HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Giroux Called Up (For Real)

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2006, 10:29 AM
KasparKrunch

vCash: 500
Giroux Called Up (For Real)

http://nyrangers.com/gametime/preview.asp?id=2017

In preparation for tonight's game, the Rangers recalled forward Alexandre Giroux from Hartford to replace Martin Rucinsky in the lineup. Rucinsky suffered a broken finger when he was slashed during the third period of Friday night's game against the Panthers.

thats from the bottom of the page....

Old
03-25-2006, 10:31 AM
MrAlfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparKrunch
http://nyrangers.com/gametime/preview.asp?id=2017

In preparation for tonight's game, the Rangers recalled forward Alexandre Giroux from Hartford to replace Martin Rucinsky in the lineup. Rucinsky suffered a broken finger when he was slashed during the third period of Friday night's game against the Panthers.

thats from the bottom of the page....
i wanted dawes, but lets see what this kid can do

Old
03-25-2006, 10:31 AM
shnagle

Giroux Recalled

It's at the bottom of today's preview. Not my first choice, I would rather have seen Dawes or Genoway get a shot if they were looking for a winger. It will only be 2 more games until Hollweg comes back so it will be interesting to see if Orr or Giroux dresses in those games.

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/gametime/preview.asp

Old
03-25-2006, 10:33 AM
DontStaal

ye it's actually true.. wow!! isn't he a center? And does this mean that he's actually going to play, or will he be scratched...he does have good scoring stats...34G 25A in 64 games for a total of 59P.

Old
03-25-2006, 10:36 AM
Fletch

I would like to see someone else too...

but Giroux' the one with experience, and experience often wins out when you're talking abuot first place. Personally, I would've gone for a centerman and played Hossa on a third line with Ward while moving Prucha up and Betts down (With Orts and Moore on the wing - where he's played a bit before). But, maybe we'll get a chance to see if Giroux is long for the NHL.

Old
03-25-2006, 10:38 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersin06
ye it's actually true.. wow!! isn't he a center? And does this mean that he's actually going to play, or will he be scratched...he does have good scoring stats...34G 25A in 64 games for a total of 59P.
He also plays LW.

Old
03-25-2006, 10:41 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

I'm guessing they don't want to call up Dawes or Immonen too early. If this kid doesn't do much....I think they'll call up Dawes or Immonen before the playoffs. I guess we gotta give this kid a chance. He is 25.

Old
03-25-2006, 10:42 AM
Nich

i figure this is his chance to stick with us, or we will eventually move him out with some signings of prospects. either way, it is a good move to find out what you have before you get rid of it.

Old
03-25-2006, 10:59 AM
TheRedressor

yeah, this is definetly his shot with the New York Rangers.

Old
03-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Taz

i have followed Giroux for a while and always thought he needs a shot at the big time here, he is a goal scorer, this season he has 6 short handed goals, he can play on the Powerplay as well, I think he'll do alright for a few games but he is no Rucinsky, maybe he might take this chance to beat out someone like Hossa or Moore, Betts Ortmeyer for a job. He has shown that he can play physical and has a knack for scoring and drops the gloves every now and then, Something that Ortmeyer Moore Hossa and Betts dont do.

Old
03-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Really looking forward to seeing him out there.

Old
03-25-2006, 11:10 AM
polako

do you think he'll actually play tonight? Or will Renney put Orr (oops i used the "O" word) on the fourth line?

Old
03-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Taz

I would also like to add that, yes i would rather Immonen was called up, but they need a winger not a center and Dawes is not ready just yet.

Old
03-25-2006, 11:19 AM
eco's bones

I don't think Giroux has much of a future for us. Having said that though the Rangers might be looking past Dawes for the moment because they see Giroux with better size and subsequently a better physical game. Another possibility is they are going to make a decision now on him and his future with us. We have a lot of players coming into our system next year and there are vets in Hartford that I don't expect will be back.

Old
03-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Nothing like a 25 year old career minor leaguer.

Old
03-25-2006, 11:37 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Really looking forward to seeing him out there.
I really would have rather seen Dawes get the call. Giroux just never struck me as one a future NHLer. Guess we'll see. He seems to me as one of those whose game never quite makes the transition to the NHL. But, what do I know? Maybe he'll surprise me.

Old
03-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
Nothing like a 25 year old career minor leaguer.
Well this might be his one chance to prove us all wrong.

Old
03-25-2006, 11:44 AM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I really would have rather seen Dawes get the call. Giroux just never struck me as one a future NHLer. Guess we'll see. He seems to me as one of those whose game never quite makes the transition to the NHL. But, what do I know? Maybe he'll surprise me.
Dawes will be a player. However, he may need an acclimation period. Girioux is a physical player. I saw him at Hartford and he will initiate contact. He may be a short term solution. Ottawa once thought the kid had potential. We'll see. Dawes will clearly be a left wing of the future.

Old
03-25-2006, 12:01 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate
Dawes will be a player. However, he may need an acclimation period. Girioux is a physical player. I saw him at Hartford and he will initiate contact. He may be a short term solution. Ottawa once thought the kid had potential. We'll see. Dawes will clearly be a left wing of the future.
The problem with Giroux has always been that he needs to put in the effort consistently. We'll see if he has learned his lesson. He has a two-game window here to show something. Even if it is not scoring, he can still make himself noticeable.
On Dawes (not to go off on a tangent), do you really think that the brass will go forward into the future with such diminutive LWs on the top two lines? One is one thing, but two? Not that I am discounting this, but that would be two smurfs manning the top two LW spots.

Old
03-25-2006, 12:11 PM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
The problem with Giroux has always been that he needs to put in the effort consistently. We'll see if he has learned his lesson. He has a two-game window here to show something. Even if it is not scoring, he can still make himself noticeable.
On Dawes (not to go off on a tangent), do you really think that the brass will go forward into the future with such diminutive LWs on the top two lines? One is one thing, but two? Not that I am discounting this, but that would be two smurfs manning the top two LW spots.
Absolutely. I had the privilege of watching Dawes last year when I was on the west coast. He plays like a big man. If you remember Gary Howatt but with talent. The kid is a pure sniper. He is a major offensive force. We will need some power forwards. Jagr with either Prucha or Dawes. The other can play with Sykora or another forward.Dawes will score. He will kill penalties. I love this kid.

Old
03-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Fletch

That's what I was saying, SoS...

just trying to be a bit more optimistic.

Old
03-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate
It would be nice if right off the bat he threw his body around big time. We can surely use it.

Old
03-25-2006, 01:07 PM
TheRedressor

yeah i hope he knows how to throw a real check. Something thats what I think is Jed Ortmeyer's only fault as a 4th liner. The guys skates hard, blocks shots and even hits hard, but he doesn't know how to throw a proper check like Hollweg does.

Old
03-25-2006, 01:11 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Giroux deserves a chance. I give him credit for not sulking and having a pretty good year after he (by most accounts) had a rotten camp. The big opportunity here though falls to Prucha. Top 2 lines 100% of the time. Time to shine.

Old
03-25-2006, 01:26 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop
The big opportunity here though falls to Prucha. Top 2 lines 100% of the time. Time to shine.
He has been. Just look at what he has done when playing there every since (and before) his injury. I'd say that his 27 goals are a testiment to his "shining".

Closed Thread