HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Columbus vs. Vancouver

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2003, 03:44 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

vCash: 500
GDT: Columbus vs. Vancouver

Ok, I'm a little early in posting this, but I hope to get alot more posts before the game.

Sandy should be back, so the top line with be intact for the first time since early in the chicago game.

Pressing Question: Who plays 2nd line RW??? Knutsen who has been overly cautious so far, Nedorost who has played two ok games, McDonell, who is... well Kent McDonell, Lasse Pirjeta, would be the best choice, HE NEEDS TO START USING THAT BIG BODY, AND SHOOT THE PUCK MORE LASSE!!

Walser still in the lineup....ugh. I feel comfortable with Erickkson in (if he is again for Klesla) he played well last game. Leto and Westcott out for sure, I can remember hearing Wright might make the trip to western canada today with the team?? can anybody confirm or deny that? Either way, I'll mark Wright Highly Doubtful, at least till the last game of the 3 game swing.

Vancouver, too many monsters and a road game. My bet is Hedberg gets the nod between the Pipes. Denis plays again, Columbus loses 5-2, I forsee another Columbus regular getting injured... I remember the Hit Klesla took from Bertuzzi last year in GM Place, figure in Vancouver smarting from that tough loss, Ruutu, Cooke and Sopel will no doubt be ALL OVER Nash... :mad:

Old
10-27-2003, 05:37 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

5-4 Jackets in OT. Nash will get a fighting major for beating the crap out of Cooke. Cooke will only get a minor for roughing because he'll have his gloves on the whole time. Freddy starts in net, and we score four in the third period about giving up four in the first.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:39 AM
jackets63

If we were playing (almost) anyone else, Id say we rebound with a win. But Vancouver is an elite team and I dont know if we beat them twice this close together. We do seem to come back after losses like we've just had to play a good game (even if it is just one game) so it is possible. Just not likely.

Im not as worried about Walser as some of you. And Nedorost has stopped the bleeding, but still shouldnt be here.

My lines would look like

Sandy-Cass-Vybes
Nash-March-Pirjeta
McDonnell-Fritche-Knutsen
Shelley-Ling-JLGP

But since I doubt he will move Fritche up and Ling hasnt played center up here yet, the 3rd and 4th would look like

Nedorost-Knutsen-McDonnell
Shelly-Fritche-Ling

Maybe move JLGP back to the blueline for a game until the injury bug goes away? Only say that because we need someone a little more physical than Walser back there against these guys and Jean Luc doesnt give up any in the skating dept. Just no offense.

Old
10-28-2003, 07:25 AM
Matt Foley*

The Jackets are losers of four straight, while Vancouver is unbeaten in their last five games. Two teams headed in opposite directions.

I wonder about the psyche of the Jackets after their third period meltdown against Dallas Saturday night. If they go into this game feeling sorry for themselves, then it will be over by the end of the first period.

Denis was visibly ticked off skating off the ice at the end of the Dallas game; if he plays, I hope he takes that anger out on the Canucks and plays a great game. I'm thinking that's what it will take for Columbus to come away from this one with any points.

My prediction: Canucks, 3-1. Jackets play a decent road game, but not good enough against a top contender on a hot streak.

Old
10-28-2003, 10:15 AM
DJAnimosity
ghosts 'n stuff

I'm not saying that the Jackets are going to win this game, but check out some of the predictions over on the Canucks board....quite comical if you ask me. Lots of 6-1, 5-1, even a 7-2 prediction.

The Jackets have won before in Vancouver and can do it again...

Old
10-28-2003, 11:02 AM
Rageinthecage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
5-4 Jackets in OT. Nash will get a fighting major for beating the crap out of Cooke. Cooke will only get a minor for roughing because he'll have his gloves on the whole time. Freddy starts in net, and we score four in the third period about giving up four in the first.

Nash will have to catch Cooke first, as I highly doubt he'll stand in there and throw some punches. Can't remember the last time our favourite little agitator fought someone.

I don't do predictions usually, but I doubt the Canucks will want to drop two straight to the Jackets. Should be a close one (unless Brathwaite is in net as the Canucks have had his number over the years).

Old
10-28-2003, 11:23 AM
jackets63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity
I'm not saying that the Jackets are going to win this game, but check out some of the predictions over on the Canucks board....quite comical if you ask me. Lots of 6-1, 5-1, even a 7-2 prediction.

The Jackets have won before in Vancouver and can do it again...
Same as last time we played them. Send 'em my new favorite Smilie: :moon:

Old
10-28-2003, 12:24 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Rookie User

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by contingent_23
Ok, I'm a little early in posting this, but I hope to get alot more posts before the game.

Sandy should be back, so the top line with be intact for the first time since early in the chicago game.

Pressing Question: Who plays 2nd line RW??? Knutsen who has been overly cautious so far, Nedorost who has played two ok games, McDonell, who is... well Kent McDonell, Lasse Pirjeta, would be the best choice, HE NEEDS TO START USING THAT BIG BODY, AND SHOOT THE PUCK MORE LASSE!!

Walser still in the lineup....ugh. I feel comfortable with Erickkson in (if he is again for Klesla) he played well last game. Leto and Westcott out for sure, I can remember hearing Wright might make the trip to western canada today with the team?? can anybody confirm or deny that? Either way, I'll mark Wright Highly Doubtful, at least till the last game of the 3 game swing.

Vancouver, too many monsters and a road game. My bet is Hedberg gets the nod between the Pipes. Denis plays again, Columbus loses 5-2, I forsee another Columbus regular getting injured... I remember the Hit Klesla took from Bertuzzi last year in GM Place, figure in Vancouver smarting from that tough loss, Ruutu, Cooke and Sopel will no doubt be ALL OVER Nash... :mad:
Im pretty srue taht Eriksson is going to be in the lineup in place of Walser.

Old
10-28-2003, 12:36 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackets63
Same as last time we played them. Send 'em my new favorite Smilie: :moon:
LMFAO

Old
10-28-2003, 01:46 PM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

Jackets win 6-2 if cloutier starts....

Canucks win 5-1 if Hedburg starts...

DOWN WITH CLOUTIER!!

Old
10-28-2003, 02:16 PM
jacketracket*

I hate to think of this as a "make or break" road trip, being so early in the season, but coming off the tough losses at home, a bad trip at this point would be demoralizing.

I think the CBJ can win this one---look at last year's first trip into Vancouver---but they aren't going to be able to sneak up on the Nucks this time.

IMO, they've got to pick up points in a couple of these games---coming back to town with a 7-game losing streak, and a 6-game road losing streak, might jeopardize the season.

Old
10-28-2003, 05:28 PM
Matt Foley*

2 goals on three shots; if only we could convert at that rate the rest of the game.......

Old
10-28-2003, 05:34 PM
jacketracket*

Just tuned in before the CBJ first goal---Shelley and May go at it yet?

Old
10-28-2003, 05:50 PM
Matt Foley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketracket
Just tuned in before the CBJ first goal---Shelley and May go at it yet?
Nope. However, the night is still young.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:01 PM
jacketracket*

Whose Jackets are these? I'm listening to George and Bill, so I can't see the game, but it sounds as if the CBJ carried the play the last half of the first.

Let's go Jackets!!

Edit: Didn't mean to sound negative, but to come back and outplay a team as strong as the Nucks---on the road---is saying something.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:03 PM
jacketracket*

Anybody watching---how does Chubarov look, so far? I've heard good stuff about him.

Just curious.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:18 PM
jacketracket*

WoooHooo!!!!

Nasher from TM and Vibes!! Bertuzzi-lite strikes the Nucks again!!

WTF is going on here!

Old
10-28-2003, 06:21 PM
Matt Foley*

What a play by Vyborny to make it happen, and then the nice pass to Nash. Maybe this line should stay together.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:28 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

good call Matt, I seem to remember many of Nash's goals being helped along by Vyborny last year. This still doesn't address our 1st/2nd line rw though. Maybe stick Knutsen in the first line RW spot for a few games? can we afford to do that? he hasn't been playing well on the wing this season, but maybe if we team him up with Cass and Sandy...just maybe, it will spark their offensive game, that way instead of concentrating on Cass, the playmaker, they have to look at Knutsen too?? Either way Vyborny is solid but he can't play on both lines...unless Douggie Mac is going for a trade for a RW... Pirjeta has got to be the man.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:33 PM
jacketracket*

Again, I can't watch the game---is Freddie standing on his head, or what? A couple of saves just before the Nash goal had George and Bill going nuts.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:37 PM
jacketracket*

Well, that answers the Chubarov question.

Good period from the CBJ, regardless.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:38 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Chubarov just scored with 0.06 left in the second, from Naslund... HERE WE GO AGAIN BLUEJACKET FANS!!!!!!

Old
10-28-2003, 06:40 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Vintage Jackets at the end of the second. Nice to see that somethings never change. Just when you think they made some progress...bam

Nucks will be coming out like a ball of fire in the third. Freddy will have to steal this game for us.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:40 PM
beelerfan

Spacek and Richardson messed up big time on that Chubarov goal. Spacek needs to tie the puck up along the boards with only a few seconds remaining, and he didn't. And Richardson didn't take his man. Man, this pairing is stinking on ice.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:42 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by beelerfan
Spacek and Richardson messed up big time on that Chubarov goal. Spacek needs to tie the puck up along the boards with only a few seconds remaining, and he didn't. And Richardson didn't take his man. Man, this pairing is stinking on ice.
what gets me is...Doug Maclean supposedly taught defensive responsiblity, Naslund throws the puck in the general direction of the net, and who stands up Chubarov....

Closed Thread