HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

lose. - WCF - Game 2 - Nashville 3 at Anaheim 5 -Series Tied 1-1

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2017, 12:18 PM
JustaFinnishGuy

vCash: 500
About time I get to watch a game. Got my sleep schedule destroyed in rounds 1 and 2 and was kinda recovering. Looked like a lackluster pp in 1st game, so that's what makes the difference this time and gets our Preds up and running 2-0 in this round

Old
05-14-2017, 12:20 PM
klt2001

https://open.spotify.com/search/resu...39;s%20%20Pred

Old
05-14-2017, 12:35 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip Forceberg View Post
It's crazy that Fisher doesn't have a single point so far in these playoffs. Hopefully that changes tonight.
He's saving it all for Ottawa

Seriously, need Fish to get going, and tonight is as good a night as any.

05-14-2017, 01:00 PM
BlackMcDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PREDilection View Post
Refs are letting them play and not calling much. Which obviously favors Anaheim who does a lot more cheap and dirty stuff before and after the whistle.
Well good luck - hoping for a Sens - Preds final (which I believe the league wants the exact opposite). Putting my tin foil hat on now.

Old
05-14-2017, 01:10 PM
predwings

Can we just start the game with someone dumping Getzlaf into Pierre Mcguires lap please? thanks.

Old
05-14-2017, 01:18 PM
neversaydie

Leaf fan coming in peace. I have really enjoyed watching the Preds this year, big fan of your D-core, and Poile really has a knack for picking D too. Such a tantalizing blend of speed throughout your lineup. Hope you guys win the cup!!!!!!

Cheers

Old
05-14-2017, 01:22 PM
klt2001

I'm thinking we should have Fisher against Getzlaf as he can match him in size and keep him in check. Then will just need someone on our team to be able to keep Silfverberg in check. If not I would at least move Fisher up to the second line w/ Colin Wilson and Neal to keep the Kesler/Silfverberg line in check and move Jarnkrok down to the third line as Jarnkrok was getting manhandled by the Ducks along the boards which made it difficult for that line to keep the scoring pressure on as he was unable to keep the puck in their end and got hit pretty hard along the boards. Ducks are a physical team so I would try to match them physically against their players.

Last edited by klt2001: 05-14-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Old
05-14-2017, 01:44 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
Can we just start the game with someone dumping Getzlaf into Pierre Mcguires lap please? thanks.
Watson?

Old
05-14-2017, 01:53 PM
klt2001

So do we know what is wrong w/ Smith that he can't play?

Old
05-14-2017, 02:31 PM
klt2001

Every time we play Anaheim it's usually a battle and goes to 5, 6, or 7 round series. So I can see this series going either team's way. Can't ever count Anaheim out but also can never count the Preds out either. It's going to be a fight/battle to the end and I suspect Anaheim will be coming out harder today w/ being down 1 in this series. Hopefully the Preds come out even harder than them and can come out on top. Wishing them the best. Go Preds!

Old
05-14-2017, 02:36 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
We're gonna get our butts kicked.
As long as the end result is a win I'm okay w/ that.

Old
05-14-2017, 02:40 PM
Legionnaire11
BucketPred Land

I know what happened last year, but going up 2-0 would be huge. There's not an overwhelming amount of pressure on the Preds tonight, moreso on the Ducks, but let's not kid ourselves, even with a 3-0 lead there's pressure on everyone at this point.

I have no idea what to expect for this game, it could be close, or it could be a blowout either way. I don't think the first goal matters as much, but I'm hoping the Preds can control as much of the play as they did on Friday, but stay out of the box.

Old
05-14-2017, 02:50 PM
klt2001

Well the Preds just need to focus on winning this game/focus on winning one game at a time and not get ahead of themselves. They can win this game if they set their mind to it and play to the capability we know they can. Just going to have to go out there and do it. No time to turtle. Stay the course. Do it for Kevs

Old
05-14-2017, 04:20 PM
Hinterland

Not holding my breath for it to happen but I'd like to see something like that:

Forsberg, Johansen, Arvidsson
Aberg, Fisher, Salomaki
Wilson, Jarnkrok, Neal
HarryZ, Sissons, Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I can't believe she's listening to such horrible music. 90% purely commercial mainstream bs.

Old
05-14-2017, 04:32 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinterland View Post

Aberg, Fisher, Salomaki
Wilson, Jarnkrok, Neal
HarryZ, Sissons, Watson

Im pleased you have finally stopped calling for Watson to be out of the lineup

Quote:

I can't believe she's listening to such horrible music. 90% purely commercial mainstream bs.
Um, "commercial, mainstream" music has made her tens of millions of dollars. Im guessing she's not going to bite the hand that feeds her. Plus it would be a sad, silly "pump up playlist" to be put out by a known star if there was nothing in it but a bunch of indie garbage that nobody recognized

Old
05-14-2017, 04:34 PM
cynicalcitizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
So do we know what is wrong w/ Smith that he can't play?
Upper body injury rumored to be caused by Heesux Reelbad.

Old
05-14-2017, 04:38 PM
Legionnaire11
BucketPred Land

Quote:

Aberg, Fisher, Salomaki
Wilson, Jarnkrok, Neal
HarryZ, Sissons, Watson

Flip Salomaki and Neal and i'd be okay with those lines, though I'd prefer...
Forsberg - Johansen - Arvidsson
Wilson - Fisher - Neal
Aberg - Jarnkrok - Watson
Zolnierczyk - Sissons - McLeod

On Miss Underwoods music taste... I'm surprised every day that with the entire world of music just a few clicks away, that an overwhelming majority of people still just listen to whatever junk the radio feeds them. Every time i'm subjected to 107.5, which is unfortunately way too often, they play the same 10-15 songs over and over and over... Just search a little bit, listen to someone local, listen to someone foreign, listen to something older, listen to something brand new, listen to genres that you might not normally. It's so easy to discover new music now and support acts that actually capture your interest and deserve the attention.

and with that rant over... the clock watching is hitting me hard. Got done with my most successful mother's day a few hours ago, took a nap, now i'm eagerly anticipating the game.

Old
05-14-2017, 04:47 PM
Mortiest Morty

Sissons has been way better than Jarnkrok offensively this postseason. It's time to put Calle on the 4th line in a fully defensive and penalty-killing role. Of course, Fisher hasn't done anything offensively either, so I guess just flip a coin between them? I have more hope for Fisher to put it together though, at least he has a decent track record in the postseason.

Old
05-14-2017, 05:08 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Im pleased you have finally stopped calling for Watson to be out of the lineup

Um, "commercial, mainstream" music has made her tens of millions of dollars. Im guessing she's not going to bite the hand that feeds her. Plus it would be a sad, silly "pump up playlist" to be put out by a known star if there was nothing in it but a bunch of indie garbage that nobody recognized

Depends very much on the opponent whether I want Watson in or out of the lineup. I have nothing against him. That said, a Watson alone, if he plays like this season, isn't gonna screw your lineup. Too many Watson type of players could. And I'm still convinced Salomaki is a better version of Watson. He just needs some playing time which obviously Laviolette for unknown reasons isn't prepared to give him.

Re music I wouldn't classify Carrie's music as commercial. Of course she makes a fortune with her music but she, in my view, never changed her style of music or personality. For example, here in Switzerland, everybody knows Katie Perry and her bs music but nobody knows Carrie Underwood. She hardly ever cracked any kind of european chart which I'm sure she could have if she wanted to.

Having listened to her music, I'm absolutely baffled to see what she wants us to listen to.

Old
05-14-2017, 05:10 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
Sissons has been way better than Jarnkrok offensively this postseason. It's time to put Calle on the 4th line in a fully defensive and penalty-killing role. Of course, Fisher hasn't done anything offensively either, so I guess just flip a coin between them? I have more hope for Fisher to put it together though, at least he has a decent track record in the postseason.
Jarnkrok is soft and not as reliable defensively as Sissons or Fisher.

Old
05-14-2017, 05:16 PM
Firestorm

I am hopeful that Wilson will activate his playoff mode this round.

Old
05-14-2017, 05:19 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
Jarnkrok is soft and not as reliable defensively as Sissons or Fisher.
Wrong. He's not strong, but he's certainly not soft, there's a difference. He's also as good or even better defensively than either. It's good to see your opinion of Jarnkrok is just as correct as your opinion of Watson.

Old
05-14-2017, 05:36 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
Wrong. He's not strong, but he's certainly not soft, there's a difference. He's also as good or even better defensively than either. It's good to see your opinion of Jarnkrok is just as correct as your opinion of Watson.
Lol. Some kind of hidden irony?
Fisher may not be 18 anymore but he's still one of the best two way Centers in this league. Jarnkrok doesn't even come close to that.
The only regular with fewer hits per game is Arvidsson but as we all know that guy is a warrior. Jarnkrok doesn't even come close to his intensity. I'm not saying that you only mesure toughness with hits but it's certainly a good indicator. Jarnkrok does a good job of avoiding hits and but for his size, he's surprisingly strong on the puck, but his game is still pretty soft. I can't think of a softer player in the current lineup. Jarnkrok isn't all that bad defensively but he's no two way center like Sissons or Fisher. In fact they tried Jarnkrok on the 4th line just recently and he was rather useless.

Old
05-14-2017, 05:40 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:
Depends very much on the opponent whether I want Watson in or out of the lineup. I have nothing against him. That said, a Watson alone, if he plays like this season, isn't gonna screw your lineup. Too many Watson type of players could. And I'm still convinced Salomaki is a better version of Watson. He just needs some playing time which obviously Laviolette for unknown reasons isn't prepared to give him.

Re music I wouldn't classify Carrie's music as commercial. Of course she makes a fortune with her music but she, in my view, never changed her style of music or personality. For example, here in Switzerland, everybody knows Katie Perry and her bs music but nobody knows Carrie Underwood. She hardly ever cracked any kind of european chart which I'm sure she could have if she wanted to.

Having listened to her music, I'm absolutely baffled to see what she wants us to listen to.
on further reflection I would wonder if the list wasn't actually compiled by a staffer/publicist

Old
05-14-2017, 05:41 PM
JLP
Refugee

Go Preds Go!!

Closed Thread