HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Out of Town Thread - Conference Finals Pt. 2

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2017, 10:54 AM
Peanut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Karlsson is a tool and has a face only his mother would , hes good and all, but cheering for him is the equivalent of cheering for satan.

If you do it, might as well turn in your Habs fan membership.

And no, doing it to prove a point against the organisation doesnt excuse it.

Is there rules that you can't enjoy watching other players in the NHL if they don't play for the Habs?

Old
05-15-2017, 10:57 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Is there rules that you can't enjoy watching other players in the NHL if they don't play for the Habs?
Theres plenty of other, better players in the league. Im a fan of the Pens, the Ducks, the Sharks, The Preds, Caps, Jackets, Coyotes... Theres a bunch or great players out there.

Ill never cheer for Karlsson or Matthews or Eichel no matter how good they are.

Old
05-15-2017, 10:58 AM
WhiskeySeven*
Expect the expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Karlsson is a tool and has a face only his mother would , hes good and all, but cheering for him is the equivalent of cheering for satan.

If you do it, might as well turn in your Habs fan membership.

And no, doing it to prove a point against the organisation doesnt excuse it.
I really can't stand this kind of thinking. You're officially a Foxhole Fred now, turn in your HF badge, you're out the group.

Karlsson plays the right way, we need more like him. And the Sens are a Canadian team and earned their right to compete here. Ain't nothing to do with the crappy Habs.

The only franchise that will always be horrible is the Bruins, every REAL Habs fan knows that.

Old
05-15-2017, 11:01 AM
badbrains
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
"This game is longer than Marchands nose"?
That was funny and refreshingly uncharacteristic from Max. Then he followed up with this,

“I was trying to to be funny earlier, and it didn’t work. I apologize to Marchand and won’t try to be funny that way in the future.”

Which was oh-so Pacioretty predictable, lame and boring. You just burned the biggest turd on the entire Bruins team and you apologize for it? Yuck.

Old
05-15-2017, 11:17 AM
sandviper

I can get not liking players... plenty don't like PK for example. However, as hockey fans, we can appreciate hockey talent. For example, Marchand is a great player but I think he is a total dbag and plays for a team I hate. I'll cheer against him, and I suppose grudgingly cheer for him internationally, but in NHL play, yeah, I ain't cheering for him.

I don't mind EK, Matthews or Eichel though even though I hate their teams. Marchand I actually dislike, but acknowledge his abilities.

Old
05-15-2017, 11:30 AM
LyricalLyricist
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos514 View Post
New poster here, been reading for quite some time before deciding to join. I just have to say that I am praying Pittsburgh destroys Ottawa tonight. I cannot stand all this Karlsson love. It's sickening. He has one good playoffs and all of a sudden he's the saviour Karlsson is NOT generational! He's a forward posing as a defenceman and doesn't even know how to play D! Subban is just as good as Karlsson, if not better, and he gets far less respect and media attention because he plays in a non traditional market. Look at a Preds game and tell me PK doesn't do all the same things "King Karlsson" does. He's BETTER! SERIOUSLY! Can't believe we gave him away.....Go Pens! Go Preds!
I'm not sure if the bold is a joke or not. Subban played us for years...you know a bigger market than Ottawa. The trade brought about huge coverage as well...

Old
05-15-2017, 11:32 AM
Peanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandviper View Post
I can get not liking players... plenty don't like PK for example. However, as hockey fans, we can appreciate hockey talent. For example, Marchand is a great player but I think he is a total dbag and plays for a team I hate. I'll cheer against him, and I suppose grudgingly cheer for him internationally, but in NHL play, yeah, I ain't cheering for him.

I don't mind EK, Matthews or Eichel though even though I hate their teams. Marchand I actually dislike, but acknowledge his abilities.
This is the way I look at it as well. Its hard not to admire possession beast like EK, Matthews, and Eichel.

The only players I truly hate and despise are Gryba and Marincin unless the Habs are playing against them. The fact those 2 D are in the NHL and they can't find someone better makes me angry some other young guns aren't getting a shot.

Old
05-15-2017, 12:40 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Karlsson plays the right way? What's that? Getting lucky goals? Getting praised for every pass he makes? FFS he's getting praised for being ON THE ICE just because it happens to be for GWG. I've said it before and i'll say it again, Karlsson is NOT a generational talent, he's not even CLOSE to any real elite caliber defencemen. I can almost guarantee he'll regress next year to under 60 pts and by 30 years old he'll be a washed up has-been. Why? Because he's a MEDIOCRE Dman playing ELITE minutes. Mentioning him in the same class as Lidstrom, Orr, Bourque is just disgusting He's barely a top pairing D man and the ONLY reason he has so many points is because Ottawa has anemic offense and he plays so many minutes.
At least you're making falsifiable predictions. Whether you're right or wrong, we'll know.

Lidstrom is well regarded in part because he played well consistently, into his late 30s. If EK, Hedman, and Subban are as good in ten years as they are now, they'll be spoken of in the same way.

Old
05-15-2017, 12:41 PM
Suiteness

Quote:
He's barely a top pairing D man and the ONLY reason he has so many points is because Ottawa has anemic offense and he plays so many minutes.
Let me get this straight. If we were to put Jeff Pertry in Karlsson's spot with the same amount of minutes and everything, you think they would put similar numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbrains View Post

“I was trying to to be funny earlier, and it didn’t work. I apologize to Marchand and won’t try to be funny that way in the future.”

Which was oh-so Pacioretty predictable, lame and boring. You just burned the biggest turd on the entire Bruins team and you apologize for it? Yuck.
I'm going to wager that whoever is running PR for the Canadiens (Donald Beauchamp?) was blowing up his phone 25 seconds after he published the tweet to tell him to retract it ASAP.

Old
05-15-2017, 12:43 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Expect the expected

Quote:
Karlsson plays the right way? What's that? Getting lucky goals? Getting praised for every pass he makes? FFS he's getting praised for being ON THE ICE just because it happens to be for GWG. I've said it before and i'll say it again, Karlsson is NOT a generational talent, he's not even CLOSE to any real elite caliber defencemen. I can almost guarantee he'll regress next year to under 60 pts and by 30 years old he'll be a washed up has-been. Why? Because he's a MEDIOCRE Dman playing ELITE minutes. Mentioning him in the same class as Lidstrom, Orr, Bourque is just disgusting He's barely a top pairing D man and the ONLY reason he has so many points is because Ottawa has anemic offense and he plays so many minutes.
I retract your welcome to HF.

Old
05-15-2017, 12:44 PM
sandviper

Quote:
EK is elite. I personally don't think he is generational, but he is definitely right up there among the best offensive Dmen in the league. His defensive game is also underrated.

I know Corsi is something people don't like discussion but he has a career 57% CF% in regular season, almost 59% in the playoffs. That is a crazy stat. The fact you mention it's all because he plays elite minutes is kind of mind-boggling. All of the top Dmen will play 25 minutes+.

Just the eyeball test can show how good he is. The guy takes like 3 strides and he's at full speed. He is carrying this Ottawa team right now. Will he regress? Maybe, but no question he is the best Dman in the playoffs right now.

Old
05-15-2017, 12:49 PM
Suiteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandviper View Post

I know Corsi is something people don't like discussion but he has a career 57% CF% in regular season, almost 59% in the playoffs. That is a crazy stat. The fact you mention it's all because he plays elite minutes is kind of mind-boggling. All of the top Dmen will play 25 minutes+.
They also showed that he's been on the ice for all the GWG for the Senators in the playoffs this year. He scored two, assisted on four and was on ice for the rest. Just ridiculous.

Old
05-15-2017, 12:52 PM
windycity

I hope if Nashville wins the Cup, that PK brings it to Mtl. What an epic troll of Bargain Bin that would be

Old
05-15-2017, 12:56 PM
SirClintonPortis
ProudCapitalsTraitor

Quote:
I'm not saying our defencemen are any better, but I absolutely cannot stand how people keep talking about a defencemen who is a complete liability in his own end, and who just happens to reap the benefits of other players' goals. Like I said before, many of his "highlight reel" plays are off the radar if they don't score. You think CBC, Sportsnet and TSN would be hearthrobbing over these so called plays if the puck doesn't go in? For example, his "wonder" saucer pass to Hoffman was 99% due to Hoffmans scoring ability. Anyone can sauce a puck.....it takes skill to score the goal. Most competent defensemen in the leage could skate across a blueline and make a cross ice pass......Hedman is 10x the defenceman Karlsson is and Burns is 10x the offensive power that he is. Sorry but he's mediocre at best. Riding a hot streak on a garbage team that has no business being in the ECF. They're LUCKY, NOT SKILLED.
You are describing Mike Green, not Karlsson.

Being a defensive liability does not detract from Karlsson's offense. Burns has more help with guys like Thornton and Pavelski. Ottawa's best forward is Stone and they don't have any Uber talents elsewhere. Just solid guys at best.

Hoffman wouldn't have that saucer placed with consistency if a Perry or Larsson was in Katlssom's place.

Scoring at nearly a PPG as a defenseman and no superstar forwards is an amazing feat, and he has done it for 8 years.

Last edited by SirClintonPortis: 05-15-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old
05-15-2017, 01:00 PM
DAChampion

Who won the Bobby Ryan trade?

Old
05-15-2017, 01:02 PM
sandviper

Quote:
Sorry but being on the ice for all of the GWG is a bogus stat that someone at TSN dug up to keep their mancrush on him alive. The refs and linesmen were on the ice for all the GWG too, lets fall in love with them

Josi + Ellis >>>> Karlsson + Methot

Sorry but it's true
Honestly, if we are talking pairings, I'd take Subban and Ekholm.

However, EK deserves all the credit he's been given. He is the sole reason Ottawa is still in this. Just because the stats say he was on the ice for all GWG, it doesn't make it any less important. Sure, somebody else could have been on the ice... but they weren't. He was (along with the other players obviously).

Old
05-15-2017, 01:03 PM
SirClintonPortis
ProudCapitalsTraitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Who won the Bobby Ryan trade?
Anaheim. Got the more consistent and outright deadly playoff forward.

But if Ottawa wins the Cup, Bobby wasn't a total waste.

Old
05-15-2017, 01:04 PM
Tuggy

Oh look, a new poster trying to get attention by making stupid and controversial statements

Old
05-15-2017, 01:07 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Expect the expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Oh look, a new poster trying to get attention by making stupid and controversial statements
This has been the quickest I've IL'd someone

Old
05-15-2017, 01:09 PM
E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickP View Post
Yeah I think it's been clear since round 1. But Ellis-Josi are more dynamic offensively. Ekholm-Subban could be more dynamic but it would potentially hurt their defensive play, and since they play against the top lines, I think they have the right balance between offense/defense.

I expect the Ellis-Josi pairing to make the difference offensively in the next games in Nashville. They won't have to worry about Getzlaf, and they're due (especially Ellis) for a big game.
One hundred percent with you on that. I was just pointed out to the narrative about specifically Subban not being a top defensive dman.

Old
05-15-2017, 01:10 PM
Tankster*

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
I hope if Nashville wins the Cup, that PK brings it to Mtl. What an epic troll of Bargain Bin that would be
Yeah we have heard this before. But the Ducks are going to win so it really doesn't matter.

Old
05-15-2017, 01:10 PM
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I really can't stand this kind of thinking. You're officially a Foxhole Fred now, turn in your HF badge, you're out the group.

Karlsson plays the right way, we need more like him. And the Sens are a Canadian team and earned their right to compete here. Ain't nothing to do with the crappy Habs.

The only franchise that will always be horrible is the Bruins, every REAL Habs fan knows that.

Old
05-15-2017, 01:19 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedunceofhockey View Post
Yeah we have heard this before. But the Ducks are going to win so it really doesn't matter.
Hmm, you sound like Keith Jones on NBC who said after the 1st period of Game 5 Oilers vs Ducks that the Oilers were definitely winning the series.

Old
05-15-2017, 02:04 PM
Emily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
It's been a real epidemic here on HFHabs lately.

Old
05-15-2017, 02:12 PM
Rockomax

Quote:
I get it, not many people agree with my opinions but its how I see it. It's been frustrating me for over a week to read all these posters fall in love with Karlsson who is a mediocre defenseman and is average at best. I hate the Sens and seeing them where they are is killing me, because they're 100% a luck team. They have no skill and the only reason they're in the ECF is by PURE LUCK. We should be in the ECF and I guarantee you we'd beat the Pens if we played them.
Not true, especially with Karlsson on the back end. Even if he has had bad seasons, Bobby Ryan is a skilled forward. Mark Stone is skilled, Mike Hoffman too. Ceci, Brassard and Turris are all somewhat skilled. They're probably more skilled overall than the Habs.

I dislike them very much as well, but I haven't found them overly lucky so far. And they certainly have skill.

Closed Thread