HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Out of Town Thread - Conference Finals Pt. 2

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2017, 07:00 AM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
I haven't been too impressed with Johansen this playoffs. He needs to step it up a bit.
I haven't watched that closely but is been impressed every time ive seen him.

Old
05-15-2017, 07:09 AM
DAChampion

I prefer players who speak their minds than those who speak in cliches.

Old
05-15-2017, 07:11 AM
sandviper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
I haven't watched that closely but is been impressed every time ive seen him.
I also felt he's been solid in the playoffs, but he did struggle yesterday and Kesler definitely got to him.

Old
05-15-2017, 07:20 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I prefer players who speak their minds than those who speak in cliches.
Do you think he would have "spoke his mind" had Nashville won last night?

It's whining.

Old
05-15-2017, 07:23 AM
DAChampion

Quote:

It's whining.
It's drama it's personality and it's good for for the game.

If you don't like it you can probably find something else on Pacioretty's Twitter feed.

Old
05-15-2017, 07:25 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:

If you don't like it you can probably find something else on Pacioretty's Twitter feed.
Na I agree with you. Real drama is good.

He'll be mocked though im sure.

Old
05-15-2017, 07:26 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Na I agree with you. Real drama is good.
Oh ok !

Old
05-15-2017, 07:36 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:

It's whining
aaaah! he should have waited after a W...

guess I was right.

Old
05-15-2017, 07:44 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
aaaah! he should have waited after a W...

guess I was right.
I love you man...don't ever forget that.

Old
05-15-2017, 07:53 AM
Lshap
Global Moderator

Quote:

This is true. We've gotten so accustomed to the Canadian model of monotone, hyper-polite athletes, that we've forgotten the whole point of sports: Passion. Sure, a player showing his feelings will be mocked, or make some fans angry, but unless the guy is outright offensive he should be applauded for letting his passion out of the barn.

Old
05-15-2017, 07:59 AM
DAChampion

Johansen is talking like he's in the NBA.

Old
05-15-2017, 08:23 AM
E82

It's more and more clear that Ellis and Josi struggle mightily in their zone. Ekholm and Subban definitely have been the better defensive pairing.

Old
05-15-2017, 08:46 AM
Tuggy

Only been 2 games and Johansen is complaining in the media about Kesler. He's in for a long series. This just feeds Kesler more.

Old
05-15-2017, 09:06 AM
WhiskeySeven*
Expect the expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos514 View Post
New poster here, been reading for quite some time before deciding to join. I just have to say that I am praying Pittsburgh destroys Ottawa tonight. I cannot stand all this Karlsson love. It's sickening. He has one good playoffs and all of a sudden he's the saviour Karlsson is NOT generational! He's a forward posing as a defenceman and doesn't even know how to play D! Subban is just as good as Karlsson, if not better, and he gets far less respect and media attention because he plays in a non traditional market. Look at a Preds game and tell me PK doesn't do all the same things "King Karlsson" does. He's BETTER! SERIOUSLY! Can't believe we gave him away.....Go Pens! Go Preds!
Welcome!

I disagree... Karlsson is an epic talent and his vision is unparalleled. Hockey is a fluid game, it doesn't matter if you're a forward playing D or a D playing forward - as long as you help the team win. Karlsson is borderline legendary, learn to appreciate him.

Old
05-15-2017, 09:18 AM
Et le But

Quote:
By speaking his mind instead of speaking in cliches about good ol' farmboy hard work? Johansen has 13 points in 12 playoff games, I'll take that over responding to interviews in nothing but grunts like Weber or cliches like Pacioretty any day.

Kesler is a *****, everyone knows it. It's why he's effective, but I think players like that deserve to be called out on.

Old
05-15-2017, 09:52 AM
Kenny Powders

That shift we're the preds kept shooting on goal and all the Anaheim players juste dived down in front of the net to save a goal. Habs sure never did that

Old
05-15-2017, 10:10 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
I don't see it. Karlsson makes more mistakes with Ottawa than Subban with Predators. He is over-rated for me. Break down his so-called "vision" plays.
1) His "oh wow incredible" pass to Brassard to tie the Boston game was not that special. Weber could have made that play.
2) His "highlight reel" saucer pass was more luck than anything. Hoffman doesn't score and nobody is talking about it.
3) His slap passes and goal against the Rangers were pedestrian at best. Nothing special at ALL about those plays. Brent Burns would do that 9/10......

Could be just me but i'm in the minority that see Karlsson as nothing more than a mediocre defenceman with some top 6 forward talent. Might also be because I absolutely hate Ottawa.
My response to your points is that Karlsson is properly rated and Subban is underrated. If EK had developed on the Habs he would have been undermined by the Therrien-Desharnais administration and might have been traded for Shea Weber.

EK is a great player. 80 points a year for a defenseman with weak forward support doesn't just happen.

Old
05-15-2017, 10:13 AM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Its the PK effect.

Old
05-15-2017, 10:15 AM
LaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
That shift we're the preds kept shooting on goal and all the Anaheim players juste dived down in front of the net to save a goal. Habs sure never did that
We did it against the caps couple pf years ago. It's not very effective though. Honestly Anaheim was a little bit lucky the game was not tied.

Old
05-15-2017, 10:25 AM
Peanut

Damn Johansen is sure letting Kesler get to him only 4 points in 2 games. I hate to see what happens with last change in Nashville now. lol

Old
05-15-2017, 10:27 AM
WhiskeySeven*
Expect the expected

Quote:
I don't see it. Karlsson makes more mistakes with Ottawa than Subban with Predators. He is over-rated for me. Break down his so-called "vision" plays.
1) His "oh wow incredible" pass to Brassard to tie the Boston game was not that special. Weber could have made that play.
2) His "highlight reel" saucer pass was more luck than anything. Hoffman doesn't score and nobody is talking about it.
3) His slap passes and goal against the Rangers were pedestrian at best. Nothing special at ALL about those plays. Brent Burns would do that 9/10......

Could be just me but i'm in the minority that see Karlsson as nothing more than a mediocre defenceman with some top 6 forward talent. Might also be because I absolutely hate Ottawa.
You shouldn't hate Ottawa. They're a very well run organisation with severe handicaps in finances, location, and taxes/weather and they're competing better than the Habs. A model franchise.

Making mistakes is part of the game, but for every mistake Karlsson makes he makes that many more amazing plays that overall add up to win you games and series.

1) Weber didn't make that play. He might have the talent but not the vision or confidence. Everyone in the NHL is very skilled, not everyone knows how to use their skill
2) Sure, but he did score and people are talking about it. Give him credit
3) A goal is a goal, who cares if its pedestrian? They need to win games and you win games by scoring more than the other team. Karlsson is exceptional at that exact skill and they properly built around him. Burns is great too, you're comparing two top5 d-men.

Karlsson is an elite talent and his defensive game isn't poor by any means. Just think about it like a fluid, sliding scale and less like three different phases. Karlsson may look not-as-good in one phase (defense) but he's so damn good in transitioning and attacking that he tilts the scales in such a way that he wins games almost single handedly.

Jay Bouwmeester was (or is) great defensively. He'll never win a cup a a top d-man. Why is that? He doesn't tilt the ice all that well. Other teams find ways to score on him, despite his great D, and he doesn't find ways to score on them because he doesn't have that in him. Every player, even the best, make mistakes and get scored on - not every player except the very best can do the same in return and then some. Weber suffers from Jay Bouw syndrome, but at least Weber is a weapon on the PP.

Would you prefer a d-man who looks good in his zone or a d-man who looks like a forward but actually wins you games and gives you a chance to come back if you're behind?

Old
05-15-2017, 10:31 AM
LyricalLyricist
Retired

Quote:

"This game is longer than Marchands nose"?

Old
05-15-2017, 10:39 AM
RickP

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82 View Post
It's more and more clear that Ellis and Josi struggle mightily in their zone. Ekholm and Subban definitely have been the better defensive pairing.
Yeah I think it's been clear since round 1. But Ellis-Josi are more dynamic offensively. Ekholm-Subban could be more dynamic but it would potentially hurt their defensive play, and since they play against the top lines, I think they have the right balance between offense/defense.

I expect the Ellis-Josi pairing to make the difference offensively in the next games in Nashville. They won't have to worry about Getzlaf, and they're due (especially Ellis) for a big game.

Old
05-15-2017, 10:40 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Karlsson is a tool and has a face only his mother would , hes good and all, but cheering for him is the equivalent of cheering for satan.

If you do it, might as well turn in your Habs fan membership.

And no, doing it to prove a point against the organisation doesnt excuse it.

Old
05-15-2017, 10:53 AM
Ozymandias
#firebergevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Karlsson is a tool and has a face only his mother would , hes good and all, but cheering for him is the equivalent of cheering for satan.

If you do it, might as well turn in your Habs fan membership.

And no, doing it to prove a point against the organisation doesnt excuse it.
The fandom police has spoken.

Record set strsight

Closed Thread