HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

lose. - WCF - Game 2 - Nashville 3 at Anaheim 5 -Series Tied 1-1

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2017, 05:45 PM
Mortiest Morty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinterland View Post
Lol. Some kind of hidden irony?
Fisher may not be 18 anymore but he's still one of the best two way Centers in this league. Jarnkrok doesn't even come close to that.
The only regular with fewer hits per game is Arvidsson but as we all know that guy is a warrior. Jarnkrok doesn't even come close to his intensity. I'm not saying that you only mesure toughness with hits but it's certainly a good indicator. Jarnkrok does a good job of avoiding hits and but for his size, he's surprisingly strong on the puck, but his game is still pretty soft. I can't think of a softer player in the current lineup. Jarnkrok isn't all that bad defensively but he's no two way center like Sissons or Fisher. In fact they tried Jarnkrok on the 4th line just recently and he was rather useless.
Jarnkrok played one game on the 4th line, how was he any more "useless" than Fisher with Zolnierczyk? The opposition didn't score with him on the ice and his shot metrics were WAY better than Fisher's. Fisher is a good 2 way center, so is Jarnkrok and both are better than Sissons. Lol, number of hits to quantify whether someone is "soft", I think we're done here.

Old
05-14-2017, 05:52 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
Jarnkrok played one game on the 4th line, how was he any more "useless" than Fisher with Zolnierczyk? The opposition didn't score with him on the ice and his shot metrics were WAY better than Fisher's. Fisher is a good 2 way center, so is Jarnkrok and both are better than Sissons. Lol, number of hits to quantify whether someone is "soft", I think we're done here.
Looking for a quick getaway?
I'm usually not like that but since you set yourself up for that one I'm curious to find out who's actually softer than Jarnkrok. Salomaki? McLeod? Watson?

Old
05-14-2017, 05:57 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
Looking for a quick getaway?
I'm usually not like that but since you set yourself up for that one I'm curious to find out who's actually softer than Jarnkrok. Salomaki? McLeod? Watson?
Did I say anyone was softer than Jarnkrok? I don't think anyone on the team is soft. Bringing up the number of hits Jarnkrok has is beyond absurd. That isn't his game, at all. He doesn't chase hits. He plays a very sound positional game with a good, quick stick. He isn't at all afraid to get down low and grind and battle, or take a hit to make a play, or block shots, etc., he is not soft. Sometimes (Often?) I question if you even actually watch the team play at all.

Old
05-14-2017, 06:09 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Did I say anyone was softer than Jarnkrok? I don't think anyone on the team is soft. Bringing up the number of hits Jarnkrok has is beyond absurd. That isn't his game, at all. He doesn't chase hits. He plays a very sound positional game with a good, quick stick. He isn't at all afraid to get down low and grind and battle, or take a hit to make a play, or block shots, etc., he is not soft. Sometimes (Often?) I question if you even actually watch the team play at all.
So in other words, you cannot name a softer player than Jarnkrok because this team is packed with tough guys?
If the Preds have so many tough players on the roster, then why would you want to play the softest of them on the 4th line? It just doesn't make sense even if he isn't at all afraid to get down low and grind and battle, or take a hit to make a play, or block shots, etc. and is not soft

Old
05-14-2017, 06:11 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Sporting my Hartnell jersey tonight as I did on Friday for the plaza party. Hope that helps with the vibes.

Old
05-14-2017, 06:12 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
So in other words, you cannot name a softer player than Jarnkrok because this team is packed with tough guys?
If the Preds have so many tough players on the roster, then why would you want to play the softest of them on the 4th line? It just doesn't make sense even if he isn't at all afraid to get down low and grind and battle, or take a hit to make a play, or block shots, etc. and is not soft
Jesus, there is a gap between not being soft and being a "tough guy". I'm not poor, but I ain't rich either. See how that works? And why does a 4th line need nothing but "tough guys"? Aren't you the same person that told me something like the playoff leader in hits, Austin Watson, was very bad and would be a healthy scratch on most all teams? I honestly feel like I'm arguing with my 8 year old nephew here...

Old
05-14-2017, 06:14 PM
JamestheSame

Go Preds!

Old
05-14-2017, 06:14 PM
Preds Partisan
Gunga galunga

Score early and often so these lame Duck fans can leave the game ASAP and beat the traffic.

Old
05-14-2017, 06:17 PM
Mortiest Morty

Anyway...

Smith is out again and the lines appear to be the exact same, including Fiddler centering the 4th. Go Preds!

Also, anyone care to guess who had the best corsi in the entire game for game 1?

Cody McLeod at 75%, LOL

Old
05-14-2017, 06:19 PM
NorthAlPredfan

Old
05-14-2017, 06:23 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Jesus, there is a gap between not being soft and being a "tough guy". I'm not poor, but I ain't rich either. See how that works? And why does a 4th line need nothing but "tough guys"? Aren't you the same person that told me something like the playoff leader in hits, Austin Watson, was very bad and would be a healthy scratch on most all teams? I honestly feel like I'm arguing with my 8 year old nephew here...
Ok. Even if there aren't too many tough guys on the team, you still can't name a softer player than Jarnkrok and despite that, want to place him on the 4th line. This is, whatever you say, barking mad and mindboggling

I don't know if I wrote it like that, but depending on the matchup I still think that Watson shouldn't be in the lineup for some games. The way he played however, he certainly has to be in the lineup in playoff series vs the Anaheim Ducks.

Old
05-14-2017, 06:27 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Anyway...

Smith is out again and the lines appear to be the exact same, including Fiddler centering the 4th. Go Preds!

Also, anyone care to guess who had the best corsi in the entire game for game 1?

Cody McLeod at 75%, LOL
They probably still win because as a team, they're way better than the Ducks...however, I'm still not convinced playing McLeod and Fiddler is a good idea at this point...

Old
05-14-2017, 06:29 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
They probably still win because as a team, they're way better than the Ducks...however, I'm still not convinced playing McLeod and Fiddler is a good idea at this point...
I'm still not convinced any of your ideas have any merit. For example, how are the Preds way better than the Ducks? Either statistically or on paper? But thanks for always chiming in, I guess...

Old
05-14-2017, 06:31 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

You know, this would be a GREAT time for the Preds Power Play to start clicking

05-14-2017, 06:40 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I was very surprised at how bad the power play looked in game one, especially since Anaheim was sub 70% on the PK heading into that game.

Old
05-14-2017, 06:40 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Totally agree with you doc.

Old
05-14-2017, 06:43 PM
klt2001

Whoever is in the lineup let's just hope they show up and get a win. Hoping for the best but prepared for the worse.

Old
05-14-2017, 06:45 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Totally agree with you doc.
Hell hath frozen over.

Old
05-14-2017, 06:45 PM
drwpreds

So are the empty seats today because of traffic, too??

Old
05-14-2017, 06:47 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
I'm still not convinced any of your ideas have any merit. For example, how are the Preds way better than the Ducks? Either statistically or on paper? But thanks for always chiming in, I guess...
Way more talented, simply put. I mentioned it after the Sharks went out early...whoever wins the Preds-Blues series is very very likely to make the Stanley Cup final. I'm not too impressed with the Oilers and Ducks. Oilers have little experience and the Ducks still have the same team that never really accomplished anything. They have a very good center depth, big bruising players and decent two way forwards but, in my view, still not enough skill and speed. This is why they usually dominate the regular season but tend to suck in the playoffs.
They may prove me wrong but the Blues and scared me way more than this Anaheim team.

Old
INDhockeyfan

Joey scores

Old
FossilFndr

Joey

38 to 92, isn't that backwards for the breakaway? meaning it's usually Arvy receiving the pass

Old
05-14-2017, 06:48 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

**** yeah RyJo

Old
05-14-2017, 06:48 PM
TootooTrain
Southern Hospitality

Heads up pass for the breakaway. Nice finish by Joey.

Old
05-14-2017, 06:49 PM
Hinterland

Nice goal. Preds top line is unstoppable.

Closed Thread