HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could we lose Kovy for tomorrow?

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Scotianhab

vCash: 500
I don't think he'll get suspended.

Old
03-25-2006, 10:36 PM
znk

He could if the league thinks it was indeed an elbow with intent to injure.

Old
03-25-2006, 10:39 PM
sposman

znk - i was just gonna say that. Given the way he got the puck, stick handled then lost the handle on the pick with just enough of time to plaster Tucker, there's a good case for it being an intent to injury

Old
03-25-2006, 10:43 PM
EBS111

its funny how none of the crappy leafs wanted a piece of either Downey, Murray or Souray

Old
03-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
So clearly Tucker's elbow on Komi while he was jumping as well AND his attempted murder with the elbow prior to Kovy's hit just because he didn't connected were clean as well.......

Boy, I guess I must have been taken out of context. I don't condone Tucker's actions in the first, the few seconds before, or basically his entire career. I am just shocked that some people though what Kovalev did was clean.

And yes, now that I think about it, my comparison with the McLaren hit was a little absurd. But I just can't rationalize what Kovalev did as being clean... I'm sorry, and I just thought since most of you guys were probably outraged at what McLaren did, one could see how you can't say what Kovalev was clean.

I didn't mean to come across ill-mannered, if I offended anyone I appologize, but coming from an unbiased fan, that was not a clean hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
If you're not a leafs fan, you're talking like one.......you should probably think of cheering for them, they need it.....
I'd think I'd rather stick my weiner in a meat grinder than to cheer for the Leafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy
Wow I blinked so I must have missed Tucker being taken off on a stretcher to spend a few nights in the hospital. The Kovalev hit and the McLaren hit aren't even remotely similar. Kovalev's first point of contact was the chest while McLaren's was the head.
It still was an elbow

Old
03-25-2006, 10:45 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagoner
I'm not a leafs fan... far from it, but if you thought that was clean you must have been okay with McLaren's flying forearm on Zednik a couple years ago in the playoffs.

This was more a Gordie than anything else.

Old
03-25-2006, 10:46 PM
znk

Funny quote from the TSN talkback

Quote:
No. 118Author: spudz
scottie22... If Kovalev had a dirty elbow, it isn't dirty any more. Especially after cleaning it off on Tuckers face!!!!!! Admit it! The little snot had it coming to him!!

Old
03-25-2006, 10:57 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

If he gets suspended, I really dont care.....That hit was GOLD!

TAKE THAT B ITCH!

Old
03-25-2006, 11:05 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Kovalev was skating, looked up and saw Tucker coming. Any of us who played the game know that when you look up and see that you try to avoid it. Sometimes you end up getting clocked, and Kovalev knew he was going to so he forgot about the puck and decided to smoke Tucker, who fell cause he's way smaller and not as cool as Kovalev.

Simple enough eh!

Old
03-25-2006, 11:11 PM
HabsAddict

When Tucker wakes up tomorrow and looks in the mirror, he is going to be able to read the CH off his forehead.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg kovyelbowontucker6zz.jpg‎ (54.7 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by HabsAddict: 03-25-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old
03-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsAddict
When Tucker wakes up tomorrow and looks in the mirror, he is going to be able to read the CH off his forehead.

nice shot

would make a fine avatar

Old
03-25-2006, 11:13 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by zednified
Kovalev was skating, looked up and saw Tucker coming. Any of us who played the game know that when you look up and see that you try to avoid it. Sometimes you end up getting clocked, and Kovalev knew he was going to so he forgot about the puck and decided to smoke Tucker, who fell cause he's way smaller and not as cool as Kovalev.

Simple enough eh!

This time around, Kovalev knew he wanted a piece of Tucker from the start of the play. That's what Gordie used to do if you got under his skin. Same context. Same result.

Old
03-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

If im Tucker id punch Antropov in the stomach . What a wuss.

Old
03-25-2006, 11:14 PM
MathMan

Francois Gagnon's "Sans Ligne Rouge" blog has Kovalev and Gainey reacting to the hit. Very interesting, if you can read French.

Old
03-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Tucker deserved it...before the hit, Tucker tried to put his elbow in Kovy's face and the refs didn't called the penalty so Kovy take his vengeance!

It wasn't really clean, but like I said, he deserved it...

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...UES02/60325110

Quote:
« J’avais la rondelle et il m’a attaqué à la tête. Une chance que je l’ai vu venir. Cela m’a permis d’éviter le gros de l’impact alors qu’il ne m’a qu’effleuré le visage. Plus tard sur la même séquence lorsque je l’ai vu devant moi, j’ai foncé directement sur lui en m’asssurant de ne pas rater mon coup », a raconté Kovalev qui a ***éné tout un coup de coude au visage de Tucker alors que ce dernier s’approchait pour lui enlever la rondelle.

Sweet!

Old
03-25-2006, 11:22 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsAddict

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3018/kovyelbowontucker6zz9kr.jpg
do you have a video of the whole sequence?

Old
03-25-2006, 11:23 PM
NBHABSFAN

Can someone translate that?

Old
03-25-2006, 11:25 PM
HabsAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
do you have a video of the whole sequence?

Nope, I got the image of a Leafs board. As soon as they post the video I will steal that too.

Old
03-25-2006, 11:29 PM
Namso

Quote:
« J’avais la rondelle et il m’a attaqué à la tête. Une chance que je l’ai vu venir. Cela m’a permis d’éviter le gros de l’impact alors qu’il ne m’a qu’effleuré le visage. Plus tard sur la même séquence lorsque je l’ai vu devant moi, j’ai foncé directement sur lui en m’asssurant de ne pas rater mon coup », a raconté Kovalev qui a ***éné tout un coup de coude au visage de Tucker alors que ce dernier s’approchait pour lui enlever la rondelle.
"I had the puck and he attacked my head. I had a chance to see him coming, this allowed me to avoid any major impact so he only skinned my face. Later in the same sequence, when I saw him in front of me, I went directly into him and made sure to not miss my hit."said Kovalev.

Shoot, that might get him suspended a game or two. I dont know if it was wise to say stuff like that.

Old
03-25-2006, 11:31 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso
"I had the puck and he attacked my head. I had a chance to see him coming, this allowed me to avoid any major impact so he only skinned my face. Later in the same sequence, when I saw him in front of me, I went directly into him and made sure to not miss my hit."said Kovalev.

Shoot, that might get him suspended a game or two. I dont know if it was wise to say stuff like that.
Thanks. The replays clearly show tucker attempt to hit Kovy with an elbow. If you are going to try to dish it out don't be surprised when someone goes after you.

Old
03-25-2006, 11:35 PM
BORAT

haha headline on TSN

Old
03-25-2006, 11:35 PM
znk

ok I translated most of the article cause I think it had alot of good stuff.

« Les arbitres sont supposés nos protéger. Ils sont supposés protéger les joueurs vedettes. Ils ne l’ont pas fait et j’ai décidé de le faire moi-même », a indiqué un Kovalev encore choqué lorsqu’il s’est présenté devant les journalistes.

"Refs are supposed to protect us. They are supposed to protect the star players. They didnt do it so I decided to do it my self" Said a furious Kovalev.

« J’avais la rondelle et il m’a attaqué à la tête. Une chance que je l’ai vu venir. Cela m’a permis d’éviter le gros de l’impact alors qu’il ne m’a qu’effleuré le visage. Plus tard sur la même séquence lorsque je l’ai vu devant moi, j’ai foncé directement sur lui en m’asssurant de ne pas rater mon coup »
"I had the puck and he attacked me to the head. I was lucky to see him so I was able to avoid most of the impact. Later on the same sequence I saw him in front of me, I ran right in to him making sure I didnt miss my shot."

«Ça n’a pas de sens que les arbitres aient laissé le match glisser comme ça. La partie était gagnée. Ce n’est pas comme si le score était 3-3. Je sais que c’est dangereux de faire des commentaires sur les arbitres, mais comme ils ont refusé de faire leur travail et de prendre leurs responsabilités, je m’en suis chargé. »
"It makes no sense that the refs let the game go like that. The game was won. It's not like it was 3-3. I know its dangerous to comment on the refs, but since they refused to do their job and take their responsibilities, I did it for them."

« Je m’en fou complètement. Je referais exactement la même chose dans les mêmes circonstances. C’était complètement ridicule ce qui se passait sur la patinoire. Si les arbitres se contentent de regarder et de ne pas sévir, je ne vais certainement pas rester là à ne rien faire. »
(hinting he could be suspended)
"I really dont care. I would do the exact same thing in the same circomstances....etc..."

« Alex est un gros bonhomme, un gros joueur de hockey. On refuse à nos joueurs le droit de faire du ski ou de conduire des voitures de course durant la saison, mais je ne l’empêcherai pas d’aviser ses adversaires de ne pas le narguer et de lui chercher noise parce qu’il s’assurera de répliquer. Surtout que selon moi le message qu’il a livré sur ce geste est loin d’être mauvais. »
(Gainey)
"Alex is a big guy, a big hockey player. We refuse to let our players go skiing or driving race cars durring the season. But I wont stop him from warning to the opposing team not to fool with him. Especialy since the message he delivered was far from bad."

Old
03-25-2006, 11:39 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Gainey and Kovalev both think it was the thing to do. The hit was GREAT! Tucker got what he deserve. Also, he suffred no injury on the play, that's good for him.

Old
03-25-2006, 11:57 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
nice shot

would make a fine avatar
You thinking with potatoes in the background? Because I am...

Old
03-26-2006, 12:00 AM
HabsAddict

Doctors told him it will be a couple of weeks before it wears off.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bday_03_3.jpg‎ (26.6 KB, 43 views)

Closed Thread