HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your (Projected) '17-'18 Lineup

Old
05-13-2017, 10:18 PM
Porkleaker

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujju2 View Post
Wait... Ovechkin might be available? No, that's just pure fantasy. Although Ovi happens to be my favourite non-McDavid player, so that would be a dream come true. But lets just all admit that it's not happening. And definitely not for Nuge+Ebs. Sad, but it's just as true as it's ever been.
I could see him potentially wanting to play here, but yeah, I really don't see it happening either. Too much of a big ticket guy that comes with a horrible playoff curse.

Porkleaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2017, 10:29 PM
LMFAO

vCash: 500
Maroon - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Lucic - Draisailt - Williams
Caggiula - Couturier - Kassian
Slepyshev - Letestu - Pitlick

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Green
Nurse - Benning

Sign UFA Justin Williams
Trade RNH for Sean Couturier
Trade Eberle for Mike Green

LMFAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2017, 12:09 AM
bobbythebrain

Maroon-McD-Drai
Looch-RNH-Williams
JP-Cags-Sleppy
Kass-Letestu-Pitlick
Benson

Klef-Larsson
Sekera-Benning
Nurse-Petrovic

Talbot
Niemi

Ebs for Petrovic/+
Sign Williams for 4mil x 3
3rd for Niemi/2nd

bobbythebrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2017, 01:56 AM
Pondcake
Esquire

vCash: 132
I'll pretend Eberle + for Hamonic and sign a bunch of cheap depth.

Caggiula-McDavid-Slepyshev
Lucic-Draisaitl-Pitlick/Puljujarvi
Maroon-Nugent Hopkins-FOO
KING-Letestu-Kassian
Pakarinen, DESJARDINS

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-HAMONIC
Sekera-Benning/Reinhart
HOLZER

Talbot
Broissoit

Pondcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2017, 03:05 PM
joeyboy15

Holy crap the delusion in this post is through the roof. This isn't NHL 17 people. When is the last time any of you saw a total revamped roster in one summer? Might see one major and one minor trade if we're lucky.

joeyboy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2017, 03:08 PM
ujju2

vCash: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkleaker View Post
I could see him potentially wanting to play here, but yeah, I really don't see it happening either. Too much of a big ticket guy that comes with a horrible playoff curse.
I would love him here. I was more suggesting that the Caps wouldn't trade him.

ujju2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2017, 03:22 PM
ujju2

My new lineup, no Puljujarvi this time (I think he'll start in the AHL):

Kovalchuk-McDavid-Maroon
Lucic-RNH-Draisaitl
Caggiula-TRADE-Slepyshev
Pitlick-Letestu-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Benning
Nurse-Russell

Talbot
Brossoit

Trades:
Eberle+Reinhart for Kovalchuk (something along those lines)
Pouliot+1st round pick for a cost-controlled, shutdown 3C

Old
05-15-2017, 08:41 AM
DerpMorg
10 Year Tire Fire

vCash: 495
How the **** do you people keep thinking that Kovy would fit under the cap without ****ing over the rest of the team?

DerpMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2017, 09:43 AM
LTIR

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpMorg View Post
How the **** do you people keep thinking that Kovy would fit under the cap without ****ing over the rest of the team?
Because most have Eberle going the other way.

LTIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2017, 09:46 AM
LTIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondcake View Post
I'll pretend Eberle + for Hamonic and sign a bunch of cheap depth.

Caggiula-McDavid-Slepyshev
Lucic-Draisaitl-Pitlick/Puljujarvi
Maroon-Nugent Hopkins-FOO
KING-Letestu-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-HAMONIC
Sekera-Benning/Reinhart

Talbot
Broissoit
That Foo King addition would be awesome. I would play em on the same line though.

Old
05-15-2017, 10:01 AM
Zaddy Zads

Pouliot to LV
Move Eberle for picks & a prospect
Move a pick to acquire RFA rights to Dmitri Orlov
Sign Justin Williams

Maroon-McDavid-Kassian
Lucic-Draisaitl-Williams
Caggiula-RNH-Puljujärvi
Slepyshev-Letestu-Pitlick

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Benning
Nurse-Orlov

Talbot
Brossoit

Tried to keep it realistic. Maybe too realistic as I feel like this team is possibly slightly worse than last years team. Ideally you get a legit #3C and play Draisaitl with McDavid, but I think that's going to be hard. Defense is about the same as last season but the 2nd pairing and 3rd pairing should be relatively equal in minutes, with the 3rd pairing getting an offensive zone push. This will make Klef-Lars the de facto top-pairing, which is a role I think they're ready for now. With Orlov we have good puck-moving D on every pairing, which should help a lot. Benning hopefully takes another step forward and I think long-term he should fit just fine with Sekera.

Zaddy Zads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2017, 10:29 AM
LTIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaddy Zads View Post
Pouliot to LV
Move Eberle for picks & a prospect
Move a pick to acquire RFA rights to Dmitri Orlov
Sign Justin Williams

Tried to keep it realistic. Maybe too realistic as I feel like this team is possibly slightly worse than last years team. Ideally you get a legit #3C and play Draisaitl with McDavid, but I think that's going to be hard. Defense is about the same as last season but the 2nd pairing and 3rd pairing should be relatively equal in minutes, with the 3rd pairing getting an offensive zone push. This will make Klef-Lars the de facto top-pairing, which is a role I think they're ready for now. With Orlov we have good puck-moving D on every pairing, which should help a lot. Benning hopefully takes another step forward and I think long-term he should fit just fine with Sekera.
So why is LV picking up Pouliot again? The guy will be 31 before the next season starts, coming off a 14pt season, 0pts in 13 playoffs games and makes a lot of money for the next few yrs.

Eberle for picks + prospect: Name me one team other than LV that can take on Eberle's contract and can give picks\prospects back. Realistically we should be expecting someone like Clowe/Kovalchuk, Lehtonen or Bjugstad coming our way if shipping Ebs out.

Orlov - top 3 Dman for the best team in the league. He will cost more than picks and he would not be #6 in Edmonton. Pretty sure he is a LD as well.

Old
05-15-2017, 11:26 AM
FlameChampion

vCash: 587
Kovalchuk - McDavid - Cagguila
Lucic - Draitsaitl - Slepshev
Maroon - RNH - Kassian
Khaira - Letestu - Pitlick/Pak

(Think they will sign a 3C to move Drai and RNH around if they want)

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Russell
Nurse - Benning
Reinhart

Notes:
Pouillot + Pick to LV. Might not happen. I dont think LV will have very many good forwards. Pou is a decent forward. Fact that he only has 2 years left shouldnt be too crippling. I just dont think Oilers have much to choose from so LV may just take the free pick and eat the contract to get to the cap floor.

Eberle for Kovalchuk - makes sense to both teams I think. I think Eberle will be tough to trade, I dont think he has a ton of value. Its essentially a free asset for NJ and will keep Hall happy and provide a boost to their offense. I think Eberle will be more effective in the east. Few NJ posters said Shero was looking to make his team harder to compete for the upcoming year, so Eberle might not be a fit.

Think good chance Russell will resign. I think for the Oilers they know Russell works on the team and may go with it. I think filling the 4RD is tough without overpaying. Maybe Chia can find a diamond in the rough to fill the 4 RD. I could also see Russell overpricing himself out. Think theres a good chance he lands back in Calgary with Engelland and Wideman coming off the books.

Think theres a good chance the Oilers also sign a veteran RW and another C. Think they will go for cheaper deals. Could see someone like Derek Ryan being signed.

Fayne will be bought out (or may bury out depending on cap)

JP will go to the AHL

Chance Foo will compete for a spot too when we sign him.

FlameChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2017, 11:36 AM
Jet Walters

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTIR View Post
That Foo King addition would be awesome. I would play em on the same line though.
Foo King Maroon

Jet Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2017, 11:49 AM
Soundwave

Maroon McDavid Puljujarvi
Lucic Draisaitl Caggiula
Pouliot Duchene Strome
Slepyshev Letestu Kassian
Pitlick

Klefbom Larsson
Sekera Green
Nurse Russell
Benning

Cam Talbot
Chad Johnson

Out: Jordan Eberle for Ryan Strome + pick
Ryan Nugent Hopkins + Griffin Reinhart for Matt Duchene + prospect
EDM 1st 2018 + Mark Fayne (@1 mill retained) for Mike Green

Sign Kris Russell 3 mill x 2 years
Chad Johnson 1.6 mill x 1 year

Last edited by Soundwave: 05-15-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2017, 11:54 AM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerSuperstar17 View Post
What would your ideal team be for next season based on realistic targets?

Line 1: Maroon - McDavid - Kovalchuk

Line 2: Lucic - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi

Line 3: RNH - Bonino - Kassian

Line 4: Khaira - Letestu - Slepyshev

D1: Klefbom - Larsson

D2: Sekera - Hamonic

D3: Nurse - Benning

G1: Talbot

G2: Brossoit

Extra's: Cagguila, Pitlick, 7th D (Gryba, Franson, or similar)

A lot of you might be wondering why we would go for Bonino. It's so we have stability at C. Shift Nuge over to LW. He can fill in on C for injuries, when someone gets kicked out of the faceoff circle, etc. Kovy is that sniper for the PP and Connors wing. Hamonic provides that right shot for the 2nd pair and Reggie finally has that D partner that makes him even more effective.
I think it will be more or less the same team. I think they either re-sign Russell or add a similar caliber defenseman through free agency or trade. 3C that is better than Desharnais, unless they decide to sign Desharnais to a really cheap contract and then look for upgrade at the deadline.
Letestu likely gone to LV. Pouliot bought out or demoted to the minors. Gryba not re-signed, Reinhart and Puljujaarvi make the team. These are my expectations.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2017, 12:27 PM
McOylerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Walters View Post
Foo King Maroon

Foo King Eberle... it rolls off the tongue... lol!

McOylerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2017, 01:06 PM
Zaddy Zads

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTIR View Post
So why is LV picking up Pouliot again? The guy will be 31 before the next season starts, coming off a 14pt season, 0pts in 13 playoffs games and makes a lot of money for the next few yrs.
As I mentioned in another thread: you can package him with a 3rd/4th round pick to Vegas. They get a free asset out of it, we get cap space. It's not like they'd be passing up on an amazing player if they don't take Pouliot. All they have available is Reinhart, Khaira and Brossoit. If I'm Vegas I rather take Pouliot and a pick, than any of those guys. He's only signed for two more years anyway and could bounce back next year, or not, it doesn't really matter.

Quote:
Eberle for picks + prospect: Name me one team other than LV that can take on Eberle's contract and can give picks\prospects back. Realistically we should be expecting someone like Clowe/Kovalchuk, Lehtonen or Bjugstad coming our way if shipping Ebs out.
Carolina. They have tons of picks and want to get better now. They also have horrendous RW depth and plenty of cap space.

Quote:
Orlov - top 3 Dman for the best team in the league. He will cost more than picks and he would not be #6 in Edmonton. Pretty sure he is a LD as well.
He is not a top3 d-man. He's a #4/5 guy. Don't think he'll cost a lot as he is unsigned and will probably want a decent payday and to me it doesn't really make sense for Washington to sign him so they'll likely look to deal him. Maybe it will cost more than a pick, but I really don't think he'll be that expensive to acquire given his status and not being a proven top4 d-man. Yes, he is left-handed but he has played the right side a lot and is comfortable there. He's probably better offensively when he plays the right side actually. And no, I wasn't planning for him to be #6D in Edmonton. I was looking to create two balanced bottom-four pairings on our D with Sekera-Benning and Nurse-Orlov being fairly equal. Basically it would be Sekera #3, Orlov #4/5, Benning #4/5, Nurse #6.

Zaddy Zads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2017, 12:25 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Walters View Post
Pacioretty McDavid Simmonds (12)
Lucic Drai Gallager (17)
Caggiula Sobotka Kassian (6.5)
Khaira Letestu Slepyshev (4)

Klefbom Larsson (8)
Sekera Green (12
Emelin Benning (5)

Talbot
Brossoit (5.5)

Trades-

Puljujarvi for Simmonds
RNH, Eberle, Nurse for Pacioretty, Gallager, Emelin, 1st
Maroon for Sobotka
MTL 1st, Fayne, Lagesson/Niemalienen for Green

Vegas takes Pouliot

70M cap hit without extra roster players. 12M coming off the books in Emelin, Green, and Letestu for 2018. We'd really need to win a cup in the next two years to justify those moves. Flame away haters but I'd go all in.

So....basically, just gut the team.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2017, 12:27 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceboogie View Post
Also watch for 1 of bear or Jones or even Mantha to challenge for a spot.

Remember how much of a long shot Benning was
Benning also had 4 years of college and is 22 years old. Bear and Jones are both 19, and fresh out of the Dub. Not a good comparison.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2017, 02:04 PM
GMofOilers

Chia pretty much confrimed today that he wants to let this team evolve one more season.

I dont think we will see big changes at all this summer. Think about it, it makes sense. This group loves to play for each other, as proven this year. Miight see a couple small moves, but I think we will roughly see the same team as last year.

People dont want to hear that but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. Can always add at the deadline next year.

GMofOilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2017, 02:20 PM
TheRebuild
Bold as Boognish

I decided to make my lineup with current players I'm certain aren't going anywhere.

Eberle - Eberle - Eberle
Eberle - Eberle - Eberle
Eberle - Eberle - Eberle

Eberle - Eberle
Eberle - Eberle
Eberle - Eberle

Eberle

TheRebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2017, 03:03 PM
ujju2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMofOilers View Post
Chia pretty much confrimed today that he wants to let this team evolve one more season.

I dont think we will see big changes at all this summer. Think about it, it makes sense. This group loves to play for each other, as proven this year. Miight see a couple small moves, but I think we will roughly see the same team as last year.

People dont want to hear that but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. Can always add at the deadline next year.
Yup. And I think it's a good idea. If we have cap issues, deal with them next year, as Ebs will only have 1 year on his contract, and if he plays well, he'll be easy to trade. Makes sense to me. Pouliot will be gone. Fayne and Ference too.

Old
05-16-2017, 03:35 PM
ManofSteel55

Line 1: Maroon - McDavid - RNH

Line 2: Lucic - Draisaitl - J. Williams

Line 3: Caggiula - Bjugstad - Foo

Line 4: Slepyshev - Letestu - Kassian

D1: Klefbom - Larsson

D2: Nurse - Russell

D3: Petrovic - Benning

G1: Talbot

G2: Brossoit

Trades - Eberle+ for Bjugstad and Petrovic

Key FA signings - J. Williams, S. Foo

IR to start season - Sekera

Notables in minors to start season, possible mid season call ups- Pulujarvi, Benson

Lost in expansion draft - Reinhart

I'd like to see something more done with the blueline, but I don't think its out there unless we go after Mike Green, and I don't know if that is in the cards if we don't get any cap space for Eberle.

Last edited by ManofSteel55: 05-16-2017 at 03:46 PM.
ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2017, 03:36 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMofOilers View Post

This is all true, but I still think we need to get some help on the right wing, be it with actual RW's, or by playing some C's there.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote