HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Marc Bergevin - Le Chateau Purple Pants Edition (Mod warning post #514)

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2017, 05:03 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I'm 100% in agreement with confidence issues and maybe even picking up bad habits.

I really don't think if Leblanc had true NHL potential he'd go from NHL player to retired in such a short time though. I think it's way too big of a jump to blame a guy like SL alone.

It happens. SL didn't help most likely, neither did Leblanc's injury.
I never said it was him alone.

But if the guy comes in, already has some bad habits, already isn't sure of himself, already lacks motivation (which is almost always a result of low confidence)... It becomes really easy to quit after you fail, especially if you don't have the right leadership helping you overcome it.

And I'm sorry, but bullying is NEVER the right approach, it doesn't work except in the heads of idiot meatheads who still think the 60's era of management styles actually works.

I have seen dozens of employees quit their jobs after failing in new positions. It happens all the time.

Old
05-16-2017, 05:04 PM
OnTheRun
Unsung Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
There's no hyperbole there at all...you just called me bitter for thinking it's not a prospects place to determine the credibility of a head coach

So if you think that example is ridiculous, you're actually holding that opinion of your own argument.
I said you come across as bitter for holding a ridiculously rigid line of thinking.

It's a bit different than "you're just bitter bro, lol!"

And there's a massive hyperbole and no I'm not holding that opinion and I explain clearly why in the rest of the post you carefully dodged.

Old
05-16-2017, 05:04 PM
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheRun View Post
Then you must be familiar with the concept of being unfit to lead.
If subordinates don't believe in the capacity of their leaders, the whole chain of command goes down the drain.

Role or not, their are going to weight if the individual in front of them is credible or not. Like any other human being.

If they believe the guy is not credible, they're going to tune him out.

Ridiculous hyperbole won't help here. (Not only it has nothing to do with what I said. But the exemple is terrible because Julien is not a nobody like Sylvain Lezero.)
Sometimes the subordinates have a hard head and are hot shots and think they know everything. Ran into a few of those in my lifetime.....

My dad always told me and I stand by this, you can't help someone that doesn't want to help themselves. Until that person is committed to the cause, its waiting time.

Old
05-16-2017, 05:06 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffy27 View Post
Maturity.

It's like at my job, some people get it, and some don't. Some people have the will power and commitment to better themselves, some people are just happy getting by.

It's the way the world works.
Maturity isn't something you either have or don't have. It's something that's developed and that you learn from role models.

The mindset of "you either have it or you don't" hasn't been accepted for maybe 40 years now.

Old
05-16-2017, 05:06 PM
7 day theory

Quote:
I said you come across as bitter for holding a ridiculously rigid line of thinking.

It's a bit different than "you're just bitter bro, lol!"

And there's a massive hyperbole and no I'm not holding that opinion and I explain clearly why in the rest of the post you carefully dodged.
I'm not dodging anything and anyone who knows me here knows I don't dodge a good debate...you just haven't provided anything of substance for me to reply too.

Hell...whats next? you going to tell me the Habs should consult Mikhail Sergachev for the next head coach of the Rocket?

Old
05-16-2017, 05:09 PM
OnTheRun
Unsung Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffy27 View Post
Sometimes the subordinates have a hard head and are hot shots and think they know everything. Ran into a few of those in my lifetime.....

My dad always told me and I stand by this, you can't help someone that doesn't want to help themselves. Until that person is committed to the cause, its waiting time.
Of course peoples like that exist, I don't think anyone challenged that notion.

Now, we're not going to assume that every single prospect we had fall under that category are we?

Old
05-16-2017, 05:10 PM
OnTheRun
Unsung Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I'm not dodging anything and anyone who knows me here knows I don't dodge a good debate...you just haven't provided anything of substance for me to reply too.

Hell...whats next? you going to tell me the Habs should consult Mikhail Sergachev for the next head coach of the Rocket?
You're just running away now.

Old
05-16-2017, 05:12 PM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
He directly hurts the organization that drafted him if this happens.
Of course he does but at the end of the day, the organization will still be there trying to develop other players. He will only screw his career.

Old
05-16-2017, 05:13 PM
7 day theory

Quote:
You're just running away now.
Running away from what?

You called me irrational because I don't think it's a prospects job to determine the credibility of the head coach

Why would I run away from such a ludicrous statement?

Closed Thread