HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Army, Farrish, Allaire won't be returning

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-31-2017, 09:06 PM
  #226
Sea Eagles
Registered User
 
Sea Eagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,193
vCash: 500
Well, the world is the clubs oyster now. The only way is up. There are enough open positions, to fill them with passionate, win at all costs burgundy and blue blooded coaching staff that remember the legacy that WAS, not IS.

Make it happen Super Joe. Shoot some goals like you did as a top 5 player EVER in the game.

Next season, if a coach like Allaire hints at even a comment like, "well I had already signed a contract, but told Joe I'd be here for one more year only" - instant firing. Allaire sounds like a complete flog to me. Good riddance. It's that attitude you don't want around a team.

I hope Bednar is firing all the boys up right now. Call them in from vacation - screw it. Demand that work, and only work will turn the ship around.

Change this culture. Make some roster changes. Be more open and transparent. Bring the fans back. Pull your collective heads out of your ***** Kroenke, Sakic and co.

We have the bones / core to turn this quickly. Culture will be a key motivator.

Sea Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2017, 07:21 PM
  #227
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,829
vCash: 500

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2017, 08:37 PM
  #228
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118
 
Mystic MacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 28,186
vCash: 500
I wanted the Avs to do this move last year. Send out Farrish because Carlyle loves him, and see if we could poach MacLean.

He's the perfect hire to run the forwards and the PP. His Ducks were only 17th on the PP this year, but they were 1st overall the year before.

Bring in MacLean to run the forwards. Then fire Bender and Pratt during the season when they get out to a slow start. Then bring in a legit HC and Larry Robinson to run the D.

Mystic MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2017, 08:38 PM
  #229
cgf
FireBednarsSuccessor
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: w/ Renley's Peach
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,808
vCash: 500
What's your issue with Pratt?

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2017, 08:50 PM
  #230
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,829
vCash: 500
Apparently Robinson doesn't want to be behind the bench so you'd still need someone to run the defense and PK during games. He'd also prefer to be close to his home in Florida.

There was quite a bit of excitement around the Pratt hire just a year ago.


Last edited by Avs_19; 06-01-2017 at 09:55 PM..
Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2017, 11:19 PM
  #231
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118
 
Mystic MacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 28,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
What's your issue with Pratt?
Nothing egregious, I just haven't seen any results worth noting, and like Bednar he showed an unwillingness to adapt to his players. Tyson Barrie specifically, but EJ was worse under him as well. Everyone played worse under him, except Z, who I think was mostly responsible for his own improvement.

I just want a clean slate made as soon as possible, and an experienced coaching staff brought in. I don't want any more of these holdovers from previous coaching staffs.

Mystic MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2017, 04:01 AM
  #232
dahrougem2
Registered User
 
dahrougem2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 13,007
vCash: 500
I want someone to tell Nolan Pratt that if he doesn't get EJ to stop sliding around like an idiot he'll be canned. Obviously extreme hyperbole here but good god man, somebody in this organization has to figure out a way to stop it, no?

dahrougem2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2017, 03:32 PM
  #233
avs1dacup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic MacK View Post
Nothing egregious, I just haven't seen any results worth noting, and like Bednar he showed an unwillingness to adapt to his players. Tyson Barrie specifically, but EJ was worse under him as well. Everyone played worse under him, except Z, who I think was mostly responsible for his own improvement.

I just want a clean slate made as soon as possible, and an experienced coaching staff brought in. I don't want any more of these holdovers from previous coaching staffs.
EJ has been atrocious since his first year under Roy when he was a top 15 defeneman. Still want to blame Pratt and Bednar for that? He's been pitiful the last 3 years, and if it weren't for this teams lack of defensive talent, I'd say it's time to move on.

avs1dacup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2017, 03:33 PM
  #234
avs1dacup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
I want someone to tell Nolan Pratt that if he doesn't get EJ to stop sliding around like an idiot he'll be canned. Obviously extreme hyperbole here but good god man, somebody in this organization has to figure out a way to stop it, no?
He's not going to stop. No coach is going to make him and holding a coach accountable for one players decision making actions is stupid.

avs1dacup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2017, 04:20 PM
  #235
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,381
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic MacK View Post
I wanted the Avs to do this move last year. Send out Farrish because Carlyle loves him, and see if we could poach MacLean.

He's the perfect hire to run the forwards and the PP. His Ducks were only 17th on the PP this year, but they were 1st overall the year before.

Bring in MacLean to run the forwards. Then fire Bender and Pratt during the season when they get out to a slow start. Then bring in a legit HC and Larry Robinson to run the D.
Hey!

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2017, 04:40 PM
  #236
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118
 
Mystic MacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 28,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Hey!
Hah sorry. I've made that typo before too but you didn't catch it. Probably won't be the last time either.

Mystic MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2017, 04:45 PM
  #237
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118
 
Mystic MacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 28,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs1dacup View Post
EJ has been atrocious since his first year under Roy when he was a top 15 defeneman. Still want to blame Pratt and Bednar for that? He's been pitiful the last 3 years, and if it weren't for this teams lack of defensive talent, I'd say it's time to move on.
Well I disagree strongly with your terms atrocious and pitiful. He's been their best defenseman by a mile.

He's been injured which hasn't helped. He's also had some inconsistency, but I think a lot of that is because he's been asked to carry a D core full of dead weight as a #1, and he isn't good enough to do that. He hasn't even had a legit top line D partner for a lot of those years.

Give him a good partner again, and keep him healthy, and he'll be great. I would almost guarantee it.

I don't know how much Pratt and Bednar are responsible for EJ's poor start last year, but I do know that pretty much all the players and defenseman were worse under them. You can make excuses for them in that regard if you like, but that's pretty overwhelming evidence IMO.

Mystic MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2017, 05:41 PM
  #238
McMetal
Writer of Wrongs
 
McMetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 3,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic MacK View Post
Well I disagree strongly with your terms atrocious and pitiful. He's been their best defenseman by a mile.

He's been injured which hasn't helped. He's also had some inconsistency, but I think a lot of that is because he's been asked to carry a D core full of dead weight as a #1, and he isn't good enough to do that. He hasn't even had a legit top line D partner for a lot of those years.

Give him a good partner again, and keep him healthy, and he'll be great. I would almost guarantee it.

I don't know how much Pratt and Bednar are responsible for EJ's poor start last year, but I do know that pretty much all the players and defenseman were worse under them. You can make excuses for them in that regard if you like, but that's pretty overwhelming evidence IMO.
Yeah, EJ has been fine. "Atrocious" players don't get picked as All-Star representatives either. He had 12 goals up until the ASB that year before he got hurt and couldn't make the game. That's not "pitiful".

McMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.