HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

***Official GDT 3/25 Predators @ Kings***

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2006, 12:28 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rainer
I wish to god that they would do away with that stupid rule about the automatic point. It's useless. But then, I don't like the shoot-out to decide a game either.

Now that there is no more ties, there is no need for it, unless they want to make OT wins 3 points. The NBA, NFL and MLB make it real simple. You win or you lose and if you lose you get nothing, so if you want something win the game.

I think there should be 10 minute overtimes before a shootout anyways.

As for JR, I thought he played hard, he was on 4th line but he made some plays, he gave up his body to block the shot he got hurt on which he didn't do that much in Philly and he played effective PK which he also didn't do in Philly.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
03-26-2006, 12:29 AM
jfont

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Jim Fox says 8 wins. They're not going to go 12-0, including the game tonight. Kings now have 81, so hopefully the Kings can get up to 95-98 that should be enough to get in, a lot of these teams in the hunt play each other, hopefully there won't be many 3 point games.
hopefully more than 8 wins. cause they need them all...at least get points on those other 4 games. if they go on a win streak like UCLA heck, its a great momentum boost going into the playoffs!

03-26-2006, 12:29 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rainer
I wish to god that they would do away with that stupid rule about the automatic point. It's useless. But then, I don't like the shoot-out to decide a game either.
kings might need those one pointers down the stretch this year...

Old
03-26-2006, 12:30 AM
Captain Ron

I still can't believe the Kings scored 3 PP goals tonight......It was the first time the Kings have done this since beating Dallas on January 2nd.......and to think this was just Torchetti's 1st game as coach.....

Old
03-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Osprey

One thing that I noticed is that Visnovsky and Corvo both played as though nothing had changed. I saw them dump the puck in almost all the time and refrain from shooting. It was incredibly frustrating to watch. Hopefully, they're just slow learners and will catch up to the rest of the team in time.

Old
03-26-2006, 12:39 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
One thing that I noticed is that Visnovsky and Corvo both played as though nothing had changed. I saw them dump the puck in almost all the time and refrain from shooting. It was incredibly frustrating to watch. Hopefully, they're just slow learners and will catch up to the rest of the team in time.
ya but they actually had, for the most part, 2 people in on the chase. it wasn't a AM dump n' chase and watch the other team carry the puck out against us. There's a diff.

Old
03-26-2006, 12:40 AM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
kings might need those one pointers down the stretch this year...
Still don't like em.

03-26-2006, 12:53 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
oh come on...they can't skate it throught the blue line all the time...sometimes they have to dump and chase. otherwise, they'll all just wait at the blueline, kings cough up the puck and its an easy clear.

Old
03-26-2006, 12:53 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
The pre-game rap is seriously unstoppable.

Old
03-26-2006, 12:59 AM
ILuvLA

Just back from the game. The boys looked hungry and ready to roll. Once the final lead was attained, they didn't sit back, but kept pressuring the Preds. 6 goals and 48 shots on net. How long has it been since they've had that many shots on net and 6 goals in a game? Luc was rather chippy and mouthy tonight which was very enjoyable to watch. A solid effort, we got the 2 points, on to Canada.

Old
03-26-2006, 01:00 AM
HeShootseyScores

Preds fan here. No troll. Great game tonight, entertainment wise. First time this year we have lost in regulation when leading after 2. Vokoun was great and still gave up 6.

You guys were flying. Congrats on the win. I'd like to see you guys in the playoffs instead of your fellow Pacific Divsion foes and the Canadian teams.

Old
03-26-2006, 01:02 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootseyScores
Preds fan here. No troll. Great game tonight, entertainment wise. First time this year we have lost in regulation when leading after 2. Vokoun was great and still gave up 6.

You guys were flying. Congrats on the win. I'd like to see you guys in the playoffs instead of your fellow Pacific Divsion foes and the Canadian teams.
why thank you...and good luck to your preds the rest of the way...

Old
03-26-2006, 01:03 AM
willie

Quote:
I'd like to see you guys in the playoffs instead of your fellow Pacific Divsion foes and the Canadian teams.
Well there are six of us and if you put us & Colorado and in, 3 of the other 5 still have to make it...

Old
03-26-2006, 01:03 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
Just back from the game. The boys looked hungry and ready to roll. Once the final lead was attained, they didn't sit back, but kept pressuring the Preds. 6 goals and 48 shots on net. How long has it been since they've had that many shots on net and 6 goals in a game? Luc was rather chippy and mouthy tonight which was very enjoyable to watch. A solid effort, we got the 2 points, on to Canada.
haha Luc had a big hit tonight too! for Luc anyways

LUCKY! Easily the best game all season to go to...

::jealous::

Old
03-26-2006, 01:11 AM
ILuvLA

Quote:

Thanks. Good luck the rest of the way.

Old
03-26-2006, 01:16 AM
Quattro

great win, but i swear Sean Avery will be the death of this team. How many stupid penalties will this guy take before he is a healthy scratch?

Old
03-26-2006, 01:20 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro
great win, but i swear Sean Avery will be the death of this team. How many stupid penalties will this guy take before he is a healthy scratch?
He actually scores alot of cluth goals for us.

Old
03-26-2006, 01:22 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro
c'mon his pushups after his goal was a statement:

"i'm sorry for all the penalties... if i score a goal and do THREE pushups, doesn't that make up for it?"

Old
03-26-2006, 01:24 AM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceoffsRLikeWins4Us
He actually scores alot of cluth goals for us.
True, but he also puts LA back on their heels alot, killing off his undisciplined actions. Don't get me wrong, I love the energy he brings and he's scored some really timely goals for the team. BUT, he absolutely has to find a way to control himself when the "bad Sean" rears his head. He's GOT to know that he will never get the benefit of doubt with the officials, so why take the chance. Odds are that he's off to the box.

Old
03-26-2006, 01:28 AM
bacchusbuddha

Send a message via AIM to bacchusbuddha
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceoffsRLikeWins4Us
The pre-game rap is seriously unstoppable.

Old
03-26-2006, 02:35 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

just watched the game...and wow, was that the same Kings team we've been watching for the past 3 months? what a refreshing game to watch...the PP not only got set up tonight, but they also were able to gets shots on goal and score a few as well...i almost couldnt believe my eyes...

now i dont expect the team to play with the same intensity for the rest of the season, but i do expect them to become more accustomed to this new aggressive style of play and not have as many defensive lapses as they had tonight...now if we could get Demitra back, this team could do some serious damage...

Old
03-26-2006, 03:57 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
It was a really good game by our boys tonight. The changes were pretty obvious for anyone who has watched this team the whole year. We were attacking the whole game and we were never on our heals. 48 shots...WOW! The main difference I saw in our PP was that all 5 guys came up to the blue line at the same time and just flew into the zone...if the puck was dumped, they knew exactly where to go and we outnumbered the preds, if it was carried in, the other guys got into position to recieve the pass. The speed heading into the attacking zone was very impressive through out the game. When I went to the Kings/preds game earlier in the year (JR goal in SO) the preds were flying...tonight we were the one's flying. We also took the body very well. Getting Demitra back will provide that much more for this team. Having JR and Army come back is important IMO because even if they are not scoring they do the little things. We just need to practice more on defense under our new coach. I am very pleased with the energy and passion LA showed tonight. Avery doing push-ups didn't bother me one bit...he was disrespecting the other team but it just shows the kid in him and how much he loves the game...plus, with all the bad blood that was going on during the game, it was iceing on the cake.

GO KINGS GO!!!

Old
03-26-2006, 04:44 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
Ah I see another thing mentioned.

How much ice time did George Parros get, as opposed to how much he got under AM?

Old
03-26-2006, 04:47 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Okay Osprey, that's 1 game that our PP made the difference.

03-26-2006, 04:53 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
How much ice time did George Parros get, as opposed to how much he got under AM?
Basically, the same. 6:09 in Torchetti's first game and 6:49 in Murray's last. I wouldn't expect anyone's icetime to change too much, considering the circumstances.

Closed Thread