HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Offical:GDT 3/25/06 7:30pm New York Rangers Vs. Tampa Bay Lightning **On MSG**

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2006, 01:44 PM
bk3nj

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
A win here means 3 pts on the short Florida trip which will be fine.

my lineup for tonight:

Prucha-Nylander-Jagr
Straka-Rucchin-Sykora
Giroux-Betts-Ward
Hossa-Moore-Ortmeyer
Sounds good to me. It'll be good to see Prucha back on JJ's line.

Old
03-25-2006, 01:45 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk3nj
Henke is slated to get the start..

Good, I like Weekes as well but hey, Henrik is Henrik

Old
03-25-2006, 01:56 PM
McDonagh27

Excited to have some fresh blood in the lineup... 25 is still really young, and if Giroux can impress he might be a good fit to replace Rucinsky next year and be a productive 3rd or 4th liner..

Old
03-25-2006, 02:21 PM
The Dawg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
With or without Orr in the line-up we have no offence after Jagr.

Hossa doesn't improve it neither will Giroux

But there are those of us that see the need for an enforcer in the lineup more important than seeing Hossa skate the puck along the boards and lose it behind the net.

either way, neither Hossa or Orr will affect the outcome of the game. Orr hasn't done anything to hurt us and Hossa hasn't done anything to help us so it's a nonfactor either way
it would not be a smart decision at all to dress Orr. we are gonna be playing a hockey game tonight against a team desperately trying to get a win. its not a boxing match. its our second game in 2 nights and weve played a lot of hockey lately. to put orr in the lineup it means he plays 5 minutes and it just puts more wear and tear on tired players. it is not smart. oh, and hossa and giroux are def. posssibilities to provide more offense than orr. hossa has sucked and hasnt scored but hes better than orr. at the same time, he hasnt been a liability. hes played good D and rarely takes penalties. Orr is just not an nhl player imo.

Old
03-25-2006, 02:26 PM
VEGASRANGERFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRaNgErS99112
How will Philly have a game in hand? They play tonight against Ottawa so at the end of the night the Rangers and the Flyers will have each played 71 games.
exactly

Old
03-25-2006, 02:26 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky
that might be true for weak-minded players...
i dont know about you, but jagr seems to be on a mission. he said it at the beginning of the year; superstition or not, his goal was to make the playoffs. that was being said after we havent made the playoffs in almost a decade. so yes, superstition does play a huge role, like growing playoff beards, not changing your socks, etc... but not when you have the best player in the world and easily the best leader in the NHL right. superstition or not, we will soon see that jagrs first goal has been accomplished... and then the second goal being... droooool
Weak-minded players. Give me a break with the whole rah-rah speach - total cliche and it's absolutely full of ****.

Whether it's your left skate before your right, the food you eat before a game, the route you take to the arena on gameday...any and everything counts. If you do something new and have a great game, you keep doing it...and if you play like **** you avoid it at all costs.

EVERY player is like this, whether you'll believe it or not. Some more so than others, obviously, but don't be fooled into thinking that it only applies to "weak-minded players."

Watch Marty St. Louis right before the puck drops on opening faceoff tonight.

Old
03-25-2006, 02:32 PM
DontStaal

Does anyone know if Kasper is playin tonite... Strudwick played well yesterday actually.. but still i much rather see kasper in the game

Old
03-25-2006, 03:13 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE
Weak-minded players. Give me a break with the whole rah-rah speach - total cliche and it's absolutely full of ****.

Whether it's your left skate before your right, the food you eat before a game, the route you take to the arena on gameday...any and everything counts. If you do something new and have a great game, you keep doing it...and if you play like **** you avoid it at all costs.

EVERY player is like this, whether you'll believe it or not. Some more so than others, obviously, but don't be fooled into thinking that it only applies to "weak-minded players."

You are right about player routines but these threads have nothing to do with the players unless they actually read them. Me snapping my fingers with my underwear on my head might have something to do with a Rangers' win but I really doubt it. Maybe Henrik snapping his fingers with his underwear on his head would have more of an impact. Point being: Superstitions are purely mental. If an action is not observed by one of these guys it will have no bearing on the game's outcome. That being said, THE RANGERS' PLAYOFF GAMES ARE GOING TO BE ALOT OF FUN TO WATCH THIS YEAR. I CANNOT WAIT. FORTUNATELY, SINCE WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS I WILL ONLY HAVE TO WAIT A FEW MORE WEEKS.

Old
03-25-2006, 04:19 PM
VEGASRANGERFAN

Today is my b-day so the Rangers have to win as a gift to me

Old
03-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Bretzky*

Quote:

dude, are you even a ranger fan? if you didnt realize, the whole "superstition" thing is completely cliche. its NOT cliche to cheer on the rangers as they make it to the playoffs for the first time in a decade... Mugerya is 100% correct. just because i said the word... playoff (uh oh) doesnt mean anything. and just because they dont change their underwear or grow a beard, has little impact on their game. and whatever st. louis does before the puck drops is good for him, i guess his pre-game rituals are really helping him since their fighting to stay in the playoff spots, unlike us.

Old
03-25-2006, 04:32 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASRANGERFAN
Today is my b-day so the Rangers have to win as a gift to me
Congrats

Old
03-25-2006, 04:34 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy

This is my first GDT..be gentle..hahaha

Heres the link to the game preview: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/preview?gid=2006032520
any time nyr wins the person who made the GDT should do it again...if they lose (like when i made it) you shouldnt be able to do it again for a long time.

in any event, let's git r done!

Old
03-25-2006, 04:41 PM
BigE

Quote:
dude, are you even a ranger fan? if you didnt realize, the whole "superstition" thing is completely cliche. its NOT cliche to cheer on the rangers as they make it to the playoffs for the first time in a decade... Mugerya is 100% correct. just because i said the word... playoff (uh oh) doesnt mean anything. and just because they dont change their underwear or grow a beard, has little impact on their game. and whatever st. louis does before the puck drops is good for him, i guess his pre-game rituals are really helping him since their fighting to stay in the playoff spots, unlike us.
What does me being or not being a Ranger fan have to do with this?

No - true - it's not cliche to be a Ranger fan, but I don't think you should confuse my impartial, on-point opinions with not "cheering" for the Rangers. I simply happen to view the game in a way that doesn't expose me as foolhardy or a jackass.

Take that for what it's worth.

And, just incase it has not dawned on you yet, I was merely making the point that superstition does play a role in the game, and it's not right to dismiss someone elses belief just because you disagree with it.

I'll also maintain the stance that those of you that believe superstition does not play a role in sports are likely those that have not played sports at any sort of competitive level.

Old
03-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Bretzky*

Quote:
What does me being or not being a Ranger fan have to do with this?

No - true - it's not cliche to be a Ranger fan, but I don't think you should confuse my impartial, on-point opinions with not "cheering" for the Rangers. I simply happen to view the game in a way that doesn't expose me as foolhardy or a jackass.

Take that for what it's worth.

And, just incase it has not dawned on you yet, I was merely making the point that superstition does play a role in the game, and it's not right to dismiss someone elses belief just because you disagree with it.

I'll also maintain the stance that those of you that believe superstition does not play a role in sports are likely those that have not played sports at any sort of competitive level.
you're 100% right, im a jackass because i know the rangers are going to make the playoffs regardless of superstition... sounds like your the jackass for thinking that when someone says playoff, it means we'll choke. take that for whats its worth ! WINK FACE!

PS : lets go rangers! (tonight, and in the playoffs)

Old
03-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
But only because of how that belief affects the players themselves. The fact is, what someone does at home or in some way or area that the players will never see does not affect the game in any way. When playing sports, I had rituals I went through before a game, things to get me mentally prepared. Some players take it much further, and believe that the way they tuck their jersey in will actually make a difference.

And what a player believes makes a difference, makes a difference, because state of mind is incredibly important to someone playing a competitive sport.

However, I knew a Rangers' fan who absolutely refused to watch the '94 Stanley Cup playoffs, believing that his very act of watching the games "jinxed" them. Because this fans' actions could not possibly be seen or known by the players, those actions could not possibly affect the outcome of the game.

Old
03-25-2006, 05:31 PM
DontStaal

this is ridiculous.. everyone has their own superstitions and what not
For example , i've noticed, that when i watch the games this year the rangers either win or lose... OMG, how crazy is that
.. NOW If we can please get to business and stop talkin about damn superstitions.. YES RANGERS ARE MAKING THE PLAYOFFS, IT'S NOT OFFICIAL YET , so i will save my happy dance for when it is official.
As for tonights game, Henke is in net which is awesome and tampa bay may actually be our opponent in the 1st round

Old
03-25-2006, 05:34 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

I have a very bad feeling that Hossa is gonna play 2nd line.

Old
03-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Forever Blue

Sloppy play ends TONIGHT!

Old
03-25-2006, 05:45 PM
BigE

Quote:
you're 100% right, im a jackass because i know the rangers are going to make the playoffs regardless of superstition... sounds like your the jackass for thinking that when someone says playoff, it means we'll choke. take that for whats its worth ! WINK FACE!
"And, just incase it has not dawned on you yet, I was merely making the point that superstition does play a role in the game, and it's not right to dismiss someone elses belief just because you disagree with it."

For emphasis.

Old
03-25-2006, 05:47 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseenpunk
I have a very bad feeling that Hossa is gonna play 2nd line.
So then would the lines be this? (not what i want them btw)

Sykora- Nylander- Jagr
Straka- Rucchin- Hossa
Prucha- Betts- Ward
Giroux- Moore- Ortmeyer

Old
03-25-2006, 05:49 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan
But only because of how that belief affects the players themselves. The fact is, what someone does at home or in some way or area that the players will never see does not affect the game in any way. When playing sports, I had rituals I went through before a game, things to get me mentally prepared. Some players take it much further, and believe that the way they tuck their jersey in will actually make a difference.

And what a player believes makes a difference, makes a difference, because state of mind is incredibly important to someone playing a competitive sport.

However, I knew a Rangers' fan who absolutely refused to watch the '94 Stanley Cup playoffs, believing that his very act of watching the games "jinxed" them. Because this fans' actions could not possibly be seen or known by the players, those actions could not possibly affect the outcome of the game.
Absolutely.

However, you might do well to read the entire thread: find the post where I spoke on fans affecting the outcome of the game.

I went from discussing "weak-minded" players to insinuating we were somehow about to "choke." Some kid gets in over his head and starts shadow boxing...

Old
03-25-2006, 05:59 PM
shoothepuck

NY can win this game if they play hockey. Maybe they'll stop trying to sleepwalk through the first period, take themselves out of the game with 4-5 penalties in the second period, and then try to win the game in the last 7 minutes of the third period. NY needs to get the first goal, build on the lead, and bury this team, like they are capable of doing. Lundqvist should have a strong game, and everyone needs to contribute. Hopefully the left Poti at Disneyland, and Kasper is in tonight.

Old
03-25-2006, 06:01 PM
DontStaal

i'd go with this

Prucha-Nylander-Jagr
Straka-Rucchin-Sykora
Giroux-Moore-Ward
Hossa-Betts-Ortmeyer

i like this, good combination of offensive production on each line... is this gonna happen? prob not , but i'd like to see it

Old
03-25-2006, 06:10 PM
The Dawg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersin06
i'd go with this

Prucha-Nylander-Jagr
Straka-Rucchin-Sykora
Giroux-Moore-Ward
Hossa-Betts-Ortmeyer

i like this, good combination of offensive production on each line... is this gonna happen? prob not , but i'd like to see it
i agree

Old
03-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Lets do this!

Getting started a little early watching Ottawa vs. the Flyers.

I hope Giroux gets to play. I hope Poti sits (yeah right).

Lets go Rangers! Lets go Senators!

Closed Thread