Notices

Montreal idea with gaborik

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2003, 09:05 AM
swiftsure1786

vCash: 500
Montreal idea with gaborik

Now i know that it is highly unlikely that Gaborik will be traded, and i also know that if he was traded it would be even more unlikely that he went to Montreal, so even having said all this i just wanted to get your opinion on what you would want in return??

Would a deal like this interest you??

Hossa + Komisarek + Balej??

Thatmight be a little under perhaps??

Zednik + Hainsey + 1st??

I could keep going for ages but what would interest the organisation to which we have so many ties.

Old
10-29-2003, 09:33 AM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftsure1786
Now i know that it is highly unlikely that Gaborik will be traded, and i also know that if he was traded it would be even more unlikely that he went to Montreal, so even having said all this i just wanted to get your opinion on what you would want in return??

Would a deal like this interest you??

Hossa + Komisarek + Balej??

Thatmight be a little under perhaps??

Zednik + Hainsey + 1st??

I could keep going for ages but what would interest the organisation to which we have so many ties.
Include Markov in the deal, then will talk.

Old
10-29-2003, 09:40 AM
Dan-o

Frankly, I think Montreal might be overpaying in the first offer. That said, I'd take it.

As for the 2nd offer, I'm not a big fan of Zednik. He's never really done much for me. If you swap Hainsey and Markov, I might be more interested. Markov is more of a sure thing and I still like his upside.

Old
10-29-2003, 10:01 AM
swiftsure1786

You see if we swap Hainsey for MArkov then we are trading both 2 very young players who could get a lot better. MArkov in my opinion will one day be a number 1 d-man. He is already a great offensive player and his defence is getting better all the time, we couldn't afford to lose arguable our best winger and best d-man at the same time, however i like th e first deal,even though giving up Komisarek would be tough, getting Gaborik back would be great. The first deal also is good salary wise for you.......right now that's done lets get Doug and Bob on the phone...hehehe

Old
10-30-2003, 03:11 AM
DWP

If I'm dealing with the Habs, I'm wanting to include Sheldon Souray into the mix (you know, as a throw-in). I really think this guy is about to bust out and turn into a solid two-way defensemen (ala Kuba). He is back from injury and seems to be playing the best hockey of his career. He's got a terrific shot from the point but hasn't been given a chance to show it off.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:30 AM
SuperUnknown

Forget about Montreal acquiring Gaborik. There's no way they would pay him 14M$ for three years. That's just madness.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:20 AM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWP
If I'm dealing with the Habs, I'm wanting to include Sheldon Souray into the mix (you know, as a throw-in). I really think this guy is about to bust out and turn into a solid two-way defensemen (ala Kuba). He is back from injury and seems to be playing the best hockey of his career. He's got a terrific shot from the point but hasn't been given a chance to show it off.
How do you figure? Souray has 3 goals in 10 games off 17 shots. Seems to me that 17 shots in 10 games for a defenseman is showing it off.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:58 AM
DWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
How do you figure? Souray has 3 goals in 10 games off 17 shots. Seems to me that 17 shots in 10 games for a defenseman is showing it off.
You are right about his performance this season. But I was putting it into perspective for his entire career as an NHL'er or for that matter his AHL career.

Obviously, if he continues to produce, he will become a more known commodity. Then his value rises. I'm just making the point that is past performance would indicate that he would be one of those types of players that are thrown into trades to sweeten the deal. And I make a point if that could happen, he may be a real steal.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:03 AM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
I dont want to call Souray injury-prone, but over his career, an average season consists of 48 games.

Old
10-30-2003, 08:18 AM
Frenzy

What would you guys think of :

Hossa, Hainsey, Kilger, 2nd

For Gabby ?

Old
10-30-2003, 09:05 AM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWP
You are right about his performance this season. But I was putting it into perspective for his entire career as an NHL'er or for that matter his AHL career.

Obviously, if he continues to produce, he will become a more known commodity. Then his value rises. I'm just making the point that is past performance would indicate that he would be one of those types of players that are thrown into trades to sweeten the deal. And I make a point if that could happen, he may be a real steal.
I agree with part of what you say here. I have seen his shot a fair amount and he has a cannon that's for sure. But there's no way he'd be considered a throw in for this trade, Souray would have to be one of the main pieces. The Habs are in desperate need of good defenseman so for them to trade him his value would be a bit higher than throw in value IMO.

Old
10-30-2003, 09:17 AM
CechMY5HOLEman-ek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy
What would you guys think of :

Hossa, Hainsey, Kilger, 2nd

For Gabby ?
Even without his eye injury factoring in, Kilger is a pointless acquisition for the Wild. He adds nothing to the team (Chouinard is a comparable player) and isn't cheap enough (800K) to add value. From the Wild's perspective he's not even a "throw in" worth having thrown in.

Old
10-30-2003, 03:34 PM
Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CechMY5HOLEman-ek!
Even without his eye injury factoring in, Kilger is a pointless acquisition for the Wild. He adds nothing to the team (Chouinard is a comparable player) and isn't cheap enough (800K) to add value. From the Wild's perspective he's not even a "throw in" worth having thrown in.
Would you consider more someone like Sundstrom more than Kilger. Or Maybe we can change the 2nd round for a 1st

Old
10-31-2003, 09:01 AM
CechMY5HOLEman-ek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy
Would you consider more someone like Sundstrom more than Kilger. Or Maybe we can change the 2nd round for a 1st
I don't think the Wild would be terribly interested in Sundstrom either. Antti Laaksonen is a comparable player (w/ slightly less offensive punch) and makes 1 million less.

I think the Wild would be looking for quality over quantity and I assume there will be a decent amount of offers from various teams to consider.

It only makes sense to wait until that all goes down first before considering fair value. If/when Gaborik is put on the block, the bidding teams will create Gaborik's market value, not any of us here.

Closed Thread