HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Friedman: Avs have asked for, and gotten, permission to talk to Kyle Dubas

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-07-2017, 05:11 PM
  #601
SoundwaveIsCharisma
Moderator
 
SoundwaveIsCharisma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Screw You Blaster
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,302
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
I guess the extension ensures he can only be hired for the promotion later on down the road but pretty much if he wants to come to Colorado then he doesn't sign it.
Do we know that he signed the extension yet though? Maybe one was offered, and he is mulling over it.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2017, 05:14 PM
  #602
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 26,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
Do we know that he signed the extension yet though? Maybe one was offered, and he is mulling over it.
I don't think there has ever been confirmation. Even Dreger said he believes, not it has happened.

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2017, 05:14 PM
  #603
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
Do we know that he signed the extension yet though? Maybe one was offered, and he is mulling over it.
Today Dreger said he believes Dubas has signed an extension and previously it was Friedman who said there's talk that he did. I think Mirtle is the only one who has actually said he has.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2017, 05:18 PM
  #604
SoundwaveIsCharisma
Moderator
 
SoundwaveIsCharisma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Screw You Blaster
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,302
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Today Dreger said he believes Dubas has signed an extension and previously it was Friedman who said there's talk that he did. I think Mirtle is the only one who has actually said he has.
So what you're saying is...there's a chance

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2017, 05:20 PM
  #605
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 26,285
vCash: 500
I honestly wouldn't count on it. I think the ship has sailed and Dubas was likely using the Avs to secure what he wanted in regards to contract and future promotions.

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2017, 05:20 PM
  #606
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 47,415
vCash: 166
Why are they even still talking about it? Desperate for any Leafs news?

tigervixxxen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2017, 05:20 PM
  #607
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
So what you're saying is...there's a chance
Ha. Even McKenzie hedged a little bit by adding in "at least not now" after saying Dubas isn't going to the Avs. Unfortunately, I don't think it's happening though.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2017, 05:21 PM
  #608
SoundwaveIsCharisma
Moderator
 
SoundwaveIsCharisma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Screw You Blaster
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,302
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Ha. Even McKenzie hedged a little bit by adding in "at least not now" after saying Dubas isn't going to the Avs. Unfortunately, I don't think it's happening though.
I wonder if they'll just play out this next season as a true tank season, and we'll see Dubas come in next year.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2017, 05:25 PM
  #609
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 26,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
Why are they even still talking about it? Desperate for any Leafs news?
Between Cup games, it is easy fodder for clicks.

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2017, 05:46 PM
  #610
Foppberg
Registered User
 
Foppberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Lol Dreger saying again that the Leafs didn't expect us to give him an offer.

Not like Dater and AJ (less reputable) AND MacKenzie all said yes there was definitely an offer and he wanted to take it.

Stupid Leafs.

Foppberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2017, 06:42 PM
  #611
dahrougem2
Registered User
 
dahrougem2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 13,005
vCash: 500
Dreger gonna Dreg' for the Leafs as their media shill

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2017, 07:35 PM
  #612
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,870
vCash: 450
It's confusing as hell so of course it's the Avs.

CalderKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2017, 09:43 PM
  #613
avs1dacup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I honestly wouldn't count on it. I think the ship has sailed and Dubas was likely using the Avs to secure what he wanted in regards to contract and future promotions.
This seems most likely. He most likely used the Avs as an ultimatum to the Leafs: extend me and give me the opportunity for promotion or I'll move on and go somewhere that will.

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 03:03 AM
  #614
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118
 
Mystic MacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 28,184
vCash: 500
If ever there needed to be more proof Dreger is a shill for hire. Yeah, the Leafs let Dubas talk to the Avs so he could give them some free analytics advice.

Mystic MacK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 07:07 AM
  #615
Cousin Eddie
IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!
 
Cousin Eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 18,964
vCash: 177
Guys you should know at this point, when Dreger says anything at all about the Leafs he's just saying exactly what the Leafs want him to say. Doesn't mean it's right or that Dreger is a doof. He's just passing on exactly what he heard.

Dreger to the Leafs is a more extreme version of Dater to the Avs. The difference is that Dreger really does have legit knowledge of other happenings around the league.

__________________
"Cody McLeod didn't get that nose working in an office"
- Gord Miller
Cousin Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 11:51 AM
  #616
electricjib
Registered User
 
electricjib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 9,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
Guys you should know at this point, when Dreger says anything at all about the Leafs he's just saying exactly what the Leafs want him to say. Doesn't mean it's right or that Dreger is a doof. He's just passing on exactly what he heard.

Dreger to the Leafs is a more extreme version of Dater to the Avs. The difference is that Dreger really does have legit knowledge of other happenings around the league.
Ehhh... he's been on a downward trajectory for awhile. And has been approaching Eklund level at times. The only thing keeping him from that is just rephrasing whatever Freidman or Bob say.

electricjib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 11:59 AM
  #617
Cousin Eddie
IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!
 
Cousin Eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 18,964
vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricjib View Post
Ehhh... he's been on a downward trajectory for awhile. And has been approaching Eklund level at times. The only thing keeping him from that is just rephrasing whatever Freidman or Bob say.
Nah, you're reaching. I don't know how you can say a guy who legitimately breaks numerous trades and signings each year is approaching "Eklund level".

Cousin Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 12:03 PM
  #618
electricjib
Registered User
 
electricjib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 9,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
Nah, you're reaching. I don't know how you can say a guy who legitimately breaks numerous trades and signings each year is approaching "Eklund level".
I can't really recall him breaking anything... It's usually Lebrun, Bob or Freidman....

electricjib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 06:09 PM
  #619
7even
Go on, do your duty
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 11,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
Guys you should know at this point, when Dreger says anything at all about the Leafs he's just saying exactly what the Leafs want him to say. Doesn't mean it's right or that Dreger is a doof. He's just passing on exactly what he heard.

Dreger to the Leafs is a more extreme version of Dater to the Avs. The difference is that Dreger really does have legit knowledge of other happenings around the league.
Nah, Dreger has been careening in some fantasy world since his cousin Nonis left Toronto. Dude used to be one of the better guys but he's honestly a straight up hack now. Current management doesn't talk to anyone.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.