HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WIN!!! - WCF - Game 1 - Nashville 3 at Anaheim 2 (OT) - NSH Leads 1-0

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2017, 10:46 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
You thought those were stress free games?? Man, not me. At no point did we ever have a 3 goal lead in any game, and for about 90% of the time the games were tied or one goal games.
I said relatively haha. While I won't deny that we caught some breaks I never felt like there was one game we couldn't win, outside of maybe game 5. Maybe I should've said we weren't outmatched for any of the games except maybe one.

Old
05-12-2017, 10:52 AM
dubgeek

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
I'm happy that the start times are really good for this series. I can't wait to get it started, it's going to be a ton of fun!
Tonight's start time could actually be an advantage for the Preds. Ducks home games typically start at 7:00 or 7:30 local time and the arena is usually still filling up through much of the first period on account of SoCal's traffic.

A 6:00 PM local time start really puts the pressure on ANA fans to get there in time for puck drop. The Preds might have an opportunity to jump on the Ducks with some energy and physical play before the fans are there to give them much of a boost.

Old
05-12-2017, 10:56 AM
Preds33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
I'm happy that the start times are really good for this series. I can't wait to get it started, it's going to be a ton of fun!
That's the reward to making the conference finals. We are the only game each night we play, thus we don't have to wait on the Eastern games.

Old
05-12-2017, 10:59 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubgeek View Post
Tonight's start time could actually be an advantage for the Preds. Ducks home games typically start at 7:00 or 7:30 local time and the arena is usually still filling up through much of the first period on account of SoCal's traffic.

A 6:00 PM local time start really puts the pressure on ANA fans to get there in time for puck drop. The Preds might have an opportunity to jump on the Ducks with some energy and physical play before the fans are there to give them much of a boost.
As much as we in the Central time zone complain about the late starts earlier in the playoffs, the later on it goes, the Pacific time zone really starts getting screwed. They play earlier than normal games on weeknights and the traffic there can really hurt the atmospheres and leave the home team at a disadvantage at the start.

I always say this but I remember when the Kings won the Cup in 2012, their clinching game was in LA, on a MONDAY, with a 5:00 local start time. I mean, people were packed in because the Cup was on the line but geez, that's brutal.

Old
05-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
As much as we in the Central time zone complain about the late starts earlier in the playoffs, the later on it goes, the Pacific time zone really starts getting screwed. They play earlier than normal games on weeknights and the traffic there can really hurt the atmospheres and leave the home team at a disadvantage at the start.

I always say this but I remember when the Kings won the Cup in 2012, their clinching game was in LA, on a MONDAY, with a 5:00 local start time. I mean, people were packed in because the Cup was on the line but geez, that's brutal.
How's that any different than Baseball starting playoff games at like 1 or 2PM local time? A 5PM start means (providing employers are ok with it) the employee can work most of the day and leave an hour or two early.

The Central gets screwed in Rounds 1 and 2, the Pacific gets screwed in Rounds 3 and 4. It all washes out.

Old
05-12-2017, 11:29 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
How's that any different than Baseball starting playoff games at like 1 or 2PM local time? A 5PM start means (providing employers are ok with it) the employee can work most of the day and leave an hour or two early.

The Central gets screwed in Rounds 1 and 2, the Pacific gets screwed in Rounds 3 and 4. It all washes out.
I mean baseball at least has kind of a tradition of afternoon games both regular season and playoffs so it's not a foreign concept. The NHL has no such history and games during the season on weeknights don't start before 7:00 local time. As someone who used to commute in Los Angeles you'd have to leave way more than one or two hours early to get to a 5:00 puck drop unless you go into/leave work really early anyway, much less be there for all the pregame festivities that come with a potential Cup clinching game. Might as well just take the day off or a half day at the very least, in addition to the employer being okay with it like you said. Maybe I'm just thrown off by it, but at the end of the day everything is about TV and revenue so they'll do what they have to do.

But yes you're right, it all evens out in the end.

Old
05-12-2017, 12:11 PM
Soundgarden

Round 3, let's go preds. Are we still doing the gnome?

Old
05-12-2017, 12:18 PM
bdub24
Formerly Section 212

vCash: 50
I dunno what to do. I dunno what to say. I dunno what to think. I dunno how to act. Never done this before. Hyperventilating a little. Usually taking a break from the boards this time of year. What's happening right now! Like right this ****ing minute! What are the guys doing to get ready? Are the guys sleeping? Are the playing hackey sack? What the **** is going on! I can't stand this! Let's ****ing gooooo! Let's knock the ducks bill to the back of their ****ing heads! Let's play them the sternum and then bag skate their ***** for 55 minutes! Let's ****ing gooooooo!

Old
05-12-2017, 12:20 PM
bdub24
Formerly Section 212

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub24 View Post
I dunno what to do. I dunno what to say. I dunno what to think. I dunno how to act. Never done this before. Hyperventilating a little. Usually taking a break from the boards this time of year. What's happening right now! Like right this ****ing minute! What are the guys doing to get ready? Are the guys sleeping? Are they playing hackey sack? What the **** is going on! I can't stand this! Let's ****ing gooooo! Let's knock the ducks bill to the back of their ****ing heads! Let's punch them in the sternum and then bag skate their ***** for 55 minutes! Let's ****ing gooooooo!
Corrected due to over excitement

Old
05-12-2017, 12:24 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

We are going to get our butts kicked.

Facebook - @jwhouk
Where I'd really rather be right now

Old
05-12-2017, 12:36 PM
Armourboy

Keep in mind as much as we like to say " teams are here for a reason " in Anaheim's case it's that Edmonton blew it as much as Anaheim won it. That's not to say they aren't good, but they came through a Calgary team that didn't play that we'll and a fairly inexperienced Edmonton team. It's the reason I feel pretty decent about the series

Old
05-12-2017, 12:48 PM
Filip Forceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Round 3, let's go preds. Are we still doing the gnome?

Old
05-12-2017, 12:50 PM
NightowlPred
Rookie User

Starting times are getting really weird to the point that I don't know wether I should go to sleep now and set the alarm clock for game time or if I should simply drink a lot of coffee and hang in there. Yeah Central European time...
Really anxious about the series mainly because I hate the Ducks so much. Since I am not from the Nashville Area I don't have a particular dislike for other "local" teams and their fans but my level of despise is more directed to individual players *cough*Getzlafkesslerperryusuck*cough* and the teams they are on, than with specific franchises.

Old
05-12-2017, 12:50 PM
Jonesey
Dept. of Defense

There may be a moderator in this picture..

Old
05-12-2017, 01:02 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post

There may be a moderator in this picture..
Far left in the headband?

Old
05-12-2017, 01:05 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Vamos los Perds! Great feeling to finally be here.

Old
05-12-2017, 01:08 PM
Jonesey
Dept. of Defense

Quote:
Far left in the headband?
Damn, you got me!

Now where's my juice box?

Old
05-12-2017, 01:17 PM
PJackb

What's the story on the gnomes?

Old
05-12-2017, 01:19 PM

We got this!

Old
05-12-2017, 01:35 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJackb View Post
What's the story on the gnomes?
Corey Perry apparently has a fear of gnomes. I'm pretty sure he's shot pucks at our glass in warmups to try and knock one off the rails.

Old
05-12-2017, 01:40 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Corey Perry apparently has a fear of gnomes. I'm pretty sure he's shot pucks at our glass in warmups to try and knock one off the rails.
So put a gnome hat on Arvidsson and Ellis instead of a helmet and Perry will run to the locker room?

Old
05-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:
So put a gnome hat on Arvidsson and Ellis instead of a helmet and Perry will run to the locker room?
It's worth a try.

This is from an old On The Forecheck article:

On opening night I was blessed with the opportunity to have the bench seats. During this time, we had purchased a Predators garden gnome and set it facing the Anaheim bench. Now, as you can imagine it certainly got looks. Corry Perry in particular couldn't take his eyes off the garden gnome. Might I suggest we invest in a garden gnome or two and set them up in the bench seats so that the gnome can continue to haunt Mr. Corry "cheapshot" Perry?

This is the what transpired in the box...

Perry got so creeped out that when he got back to the bench, he took one look at the gnome and he slammed the door as hard as he could to try to knock the gnome off and then when that didn't work, he refused to sit there again for the entire game. He literally motioned for someone else on his line to sit there instead of him.

Old
05-12-2017, 01:47 PM
bdub24
Formerly Section 212

Game ops! Dig up all the Travelocity and Leprechaun clips you can find please!

Old
05-12-2017, 02:30 PM
FossilFndr

Quote:
That would be hilarious in warm-ups

Old
05-12-2017, 02:53 PM
BonMorrison
Your resident SJW

Any news on the lines tn?

Closed Thread