HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Marc Bergevin - Who Needs Skill When You Can Throw the Puck in Your Own Net Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-16-2017, 12:42 PM
  #1
jayhabs
Registered User
 
jayhabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In a Barred Spiral
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Marc Bergevin - Who Needs Skill When You Can Throw the Puck in Your Own Net Edition

Old one was full
Explanation of the title.

jayhabs is offline  
Old
05-16-2017, 12:45 PM
  #2
Patccmoi
Registered User
 
Patccmoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhabs View Post
Old one was full
Explanation of the title.
This is hilarious. Never saw it before, thanks

Patccmoi is online now  
Old
05-16-2017, 12:51 PM
  #3
jayhabs
Registered User
 
jayhabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In a Barred Spiral
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
This is hilarious. Never saw it before, thanks
no problem.

jayhabs is offline  
Old
05-16-2017, 12:54 PM
  #4
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montrealer in Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 10,392
vCash: 500
The metaphor is beautiful.

How is this not brought up more often?

habtastic is offline  
Old
05-16-2017, 01:12 PM
  #5
LaP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec City, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,977
vCash: 500
One of the most hilarious goal in the history of the league no doubt.

LaP is offline  
Old
05-16-2017, 01:14 PM
  #6
Maitz
Registered User
 
Maitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 500
not giving a lot of importance for that information but Laraque on 91.9 said that he heard the organisation will trade Beaulieu and Galchenyuk this summer.

Maitz is offline  
Old
05-16-2017, 01:14 PM
  #7
Adam Michaels
Registered User
 
Adam Michaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,739
vCash: 500
He's in Europe scouting. I'm sure he now has eyes for the Italian defenseman who scored in his own net yesterday.

Adam Michaels is online now  
Old
05-16-2017, 01:16 PM
  #8
OriginalCanadian
Registered User
 
OriginalCanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Hammer
Country: Canada
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
This is amazing! How do you even manage to do that...

OriginalCanadian is offline  
Old
05-16-2017, 01:17 PM
  #9
BLASPHEMOUS
LEBBRRRAAAWWNNNNN
 
BLASPHEMOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitz View Post
not giving a lot of importance for that information but Laraque on 91.9 said that he heard the organisation will trade Beaulieu and Galchenyuk this summer.
I'm going to assume those players will be used as a pitch to Colorado, along with other potential assets.....though I would barely call Beaulieu an asset at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Michaels View Post
He's in Europe scouting. I'm sure he now has eyes for the Italian defenseman who scored in his own net yesterday.


Probably sees another version of him.

BLASPHEMOUS is offline  
Old
05-16-2017, 01:18 PM
  #10
Maitz
Registered User
 
Maitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASPHEMOUS View Post
I'm going to assume those players will be used as a pitch to Colorado, along with other potential assets.....though I would barely call Beaulieu an asset at this point.
Pretty sure Beaulieu has 0 value... that's sad...

Maitz is offline  
Old
05-16-2017, 01:19 PM
  #11
Adam Michaels
Registered User
 
Adam Michaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitz View Post
not giving a lot of importance for that information but Laraque on 91.9 said that he heard the organisation will trade Beaulieu and Galchenyuk this summer.
I just read that info online. I take what Laraque says with a huge grain of salt. This guy says anything and everything and I have yet to hear what he has revealed as inside info come true. Just at the trade deadline he said on a Friday that during the weekend, there would be a huge trade involving Montreal and Edmonton. He had promised that on Monday, the Canadiens and Oilers would have a different look. Sure, pal!

And in all honesty, it doesn't take Laraque to think that either or both will be gone this summer. This discussion has been ongoing just around here for months now.

Adam Michaels is online now  
Old
05-16-2017, 01:22 PM
  #12
LaP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec City, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitz View Post
not giving a lot of importance for that information but Laraque on 91.9 said that he heard the organisation will trade Beaulieu and Galchenyuk this summer.
No way josé.

I mean really it's like predicting the sun will rise tomorrow ...

LaP is offline  
Old
05-16-2017, 01:22 PM
  #13
jayhabs
Registered User
 
jayhabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In a Barred Spiral
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalCanadian View Post
This is amazing! How do you even manage to do that...
Pucks at da net! (Michel T voice). Which net was never specified

jayhabs is offline  
Old
05-16-2017, 01:26 PM
  #14
OnTheRun
Unsung Hero
 
OnTheRun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Michaels View Post
I just read that info online. I take what Laraque says with a huge grain of salt. This guy says anything and everything and I have yet to hear what he has revealed as inside info come true. Just at the trade deadline he said on a Friday that during the weekend, there would be a huge trade involving Montreal and Edmonton. He had promised that on Monday, the Canadiens and Oilers would have a different look. Sure, pal!

And in all honesty, it doesn't take Laraque to think that either or both will be gone this summer. This discussion has been ongoing just around here for months now.
I mean... Laraque is just stating the obvious at this point. The odds for Beaulieu/Galchenuyk to be dangled around as trade baits by Bergevin are pretty high.

Wake me up if Laraque come up with specific details on a trade involving Brolieu/AG.

OnTheRun is offline  
Old
05-16-2017, 01:27 PM
  #15
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 16,336
vCash: 500
If Flyers take Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, 1st for Claude Giroux then they're gone.

DAChampion is offline  
Old
05-16-2017, 01:30 PM
  #16
Tank Toad
Registered User
 
Tank Toad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
What I find amazing is that MB threads are up and fill up in less then a week while the habs are on the golf course!

Tank Toad is online now  
Old
05-16-2017, 02:05 PM
  #17
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 2,173
vCash: 500
The pressure is all on Bergevin in the upcoming season: for years the AHL organization failed to give our prospects playoffs experience, Timmins’s track record upfront is average at best and the Canadiens so called “window of opportunity” is getting thinner.

That said, regarding skills and Bergevin... he did sign Radulov and made room for Lehkonen and Danault in the top 9. Galchenyuk reaching a plateau after 5 years of slow but steady progress did hurt.


PS I am not giving up on Galchenyuk: he has enough skills to become a solid top 6 contributor.

Kjell Dahlin is offline  
Old
05-16-2017, 02:09 PM
  #18
Bryson
Registered User
 
Bryson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank Toad View Post
What I find amazing is that MB threads are up and fill up in less then a week while the habs are on the golf course!
Arguing on the internet with random strangers is serious business.

Bryson is online now  
Old
05-16-2017, 02:48 PM
  #19
Mr Jackpot
Registered User
 
Mr Jackpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
“window of opportunity”
I don't buy the window argument, it's the opposite, in the last 5 years we didn't have a contender team, not with DD and Plek as our top 2 centers, so there was no window there, the window of opportunity was never there to begin with. What we mostly experienced in the last 5 years was the departure of many veterans to make room for younger players.

When we look at age of the team, it's still young, Danault, Lehkonen, Gallagher, Galch, Shaw, Mccarron, all in their 23-24 years old, Sergachev is 18, this team is built for many years to come, so there's no window's closing. Our top 2 forwards Pacioretty and Radulov are 27 and 30 years old, it's not like they are 35-36 and we must win the cup RIGHT NOW, no it's the opposite, the core of the team is still young.

Weber at 31 is not old, there's no window with him. Carey Price is 29 years old he has a lot of years ahead of him, when we see Pekka Rinne this year who is an early Conn Smythe candidate at 35 years old, and in 2012 Brodeur made the cup final at 40 years old.

So people just calm down with the window, this team is well built for the next 5-6 years. Right now there's 2 thing that we need to wish:

-a healthy Price

-a good progression and learning curve of the young players that we have in the organisation (Danault, Sergachev, Lehkonen, Hudon, etc etc)

Mr Jackpot is offline  
Old
05-16-2017, 02:52 PM
  #20
Tankster*
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: St Jean (US export)
Country: United States
Posts: 1,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
If Flyers take Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, 1st for Claude Giroux then they're gone.
Oh hooray, 8.5 million dollar Gomez number 2.

Tankster* is offline  
Old
05-16-2017, 02:55 PM
  #21
Ozymandias
#firebergevin
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedunceofhockey View Post
Oh hooray, 8.5 million dollar Gomez number 2.
Despite all of Giroux's skills, we need someone bigger.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
05-16-2017, 02:58 PM
  #22
BatVader
Dark Sith Knight
 
BatVader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Imperial Gotham
Country: Albania
Posts: 3,861
vCash: 500
Anyone seen this on the main trade boards?

Andreas Borgman (SHL rookie of the year) signing in NHL
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2347591

Apparently he's an LD who is signed or is in the process of signing in the NHL, but no one knows which team.

What's the chances, Bergevin signs this kid and trades Sergachev for Duchene?
I know it's Bergevin and it's a lot to ask, considering his track record, but he is a D-man GM, so maybe...


***for those interested, here's this kids info from eliteprospects***
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=85683




***UPDATE***
Forget it. Apparently he has signed in Toronto.


Last edited by BatVader: 05-16-2017 at 03:10 PM.
BatVader is offline  
Old
05-16-2017, 02:59 PM
  #23
Ozymandias
#firebergevin
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jackpot View Post
I don't buy the window argument, it's the opposite, in the last 5 years we didn't have a contender team, not with DD and Plek as our top 2 centers, so there was no window there, the window of opportunity was never there to begin with. What we mostly experienced in the last 5 years was the departure of many veterans to make room for younger players.

When we look at age of the team, it's still young, Danault, Lehkonen, Gallagher, Galch, Shaw, Mccarron, all in their 23-24 years old, Sergachev is 18, this team is built for many years to come, so there's no window's closing. Our top 2 forwards Pacioretty and Radulov are 27 and 30 years old, it's not like they are 35-36 and we must win the cup RIGHT NOW, no it's the opposite, the core of the team is still young.

Weber at 31 is not old, there's no window with him. Carey Price is 29 years old he has a lot of years ahead of him, when we see Pekka Rinne this year who is an early Conn Smythe candidate at 35 years old, and in 2012 Brodeur made the cup final at 40 years old.

So people just calm down with the window, this team is well built for the next 5-6 years. Right now there's 2 thing that we need to wish:

-a healthy Price

-a good progression and learning curve of the young players that we have in the organisation (Danault, Sergachev, Lehkonen, Hudon, etc etc)
You underrate the importance of Markov and the huge hole he will leave and Sergachev is nowhere near ready to fill that hole and it's not a sure thing that he will be able to adequately replace the general.

Radulov hasn't re-signed yet.

And there's still this huge hole at center.

And there's still the question of underperforming veterans in the playoffs, mainly Casperretty who scores most of his goals against bottom feeders.

Oh and Price hasn't signed his extention yet.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
05-16-2017, 03:14 PM
  #24
Tankster*
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: St Jean (US export)
Country: United States
Posts: 1,249
vCash: 500
I would laugh so hard if MB pulled off a Tavares or Mackinnon deal.

Tankster* is offline  
Old
05-16-2017, 03:22 PM
  #25
E82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedunceofhockey View Post
I would laugh so hard if MB pulled off a Tavares or Mackinnon deal.
I think every one on this board would laugh. It will be a complete shocker since it took just about 5 years.

E82 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.