HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offical:GDT 3/25/06 7:30pm New York Rangers Vs. Tampa Bay Lightning **On MSG**

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2006, 09:48 PM
DontStaal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawg
which will never happen if betts is your center
i guess renney didnt get our memo of moving moore up. I dont know, but moore is obviously more of an offensive threat. Him w/ Prucha and Hossa wouldnt be such a bad idea.

Old
03-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
Sabres are really struggling right now, we have to be able to take that game @ MSG.

Dream scenario.
Rangers win 4-1 and Jagr scores #52 and #53 as well as adding an assist for point 110, sending the Garden into a frenzy.

It would be very cool if he broke two records with one goal at the Garden.

Old
03-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Fighting for the 3rd seed over the 5th seed is way better than fighting for the 8th seed. (knowing full well it wasn't going to happen)

All I'm trying to say is these are the nights when you remember how bad things were for the Rangers and for us as fans. 11 games left and first place in our grasp what can be better than this.

This game wouldn't even be considered a bad tie if this were the "Old" NHL.

Old
03-25-2006, 09:52 PM
The Dawg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersin06
i guess renney didnt get our memo of moving moore up. I dont know, but moore is obviously more of an offensive threat. Him w/ Prucha and Hossa wouldnt be such a bad idea.
absolutely

Old
03-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
Dream scenario.
Rangers win 4-1 and Jagr scores #52 and #53 as well as adding an assist for point 110, sending the Garden into a frenzy.

It would be very cool if he broke two records with one goal at the Garden.
Adds an ENer for our 4th goal, getting the hat trick and 54 goals

Old
03-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
Fighting for the 3rd seed over the 5th seed is way better than fighting for the 8th seed. (knowing full well it wasn't going to happen)

All I'm trying to say is these are the nights when you remember how bad things were for the Rangers and for us as fans. 11 games left and first place in our grasp what can be better than this.

This game wouldn't even be considered a bad tie if this were the "Old" NHL.
Yep. Losses in OT and SOs really jade the view for some on how the team played. Granted, we didn't play well tonight (but did play well enough for at least the point we got)

I think this team will benefit from a 5 on 5 OT come playoff time.

Old
03-25-2006, 09:55 PM
The Dawg*

lets think about this for a second: we are going to be playing a lot of intense hockey down the stretch. i hope giroux playing 2 or 3 minutes tonight isnt a sign of things to come. it will mean that we wont be rolling 4 lines consistenly and it can only create more wear and tear on our players. i can certainly understand the coaching in not wanting a guy making his nhl debut out there in a tight game, but i think there has to be an offensive player up here that must be trusted on consistently to eat up some minutes on the 3rd or 4th line.

Old
03-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Jim Ramsay

The first 30 minutes of this game belonged all to the Rangers. After the no goal, you could see the momentum change towards the Lightning, partly due to them being the home team. I'm sure this was already said but commen sense would say that Grahme moved that puck over the line with his pad. We got really lucky to even mkae into overtime, but the penalty kill in overtime was what really saved us to make it to a shootout. I'm a little upset at Lundqvist for biting for Richards move,the only person ive seen shoot on a backhand after the first deke in a shootout this year is Sykora, do you guys know anyone else whos done that? All in all we are lucky to get the ponit we did and we need our best performance against Buffalo because I know theyre gonna play strong to get some revenge for the Connely injury.

Old
03-25-2006, 10:59 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoochiNorris
I'm just sick of everyone freaking out when the Rangers go into a slump saying crap like that then forget all about what they said when the Rangers start winning games.

All that matters is getting to the playoffs and playing well in the playoffs. What does this game have to do with how well the Rangers play in the playoffs? Not much.
You've been registered for a month; that's hardly enough time to know who's a culprit and who's not.

Misinformed, like usual...

Old
03-25-2006, 11:02 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenTurcotte8
ITS L-O-S-E...you L-O-S-E a game....not L-O-O-S-E

Loose is what Potvin's wife is

Silver lining = 1 point gained on Buffalo and not letting Philly pull away...Philly is playing probably their best hockey of the season, while we are playing like crap, getting no breaks, and cracking with a lead........but we are tied with equal games played and philly has one measly more win...

And Philly's goaltending is horrible....I like our chances....
I've never wanted to say it. Make this a sticky.

Old
03-25-2006, 11:06 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE
I've never wanted to say it. Make this a sticky.
Amen.

Old
03-25-2006, 11:10 PM
BigE

Last post of the night:

1.) The puck did not cross the line by the officials account or that of the many replay cameras. You'd demand conclusive evidence if it were a reviewed goal against the Ranger net - don't be hypocritical.

2.) The refs did not lose us this game.

3.) We did not deserve to win this game.

4.) We did not outplay the Lightning for even 1/3 of the 65 minutes tonight.

We're losing these games for our own many reasons. No more excuses, no more scapegoating, and no more passing the buck! It's ridiculous!

Old
03-26-2006, 12:27 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE
Last post of the night:

1.) The puck did not cross the line by the officials account or that of the many replay cameras. You'd demand conclusive evidence if it were a reviewed goal against the Ranger net - don't be hypocritical.

2.) The refs did not lose us this game.

3.) We did not deserve to win this game.

4.) We did not outplay the Lightning for even 1/3 of the 65 minutes tonight.

We're losing these games for our own many reasons. No more excuses, no more scapegoating, and no more passing the buck! It's ridiculous!

we lost cause we did not use Prucha in the shootout, Renney has to put him in.

Old
03-26-2006, 12:29 AM
Balej20*

That was the most putrid shoot out I have ever seen.

Old
03-26-2006, 02:16 AM
Block More Shots

I'm always confident in this team to have a solid shot of winning, game in and game out. At this point, I don't even care about winning the division. Sure, it'd be great, but whether we're facing Buffalo or either TB, MTL, or NJ in the 6th spot, it's going to be a tough matchup. Judging by the standings, either NJ, TB, or MTL could make the 6th spot and any would be the obvious choice. But look at Buffalo...very young team, just like ours. Young goaltender just like us. IMO, with both teams lacking experience, we may have an advantage. We have more veterans on our team than Buffalo does on their team.

NJ always steps up in the playoffs so I'd like to stay away from them. Same with TB and MTL. Buffalo's lack of playoff experience could be the best thing for us.

A divison win would be great but I just wanna see this team in the playoffs.

Old
03-26-2006, 05:18 AM
Fletch

BitE...

#3 should be bold and in caps. The Lightning skated around this team. The defense, for the most part, played horrible in the last half. They're lucky they got a point.

Old
03-26-2006, 07:54 AM
Melrose_Jr.

I thought if the on-ice official called it a goal, and there wasn't sufficient evidence to prove him wrong using the replay, you stick with the on-ice official's call.

Old
03-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Phil333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I thought if the on-ice official called it a goal, and there wasn't sufficient evidence to prove him wrong using the replay, you stick with the on-ice official's call.
That's what I thought too but we might be thinking about the NFL there.

Old
03-26-2006, 10:40 AM
natureboy*

Quote:
That's what every announce states when I watch games, but somehow its always a precedent when the rangers are involved. It would be interesting to note how many times the rangers have been shorthanded in overtime. It just seems a majority of there OT loses are on PPG's (NJ, Atlanta, TB, Chicago, Pittsburgh) It would have been nice to see the slash on ruchinsky called I mean Koharski was looking right at IT!! But when a ranger does it it's lack of discipline.

Old
03-26-2006, 11:30 AM
BigE

Quote:
I had the SUN feed so it's hard to say with the announcers, but they had said the referee never indicated that it was a goal.

Otherwise, I'd have agreed with you. At that point there needs to be conclusive evidence that the goal WAS NOT in.

Old
03-26-2006, 12:46 PM
NYRaNgErS99112

Send a message via AIM to NYRaNgErS99112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
I think the difference is their performance from one period to the next. I couldn't believe I was watching the same team at one point. The just stop playing.
Yeah, good point, the goal being pulled back obviously knocked their momentum away but there was absolutly no excuse to just fall asleep from that point in the game on.

Old
03-26-2006, 12:49 PM
NYRaNgErS99112

Send a message via AIM to NYRaNgErS99112
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoochiNorris
I'm just sick of everyone freaking out when the Rangers go into a slump saying crap like that then forget all about what they said when the Rangers start winning games.

All that matters is getting to the playoffs and playing well in the playoffs. What does this game have to do with how well the Rangers play in the playoffs? Not much.
Im not quite ready to freak out yet because as you said, this team is going to the playoffs. But all of these games certainly have implications in deciding whether or not the Rangers have home-ice in the first round. You dont want to back your way into the playoffs either, hopefully they can catch a little bit of fire at the end of the season.

Old
03-27-2006, 09:22 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawg
lundqvist looks terrible

Old
03-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
We just have no chance in shootouts now. Just no chance.

Old
03-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator
Man, scru the Rangers in the shoot out, they are plainly ***** in the last couple of SO (Atlanta, Panthers and Tampa)... This stinks. I hate it. I'm *****in' pissed at the effort :-(

Closed Thread