HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marc Bergevin - Who Needs Skill When You Can Throw the Puck in Your Own Net Edition

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2017, 08:03 PM
Nedved

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4br3cqu3 View Post
Damn, this is quite depressing to read, especially since everything is true...

Bergevin might fix all that this summer. In fact, I think he has to if he wants to keep his job, but that's exactly what's scary, we don't have a lot of quality depth, prospect wise, not a lot of valuable assets to trade, and our 'core' is still not enough to think we only need to add 1 or 2 pieces.

Now, the worse of what you said could also happen.

If he can't replace Markov soon (and I'm not even sure Sergachev will be able, Markov is a special player, most fans will have a rude wake up when he retires and we don't have anybody to feed to puck to our forwards), we'll be in trouble.

If Radulov doesn't re-sign, damn we will lack creativity and intensity like never before, Pacioretty can't bring that.

Then add the Galchenyuk possible departure, and we'll be down another top 6 player... and Beaulieu, despite his shortcomings (mental side especially), was our 3rd best scoring D, PPG wise at least.

And if we begin the season with that same center line...

Add Price to that, who holds ALL the cards.

It definitely could be his 'last moves'. And he could blow it up...

But if he blow things apart, at least we'll have the obligation to go through a rebuild, finally.

Oh well...
you know what depressed me? shaw. I cannot believe what we gave up and then paid a third liner. it's mind boggling how bad MB wanted Shaw.

I'm concerned this team is going in the wrong direction, and it's only going to get painfully bad before it gets better.

Old
05-16-2017, 08:34 PM
Tyson

In desperation mode MB will get fleeced. Scary times to be a Habs fan watching the Keystone Cops in charge.

Old
05-16-2017, 08:37 PM
NobleSix
Max Patio-Ready

vCash: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
In desperation mode MB will get fleeced. Scary times to be a Habs fan watching the Keystone Cops in charge.
This summer will be the beginning of the end of this regime. Some horrible trade will continue the dominoe effect that started with last summer's debacle.

Old
05-16-2017, 08:39 PM
SnapVirus

He needs to :

-Send an offersheet to Johansen, Draisatl or Drouin. If none works sign Joe Thornton to a 2 years 6M$ deal.
-Let Vegas pick Plekanec (send them a pick)
-Trade Beaulieu for a 3rd or 2nd round pick
-Try to sign Alzner or Kulikov.
-Trade for Ilya Kovalchuk's rights.

Dont. Trade. Chucky. You. Son. Of. A. Witch.

Old
05-16-2017, 08:43 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

What's the big deal we got Jordie right?

Old
05-16-2017, 08:59 PM
habsfanatics*

The problem is he wins some of these little meaningless deals when you look at them in isolation, but they are not what we need and seldom make us better.

The biggest deal he made negates any positives he makes on the tinkering type deals anyways. Trading Subban more than puts him in a deficit, but even then, he's starting to lose the minor deals as well.

Andrighetto for Martinsen was complete garbage and kind of backs the idea that he doesn't know what he's doing. Will Sven ever amount to a top 6 player, maybe not, but one thing is for sure, Martinsen won't.

Old
05-16-2017, 09:13 PM
monkza
Rookie User

why is this a thread

Old
05-16-2017, 10:27 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post

MB's legacy will depend on if he can address this.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes... but short of a miracle, what in his 6 years running the team gives any reason for optimism that he has it in him to address this obvious need, which has been there since the day he arrived?

His legacy is already well established, now we're just stuck waiting to see just how long his mediocre term will last... Fingers crossed it mercifully ends before he makes another major blunder that sets us even further back

Old
05-16-2017, 10:32 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes... but short of a miracle, what in his 6 years running the team gives any reason for optimism that he has it in him to address this obvious need, which has been there since the day he arrived?

His legacy is already well established, now we're just stuck waiting to see just how long his mediocre term will last... Fingers crossed it mercifully ends before he makes another major blunder that sets us even further back
He joined the team in 2012 no? It's 2017. That's 5 years.

As for the rest, you're probably right but for the good of the habs we hope.

Old
05-16-2017, 10:36 PM
RRS

vCash: 60
Right now honestly, the best thing Bergevin can do is hold on to Galchenyuk, keep his draft picks and draft well the next couple of years.

I don't want nothing to do with patching holes in return of prospects and 1st round picks. If we suck next year, then be it, we can get up stronger if we accumulate the assets, wether it's prospects or vets that can be traded and replaced by prospects.

Old
05-16-2017, 10:43 PM
Miller Time

Quote:

6th offseason... Sly not fired yet & his typical post season debacle of a press conference (not what was said, how it was said) suggest more of the same this summer, sadly.

Without a clear/obvious replacement candidate, I'd normally favour stability vs firing just for the sake of change... especially with his solid RS record & decent playoff record... but imo he's shown several instances of the kind of lack of judgement/poor asset Management/eratic behavior that should be almost automatic fireable offences. It's the big leagues, teams either commit to excellence and hold that level of accountability on their process, if not results, or they settle for mediocrity.

I wish the habs had higher standards, no reason why a franchise like ours doesn't

Old
05-16-2017, 11:03 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
6th offseason... Sly not fired yet & his typical post season debacle of a press conference (not what was said, how it was said) suggest more of the same this summer, sadly.

Without a clear/obvious replacement candidate, I'd normally favour stability vs firing just for the sake of change... especially with his solid RS record & decent playoff record... but imo he's shown several instances of the kind of lack of judgement/poor asset Management/eratic behavior that should be almost automatic fireable offences. It's the big leagues, teams either commit to excellence and hold that level of accountability on their process, if not results, or they settle for mediocrity.

I wish the habs had higher standards, no reason why a franchise like ours doesn't
Starts at the ownership level, and Molson is a wimp who wears mom jeans.

Old
05-16-2017, 11:07 PM
Runner77

vCash: 9000
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkza View Post
why is this a thread
It should have been a monument.

Old
05-16-2017, 11:54 PM
NobleSix
Max Patio-Ready

vCash: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkza View Post
why is this a thread
Are you suggesting we don't talk about this team's general manager?

Old
05-16-2017, 11:56 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not sure I understand you. So holding people accountable is giving them other jobs in the organization? If you happen to find that the guy is bad at developing players....what job do you give him? Assistant coach in the NHL for d-men? Why would you do that? Development coach? How the heck is he then qualify for that?

I don't get it man. When NHL coaches are fired....are they demoted into something else? Why should it be different for AHL coaches?
That's only to run out their contract Levevbre doesn't have a contract.

Old
05-17-2017, 12:11 AM
Kriss E

Quote:

Hoping for the best at this point is immediate dismissal.
The guy is a ****ing bozo.

Old
05-17-2017, 12:30 AM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Hoping for the best at this point is immediate dismissal.
The guy is a ****ing bozo.
The guy created a hopeless circus charaterized by a main attraction centered upon a woeful cast of rotating scrubs. His act has died and he doesn't even know it.

However, the problem is that even Molson isn't aware that it's died out.

And because of this, we'll be exposed to his bluster and arrogance for at least another season. He's a charlatan whose doublespeak fools none of us here but somehow we're supposed to think that he should be trusted to do now, whatever it is he couldn't do during 5 years as GM.

Old
05-17-2017, 01:01 AM
Runner77

Old
05-17-2017, 01:08 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
The guy created a hopeless circus charaterized by a main attraction centered upon a woeful cast of rotating scrubs. His act has died and he doesn't even know it.

However, the problem is that even Molson isn't aware that it's died out.

And because of this, we'll be exposed to his bluster and arrogance for at least another season. He's a charlatan whose doublespeak fools none of us here but somehow we're supposed to think that he should be trusted to do now, whatever it is he couldn't do during 5 years as GM.
The further Nashville goes in the POs, the more Molson is paying attention imo. He just agreed to a huge deal last summer, that was supposed to increase the leadership of this team, be a better fit for us, and help the Captain. We go through another collapse, which forced the firing of the coach who had a fresh new contract.
They moved their biggest marketable guy and best player for no apparent reason. The #1 D position was not one of weakeness. We did not need any upgrade or help there.
But we were sold the move based on Weber being a better fit. Well, no, a better fit is what Nashville looks like, and if they make it to the Cup Finals with PK matching up vs Crosby like he did for us..I think Molson will have his eyes opened much wider next season.

Old
05-17-2017, 01:15 AM
BPD Habs Fan
Enemies Everywhere

vCash: 50
I am fearful that Marc is going to do something stupid out of desperation. The thing is that he doesn't need to be desperate because this organization hasn't been about winning for about as long as I can remember (at least 30 years).

If it was then it would be like the 70's when we had the best available people in the job and not the best available french speaking people (before I go any further I should disclose that I am a francophone but really really hate this about the habs).

As long as MB is able to make money for Molson then the on ice results don't matter. As long as the merch keeps selling and the building sells out and they keep being one of the largest grossing teams in the NHL they aren't going to care.

If all of a sudden 5000 people show up for games and revenues are down like 60% then it might get their attention but not before.

Old
05-17-2017, 01:15 AM
Runner77

Quote:
The further Nashville goes in the POs, the more Molson is paying attention imo. He just agreed to a huge deal last summer, that was supposed to increase the leadership of this team, be a better fit for us, and help the Captain. We go through another collapse, which forced the firing of the coach who had a fresh new contract.
They moved their biggest marketable guy and best player for no apparent reason. The #1 D position was not one of weakeness. We did not need any upgrade or help there.
But we were sold the move based on Weber being a better fit. Well, no, a better fit is what Nashville looks like, and if they make it to the Cup Finals with PK matching up vs Crosby like he did for us..I think Molson will have his eyes opened much wider next season.
I hope you're right. Maybe it'll take Subban parading on his own with the Cup, around the streets of downtown Montreal, to seal Bergevin's deal.

Old
05-17-2017, 01:48 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Habs Fan View Post
I am fearful that Marc is going to do something stupid out of desperation.
Too late for that. He started last summer.

Old
05-17-2017, 02:03 AM
Marc BargainBin
only on playstation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
He's a charlatan
Absolutely.

The arrogance he projects given the results is baffling.

Old
05-17-2017, 02:10 AM
Ozymandias
#firebergevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jackpot View Post
Buddy you 1st replied to my post where I was talking about the window, when you quote me can you please stay in the subject lol....
Doesn't mean my response had anything to do with your ramblings about 'windows'. It might come as a surprise to you, but you don't decide exactly what people may respond to in your posts. It might also come as a big shock to you, but when you expound on an argument, the details with which you argument mighf also come into question.

I was just putting a bit of realism into your "young team" argument and how even if the core is young, there are pretty good probabilities that we will see a significant drop in team performance in the coming years.

Whether you believe or not there was a window in the last 5 years, the core Bergevin inherited wasn't missing that many pieces to take the next step and were actually close to the top of the league. But now we're close to losing pieces instead of gaining any.

Old
05-17-2017, 02:16 AM
Ozymandias
#firebergevin

Quote:
IMO, either Molson doesn't really care as long as the money keeps pilling up, or he's just too dumb to come to the realization that Bergevin is incompetent.

Quite probably, both.

Closed Thread