HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Out of Town Thread - Subban 1 Bergevin 0 Edition [MOD WARNING POST 61 and 726]

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2017, 04:27 AM
Deluded Puck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Now imagine if Weber did that even in a Conf Final game. PK played well though, got them on the comeback trail. But man people here with biases will shape them around how they see things. If Weber does that, he's a total bum. If PK does it, well he's great so it's a fluky accident. And vice versa with some who will laugh and ridicule PK for that. But hey, that's hockey. **** like that happens even when you are playing superb hockey.
I can't imagine it because Weber has never been this far.

Anyway Ducks deserved it overall, would have been a straight robbery if the Preds had won.

Also players like Forsberg,Arvidsson, Ellis and Ekholm show that development matter, nurturing coaching matters.

All of them would be worse players under the current Habs set up.

The Habs are one of the most, if not THE most conservative, regressive clubs in the league. Clubs like the Preds and Ducks are forward thinking and it shows.

Old
05-19-2017, 05:40 AM
Peanut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedunceofhockey View Post
I cant be any more clearer really.
Its so weird its like I made all the excuses saying the Preds deserved to win that game after that sentence? Oh wait I didn't? lol

Hockey is a game based on bad bounces leading to scoring chances thats why possession is so important.

As least were on the same page though were still rattled we lost PK for Weber. Lets cheer together for PK, Preds and Habs!

Old
05-19-2017, 05:53 AM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

vCash: 725
So it seems the Hanzal hiring was a mistake.......let's hope Bergevin doesn't go and hire that mistake now.

Old
05-19-2017, 05:56 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
No such thing. The Habs weren't aloud this excuse the PK predators aren't either.
No comparison.

Predators are competing, Habs were not.

Old
05-19-2017, 05:56 AM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Now imagine if Weber did that even in a Conf Final game. PK played well though, got them on the comeback trail. But man people here with biases will shape them around how they see things. If Weber does that, he's a total bum. If PK does it, well he's great so it's a fluky accident. And vice versa with some who will laugh and ridicule PK for that. But hey, that's hockey. **** like that happens even when you are playing superb hockey.
Totally false of course. He played a great game. Yet, by the way, PK's mistake wasn't his tip. It's a tip. At high speed. There's nothing that he could have done to avoid hit. But his mistake was his pass that was impossible to get by his teamate and was intercepted. That was his mistake. Not the tip. But in the end, he did play a great hockey. And should have been used more on the PP especially in the first minutes of it.

Old
05-19-2017, 05:59 AM
thedunceofhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Its so weird its like I made all the excuses saying the Preds deserved to win that game after that sentence? Oh wait I didn't? lol

Hockey is a game based on bad bounces leading to scoring chances thats why possession is so important.

As least were on the same page though were still rattled we lost PK for Weber. Lets cheer together for PK, Preds and Habs!
You couldn't be more wrong in your assessment.

Old
05-19-2017, 06:02 AM
DAChampion

It's sad to think, but Forsberg, Arvidsson, Ekholm, and Ellis would all be mediocre if they had been drafted and not developed by the Habs.

Old
05-19-2017, 06:02 AM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

But Gibson is a freakin big question mark. Can be totally solid, but can be one of the worst in puck tracking.

And you wonder if the guy is there all the time....do you guys remember when he got and went to get his stick? I mean....wow....the Preds had the puck right there...

Old
05-19-2017, 06:03 AM
thedunceofhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
No comparison.

Predators are competing, Habs were not.
I don't agree with this, i found the Habs were competing. As a matter of fact at the beginning of the series everyone and their grandmother was saying it was the most entertaining series of all. But i digress and i have zero chance of convincing you, your mind is set to trash the Habs.

Old
05-19-2017, 06:06 AM
PaulD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Totally false of course. He played a great game. Yet, by the way, PK's mistake wasn't his tip. It's a tip. At high speed. There's nothing that he could have done to avoid hit. But his mistake was his pass that was impossible to get by his teamate and was intercepted. That was his mistake. Not the tip. But in the end, he did play a great hockey. And should have been used more on the PP especially in the first minutes of it.
Yes it does. Look how many own goals in play off overtime all the other Dmen have. Happens all the time.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

No Sooby dooby doo celebration on that one though.

Old
05-19-2017, 06:06 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
I don't agree with this, i found the Habs were competing. As a matter of fact at the beginning of the series everyone and their grandmother was saying it was the most entertaining series of all. But i digress and i have zero chance of convincing you, your mind is set to trash the Habs.

Habs were massacred by a mediocre Rangers team. The people who called it tight or whatever don't watch other hockey.

I have praised the Habs numerous times actually and that's well known around here.

However, it will take time to recover from the damage of Therrien, Lefebvre, Desharnais, and Bergevin.

Old
05-19-2017, 06:08 AM
PaulD

Quote:
Habs were competing for a few games. Then for just a period or two. Then not at all.

That'll leave you about 14 wins short of a cup.

Pretty low compete level.

Old
05-19-2017, 06:10 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Habs were competing for a few games. Then for just a period or two. Then not at all.

not enough character I guess!

Old
05-19-2017, 06:12 AM
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain

Quote:
Actually, DaChampion is pretty fair. He could be hard on them sometimes, but overall, he's good.

Last edited by jaffy27: 05-19-2017 at 06:20 AM.
Old
05-19-2017, 06:13 AM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

Quote:

Absolutely. I don't think we can say that we mailed that series because of the lack of compete effort. But we lost because of a lack of talent. Plain and simple.

Old
05-19-2017, 06:15 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:

Habs were massacred by a mediocre Rangers team. The people who called it tight or whatever don't watch other hockey.

I have praised the Habs numerous times actually and that's well known around here.

However, it will take time to recover from the damage of Therrien, Lefebvre, Desharnais, and Bergevin.
Massacred? Really...?

Old
05-19-2017, 06:21 AM
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Massacred? Really...?
Ya, I got to lol at that one too.....12 goals vs 11 goals.....that's as tight as it gets.

Last edited by jaffy27: 05-19-2017 at 06:29 AM.
Old
05-19-2017, 06:23 AM
PaulD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubbanMemento View Post
Nashville really lost when they didn't score on the 5-3 that should have been game over.
That would have tied the game had they scored.

Old
05-19-2017, 06:31 AM
PaulD

Karlsson playing great D in both ends of the rink.

14 pts in 15 games too boot.

Con Smythe front runner with Getzlaf and Rinne.

Closing in is Forsberg, Ellis, Anderson.

Old
05-19-2017, 06:48 AM
sandviper

Quote:
Did you watch games four or five especially? Habs were completely gassed and on their heels second period onwards in both.

As for entertainment, the West series have been far more entertaining. Anaheim versus Edmonton was great.

Old
05-19-2017, 06:48 AM
jaffy27
From Russia wth Pain

Quote:
Karlsson playing great D in both ends of the rink.

14 pts in 15 games too boot.

Con Smythe front runner with Getzlaf and Rinne.

Closing in is Forsberg, Ellis, Anderson.
Agree with you across the board......

Old
05-19-2017, 07:17 AM
DAChampion

The worst was the game-5 (might have been game 4) overtime versus the Rangers.

Shots were like 10-1 New York. It was awful. There was no way the Habs were winning that game.

The Habs just didn't show up.

Some people say the series came down to lucky bounces but ... the Habs needed 1 more lucky bounce to tie game 6, then another lucky bounce to win game 6, and then at least two lucky bounces to win game 7. So when you need four more lucky bounces to win the series, it's not just about lucky bounces.

Old
05-19-2017, 07:22 AM
Brainiac

Quote:
Some people say the series came down to lucky bounces but ... the Habs needed 1 more lucky bounce to tie game 6, then another lucky bounce to win game 6, and then at least two lucky bounces to win game 7. So when you need four more lucky bounces to win the series, it's not just about lucky bounces.
Agreed. When it's about one lucky bounce, we can discuss. When it's lucky bounce after lucky bounce, it means you just can't make the cut.

That series against the Rangers wasn't that close. We weren't completely outplayed, but our lack of offense showed, as it's been the case for years now.

Old
05-19-2017, 07:43 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffy27 View Post
Actually, DaChampion is pretty fair. He could be hard on them sometimes, but overall, he's good.
Thank you.

Old
05-19-2017, 07:44 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Agreed. When it's about one lucky bounce, we can discuss. When it's lucky bounce after lucky bounce, it means you just can't make the cut.

That series against the Rangers wasn't that close. We weren't completely outplayed, but our lack of offense showed, as it's been the case for years now.
The 2011 series against Boston is an example of a series that the Habs lost due to lucky bounces. That series was genuinely close.

Closed Thread