what someone is willing to pay for the seats in an established market. The tickets are easily selling at this price.

Yes if the prices for STH were this high , they will anger their primary customers and be unethical as that is one of the advertised perks of being a season ticket holder. Not the same as sales to general public.
I am not sure anyone can say this with certainty because there were almost none available for public sale. If there were 1,000 or more tickets available and they were all $600, I bet you anything they would not be "selling easily" and we would quickly see a price drop.

Old
05-12-2017, 12:05 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
When did this happen?
Exactly- the Preds being a "popular team nationally" if first of all, not true, and second of all, has zero bearing on the team's ticket prices.

Old
05-12-2017, 12:06 PM
FossilFndr

Quote:
I still don't get it- makes no sense to me regardless of how many are available. And a front row seat center ice should be a heck of a lot more than $50 more than the last row in the corner.
Were there price differences for STH buying lower level tickets or did this single pricing happen after all STH purchases?

FossilFndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2017, 12:07 PM
drwpreds

Just for the record, I fully realize the poor horse has been dead for awhile and we are still beating it to death.

But I do enjoy a good debate and this is a pretty good one- good time killer as we await the game tonight!!!!!

Old
05-12-2017, 12:15 PM
HoptownPred

I've been told that if you buy a half or full season ticket package, the discount on the remaining playoff seats isat least 50%.

HoptownPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2017, 12:25 PM
Predsboro

This thread though ....

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2017, 03:42 PM
la flama blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
When did this happen?
Just meant popular in the series this year, which creates demand. Predators are the favorite people are wanting to win. Especially after the Hawks sweep.

some examples of that sentiment

Barry Melrose: "If Nashville goes to the Stanley Cup Final, it'll be the best Stanley Cup Final we've ever had."

need more of that go check out the main board series thread - other than the duck fans, the preds, city and organization get high praise.

Old
05-12-2017, 04:00 PM
la flama blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by FossilFndr View Post
Were there price differences for STH buying lower level tickets or did this single pricing happen after all STH purchases?

Yes there were price differences with the usual price level breakdowns for extra tickets prior to the public on sale on wed. Once the ticks went on sale wed. the only purchase price was the three price levels seen now. As hoptown said the prices for STH's were over 50% off for extras.