HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hossa vs Murray.

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Russeltown

vCash: 500
Ron Hainsey for "cap space" was better!!!

Old
03-26-2006, 01:11 PM
Beakermania*

Murray is a pure tough gritty hardworking hockey player. Whats not to love? hossa is a chump who will never live up to his name.

Great trade Bob. Seems like the Huet and Bonk for Garon deal worked out good too.

Old
03-26-2006, 01:14 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
Murray is a pure tough gritty hardworking hockey player. Whats not to love? hossa is a chump who will never live up to his name.

Great trade Bob. Seems like the Huet and Bonk for Garon deal worked out good too.

Mathieu Garon

3.15 goals against
.896 sv%

Old
03-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
Mathieu Garon

3.15 goals against
.896 sv%

Apperently, Habs management didnt think he could respond in pressure situations. Seems like they were right. I love how Bob Gainey has proven every one wrong with almost each one of his acquisitions. Thats why he's GM and we're typing on a forum.

Old
03-26-2006, 01:32 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Reason people hated the trade: They thought Hossa would become his brother and feared he would do that in NYR. We have seen that Hossa is bad anywhere he plays, ok not bad, but you know what I mean.

Reason people liking the trade: They realized Hossa was a bust, and that Murray, maybe not a scoring line forward, would be able to contribute to the team. We don't always need scoring forwards to win games. We lacked good grinders at the beginning of the year, now we have a solid amount of them with Murray, Begin and Downey.

Now Bonk is picking it up, and makes people around him better too. I think if we stay healthy we might surprise people, but taht being said, any team that is healthy can surprise

Old
03-26-2006, 01:44 PM
mcphee

I like Murray. As long as he keeps improving in defensive zone coverage like he has, he can have a nice future. He's tough enough to allow them not to dress a tough guy. He's a better skater than I thought he'd be. When they acquired him, I argued that he wasn't a very good skater, with Toshiro as I remember, after hearing Pete Mahovlich critique him. Well, it seems, Tosh was right. I still love the Little M though. Plekanec and Perez seem to play a bit bigger with Murray. As long as the top end offensive players on your team produce, Murray is valuable. They haven't lately but the defense is pumping in a few goals every game. I think coaching like he'll get from Carbo will only help him.

Old
03-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
It's funny how most people like the trade now but if you look back to when it happened, ouch you would have thought Gainey kicked someones dog with the reaction the trade got.
Totally hated the trade then, 'cause I really thought with the camp he was having that Hossa had finally understand what it takes to be in the league. And with a change of scenery I really see thought that it could come back and bite us in the ***. We will see what the Rags have in store for him since Rucinsky will be out for a while but even if he's better than he is now (which will not be very tough), Murray is now becoming essential to this team, much more than Downey in my opinion. Congrats to Gainey for that vision!!!

So that me today regarding that trade......

Closed Thread