HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Win!!!!!! - Series Thread - WCF - (P1) Anaheim Ducks 2 vs (WC2) Nashville Predators 4

Old
05-14-2017, 10:26 AM
Filip Forceberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Stupid prices. I think they started around $227 for the far uppers. Not only that but they won't let you buy them unless you meet the conditions below.

Not only that, but they will not allow locals to resell/transfer them and the tickets are 100% digital.

Therefore you are better off going to a game in Anaheim than you are here.
Is there really no way for a STH to sell their tickets for an individual game? My parents have season tickets, but will be out of town for Game 3 and are wanting to sell the pair.

Filip Forceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2017, 10:31 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip Forceberg View Post
Is there really no way for a STH to sell their tickets for an individual game? My parents have season tickets, but will be out of town for Game 3 and are wanting to sell the pair.
From the email the team sent to STH's.....

Quote:
2017 Stanley Cup Playoff tickets are non-transferable and will be accessible via mobile entry or loaded onto your Season-Ticket Citizen Passport. Mobile entry barcodes will not be available until day of game. Stanley Cup Playoff tickets have a no re-sale policy. The Predators have the right to cancel tickets at any time.
They do however have a few options.
1) If they trust the buyer (say a co-worker, friend, or family) they can lend their passport

2) If the buyer is ok with it and trusts your parents, your parents can take a screenshot of the mobile barcode and text it to the buyer. NOTE: The barcode doesn't show up until 3 hours prior to the game. This is where the trust comes into play.

3) Contact their ticket rep. I have been sick off and on during the playoffs. My rep told me they can buy it back from me in that situation.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2017, 10:31 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 0
Quote:
I'm sure they can use ticketexchange to put them.up for sale.. the fees are crap but you can ask for more than face value

05-14-2017, 10:33 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I'm sure they can use ticketexchange to put them.up for sale.. the fees are crap but you can ask for more than face value
No they can't. There is not an option to do that in the STH account manager. The only option available is "donate to charity".

Old
05-14-2017, 10:40 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
No they can't. There is not an option to do that in the STH account manager. The only option available is "donate to charity".
Yep- and I think we are the only team in pro sports right now whose fans do not have the option of selling playoff tickets on ticket exchange.

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2017, 10:50 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 0
Quote:
Really? That's terrible give what they cost, and having to buy them before you know the dates and times

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2017, 10:57 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Why are we doing all of these insane ticket policies?

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2017, 11:03 AM
bdub24
Formerly Section 212

vCash: 50
Because the Nashville scalping scene is ridiculous. Ryman events sell out in seconds when trying to buy on the legitimate market, tourists are getting robbed if they want to come to town and see a show. Really surprised local politicians don't do something about it, but then again, maybe money from those proceeds are finding its way into their pockets.

bdub24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2017, 11:49 AM
HITMAN88

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamestheSame View Post
http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2017/5...vertime-winner

Not sure if posted, fun read anyways.
a quote form this article ''When the Predators wasted an opportunity to take the lead on that 5-on-3 power play in the 3rd period, I thought they might have wasted the opportunity to take Game 1.

I was obviously wrong.

I bet a lot of Preds fans felt the same way.''

hmmm.. I mean, great things happens when you have positive thinking and faith in general. So, let's believe in this team already. Whatever is happening on the ice, I know that this team is capable of overcoming the toughest challenge in front of them.
Btw before Game 1 I had that weird feeling about Neal.. I watched 4 highlight videos with Neal on youtube The only player I watched highlights......

HITMAN88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2017, 12:10 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMAN88 View Post
a quote form this article ''When the Predators wasted an opportunity to take the lead on that 5-on-3 power play in the 3rd period, I thought they might have wasted the opportunity to take Game 1.

I was obviously wrong.

I bet a lot of Preds fans felt the same way.''

hmmm.. I mean, great things happens when you have positive thinking and faith in general. So, let's believe in this team already. Whatever is happening on the ice, I know that this team is capable of overcoming the toughest challenge in front of them.
Btw before Game 1 I had that weird feeling about Neal.. I watched 4 highlight videos with Neal on youtube The only player I watched highlights......
I said in the GDT thread I thought that would probably cost us the game. This team has just been very composed regarding momentum shifts in the playoffs.

Ducks fans were concerned about Neal, and with good reason. He thrives with the more physical/nasty play and is a poor match for their D with his mix of size and skill.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2017, 01:07 PM
klt2001

I'm thinking we should have Fisher against Getzlaf as he can match him in size and keep him in check. Then will just need someone on our team to be able to keep Silfverberg in check. If not I would at least move Fisher up to the second line w/ Colin Wilson and Neal and move Jarnkrok down to the third line to keep the Kesler/Silfverberg line in check as Jarnkrok was getting manhandled by the Ducks along the boards which made it difficult for that line to keep the scoring pressure on as he was unable to keep the puck in their end and got hit pretty hard.

Last edited by klt2001: 05-14-2017 at 01:20 PM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2017, 01:10 PM
LCPreds

Quote:
I had this issue last year and the Preds bought them back. Given how much people would probably pay for a pair I'm sure they would gladly give you back the STH rate and go sell them to the masses for 3-5x that.

LCPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2017, 10:03 AM
deanwormer

Given the edge they've had at C and the refs refusal to call even the high elbows, I think I'd like to see Lavy take it to them in an unexpected way.

JOFA is a given
Fish - Neal and Willy
Sissons - Watty and Harry Z (yes, I'd like that to be Hook, but Vern needs to sit)
Hook - McLeod and Smith/Aberg

Put the Sissons line out against Getzlaff. They're defensively responsible and while underskilled comparatively, they'll run em ragged when the they do get the puck down low. Best of all, undersized or not, Sissons will hit Getlaff back every time, and with Watty out there, he'll have actually have to worry about getting hit anyplace on the ice.

Added benefit - We get Fish playing with some skilled guys which will give us an actual 2nd line to worry about. and our 4th will run theirs ragged - Unless they get a lead, they'll have to shorten that bench early.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2017, 10:30 AM
HITMAN88

This team knows that they can play way better than the showing in game 2. For how long Anahem will keep scoring fluky goals like Ritchie's and Kasa's goals?! Let's see how the Duck will handle the crowd in Smashville Its gonna be a nightmare for Perry and Co.

HITMAN88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2017, 10:54 AM
Preds33

Ducks are holding a press conference in a boot store downtown....

Old
05-17-2017, 11:08 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Ducks are holding a press conference in a boot store downtown....

How odd, don't you think?

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2017, 11:27 AM
dknash

Trying to prep for an asskicking

dknash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2017, 11:39 AM
Pred303

i imagine the press conference will try to highlight the preds "diving" (as ridiculous as that is) to try to gain some advantage in game 4. Cann't believe that duck fans went so ballistic over ellis going down to his knees when he had a stick rake across his face from behind, which was a clear, absolutely obvious stupid penalty.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2017, 07:02 PM
TheOriginalJez

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Jez, your dedication is truly inspiring!

I hate that we are favored. I would much rather be the underdog.
You flatter me but, all things being equal, I'd much rather a marriage of convenience that allowed me to experience these things in more humane hours

TheOriginalJez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2017, 04:27 PM
Paka Ono
Pro Ice Girl Scout

Sharks Fan here, and am rooting for ya.

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...75886007287810

Johansen is out for the rest of the post season

Paka Ono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2017, 11:24 PM
predwings

I'm sadly going to say, my spirits are quite a bit down after these blows. Fisher and Johansen in the same game? Ugh, not sure how we pull this one out now.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2017, 11:32 PM
klt2001

This isn't the time for our teams spirit to be broken but to be pissed off and go get a win. This team can do anything it sets it's mind to. Where there is a will there is a way. No matter what they need that mentality I'm not leaving w/o a win or at least die trying. When this team gives it's full effort there isn't anybody that can stop them. The only person that can stop them is themselves when they don't give their 100% in a game. If the Preds can just do that for the remainder of the games, I like our chances and will be happy. If they come out flat and play the way they played in that first period in the last game then they will have problems. I want to see 3 periods of them working hard and busting their butts off and then just let the chips fall where they may. I bet if they do that the outcome they want will come to them more than not.

Last edited by klt2001: 05-19-2017 at 11:56 PM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 04:12 AM
sparkle twin
Goals? Nah, I pass.

You know it's bad when even the media is calling out the refs.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/f...away-overtime/

From the article:
Quote:
“By the end of the game last night, I don’t know if you saw the highlight pack at the end of the game, the Ducks were basically targeting Rinne’s head,” Friedman said. “I couldn’t believe what they got away with in overtime.

“I mean, I know you don’t like to call a penalty in overtime but when someone butt-ends the goalie’s mask, you’ve got to call that,” he continued. “That’s ridiculous.”

Also, screw the damn ducks! Dirty ********.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 05:28 AM
Armourboy

You know we point the finger at the Ducks, but tbh we should point it at the league for allowing it to go on so long. Until the league does something it's never going to get better.

Armourboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 06:50 AM
deanwormer

All season long, the Preds have lived the next-man-up ethos.....

All PO long we've been waiting for PO Willy......

I don't even care if Fish is healthy or not, I want Willy as 1C, because short of putting the 20yo kid in there, we simply don't have a C that can make that engine run, and Willy is the closest we got to the creativity and vision to make the rest of the group go.

and just for tickles-and-grins, if we are gonna' roll Kamenev, give him guys he played with at Milw and give them at least a chance to be a real line - Aberg and Gaudreau are here - they simply can't do less than we've gotten from the odd combinations of Fids/PA/Mikka/injured Smith etc.....

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote