HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Proposal - Central Edition

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2017, 03:29 AM
Belial

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
So let me get this straight. He claims that Shaw would get picked if left unprotected.

And then he devises a fake lineup where Shaw is on the 4th line?
You can quote directly my posts...

Can you imagine my fake lineup has a 35 point winger on the 4th line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
Its all good in Habsland you got that right. 25 years without a Stanley cup and definitely hitting the 30 years mark. Markov as 4 to 5 playoffs games in him at best per year, wow!

Why would Plekanec head to Vegas?

Sergachev isnt replacing Markov, nobody is replacing Markov.

Price will probably want to win a cup , so he wont resign in Montréal.

Pacioretty is probably heading to the States as he cant stand the pressure of playing here.

Man! Things do look brighter than ever in Habsland!!!
Because Vegas is going to pick him.

Yeah, ok, as always, we suck, everybody's going to leave... Sergachev's a bust...

Old
05-13-2017, 09:25 AM
FazChenyuk

Shaw and Beaulieu for Killorn?

Also, getting duchene should be a big priority

Then convert Galchenyuk to wing

Old
05-13-2017, 09:30 AM
Draft

I don't think Killorn would be worth his contract. Unless the winger we're acquiring is elite or there is also an outgoing winger, what's the point? There's a much greater need for Beaulieu than there is for Killorn.

Old
05-13-2017, 09:44 AM
angry pirate

I have no problem with Shaw on the 4th line until it's an impediment on our cap space. Going into next season it's not likely to be a problem and if he's bumped down to our 4th line than it's likely a really good thing because we have some better offensive options ahead of him *when healthy. Shaw can easily play up into the middle six as needed with injuries.

Would people consider:

Pacioretty
Emelin

RNH
Eberle

Beaulieu
2nd

Kovalchuk

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Kovalchuk - RNH - Eberle
Byron - Danault - Gallagher
De Le Rose - Mitchell - Shaw
Hudon - Carr

Markov - Weber
Jerabek - Petry
Sergachev - Benn
Davidson

Old
05-13-2017, 09:46 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
I have no problem with Shaw on the 4th line until it's an impediment on our cap space. Going into next season it's not likely to be a problem and if he's bumped down to our 4th line than it's likely a really good thing because we have some better offensive options ahead of him *when healthy. Shaw can easily play up into the middle six as needed with injuries.

Would people consider:

Pacioretty
Emelin

RNH
Eberle

Beaulieu
2nd

Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk - RNH - Eberle
Hudon - Carr

Markov - Weber
Jerabek - Petry
Sergachev - Benn
Davidson
The last thing we need is Eberle is our lineup.

Old
05-13-2017, 10:06 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
The last thing we need is Eberle is our lineup.
The Habs need scoring and he's been clutch before, I wouldn't put everything on his first ever playoffs. Who cares if he can't play defence? The Habs have more than enough. So long as he isn't expensive to acquire, why not? If Radulov doesn't re-sign, he'll likely be the best winger on the market.

Old
05-13-2017, 10:16 AM
LyricalLyricist
Retired

Are there any good young D who might be available?

Looking at the playoffs many teams have young mobile D, I think we should be going same route as it helps expand the window.

Weber has been in Nashville mentoring young D for ages so this wouldn't be new.

Old
05-13-2017, 10:18 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post
Oh yes, he would get picked. You guys underrate all the players we have, I don't get what's the purpose...

You give me 3 D's and you're talking about goals? Since when are the D's supposed to be goal scorers?

Killorn scored 19 goals this season, this would put him third on this team only behind Max and Byron. You have no clue what you're talking about, honestly.

There are only 39 LWingers in the league that got more than 40 points this season and only 30 that got more than 19 goals. We're dangerously approaching first line territory here my friend!

Tha crap Pacioretty get's around here is unbelievable, the guy is freaking top 5 LW in the whole league.

For the lineup:

I think Radulov will resign.

I would trade Chucky+ for a real center that can pass the puck and play him with Max. I would sign Hanzal and get rid of Plekanec.

Max-?????-Gallagher
Killorn-Hanzal-Radulov
Hudon-Danault-Lehkonen
Byron-Mitchell/BigMac-Shaw

DLR, Martinsen

If Hudon is not good enough switch Lehkonen and bump Shaw to the third line.
Your idea in general is okay but you, my friend, have hitched your wagon to a lame donkey. Patches ain't going to do squat when the games start to matter and it won't matter who you play him with.

Forget about Killorn. We don't need wingers. Trade Patches for a top six center.

Old
05-13-2017, 10:25 AM
c3z4r

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Are there any good young D who might be available?

Looking at the playoffs many teams have young mobile D, I think we should be going same route as it helps expand the window.

Weber has been in Nashville mentoring young D for ages so this wouldn't be new.
Anaheim will probably be eager to trade some of their young D, instead of losing them during the expansion draft. Likewise for the Wild.

Old
05-13-2017, 10:26 AM
LyricalLyricist
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3z4r View Post
Anaheim will probably be eager to trade some of their young D, instead of losing them during the expansion draft. Likewise for the Wild.
Brodin, Vatanen, Fowler, etc... are all perfect pieces for us to add in top 4.

Old
05-13-2017, 10:26 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
The Habs need scoring and he's been clutch before, I wouldn't put everything on his first ever playoffs. Who cares if he can't play defence? The Habs have more than enough. So long as he isn't expensive to acquire, why not? If Radulov doesn't re-sign, he'll likely be the best winger on the market.
He had to go on a tear at the end of the season, including a hat trick against a garbage team to even get to 20 goals. He's been struggling for awhile and he's way to big of a risk at $6 million dollars.

Old
05-13-2017, 10:30 AM
LyricalLyricist
Retired

Quote:
Being clutch is a stupid concept at a certain point.

I wouldn't take Rene Bourque over Pacioretty just because he made points in the playoffs a few times.

I think Pacioretty tries and if you have more guys like him you'll win anyway, too hard to contain several snipers.

That being said he's the best player in the deal. I'm not sure I want to make the deal and take on more cap.

Eberle and RNH have become so accustomed to losing they are shadows of their former self.

I'd take them at right price but that isn't Max and that isn't with 6 million dollar price tag a piece.

If they can't get it done with McDavid, Drai, etc... they won't with Danault.(I realize RNH is a center, but you get the point. He'd be pressured the most now)

Old
05-13-2017, 10:36 AM
smirob

I think Eberle might be a good risk to take and I would be interested if we can get both he and RNH in a deal....

To EDM
Gallagher
Plekanec
2017 2ND

To MTL
RNH
Eberle

Eberle has 2 years left at 6M. If he doesn't pan out its not a long term hit...

Pacioretty-RNH-Radulov
Galchenyuk-Danault-Eberle

Imo that's a realistic and better top 6 than last season

Old
05-13-2017, 10:52 AM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
You can quote directly my posts...

Can you imagine my fake lineup has a 35 point winger on the 4th line.

Because Vegas is going to pick him.

Yeah, ok, as always, we suck, everybody's going to leave... Sergachev's a bust...
I am glad that you are starting to pick things up. A little bit more and you will get there.

Old
05-13-2017, 11:03 AM
sampollock

habs need scoring, bottom line

they can't score right now, some good players, but they are 3rd liners,

MB needs to build the top to lines to score,

but then trades are hard to do

Old
05-13-2017, 12:04 PM
Uncle Gary
Habs/Preds

Quote:

Would people consider:

Pacioretty
Emelin

RNH
Eberle

Beaulieu
2nd

Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk - RNH - Eberle
Hudon - Carr

Markov - Weber
Jerabek - Petry
Sergachev - Benn
Davidson
This team would be done almost as fast as the exit we saw this year, maybe even quicker. RNH and Eberle combined for a whole 6 points on a very good Oilers team in a combined 26 playoff games. $12 million for those 2 would be a disaster. The 4th line has 0 skill and today's NHL you need skill on every line. Also Shawful and his boat anchor contract sitting on the 4th line. Wonderful. Also that D is atrocious. Serg will likely not be ready for even 3rd pairing duty, Jerabek has not played an NHL game and likely won't be anymore than a depth player and Markov playing 25 minutes a night? I don't think he would even make it half way through the season.

Old
05-13-2017, 12:39 PM
angry pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary View Post
This team would be done almost as fast as the exit we saw this year, maybe even quicker. RNH and Eberle combined for a whole 6 points on a very good Oilers team in a combined 26 playoff games. $12 million for those 2 would be a disaster. The 4th line has 0 skill and today's NHL you need skill on every line. Also Shawful and his boat anchor contract sitting on the 4th line. Wonderful. Also that D is atrocious. Serg will likely not be ready for even 3rd pairing duty, Jerabek has not played an NHL game and likely won't be anymore than a depth player and Markov playing 25 minutes a night? I don't think he would even make it half way through the season.
They both had disappointing playoffs, but so did our entire team. They are both legitimate top 6 players though, and adding RNH despite his playoffs would be a big boost. Both can easily be 25 goal players for us. Not exactly something we have in large supply. Losing Max is a big price, but adding 2 good pieces could be big for us in spreading our skill around.

Who cares what line Shaw is on. He's getting paid what he is getting paid. Are we better with Radulov - Gallagher - Shaw - Martinsen on the right side or are we better with Radulov - Eberle - Gallagher - Shaw on the right side. As long as his contract isn't prohibiting us from making more moves than I don't care what line he is on. Short term, especially if the cap jumps to 76 Million as I've read, Shaws contract won't hurt us. We can afford to play him wherever our depth allows, and it's not like we are going to be healty 100% of the season. Shaw is a versatile guy that'll be moved around throughout the season.

We don't need a skillful 4th line. Especially if we can get consistent scoring out of our top 9. We need a minute eating 4th line that can PK and eat up 10-12 minutes a game and not be a liability.

Jerabek on the middle pairing is a reach, but Benn has shown he's more than capable of taking on that role if Jerabek isn't capable. Sergachev/Davidson/Jerabek should be more than capable of rotating throughout the bottom pairing. Even if Sergachev doesn't make it, #7 D's aren't the end of the world. And we currently don't have anybody capable of taking on Markov's role, and it's probably not happening this off season anyways. So he's likely to play big minutes again next year anyways.

Old
05-13-2017, 12:41 PM
FazChenyuk

Quote:
I don't think Killorn would be worth his contract. Unless the winger we're acquiring is elite or there is also an outgoing winger, what's the point? There's a much greater need for Beaulieu than there is for Killorn.
getting rid of shaw for killorn would be the move of the decade

Old
05-13-2017, 12:46 PM
Belial

Quote:
The point is that Byron is not a top 6 player.

Quote:

Kovalchuk - RNH - Eberle
Hudon - Carr
We're not winning anything with a soft clueless in his own zone first line center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Icing View Post
Your idea in general is okay but you, my friend, have hitched your wagon to a lame donkey. Patches ain't going to do squat when the games start to matter and it won't matter who you play him with.

Forget about Killorn. We don't need wingers. Trade Patches for a top six center.
Yes, it does matter who you play with. Give him a real center and then we can start talking.

Old
05-13-2017, 12:47 PM
Draft

Quote:

I wouldn't take Rene Bourque over Pacioretty just because he made points in the playoffs a few times.

I think Pacioretty tries and if you have more guys like him you'll win anyway, too hard to contain several snipers.

That being said he's the best player in the deal. I'm not sure I want to make the deal and take on more cap.

Eberle and RNH have become so accustomed to losing they are shadows of their former self.

I'd take them at right price but that isn't Max and that isn't with 6 million dollar price tag a piece.

If they can't get it done with McDavid, Drai, etc... they won't with Danault.(I realize RNH is a center, but you get the point. He'd be pressured the most now)
Bring both those players into a different environment and they might get back to being top line players. I'm not suggesting any particular deal, but if these guys are available, I don't think we've got any right as fans to turn our nose up at them. Our offence sucks, these are two solid offensive players, I wouldn't count them out because they've played in the playoffs once on a team and organization that are moving in a different direction. Reminds me a bit of how Galchenyuk is treated here and the issues he's had.

Old
05-13-2017, 01:02 PM
76ftw

Quote:

We're not winning anything with a soft clueless in his own zone first line center.

Yes, it does matter who you play with. Give him a real center and then we can start talking.
So who do you think should be #1 Centre then? I think a by committee approach with Chucky-RNH-Danault is pretty solid if we can't get a real # 1 centre...

Old
05-13-2017, 01:07 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazChenyuk View Post
getting rid of shaw for killorn would be the move of the decade
Nah, I don't think it would be that big of a deal. A swap of bad contracts and less positional versatility for the Habs. Neither are worth their contracts and they bring very similar skills. Grass is always greener IMO.

Old
05-13-2017, 01:10 PM
Draft

Quote:

Oh, just realized there was a post before mine about an Eberle/Pacioretty swap, that's not what I'm getting at at all. If Pacioretty is moved, it should be for a center or #2D. However, if Eberle is available without the team losing major offensive contributors, I'd be all for it.

Old
05-13-2017, 01:14 PM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:

You're also not winning with a soft in every zone, disappears every time the pressure is on left winger who only tries when he's playing ****** teams or the net is empty.

Old
05-13-2017, 01:18 PM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
So who do you think should be #1 Centre then? I think a by committee approach with Chucky-RNH-Danault is pretty solid if we can't get a real # 1 centre...
I don't want to see Chucky at center at all, not the way he's playing right now.

Can he improve his two-way game? Maybe, but it's not looking good at all. Seems like he really lacks hockey IQ. Shouldn't take 6 years to learn basic positioning.

If we go with those 3 at center put Chucky on the second line and use that line in offensive situations as much as you can. But while it may work during the regular season we're going to get exposed in the PO.

Ideally, I would play him on the wing and don't get me wrong, I want him to play center but he just can't handle it defensively...

Closed Thread