HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tomorrow = Last Sat. repeat, as Huet rests?

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2006, 11:41 PM
canada_habs2006

vCash: 500
Tomorrow = Last Sat. repeat, as Huet rests?

although its not what i'd do, i sense we will see Aiebesher in net tomorrow vs. Pittsburgh. first gainey will see that could likely still be tired from tonites game, and he might also see Pittsburgh as an opportunity to get Abby in their against a not-so-good team.

the moment i type that, it scares me, because Pittsburgh certainly has his number now, and tommorrow is another must win. For some reason must-wins and Aebiesher don't seem like ingredients you'd put in the same cake.

just don't know about this.

Old
03-25-2006, 11:42 PM
BORAT

we need Ae*****er to get his confidence up

Old
03-26-2006, 01:18 AM
Jaded-Fan

I will be at that game tomorrow. I will not be sad at all if you all beat us, my goal a a Pens' fan is just to see the guys play well but would not mind falling a few games because of the draft. But do not take us too lightly, we have beat you all three games that we have played you this year. If you take us seriously I think that chances are you can pull out a win. We have been playing well of late, and should again, but when push comes to shove we are hardly as needful of the points as you are.

Old
03-26-2006, 07:58 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Relax guys, Aebischer is a quality goaltender. Yes he has had a very rocky start with our team, and Huet is definitely our #1 right now, but Aebischer is capable of coming in and playing well. Even Theodore had some decent games this year.

Old
03-26-2006, 02:09 PM
tCHeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
Relax guys, Aebischer is a quality goaltender. Yes he has had a very rocky start with our team, and Huet is definitely our #1 right now, but Aebischer is capable of coming in and playing well. Even Theodore had some decent games this year.
You're right. Let's give abby his chance. It's not only a game that make a gaolie's value.

Old
03-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
Relax guys, Aebischer is a quality goaltender. Yes he has had a very rocky start with our team, and Huet is definitely our #1 right now, but Aebischer is capable of coming in and playing well.
Exactly, Aebischer gets the start and so he should. He may be needed down the road and this is as good an opportunity Gainey has to get him back into the action.

Point to remember though. Markov was out for last weekend's loss to Pittsburgh. The Habs' rabbit foot is now back!

Old
03-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

My concern about tonight's game isn't about David Aebischer, but it is that the Canadiens might have a huge emotional let down. The series against the Leafs was extremely emotionally charged, almost like a playoff series, with back to back games in the same city. The Bell Centre was hopping both nights, and was extremely loud whenever the Canadiens had something positive happen.

I fear that the Canadiens won't be ready for the Penguins, a team that has absolutely nothing to play for, other than pride. Hopefully, the team recognizes the importance of the game, but having a game 24 hours later that doesn't have the same emotional significance can befall even the best of teams.

Old
03-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
My concern about tonight's game isn't about David Aebischer, but it is that the Canadiens might have a huge emotional let down. The series against the Leafs was extremely emotionally charged, almost like a playoff series, with back to back games in the same city. The Bell Centre was hopping both nights, and was extremely loud whenever the Canadiens had something positive happen.

I fear that the Canadiens won't be ready for the Penguins, a team that has absolutely nothing to play for, other than pride. Hopefully, the team recognizes the importance of the game, but having a game 24 hours later that doesn't have the same emotional significance can befall even the best of teams.
I agree. I'm also afraid of a let down. I hope the guys did'nt celebrated too much!

As for Aby It's too soon to claim he's a liability. Every goalie have bad games, he deserves other chances.

Old
03-26-2006, 07:22 PM
wildone26*

Sorry but the guys should be very very hungry and up for this game as wel, I could see them not as enthused and charged up in a way, but they should be very determined and readyl. First of all if they lose to Pittsburg again, it will be two losses to Pittsburg in just over a week of hockey, 4 points thrown away basicaly. Except for losing points for Toronto, and taking them out of the playoff race altogether, it would be the same as losing twice to Toronto, the 4 points won by that big task of beating Toronto twice in a row wasted by 4 points given away to Pittsburg basicaly. They should be very alert and ready for this game.

It seems like Aebischer is now the backup for the rest of the year whether he plays a good game or not. Hopefully he plays well just to show he is a solid backup. He could be the teams starter next year.

Old
03-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Cut Abbey some slack.... He will and needs to play in some games before the season ends..... Good luck David

Closed Thread