HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marc Bergevin - Le Chateau Purple Pants Edition (Mod warning post #514)

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2017, 08:29 PM
habdynasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post

In honor of the new thread title, from November's Weakileaks - the Foxhole emails GDT:

(read email thread from the bottom up)

Le Chateau indeed

(click here for full-size email if your browser shrinks it)
Grimace lol

Old
05-11-2017, 08:30 PM
Belial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
This team will never win a cup until we manage to improve the offense.
The thing is we're not as bad as people try to sell it.

Teams like Ducks, Sharks, Flames and Sens scored fewer goals than we did.

We need a center that can pass the puck and be strong on both sides of the ice.

I don't think this team needs a ton of help. Our wingers are decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWasNot View Post
Right now there's no reason to be even slightly optimistic about the future of this franchise, so why not tell it like it is? People are well justified in venting their frustration with this brainless, spineless, directionless management.
At the same date last year we didn't have Radulov, Lehkonen, and Benn.

Danault was a 4th liner.

Going into next season is way more appealing in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
A lot of the pessimism is overblown, it's true. A real opportunity for a playoff run was ruined by a crappy playoff series, and we're disappointed and angry at what could've been. There's more venting than actual analysis here.

But even though the Habs aren't toppling off a cliff, there is reason for concern. Markov is almost done, although none of us knows how soon. Radulov needs a contract. Galchenyuk's contract is due, with Price not far behind. And that's just management of the current roster as-is.

On top of handling existing players, the team needs to add offence and a real top-six center. Do-able? Sure. I think Bergevin will sacrifice a good player and/or prospect to add a key forward this summer. But then the logical concern is, okay, Montreal assembled a great regular season team again, but is it all for nothing if our leaders disappear in the playoffs? No way to tell right now, but the reality is there's usually no correlation between one playoff year and the next. Round-one exits and SCF appearances aren't contagious. Unfortunately, neither is making the playoffs.
The only guy on this roster that could seriously regress next season is Markov, but we're waiting for him to fall off a cliff since 2012 and he's still going strong.

I expect Lehkonen and Danault to progress, Gallagher and Chucky to bounce back, hell I even expect Plekanec to have a better season if he's still around.

The rest should pretty much stay the same, Carey stop the puck, Max gets his 30+ goals, I don't think Byron will score 20+ goals again but he should get to 15 without a lot of problems.

Once again the only major problem with this team, in my opinion, is that elusive center. Let's see if Marc can deliver.

Old
05-11-2017, 08:41 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post

Habe have players like Pacioretty and possibly Weber who can score a lot of goals against weak teams.

Old
05-11-2017, 08:42 PM
Belial

Quote:
Habs are in a similar situation to the 2012 Canucks. Missed their cup window and the core is now too old to compete. The smart move would be to trade our assets and rebuild immediately, but we'll most likely follow the same path as the Canucks and try to plug holes in the roster to remain competitive as long as possible, only delaying the inevitable.
Can you explain to me how is this team's core old?

The only guy that's almost done is Marky.

Weber 31
Radu 30
Price 29
Petry 29
Max 28
Gally 25
Shaw 25
Danault 24
Chucky 23
Lehkonen 21

I mean, we have a good 3-4 more years to get from this core.

Old
05-11-2017, 08:43 PM
OnceWasNot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheRun View Post
Can't do that. Can't do that until the bozo is in charge.

The idea of a team build from scratch by Bergevin is the scariest thing I can think of. Holy ****.

For now we wait, and its a small price to pay compared to the misery this country-club would bring upon us if we were to rebuild with them in charge.
Right. Bergevin needs to go ASAP. Once this happens it will hopefully trigger a proper rebuild.

Quote:

Danault was a 4th liner.

We might not have Radulov in 2 months. Benn is a bottom pairing D, good depth piece but his presence is nearly inconsequential. Danault has developed into a solid 3rd line center, but he's being overused the same way DD was during his time here because we still don't have any top 6 centers. Lehkonen should develop into a good complementary winger. None of this gives me reason to be excited about next season.

Old
05-11-2017, 08:58 PM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
Can you explain to me how is this team's core old?

The only guy that's almost done is Marky.

Weber 31
Radu 30
Price 29
Petry 29
Max 28
Gally 25
Shaw 25
Danault 24
Chucky 23
Lehkonen 21

I mean, we have a good 3-4 more years to get from this core.
Weber 31 Maybe on the decline, regardless we need a PMD
Radu 30 Is he staying?
Price 29 Some posters think he is awful in the playoffs and needs to be moved
Petry 29 Yeah this is his peak, are you impressed. Not me. Core?
Max 28 Nothing needs to be said about Cpt Invisible
Gally 25 Love him but he is a second line RW when all is said and done.
Shaw 25 LOL yes his super abilities we were told about sure were great during the PO..how many points? 0. Super Core
Danault 24 This is our #1C 40 points, playing with a near 40 goalscorer and the most dynamic forward we have since Kovy. Core?
Chucky 23 Put onto 4th LW after 5 years in NHL, drafted as center and likely traded. Core?
Lehkonen 21 Great prospect..wow we found a winner

Man we are stacked! Other teams should tremble at the habs. If get rid of price we have nothing left.

When I look at our core I am reminded of Anthony Anderson working the Burger Shack in Harold and Kumar..thinking about White Castle or in our case, Toronto, Nashville, Chicago, Pittsburg..hell even Ottawa.

Old
05-11-2017, 09:00 PM
DAChampion

Shaw is not part of the core.

To continue the metaphor, he's part of the periphery.

Old
05-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Montrealer

Here's the problem in a nutshell:
  • 2009-10: 217 GF, 223 GA. 88 Points. 4th in Division. Lost Conference Finals to Philadelphia.
  • 2010-11: 216 GF. 209 GA. 96 Points. 2nd in Div. Lost 1st Round to Boston.
  • 2011-12: 212 GF. 226 GA. 78 Points. 5th in Division. Missed Playoffs.
  • 2012-13: 149 GF. 126 GA. 63 Points in 48 GP. 1st in Div. Lost in 1st round to Ottawa.
  • 2013-14: 215 GF. 204 GA. 100 Points. 3rd in Div. Lost Conference Finals to NYR.
  • 2014-15: 221 GF. 189 GA. 110 Points. 1st in Div. Lost in 2nd Round to Tampa.
  • 2015-16: 221 GF. 236 GA. 82 Points. 6th in Div. Missed playoffs.
  • 2016-17. 226 GF. 200 GA. 103 Points. 1st in Div. Lost in 1st Round to NYR.

That is a stark lack of progress on the offensive numbers. Carey Price is the difference maker - even that horrible season before last was flat offensively, the poor record was all in the increase in goals against due to Price's injury.

Interesting to note the two conference final teams were also 2 of the worst 3 playoff teams in terms of goal differential - showing that riding a hot goalie can indeed get you deep some years.

Old
05-11-2017, 09:07 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
A lot of the pessimism is overblown, it's true. A real opportunity for a playoff run was ruined by a crappy playoff series, and we're disappointed and angry at what could've been. There's more venting than actual analysis here.

But even though the Habs aren't toppling off a cliff, there is reason for concern. Markov is almost done, although none of us knows how soon. Radulov needs a contract. Galchenyuk's contract is due, with Price not far behind. And that's just management of the current roster as-is.

On top of handling existing players, the team needs to add offence and a real top-six center. Do-able? Sure. I think Bergevin will sacrifice a good player and/or prospect to add a key forward this summer. But then the logical concern is, okay, Montreal assembled a great regular season team again, but is it all for nothing if our leaders disappear in the playoffs? No way to tell right now, but the reality is there's usually no correlation between one playoff year and the next. Round-one exits and SCF appearances aren't contagious. Unfortunately, neither is making the playoffs.
There is no pessimism. Some posters here just see the team for what it is. An organization filled with holes and no set plan or structure.

If Radu leaves that just becomes completely worse. I don't see how a GM who has had 5 years to add one top winger or center is now going to bring in one, a top winger too and improve the depth. Not to mention our prospect pool that needs upgrading asap.
It's just not going to happen. By the time he addresses some of these holes, others will have been created, and we'd be back here arguing the same thing.

Our group is not going to win the cup. So let's blow it up while we can still get a lot of value in return.

Old
05-11-2017, 09:23 PM
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Not trying to "sell" anything. We have major holes on this team that have never been corrected. We're now at a point where we've relegated Chuck to bottom six wing and have nobody to effectively center either of the top two lines. That is a serious problem and it's not the only problem we have.

05-11-2017, 09:31 PM
Lshap
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
We have a lot of holes that need fixing. The center position is a mess. If Galchenyuk's not returning (and I don't think he is) then we not only don't have a number one, we also don't have a number two.

On the blueline our best transition defenseman is living on borrowed time and if/when Markov retires we're up the creek on that front. Meanwhile our captain has just had another rotten playoff run and I don't see any reason to think that will change. People aren't venting about nothing here.

I genuinely thought we could have a nice run this season despite the problems we have because it looked like a nice easy string of matchups. Rangers I thought for sure we'd beat and then it would be Ottawa/Boston. That would lead to an ECF against a beaten up team... Of course I also thought we'd be using Chuck in a number one or number two center role... Clearly I was mistaken. Not being able to beat the Rangers is an embarrassment as far as I'm concerned. Managing four goals total in the four games we lost is absolutely pathetic.

This team is a mess right now. If we're going to come back next year serious moves need to be made in the offseason.

Galchenyuk can't come back if we're going to use him the way we did. No way. And same with Beaulieu. We sat him out for an elimination game. Deal them both and try to get at least one of the centers we need. We'll have to get creative from there but one trade isn't going to do it. We need major changes.
I was also on board the playoff train, and was damn disappointed at the lost opportunity. As much as I think Bergevin did a good job assembling a solid roster from July to February, I can't for the life of me figure out why he didn't finish the job at the trade deadline and add a pair of scoring hands. As you correctly pointed out, there were lots of players beyond the UFAs who could've been targeted.

But if there's one thing I've learned, it's to avoid assigning too much meaning to any single series. Compare this year to last -- teams and players don't copy-paste performances from year to year. The 2017/18 Habs could easily be worse in the regular season and better in the playoffs. Biggest roadblocks for me are: 1) Markov. With him our D is solid; without him... well, there's no replacing him anytime soon. 2) Center -- I'd hate to lose Galchenyuk, but the only justification would be an established C in return. 3) Top-six forward. Re-sign Radulov. Add more skill. Habs generate chances but cannot finish.

Bergevin can't control Markov's decline, but he can control his resolve to keep the talent we have and add to it. When you have Radulov and Weber on big salaries, you're built to win now, so it's time for Marc to commit to the direction he began last summer and win now. If that means trading Sergachev, so be it. Time is running out on Bergevin's roster as well as his job, so go all-in.

Old
05-11-2017, 09:39 PM
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator

Quote:
I was also on board the playoff train, and was damn disappointed at the lost opportunity. As much as I think Bergevin did a good job assembling a solid roster from July to February, I can't for the life of me figure out why he didn't finish the job at the trade deadline and add a pair of scoring hands. As you correctly pointed out, there were lots of players beyond the UFAs who could've been targeted.

But if there's one thing I've learned, it's to avoid assigning too much meaning to any single series. Compare this year to last -- teams and players don't copy-paste performances from year to year. The 2017/18 Habs could easily be worse in the regular season and better in the playoffs. Biggest roadblocks for me are: 1) Markov. With him our D is solid; without him... well, there's no replacing him anytime soon. 2) Center -- I'd hate to lose Galchenyuk, but the only justification would be an established C in return. 3) Top-six forward. Re-sign Radulov. Add more skill. Habs generate chances but cannot finish.

Bergevin can't control Markov's decline, but he can control his resolve to keep the talent we have and add to it. When you have Radulov and Weber on big salaries, you're built to win now, so it's time for Marc to commit to the direction he began last summer and win now. If that means trading Sergachev, so be it. Time is running out on Bergevin's roster as well as his job, so go all-in.
I don't think the window is closed. But this team as constructed can't win a cup. At best Price could carry us through a round or two but we just don't have the scoring to actually win anything.

At a minimum we need two offensive centers that must be added. If we don't do that then we're not going anywhere.

Old
05-11-2017, 09:42 PM
Lshap
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
There is no pessimism. Some posters here just see the team for what it is. An organization filled with holes and no set plan or structure.

If Radu leaves that just becomes completely worse. I don't see how a GM who has had 5 years to add one top winger or center is now going to bring in one, a top winger too and improve the depth. Not to mention our prospect pool that needs upgrading asap.
It's just not going to happen. By the time he addresses some of these holes, others will have been created, and we'd be back here arguing the same thing.

Our group is not going to win the cup. So let's blow it up while we can still get a lot of value in return.
The bolded is a pretty good definition of pessimism. Doesn't mean it's unreasonable; you just expect Bergevin won't address any of our needs. I think he will, as he began to do last summer. That's the reasonable optimistic side.

Old
05-11-2017, 09:50 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

A better PO performance? Why?
Sure. That is the undying hope of a fan.
This year was the year, we got Weber, added Radu. Galch was to be our great center. Plek as support, gally being him, we added another spark plug in Shaw, Petry and Price no longer injured. Great potential.
The year before, same thing but switch some names around a bit.
Every damn year for as long as I can remember it's been the same broken record except names are a bit different.
Now again this year. Belial, among others, sings the same tune. This guy and that guy are bouncing back, others are keeping status quo, maybe, just maybe, we will have a player or two have a decline but only minor ones.
So really, we just need that one little guy to give us that push.

Hmm ya, No. This team has major issues. We are not winning the cup unless we make serious big changes and that should be done by tanking.

Old
05-11-2017, 09:56 PM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Habe have players like Pacioretty and possibly Weber who can score a lot of goals against weak teams.
Yes, and other teams score a lot of goals against weak teams too.

Quote:
We might not have Radulov in 2 months. Benn is a bottom pairing D, good depth piece but his presence is nearly inconsequential. Danault has developed into a solid 3rd line center, but he's being overused the same way DD was during his time here because we still don't have any top 6 centers. Lehkonen should develop into a good complementary winger. None of this gives me reason to be excited about next season.
Benn on our bottom pair is better than we had since I don't even know when.

I'm confident we'll resign Radulov.

Danault will eventually play where he's supposed to play.

Again, you're just over the board negative.

Benn is trash, Radulov will not sign, Danault is not good enough, Lehkonen is nothing but a third liner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McKenna View Post
Weber 31 Maybe on the decline, regardless we need a PMD
Radu 30 Is he staying?
Price 29 Some posters think he is awful in the playoffs and needs to be moved
Petry 29 Yeah this is his peak, are you impressed. Not me. Core?
Max 28 Nothing needs to be said about Cpt Invisible
Gally 25 Love him but he is a second line RW when all is said and done.
Shaw 25 LOL yes his super abilities we were told about sure were great during the PO..how many points? 0. Super Core
Danault 24 This is our #1C 40 points, playing with a near 40 goalscorer and the most dynamic forward we have since Kovy. Core?
Chucky 23 Put onto 4th LW after 5 years in NHL, drafted as center and likely traded. Core?
Lehkonen 21 Great prospect..wow we found a winner

Man we are stacked! Other teams should tremble at the habs. If get rid of price we have nothing left.

When I look at our core I am reminded of Anthony Anderson working the Burger Shack in Harold and Kumar..thinking about White Castle or in our case, Toronto, Nashville, Chicago, Pittsburg..hell even Ottawa.
That's exactly what I'm talking about, the whole team is trash.

Way to go!

Old
05-11-2017, 10:03 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
The bolded is a pretty good definition of pessimism. Doesn't mean it's unreasonable; you just expect Bergevin won't address any of our needs. I think he will, as he began to do last summer. That's the reasonable optimistic side.
I'm not saying he won't address any of our needs, I'm saying he shouldn't. There is no point. That's not me being a pessimist, I'm not being negative here, we almost lost in the 1st rd two years ago only to get swept in 2nd, missed the POs the previous year and now have another early exit.

I do not know how many times some of you need to watch this team lose to finally realize that hey, maybe it really just isn't that good.

Sure we have some nice players here and there, every team can say that. Now we have a bit more than that with Price, Weber and Patches but those guys are not nearly enough.

Old
05-11-2017, 10:10 PM
jayhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post

In honor of the new thread title, from November's Weakileaks - the Foxhole emails GDT:

(read email thread from the bottom up)

Le Chateau indeed

(click here for full-size email if your browser shrinks it)
I remember seeing this in a GDT. Amazing . I think it might have subconsciously been the reason I remembered the title

Old
05-11-2017, 10:16 PM
Belial

Quote:
I'm not saying he won't address any of our needs, I'm saying he shouldn't. There is no point. That's not me being a pessimist, I'm not being negative here, we almost lost in the 1st rd two years ago only to get swept in 2nd, missed the POs the previous year and now have another early exit.

I do not know how many times some of you need to watch this team lose to finally realize that hey, maybe it really just isn't that good.

Sure we have some nice players here and there, every team can say that. Now we have a bit more than that with Price, Weber and Patches but those guys are not nearly enough.
Dude, it's hockey! It's a game played on the ice.

Us getting bounced by the Rangers in 6 games doesn't mean we have to tear the team apart and start a rebuild!

We play that series one more time and one of Weber's posts go in and we beat them in 5!

Rangers are not this amazing hockey team that steamrolled the putrid Habs.

Hawks got bounced in the first round now twice in the last two years, should they get rid of everybody?

Sharks missed the PO in 14/15, made the cup final in 15/16 and got eliminated in the first round this year.

Old
05-11-2017, 10:29 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
Us getting bounced by the Rangers in 6 games doesn't mean we have to tear the team apart and start a rebuild!

We play that series one more time and one of Weber's posts go in and we beat them in 5!

Hawks got bounced in the first round now twice in the last two years, should they get rid of everybody?
The Stanley Cup is not about winning one playoffs round you need to win 4 round. Habs were nowhere close to a Stanley Cup win since 1993.

Hawks have already won 3 Stanley Cup in the recent future. Habs have not made the Stanley Cup final since 1993 and they are not reaching it soon either.

The once in the playoff anything can happen ******** need to stop. You need top end talent and gamebreaking talent and playoffs warrior to win the whole thing. Only Price and Radulov have the potential to be difference maker in the playoffs on the Habs and Radulov is an UFA.

If Radulov wants to win a Stanley Cup he must sign elsewhere because the actual Habs are not going to win anything if they are not doing massive changes (rebuild or massive buying with pick and prospect like sergachev going the other way).

Pacioretty is a playoff ghost and should be trade for the highest return.

You know your team is bad when you can't hope or dream to win a Stanley cup in a close future. No prospects hero in the future and the same clueless management team in charge. Dark times indeed.

Old
05-11-2017, 11:01 PM
Runner77

vCash: 9000
Quote:
A better PO performance? Why?
Sure. That is the undying hope of a fan.
This year was the year, we got Weber, added Radu. Galch was to be our great center. Plek as support, gally being him, we added another spark plug in Shaw, Petry and Price no longer injured. Great potential.
The year before, same thing but switch some names around a bit.
Every damn year for as long as I can remember it's been the same broken record except names are a bit different.
Now again this year. Belial, among others, sings the same tune. This guy and that guy are bouncing back, others are keeping status quo, maybe, just maybe, we will have a player or two have a decline but only minor ones.
So really, we just need that one little guy to give us that push.

Hmm ya, No. This team has major issues. We are not winning the cup unless we make serious big changes and that should be done by tanking.
Five years to get us where we are. You'd think there'd be some fine-tuning and a re-evaluation of at least those who advise Bergevin.

Look at who's gone in that span, outside of players. A Therrien who overextended his welcome. A couple of lower end management people and a consultant whose contracts happened to expire. Even the total fail that was two seasons ago when the team collapsed, wasn't met with anything more than "it's on me".

Five years of stagnating and it's still not enough to re-evaluate the blueprint. I'm at a loss. What's the game plan now?

Old
05-11-2017, 11:28 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:

We need a center that can pass the puck and be strong on both sides of the ice.

I don't think this team needs a ton of help. Our wingers are decent.

Danault was a 4th liner.

The only guy on this roster that could seriously regress next season is Markov, but we're waiting for him to fall off a cliff since 2012 and he's still going strong.

I expect Lehkonen and Danault to progress, Gallagher and Chucky to bounce back, hell I even expect Plekanec to have a better season if he's still around.

The rest should pretty much stay the same, Carey stop the puck, Max gets his 30+ goals, I don't think Byron will score 20+ goals again but he should get to 15 without a lot of problems.

Once again the only major problem with this team, in my opinion, is that elusive center. Let's see if Marc can deliver.
There we go again. The same ****ing tape. This team is really not as good as you think.

Who cares if you expect Danault and Lehkonen to progress, young players from other team will progress too. We are not battling against ourselves internally but vs other teams. So it's not because they will progress and improve means that we are a better team. We haven't won any ground over other teams since MB took over, actually I think we got worse. I don't really care about the regular season production now and you should stop too, its irrelevant if your goal is to win the cup or at least build a better playoffs team.

Next season is appealing to you? What's our top 6 gonna be? Who's gonna plays 1st center? As of today, which is without Radulov, our top 6 is probably one of worst in the league and history has shown that MB doesn't gamble and throw big money at UFA's.. it is very worrysome. If we make the playoffs next season, it's gonna be yet again on Price's shoulder.

I said it in the last thread, our top 6 is absolutely terrible in the playoffs. Has Pacioretty, Gallagher, Galchenyuk and Plekanec who are basically the closest player we have as a top 6 improved their game, production in the playoffs over the past 5 years? Not at all, I think their stats all went downhill. Our best PPG ratio player is actually Plekanec who we've been criticized for years about his playoffs performance. The other ones are at 0.5pt per game.. We'll never go far in the playoffs with players like that. No progression at all in 5 years.. Look at a guy like Silverberg, at least you see progression in the playoffs. 6 pts in his first 25 playoffs games.. and 34 pts in his last 34 playoffs games. We have 0 player like that.

If we want to be good in the playoffs, almost the entire top 6 needs to be upgraded.

Pacioretty should not play 1LW
Galchenyuk shouldnt play 1C
Gallagher should not play 1RW
Danault (or Plek) should not play 2C
Lehkonen is ok at 2LW
Shaw should not play 2RW

We don't have a single vets that can step their games in the playoffs.. something even Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri, Kovalev, Koivu.. and Subban was able to give us.

I know we will probably add 1 UFA this summer but is he any good, for how long? Is it another 1 yr contract patching work again? I dont have big hope that MB will improve our top 6 via UFA.. or trade since he never did it as a GM.

Also, our teams is built with the same "type" of player. Limited in talent, limited in size. We don't have an intimidating team. I love Gallagher and Lehkonen.. who plays big for their size but they don't intimidate anybody. Our bigger players in Pacioretty, Galchenyuk or Danault are not the toughest player to plays against either. It's pretty easy to play against us in a 7 games series, we won't worn our opponents with our smallish forwards like a big team like the Ducks can do.

And please stop with comparing our team to the Blackhawks FFS. They won't win the cup every year but they are miles ahead of us as a playoffs team. We won 1 playoffs round in the last 3 years and haven't progressed since.

It's nice that you're optimist, I don't since how long you've been a fan but I've went through a lot of disappointments and how this team is built right now, I can guarantee you that we wont win any cup in the next 3-5 years.. and we need an almost complete rebuild the moment MB is fire.

Last edited by Rosso Scuderia: 05-12-2017 at 06:03 AM.
Old
05-12-2017, 02:09 AM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post

If we want to be good in the playoffs, almost the entire top 6 needs to be upgraded.

Pacioretty should not play 1LW
Galchenyuk should play 1C
Gallagher should not play 1RW
Danault (or Plek) should not play 2C
Lehkonen is ok at 2LW
Shaw should not play 2RW

Also, our teams is built with the same "type" of player. Limited in talent, limited in size. We don't have an intimidating team. I love Gallagher and Lehkonen.. who plays big for their size but they don't intimidate anybody. Our bigger players in Pacioretty, Galchenyuk or Danault are not the toughest player to plays against either. It's pretty easy to play against us in a 7 games series, we won't worn our opponents with our smallish forwards like a big team like the Ducks can do.
I can't take you seriously when you say stuff like Chucky should be our #1 center and Pacioretty shouldn't be a 1 LW!

Chucky is your complete opposite of what you're talking about in the next paragraph! You want a team tough to play against and you put Chucky as your #1 center.

He is the softest freaking player on this team! Byron at his 5 feet is tougher to play against than him.

Pacioretty would be a first line winger on at least 25 teams in the league!

Old
05-12-2017, 02:21 AM
Runner77

vCash: 9000
Quote:
Hmm ya, No. This team has major issues. We are not winning the cup unless we make serious big changes ...
Wouldn't those serious big changes begin with replacing the current decision-makers?

Old
05-12-2017, 03:09 AM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
I think when Bergevin drafted McCarron, he thought he was getting an Adam Creighton.

Old
05-12-2017, 03:17 AM
Deluded Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
I think when Bergevin drafted McCarron, he thought he was getting an Adam Creighton.

McCarron is merely a symptom of a much bigger issue; the same as all our AHL prospects, nowhere near as good as advertised because of the horrific development.

There's only so long you can blame individual players or even the scouting if nearly every player is failing to meet draft expectations,. That's a symbol of organisational failure.

Closed Thread