HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marc Bergevin - Le Chateau Purple Pants Edition (Mod warning post #514)

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2017, 03:21 AM
Deluded Puck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post
I can't take you seriously when you say stuff like Chucky should be our #1 center and Pacioretty shouldn't be a 1 LW!

Chucky is your complete opposite of what you're talking about in the next paragraph! You want a team tough to play against and you put Chucky as your #1 center.

He is the softest freaking player on this team! Byron at his 5 feet is tougher to play against than him.

Pacioretty would be a first line winger on at least 25 teams in the league!
Chucky was bad this playoffs and yet he's done more overall than Pacioretty, already has a couple of OT winners to his name.

Old
05-12-2017, 03:41 AM
Belial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluded Puck View Post
Chucky was bad this playoffs and yet he's done more overall than Pacioretty, already has a couple of OT winners to his name.
I don't care how many points he has, he didn't get those points playing as a #1 C.

We were talking about toughness and hard to play against.

Did you watch what Kesler did to McDavid? Completely took him out of the equation and that's McDavid!

All this Pacioretty bashing is getting old... Yes, he didn't have a great series but he's literally the only dangerous guy we have on this team! He gets targeted and he receives special attention from the opposition. Having Danault as your center not helping...

Last 2 PO he had 11P in 17 GP and 7P in 11GP.

It's not like he disappears all the time the PO start.

Old
05-12-2017, 04:19 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Dude, it's hockey! It's a game played on the ice.

Us getting bounced by the Rangers in 6 games doesn't mean we have to tear the team apart and start a rebuild!

We play that series one more time and one of Weber's posts go in and we beat them in 5!

Rangers are not this amazing hockey team that steamrolled the putrid Habs.

Hawks got bounced in the first round now twice in the last two years, should they get rid of everybody?

Sharks missed the PO in 14/15, made the cup final in 15/16 and got eliminated in the first round this year.
No, dude, this isn't just hockey. This is the NHL. This isn't Timmy and Tommy going outside to play hockey. Maybe you should start wrapping your head around the fact that being good isn't going to work and the objective is to win a cup.
Once you start doing that, you will start be a lot more constructive and critical in your thinking, instead of a more fanatical approach.
Jesus Christ dude, we finished the year with a 3rd center on the 1st line, deadwood on the 2nd, we are set to lose our most skilled forward, we have nobody from minors who you can argue will step into a top 6 spot and you're trying to say this team is just A-okay.
Actually, you're doing even more, you're trying to ridicule and spin posts that are alluding to the massive obvious holes.

If this was the roster of the Leafs you would be laughing at it and discussing how they're on their way down. There is no way in help you'd be saying they just need this one add.

If you think people are arguing to rebuild because we just lost to Rangers then you either haven't read carefully or you don't understand a thing. People weren't calling for a rebuild 2 years ago after being swept. They weren't even calling for one last year after a collapse. So ya, maybe take a step back and realizing you haven't really followed the discussion as you're too busy making excuses.

Old
05-12-2017, 04:44 AM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
No, dude, this isn't just hockey. This is the NHL. This isn't Timmy and Tommy going outside to play hockey. Maybe you should start wrapping your head around the fact that being good isn't going to work and the objective is to win a cup.
Once you start doing that, you will start be a lot more constructive and critical in your thinking, instead of a more fanatical approach.
Jesus Christ dude, we finished the year with a 3rd center on the 1st line, deadwood on the 2nd, we are set to lose our most skilled forward, we have nobody from minors who you can argue will step into a top 6 spot and you're trying to say this team is just A-okay.
Actually, you're doing even more, you're trying to ridicule and spin posts that are alluding to the massive obvious holes.

If this was the roster of the Leafs you would be laughing at it and discussing how they're on their way down. There is no way in help you'd be saying they just need this one add.

If you think people are arguing to rebuild because we just lost to Rangers then you either haven't read carefully or you don't understand a thing. People weren't calling for a rebuild 2 years ago after being swept. They weren't even calling for one last year after a collapse. So ya, maybe take a step back and realizing you haven't really followed the discussion as you're too busy making excuses.
Exactly! We finished with 100+ points while having a 3rd line center on our top line and deadwood on the second and you're trying to convince me this team sucks and we should blow it up? Maybe, in reality, this team isn't as bad as you think?

How many teams in this league would get 100+ points with Danault and a 28 points center as their 1-2 centers?

Old
05-12-2017, 04:51 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Exactly! We finished with 100+ points while having a 3rd line center on our top line and deadwood on the second and you're trying to convince me this team sucks and we should blow it up? Maybe, in reality, this team isn't as bad as you think?

How many teams in this league would get 100+ points with Danault and a 28 points center as their 1-2 centers?
looks like the only thing you care about is regular season.

Old
05-12-2017, 05:13 AM
hvac412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
We deserve better. Nuff said.
How about Molson interviews and hires Robinson for president of hockey operations bargain bin seriously needs some kind of a leash.

Old
05-12-2017, 05:38 AM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvac412 View Post
How about Molson interviews and hires Robinson for president of hockey operations bargain bin seriously needs some kind of a leash.
As long as people understand the damage has been done.
Last year was the time to clean house and insert some accountability into the heirarchy.
It should have been done by the end of January.
Boucher in Therrien out and new set of eyes to assess the REAL situation in the room and on the ice.
I was pleading for this solution as were WTK and some others. We knew we couldn't leave the power of transaction in Bergevin's hands as a decision maker and Therrien as an influencer. They were too far up each other's ***** by then with no true sense of value.

Old
05-12-2017, 05:52 AM
Kriss E

Quote:

Dude, what is this massive obsession you have with the regular season?
Don't you understand that your record can be vastly influenced by who you face, timing and injuries?

Blindly looking at the record is the perfect way to draw a poor conclusion. If you didn't know what the roster looked like then I could see why you would believe the things you do. But you know out roster, you know the huge holes. So you should conclude that the regular season record isn't much of an indication of whether your team is good enough or not.

Stop being such a blind fan.

Old
05-12-2017, 06:04 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
I can't take you seriously when you say stuff like Chucky should be our #1 center and Pacioretty shouldn't be a 1 LW!

Chucky is your complete opposite of what you're talking about in the next paragraph! You want a team tough to play against and you put Chucky as your #1 center.

He is the softest freaking player on this team! Byron at his 5 feet is tougher to play against than him.

Pacioretty would be a first line winger on at least 25 teams in the league!
My bad, I meant AG shouldnt be or 1st C.

And again.. STOP CARING ABOUT REGULAR SEASON STATS. It's your excuse for everything.

And funny how you only replying about Galchenyuk but have no mention on how bad this team is built for the playoffs. Keep putting your head in the sand and think we are a good playoffs team.at this points it's not optimism but more denial. You should change you name for Denial.

Last edited by Rosso Scuderia: 05-12-2017 at 06:12 AM.
Old
05-12-2017, 06:12 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged member

vCash: 300
Lefebvre getting an extension or a promotion. Niiiiiice.

Old
05-12-2017, 06:24 AM
Deluded Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
it's all good. It's who you're buddies with, not your actual performance that matters.

Old
05-12-2017, 06:32 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
I hope you're wrong.

Old
05-12-2017, 06:43 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged member

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I hope you're wrong.
When have I ever been wrong?

Old
05-12-2017, 06:52 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
This team will never win a cup until we manage to improve the offense.
It's so freaking obvious... We need a couple of skill players added, besides Radulov. More offense doesn't mean you run and gun, you still play good D first and foremost, but you have to have skill guys in the lineup who can score, when you need a goal!!

Old
05-12-2017, 06:56 AM
BLONG7

Quote:

remember MB saying there are players that get you TO the playoffs, and players who get your THROUGH the playoffs....................

We need a couple of more players whoget you THROUGH the playoffs....regular season stats are almost meaningless, almost. We need more skill in the lineup than his vaunted character at times...........it's to find the blend of character, and skill. MB has not found this formula yet, but CJ will hopefully have a better influence on him than the clown coach did...

Old
05-12-2017, 07:05 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:

All we've heard from this GM is how hard it is to get a 1st line center. Now you suddenly expect him to go out and find two top line centers?

If/when he does that... then we can talk about us contending for something. But based on the forwards as is... you can forget it.

05-12-2017, 07:06 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
All we've heard from this GM is how hard it is to get a 1st line center. Now you suddenly expect him to go out and find two top line centers?

If/when he does that... then we can talk about us contending for something. But based on the forwards as is... you can forget it.
Now the team also needs a first pairing puck moving dman.

Old
05-12-2017, 07:11 AM
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
looks like the only thing you care about is regular season.
The insanity that goes on in the GDT's is proof that people care about the regular season....let's not kid ourselves here.

Old
05-12-2017, 07:17 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffy27 View Post
The insanity that goes on in the GDT's is proof that people care about the regular season....let's not kid ourselves here.
Only as an indicator of off-season prepardness.

Smart fans don't care about finishing 1st or 3rd in the standings, what matters is having a good playoff team.

Old
05-12-2017, 07:18 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.
People care about every game, not a single fan or player goes into a game saying okay let's lose tonight (unless tanking or hoping for set ups for POs).
It doesn't make the regular season the critical point of analysis or the forefront of team representation.

This comment really just shows you want to argue for the sake of it.

Old
05-12-2017, 07:19 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
did I say otherwise ?

nope...

Old
05-12-2017, 07:29 AM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Dude, what is this massive obsession you have with the regular season?
Don't you understand that your record can be vastly influenced by who you face, timing and injuries?

Blindly looking at the record is the perfect way to draw a poor conclusion. If you didn't know what the roster looked like then I could see why you would believe the things you do. But you know out roster, you know the huge holes. So you should conclude that the regular season record isn't much of an indication of whether your team is good enough or not.

Stop being such a blind fan.
How exactly do you evaluate a team if the regular season means nothing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
My bad, I meant AG shouldnt be or 1st C.

And again.. STOP CARING ABOUT REGULAR SEASON STATS. It's your excuse for everything.

And funny how you only replying about Galchenyuk but have no mention on how bad this team is built for the playoffs. Keep putting your head in the sand and think we are a good playoffs team.at this points it's not optimism but more denial. You should change you name for Denial.
Why should I stop caring about the regular season?

It's an 82 game sample! You don't get 100+ points if you're a terrible team.

Because I don't think this team is built badly for the PO.

This team needs help to score goals but the overall build is fine IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
remember MB saying there are players that get you TO the playoffs, and players who get your THROUGH the playoffs....................

We need a couple of more players whoget you THROUGH the playoffs....regular season stats are almost meaningless, almost. We need more skill in the lineup than his vaunted character at times...........it's to find the blend of character, and skill. MB has not found this formula yet, but CJ will hopefully have a better influence on him than the clown coach did...
Of course we do, this is not what I'm arguing here. Our center depth is atrocious!

At least one center should be brought in if not two...

Old
05-12-2017, 07:37 AM
JLP
Refugee

Quote:
Keeping Lefebvre will extend Bergevin's window to totally ruin the team. I think he needs about one more year to finish the job he and Michel started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
We deserve better. Nuff said.
I used to think this way. But now I ask why? EchoChambre/RDS/JdM and their millions of minions worship MB, even supported MT's idiocy, trading Subban and now want to see Galchelyuk gone. In this light, all's good. Danault fills DD's ethnic role and they can always blame Price. Just wait till October when the Habs will shine

Fans have the team they deserve.

Old
05-12-2017, 07:48 AM
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
did I say otherwise ?

nope...
You don't say much, it's always left for interpretation.

Old
05-12-2017, 07:52 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
You don't say much, it's always left for interpretation.
the post was clear enough for everyone to understand. you did not. your problem.

Closed Thread