HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Mathematical Proof On Why It Was A Goal

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2006, 04:53 PM
Roy G Biv*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81
No I'm not. I'm drawing the line of the puck's diameter that I am using at the bottom of the puck. Meaning that the angle from the ice to the bottom of the puck has to be 9.2 degrees or greater. All levels of the puck above that bottom are further in the net, and don't have to be considered.
Pretty sure you forgot to carry the 2

Old
03-25-2006, 09:00 PM
titonka

i had a thought and it may be a dumb one but early in the season marty biron made a sick catch of a puck which they determined to be a goal after review in which he caught the puck near the goalline. now if this wasnt a goal how could they say the whole puck crossed the line when marty had it in his glove?does anyone else remeber this save?he had another one just like it i think the next night

Old
03-25-2006, 09:16 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by titonka
i had a thought and it may be a dumb one but early in the season marty biron made a sick catch of a puck which they determined to be a goal after review in which he caught the puck near the goalline. now if this wasnt a goal how could they say the whole puck crossed the line when marty had it in his glove?does anyone else remeber this save?he had another one just like it i think the next night
Yeah it was during the Pittsburgh home and home, but since it was Crosby's team and the team that was mainly being affected was Buffalo they called it a goal,not really surpirsed by it, it was definitely inconclusive as you could not see the puck but when has the league ever given us a call when we need one?

*waits for answer*

Yeah, that's right never.

Old
03-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Newfie Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Yeah it was during the Pittsburgh home and home, but since it was Crosby's team and the team that was mainly being affected was Buffalo they called it a goal,not really surpirsed by it, it was definitely inconclusive as you could not see the puck but when has the league ever given us a call when we need one?

*waits for answer*

Yeah, that's right never.
damn i remember that. i saw both games.

you guys got some issues and greivances to be filed with the league. no one can accuse you of wining with these examples.

good game tonight btww.

Old
03-25-2006, 11:57 PM
Rover*

Seeing the puck in the net is not an absolute. In the canucks/edmonton game a couple of nights ago, smyth scored on a shootout attempt, but the puck was under auld's arm and his arm was in the net. You could never see the puck from replays, but since auld's arm was in the net, logic dictates that the puck has to be in the net too. I have no problem with calls like that, but it did take the nhl 15 minutes to reach that conclusion, since you could never see the puck from any replay.

Old
03-26-2006, 01:28 AM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover
Seeing the puck in the net is not an absolute. In the canucks/edmonton game a couple of nights ago, smyth scored on a shootout attempt, but the puck was under auld's arm and his arm was in the net. You could never see the puck from replays, but since auld's arm was in the net, logic dictates that the puck has to be in the net too. I have no problem with calls like that, but it did take the nhl 15 minutes to reach that conclusion, since you could never see the puck from any replay.
But the rulebook states there has to be inconclusive evidence to call it a goal or to wave it off.Part of Biron's glove was on the line, which could have held a part of the puck therefor making it not a goal.We still won that game but still...

Closed Thread