HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal - Central Edition

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2017, 06:33 PM
Hardworker33

vCash: 500

Leon Draisaitl
Jordan Eberle (1m retained)

Max Pacioretty
Mikhail Sergachev
1st 2017
Andrew Shaw

Jeff Carter

Alex Galchenyuk
Michael McCarron

Thomas Hickey

Tomas Plekanec (25% retained)
3rd 2017

Lehkonen-Draisaitl-Gallagher
Radulov-Carter-Eberle
Hudon-Danault-Byron
Martinsen-Mitchell-xxx

Markov-Weber
Hickey/Beaulieu-Petry
Hickey/Beaulieu-Benn
Jerabek

Old
05-19-2017, 06:46 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wolf View Post
If Claude can make Chucky a 50-55 point, second line C who doesn't cost you defensively - all of which is reasonable at his age - he's worth keeping. Besides, at best he gets you a similar player in return and we're exactly where we are now.

I think the move is to dangle 67. If he (in a package or by himself) can land a legit top C, then it's worth the risk. If no one bites with anything substantial, he stays. But with Max gone, we're left with 47 (provided he signs), 11, 62 and either a UFA or Hudon/Sherbak at the wing positon. I can live with that if I know I'm stable at the C position.

The only other move is to put Sergachev in play. Gallo on TSN floated a supposition of Sergachev for William Nylander. It kinda works for both teams. Not that I'm holding my breath for MB to trade a valuable asset within the division.
LOL that would be highway robbery by Bergevin. I'd love that trade which probably means it's not going to happen.

Old
05-19-2017, 06:53 PM
MontrealPredators

Matt Duchene

Noah Juulsen
2nd round pick

Jacob Trouba

Alex Galchenyuk

Sign Thornton in the offseason to a one year, 5.5M contract.

Pacioretty-Duchene-Radulov
Lehkonen-Thornton-Galchenyuk
Byron-Danault-Shaw
Martinsen-Mitchell-McCarron

Trouba-Weber
Petry-Markov
Jerabek-Benn

Old
05-19-2017, 06:59 PM
LyricalLyricist
Retired

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealPredators View Post

Matt Duchene

Noah Juulsen
2nd round pick

Jacob Trouba

Alex Galchenyuk

Byron-Danault-Shaw

Trouba-Weber
Petry-Markov
Jerabek-Benn
Juulsen would be the +, not the main piece for a Duchene deal.

Would you trade Galchenyuk for a late 1st round pick and a 2nd? Why would Colorado?

Old
05-19-2017, 07:00 PM
MontrealPredators

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Juulsen would be the +, not the main piece for a Duchene deal.

Would you trade Galchenyuk for a late 1st round pick and a 2nd? Why would Colorado?
I really don't know what Duchene's value currently is, but I think we can agree his value is at his lowest.

Old
05-19-2017, 07:11 PM
LyricalLyricist
Retired

Quote:
I really don't know what Duchene's value currently is, but I think we can agree his value is at his lowest.
Be it as it may, why would they trade him for Juulsen?

Galchenyuk finished the year as a bottom 6 winger, we're still not open to trading him for peanuts.

Old
05-19-2017, 09:34 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Colorado is in rebuild mode, having Nate MacKinnon as their leader/premier gamebreaking talent, with Jost, Rantanen, Compher young forwards to integrate into their lineup. Sakic is trying to ease his Salary Cap situation, trading top five picks Landeskog & Duchene for premier young defencemen to augment his top three of Johnson, Barrie, Zadorov, while having Varlamov & Pickard as viable goalies for the future. His asking price for Duchene was reportedly, Galchenyuk, Sergachev & either Beaulieu or a 1st, nice deal for the Avalanche, not so for the Habs.

Old
05-20-2017, 04:40 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
LOL that would be highway robbery by Bergevin. I'd love that trade which probably means it's not going to happen.
Why would Nylander for Sergachev be highway robbery? It would be a lot easier to find someone similar to Nylander by other means, like as a UFA or by trade then a player like Sergachev. Sergachev hasn't proved himself in the NHL, yet, that's the only reason the trade would be considered lopsided but soon enough it won't be. If we had more D Prospects there is nothing wrong with making that trade but we don't. Me thinks you should take what these frothing 'we need more scoring' fans a lot less seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Be it as it may, why would they trade him for Juulsen?

Galchenyuk finished the year as a bottom 6 winger, we're still not open to trading him for peanuts.
No kidding, so did Ovy, playing as a winger with Eller, no less. The valuations players are getting around here are just getting silly, there's no justification for them. Bad trades happen but that's not the same thing as assessing a players value according to the worst trades that have ever happened.

Old
05-20-2017, 05:43 AM
BLONG7

Will it be on draft day that MB makes a deal this year?? Just curious in the timing this year...we have the Vegas Draft, then Draft Day, then July 1st UFA day...........it will be interesting to see when the chips all start to fall in and out of place...

Old
05-20-2017, 06:57 AM
sandviper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Will it be on draft day that MB makes a deal this year?? Just curious in the timing this year...we have the Vegas Draft, then Draft Day, then July 1st UFA day...........it will be interesting to see when the chips all start to fall in and out of place...
I expect something similar to last year... around July 1. I don't expect MB to try moving up in the draft. I mean, there may be a minor deal but nothing with a roster player to get back a roster player. Maybe a deal on expansion draft as well, but again, nothing impacting I think.

Old
05-20-2017, 07:15 AM
DAChampion

Draisatl is not getting traded.

Old
05-20-2017, 08:18 AM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Why would Nylander for Sergachev be highway robbery? It would be a lot easier to find someone similar to Nylander by other means, like as a UFA or by trade then a player like Sergachev. Sergachev hasn't proved himself in the NHL, yet, that's the only reason the trade would be considered lopsided but soon enough it won't be. If we had more D Prospects there is nothing wrong with making that trade but we don't. Me thinks you should take what these frothing 'we need more scoring' fans a lot less seriously.

No kidding, so did Ovy, playing as a winger with Eller, no less. The valuations players are getting around here are just getting silly, there's no justification for them. Bad trades happen but that's not the same thing as assessing a players value according to the worst trades that have ever happened.
Because Nylander is proven at the NHL level. 61 points in his first NHL season - He would lead our offense for the next decade. Serg is very much a question mark at this point. He struggles defensively at the junior level. Sure he has an impressive package, but who knows if he puts it all together. He could very well end up as a Jake Gardiner level player, which isn't bad but a far cry from a guy like Nylander. The only way we could swing that trade is if Serg makes the team and has a promising rookie season at the NHL level. Toronto wouldn't trade Nylander for anything less than a sure thing on D and nor should they.

If Tor actually offered Nylander for Serg, we should take it and run.

Old
05-20-2017, 08:34 AM
sandviper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I don't see that either.

Seeing as to how Sekera is hurt long term, maybe some sort of deal around Emelin or Beaulieu can be arranged? Both are LD so positionally, they would suit the Oilers needs.

Old
05-20-2017, 08:43 AM
DAChampion

The funny thing about Draisatl is that he was regularly in discussions on these boards as trade bait, but a lot of fans didn't want him because he wasn't proven lol.

People would literally turn down fantasy trades of Plekanec for Draisatl as bad for the Habs, lol.

Old
05-20-2017, 10:37 AM
BatVader
Dark Sith Knight

vCash: 250
Quote:

Matt Duchene

Noah Juulsen
2nd round pick

Jacob Trouba

Alex Galchenyuk

Byron-Danault-Shaw

Trouba-Weber
Petry-Markov
Jerabek-Benn
Just on money alone:
Habs get...
Duchene 6M
Trouba 3M
Thornton 5.5M
------------------- 14.5M

Habs give...
Galchenyuk 2.8M
Juulsen 1M
-------------------- 3.8M

Has the NHL removed the cap?

On the trade proposals:
Duchene will cost Sergachev+. Not Juulsen, not Beaulieu, not Galchenyuk, not 2 gold nuggets and a goat. Get this simple fact cemented into your mind. If Sergachev isn't included, it's not going to happen.
Sergachev+Plekanec+1st is the most commonly agreed upon return, (on HF), and is the best we could hope for as Plekanec's salary pays Duchene's salary. Though, in reality, we'd might have to add a Scherbak level guy as well.

Last edited by BatVader: 05-20-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Old
05-20-2017, 10:44 AM
Habsfan2731

If I took over for MB today, I'd head into a rebuild. Price, Patch, Weber, Emelin, Petry, Pleks, Shaw all out the door.

Building around:

Galchenyuk, Lehkonen, Danault, Sergachev, Hudon, Mete, Juulsen, Lindgren, McNiven.

There are too many holes to fill with the lack of prospects/picks we have to be able to do so. Draft defense heavy like Nashville did (address future needs up front with that defensive depth -- They moved Weber, Jones, Klein and lost Suter yet still have the best defense in the league with Subban, Josi, Ekholm and Ellis also they still have Daugherty, Fabbro, Fabbro and Allard in the pipeline)

It's really time that they should ask themselves if they're really anywhere near the realm of the best teams in the league, the answer is a big fat no. We're five years down the road and we have more holes than we started with, with an aging core.

Old
05-20-2017, 11:04 AM
vokiel
#FireMolgevin

Change of scenery Swap:

Jacob De La Rose

Dmitrij Jaskin

Old
05-20-2017, 11:05 AM
Habsfan2731

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Change of scenery Swap:

Jacob De La Rose

Dmitrij Jaskin
I'd be down.

Old
05-20-2017, 11:11 AM
1stLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Exactly, he is Malkin to McDavid/Crosby, he is not getting traded, If I was Bergevin I would have added to PK in order to get him, he is going to be Getzlaf/Benn.

Old
05-20-2017, 12:40 PM
vokiel
#FireMolgevin

An idea:

Weber
Gallagher

Tanev
Horvat
Virtanen

Old
05-20-2017, 12:41 PM
Mick11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
An idea:

Weber
Gallagher

Tanev
Horvat
Virtanen
I'm far from being Weber's biggest fan but this is bad.. Like really bad.

Old
05-20-2017, 12:46 PM
vokiel
#FireMolgevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick11 View Post
I'm far from being Weber's biggest fan but this is bad.. Like really bad.
Suppose we cover the difference in hypothetical draft picks, which and how many do they add? Just trying to see how far you think I am.

Old
05-20-2017, 12:52 PM
Toene
"Che" Weber

Horvat for Galchenyuk straight up.

Old
05-20-2017, 12:58 PM
vokiel
#FireMolgevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toene View Post
Horvat for Galchenyuk straight up.
And what's that supposed to accomplish? Have Horvat incapable of producing in Montreal instead of Galchenyuk?

Galchenyuk isn't the problem, it's the lack of another top 6 center that is the problem. If you just move same caliber centers in another parallel trade, it'll accomplish nothing and you'll look like a bunch of losers once more.

Old
05-20-2017, 01:33 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
Because Nylander is proven at the NHL level. 61 points in his first NHL season - He would lead our offense for the next decade. Serg is very much a question mark at this point. He struggles defensively at the junior level. Sure he has an impressive package, but who knows if he puts it all together. He could very well end up as a Jake Gardiner level player, which isn't bad but a far cry from a guy like Nylander. The only way we could swing that trade is if Serg makes the team and has a promising rookie season at the NHL level. Toronto wouldn't trade Nylander for anything less than a sure thing on D and nor should they.

If Tor actually offered Nylander for Serg, we should take it and run.
Some people here consider the Maple Leaf's management to be the very best that money can buy and yet they are the ones considering trading Nylander for a D man and giving up this 60+ point guy for the next decade and yet they don't have a goal scorer to replace him. Just think about that, why do the Leaf's even consider trading Nylander?

Closed Thread