HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Logan Stanley - Part III

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-24-2017, 11:47 PM
  #101
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,808
vCash: 500
Ok I have finished watching.

General observations:

Positives:

-He had his head up and was looking to make plays with the puck on his stick. I didn't see any pressures chips or plays to nobody tonight. Every time he had the puck he made a play with purpose. Completely different than Chariot.

I tracked defensive touches that lead to a breakout

Chip out he was one for one (Not sure if you where seeing something different Daximus)

Pass that lead to or was supposed to lead to a breakout hm(5 for 9 when a breakout with control was achieved) Of the 4 uncontrolled exits 2 where on him (almost own goal and flubbed pass) and two where on his teammates.

-He showed more poise with the puck when he had it and generated a few good chances.

- His gap was much improved and stood up and forced controlled turnovers at the line a few times.

-Showed good awareness and a quick stick to clear dangerous rebounds from the crease.

-The Spitfires didn't tend to get hemmed in too much when he was on the ice

Critiques:

-Tends to stop moving his feet and gets caught puck watching coupled with below average agility which leads to him being a split second behind many plays defensively and having him scramble.

- Puck recovery. He was slow back on dump ins and often just tried to tie his man up. He needs to watch JoMo and start getting back hard and then quickly moving the puck.

-While I liked his poise with the puck he didn't have nearly enough touches often times deferring to his teammates. While some of that may be due to him getting back into the swing of things I do believe he needs to up his intensity and be more assertive both offensively and defensively. Found he was a bit too passive at times as well.

1st period:
Made a smart play to separate a player from the puck on the wall and left it for a teammate to transition it out.

-Good breakout and offensive sequence on the 4 on 4 which lead to the first goal. He made a number of smart plays there.

- Very nice up the middle breakout pass that lead to Windsers 2nd goal.

On the flip side almost banked a breakout off his goalie and in and flubbed a breakout pass that lead to a turn over.

- Was slow going in for a hit which lead to him getting spun off leading to a chance.

2nd period:

-Smart point shot that lead to a good chance.

-Smart read on the PK to breakup a pass and than clear it out.

-Good step up and stick at the blue line. Also a heads up play to quickly get it tape to tape on a teammate quickly going back on the attack.

Critiques: Got caught puck watching on the PK at times.

3rd:

- Another good stick check at the blue line and another quick heads up play to a teammate going on the attack.

- Nice gap and play Strome

Nothing really major to critic him on other than the penalty late.

All in all as others have said it was a very solid albiet quiet and safe game from him.

He definitely still has a long ways to go but he's fared well given his injury.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2017, 11:47 PM
  #102
ps241
.915 please Steve
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 21,398
vCash: 50
I thought Stanley looked better tonight than his previous two games which is a good sign since this was an excellent opponent. All good comments from you guys. He played conservative but took his opprotunity to punish Strome on the boards when he got it. Thomson was working a great system to counteract Erie's attack and he tended to have the D men layered at times which took Stanley off the blue line and into a more passive position at times. I thought he didn't look overwhelmed at all and was comfortable with the pace of the game. He understands the system and plays his roll within it well and rarely gets caught in the wrong spot. There were a couple of times he engaged and joined in on the O which was a pleasantly surprising.

He is a long term project which we all new but tonight wasn't a bad showing he was part of a very dynamic top 4 defense.

Edit: very nice detail on your post Surixon.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2017, 11:57 PM
  #103
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,623
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Ok I have finished watching.

General observations:

Positives:

-He had his head up and was looking to make plays with the puck on his stick. I didn't see any pressures chips or plays to nobody tonight. Every time he had the puck he made a play with purpose. Completely different than Chariot.

I tracked defensive touches that lead to a breakout

Chip out he was one for one (Not sure if you where seeing something different Daximus)

Pass that lead to or was supposed to lead to a breakout hm(5 for 9 when a breakout with control was achieved) Of the 4 uncontrolled exits 2 where on him (almost own goal and flubbed pass) and two where on his teammates.

-He showed more poise with the puck when he had it and generated a few good chances.

- His gap was much improved and stood up and forced controlled turnovers at the line a few times.

-Showed good awareness and a quick stick to clear dangerous rebounds from the crease.

-The Spitfires didn't tend to get hemmed in too much when he was on the ice

Critiques:

-Tends to stop moving his feet and gets caught puck watching coupled with below average agility which leads to him being a split second behind many plays defensively and having him scramble.

- Puck recovery. He was slow back on dump ins and often just tried to tie his man up. He needs to watch JoMo and start getting back hard and then quickly moving the puck.

-While I liked his poise with the puck he didn't have nearly enough touches often times deferring to his teammates. While some of that may be due to him getting back into the swing of things I do believe he needs to up his intensity and be more assertive both offensively and defensively. Found he was a bit too passive at times as well.

1st period:
Made a smart play to separate a player from the puck on the wall and left it for a teammate to transition it out.

-Good breakout and offensive sequence on the 4 on 4 which lead to the first goal. He made a number of smart plays there.

- Very nice up the middle breakout pass that lead to Windsers 2nd goal.

On the flip side almost banked a breakout off his goalie and in and flubbed a breakout pass that lead to a turn over.

- Was slow going in for a hit which lead to him getting spun off leading to a chance.

2nd period:

-Smart point shot that lead to a good chance.

-Smart read on the PK to breakup a pass and than clear it out.

-Good step up and stick at the blue line. Also a heads up play to quickly get it tape to tape on a teammate quickly going back on the attack.

Critiques: Got caught puck watching on the PK at times.

3rd:

- Another good stick check at the blue line and another quick heads up play to a teammate going on the attack.

- Nice gap and play Strome

Nothing really major to critic him on other than the penalty late.

All in all as others have said it was a very solid albiet quiet and safe game from him.

He definitely still has a long ways to go but he's fared well given his injury.
Pretty much what I saw minus the first chip out. Is it controlled or did he get lucky with a streaking team mate? Even Stuart and Chiarot manage to pull those kinds of plays off. No different than a glass and out play. If he was smart enough to see a streaking team mate on a chip out then I'm surprised no one ever gives Chiarot and Stu a thumbs up when they do it. I think there is a strong need to make him seem smarter than he is. Or maybe I'm being overly critical and he is a smarter player than I give him credit for. The more I watch him the more I think he plays like Czuczman.

Daximus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 12:09 AM
  #104
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
Pretty much what I saw minus the first chip out. Is it controlled or did he get lucky with a streaking team mate? Even Stuart and Chiarot manage to pull those kinds of plays off. No different than a glass and out play. If he was smart enough to see a streaking team mate on a chip out then I'm surprised no one ever gives Chiarot and Stu a thumbs up when they do it. I think there is a strong need to make him seem smarter than he is. Or maybe I'm being overly critical and he is a smarter player than I give him credit for. The more I watch him the more I think he plays like Czuczman.
The issue with Stuart and Chariot is it is there go to play and they do whether a teammate is there or not. Chariot ranks pretty high among dmen when it comes to icing the puck.

It looked like he saw him as he's looking up the ice as he skates with the puck prior to him chipping it. Maybe he got lucky but it appear3d at least to me that he saw his player break to it.

Don't get me wrong I don't think Stanley is a particularly creative player and he's a bit limited in what he can do at the moment on the breakout, but he does at least look to make the controlled exit play much more often than not which is a big step up in terms of smarts from the guys mentioned who often just rip it around the boards and out without even looking for options.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 04:11 AM
  #105
HannuJ
Registered User
 
HannuJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronno
Posts: 4,548
vCash: 50
the general pros and cons seem pretty consistent.

he has to stop the "stand still in front of net" habit that he has. unsure if that's coaching, unawareness, etc. Honestly, a training camp with the Jets will go a long way. and, again, he's another player where i wish he can be in the A next year and not in juniors. needs some hard loving.

deferring on breaking the zone: i found that really odd. doesn't seem like a lack of comfort, but looks like some weird coaching. his D partner is obviously a bit more O-forward, but there was zero passing the puck around.

in all, not sure how someone can complain. he's arguably a top 3 D-man on a good D team. needs at least 2 more years of seasoning.

HannuJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 05:59 AM
  #106
KingBogo
Admitted Homer
 
KingBogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 14,481
vCash: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Ok I have finished watching.

General observations:

Positives:

-He had his head up and was looking to make plays with the puck on his stick. I didn't see any pressures chips or plays to nobody tonight. Every time he had the puck he made a play with purpose. Completely different than Chariot.

I tracked defensive touches that lead to a breakout

Chip out he was one for one (Not sure if you where seeing something different Daximus)

Pass that lead to or was supposed to lead to a breakout hm(5 for 9 when a breakout with control was achieved) Of the 4 uncontrolled exits 2 where on him (almost own goal and flubbed pass) and two where on his teammates.

-He showed more poise with the puck when he had it and generated a few good chances.

- His gap was much improved and stood up and forced controlled turnovers at the line a few times.

-Showed good awareness and a quick stick to clear dangerous rebounds from the crease.

-The Spitfires didn't tend to get hemmed in too much when he was on the ice

Critiques:

-Tends to stop moving his feet and gets caught puck watching coupled with below average agility which leads to him being a split second behind many plays defensively and having him scramble.

- Puck recovery. He was slow back on dump ins and often just tried to tie his man up. He needs to watch JoMo and start getting back hard and then quickly moving the puck.

-While I liked his poise with the puck he didn't have nearly enough touches often times deferring to his teammates. While some of that may be due to him getting back into the swing of things I do believe he needs to up his intensity and be more assertive both offensively and defensively. Found he was a bit too passive at times as well.

1st period:
Made a smart play to separate a player from the puck on the wall and left it for a teammate to transition it out.

-Good breakout and offensive sequence on the 4 on 4 which lead to the first goal. He made a number of smart plays there.

- Very nice up the middle breakout pass that lead to Windsers 2nd goal.

On the flip side almost banked a breakout off his goalie and in and flubbed a breakout pass that lead to a turn over.

- Was slow going in for a hit which lead to him getting spun off leading to a chance.

2nd period:

-Smart point shot that lead to a good chance.

-Smart read on the PK to breakup a pass and than clear it out.

-Good step up and stick at the blue line. Also a heads up play to quickly get it tape to tape on a teammate quickly going back on the attack.

Critiques: Got caught puck watching on the PK at times.

3rd:

- Another good stick check at the blue line and another quick heads up play to a teammate going on the attack.

- Nice gap and play Strome

Nothing really major to critic him on other than the penalty late.

All in all as others have said it was a very solid albiet quiet and safe game from him.

He definitely still has a long ways to go but he's fared well given his injury.
Very good overview. He did play a very, safe, solid and conservative game and not sure how much is due to shaking off the rust just coming back after 4 months off. It will be interesting to see what steps further steps forward he can make again next season.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 06:01 AM
  #107
ps241
.915 please Steve
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 21,398
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannuJ View Post
the general pros and cons seem pretty consistent.

he has to stop the "stand still in front of net" habit that he has. unsure if that's coaching, unawareness, etc. Honestly, a training camp with the Jets will go a long way. and, again, he's another player where i wish he can be in the A next year and not in juniors. needs some hard loving.

deferring on breaking the zone: i found that really odd. doesn't seem like a lack of comfort, but looks like some weird coaching. his D partner is obviously a bit more O-forward, but there was zero passing the puck around.

in all, not sure how someone can complain. he's arguably a top 3 D-man on a good D team. needs at least 2 more years of seasoning.
I actually think another year in juniors will help because he should have a more prominent roll next season and that may provide the opprotunity for him to be "the man". It would be nice to see him push the offensive side of his game more too and without the other top 3 D men on the team they are going to need him to step up allot. Not sure I see that in his game yet so I think if he's going to find those elements it's better to do it ina league he is use too. At a bare minimum I would like to see him become more dominant at "his game" in the OHL for now.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 06:06 AM
  #108
KingBogo
Admitted Homer
 
KingBogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 14,481
vCash: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannuJ View Post
the general pros and cons seem pretty consistent.

he has to stop the "stand still in front of net" habit that he has. unsure if that's coaching, unawareness, etc. Honestly, a training camp with the Jets will go a long way. and, again, he's another player where i wish he can be in the A next year and not in juniors. needs some hard loving.

deferring on breaking the zone: i found that really odd. doesn't seem like a lack of comfort, but looks like some weird coaching. his D partner is obviously a bit more O-forward, but there was zero passing the puck around.

in all, not sure how someone can complain. he's arguably a top 3 D-man on a good D team. needs at least 2 more years of seasoning.
I don't know. I think another year in junior with an increased role will be best for him. Especially after missing 1/2 of this season. Then we are likely looking at a couple years in the A with gradually increasing responsibilities. Definitely a player the organization is projecting what he could become once he is able to develop fully as a player.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 06:49 AM
  #109
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,623
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I actually think another year in juniors will help because he should have a more prominent roll next season and that may provide the opprotunity for him to be "the man". It would be nice to see him push the offensive side of his game more too and without the other top 3 D men on the team they are going to need him to step up allot. Not sure I see that in his game yet so I think if he's going to find those elements it's better to do it ina league he is use too. At a bare minimum I would like to see him become more dominant at "his game" in the OHL for now.
Next year will be huge for him. Windsor is basically losing all of it's puck movers. Or they are very likely to anyways. Stanley is going to need to really up his transition game or Windsor is going to be a very bad team. Vilardi is basically the only returning forward in their top 6 as well so it's going to be a hard season for the two of them I think. We may even see one or both of them traded to facilitate a rebuild in Windsor.

Daximus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 06:58 AM
  #110
Jimby
Reformed Optimist
 
Jimby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 742
vCash: 168
To me, some of this "puck watching" and "standing still in front of the net" looked more like he was giving the goalie a clear view of the incoming shot. Not a bad play in my opinion.

Jimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 07:30 AM
  #111
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,623
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimby View Post
To me, some of this "puck watching" and "standing still in front of the net" looked more like he was giving the goalie a clear view of the incoming shot. Not a bad play in my opinion.
It's more when the puck is in the corners and plays are being made on the other side of the rink. He watches the play and not his check a lot and sometimes they get away from him pretty easy. It's correctable. Stu does this a lot to. Heck even Buff has been guilty of puck watching a fair bit.

Daximus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 07:50 AM
  #112
TS Quint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 879
vCash: 500
I like the optimism on this kid (finally!). I never liked the group who crapped on him for being tall. Let's see him play first at least, maybe look at him as an individual? He's a project. He's doing well and sure he has some thing to work on but the Jets seem to factor in intellect to their drafting so hopefully he can learn. In 3-4 years hopefully we have a good 2nd pair dman.

TS Quint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 08:31 AM
  #113
DiggerD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 115
vCash: 500
http://windsorstar.com/sports/hockey...n-the-blueline

DiggerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 08:38 AM
  #114
HannuJ
Registered User
 
HannuJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronno
Posts: 4,548
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimby View Post
To me, some of this "puck watching" and "standing still in front of the net" looked more like he was giving the goalie a clear view of the incoming shot. Not a bad play in my opinion.
he seems to fall into a trap of playing a zone, which will never fly in the NHL. players cut in and move to fast. when you're standing still while the puck's cycling, you're gonna get caught big time.

not sure if it's just a junior thing, a development thing or an IQ thing, but Stanley was guilty and he was definitely not the only Windsor D guilty of it.

HannuJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 09:02 AM
  #115
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 27,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggerD View Post
I think the key phrase for Stanley is "makes the simple play". I'm not sure how that will translate as he progresses to higher levels, which is the main issue.

Whileee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 09:03 AM
  #116
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 27,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
Pretty much what I saw minus the first chip out. Is it controlled or did he get lucky with a streaking team mate? Even Stuart and Chiarot manage to pull those kinds of plays off. No different than a glass and out play. If he was smart enough to see a streaking team mate on a chip out then I'm surprised no one ever gives Chiarot and Stu a thumbs up when they do it. I think there is a strong need to make him seem smarter than he is. Or maybe I'm being overly critical and he is a smarter player than I give him credit for. The more I watch him the more I think he plays like Czuczman.
I could be wrong, but everything I've seen from Stanley suggests to me that he'll be better at moving the puck than Stuart and probably Chiarot. I think his puck skills and thinking is a bit better than both, considering his development stage.

Whileee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 09:17 AM
  #117
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 13,218
vCash: 50
His straight ahead skating doesn't look too bad to me, but what always sticks out (even before we drafted him while watching the U18's) is his agility and ability to transition.

I'd really love for him to work on his edge work, his transition to skating backwards, and his overall backwards skating lateral mobility.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 09:26 AM
  #118
Jimby
Reformed Optimist
 
Jimby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 742
vCash: 168
Heading into Wednesday’s game, the Spitfires had allowed just three goals in two games. Goalie Michael DiPietro said Stanley’s return has been a boost to the defence.

“When Stan’s on the back end, he just keeps things simple,” DiPietro said. “Obviously, he’s a big confidence boost for myself knowing nine times out of 10 he’ll make the simple play, but he also has the skill set to make the not-so-simple play and execute it properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
I think the key phrase for Stanley is "makes the simple play". I'm not sure how that will translate as he progresses to higher levels, which is the main issue.

Jimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 10:01 AM
  #119
GoJetsGo204
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
I was at the game last night. Obviously we hear about his size, but man does he look like a freak out there in person with his height.

Everything about his game has been covered above, but another interesting tidbit of information, and take it for what it's worth.. I was sitting in a section with (presumably) all Spitfire season ticket holders, and they were yelling at him all game, calling him "Stupid Stanley", "Slow Stanley", etc. Just made me wonder why their fans heckle him at a time when the support for the team should be through the roof. Was a little odd.

Overall: looked to keep up with the pace of play, but his foot speed and agility were evident in the Dzone. Also, didn't look as mean or aggressive as I was hoping for a guy of his size. Looked to bump into people instead of impose his will. Can really see this pick being a shut down D or bust type.

Just my two cents.

GoJetsGo204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 10:04 AM
  #120
Rheged
JMFT
 
Rheged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
Next year will be huge for him. Windsor is basically losing all of it's puck movers. Or they are very likely to anyways. Stanley is going to need to really up his transition game or Windsor is going to be a very bad team. Vilardi is basically the only returning forward in their top 6 as well so it's going to be a hard season for the two of them I think. We may even see one or both of them traded to facilitate a rebuild in Windsor.
There have been rumors that Stanley will end up in Kitchener next season, where I think he'd be the presumptive #1.. Day and McEneny at least I'd expect back in Windsor.

Rheged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 10:13 AM
  #121
TS Quint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimby View Post
Heading into Wednesday’s game, the Spitfires had allowed just three goals in two games. Goalie Michael DiPietro said Stanley’s return has been a boost to the defence.

“When Stan’s on the back end, he just keeps things simple,” DiPietro said. “Obviously, he’s a big confidence boost for myself knowing nine times out of 10 he’ll make the simple play, but he also has the skill set to make the not-so-simple play and execute it properly.
You know who else always made the simple play? Lidstrom. I'm not calling Stanley Lidstrom to any degree, I'm saying the simple play most times is the right play. If he's causing turnovers or getting the puck and making the simple play to the skilled players at the right time. That's fantastic. That's 95% of hockey.

TS Quint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 10:27 AM
  #122
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 27,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
His straight ahead skating doesn't look too bad to me, but what always sticks out (even before we drafted him while watching the U18's) is his agility and ability to transition.

I'd really love for him to work on his edge work, his transition to skating backwards, and his overall backwards skating lateral mobility.
Agree. I guess his mobility and quickness is affected by his age and size. The hope is that he has the diligence and basic physical skills to improve that enough to play at the NHL level.

Whileee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 10:28 AM
  #123
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Agree. I guess his mobility and quickness is affected by his age and size. The hope is that he has the diligence and basic physical skills to improve that enough to play at the NHL level.
He says he plans on working hard on it again this summer so hopefully it's improved in the fall. His mobility and quickness is better this year than last.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 10:40 AM
  #124
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,623
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
There have been rumors that Stanley will end up in Kitchener next season, where I think he'd be the presumptive #1.. Day and McEneny at least I'd expect back in Windsor.
I thought day might be eligible to play AHL but he misses the cutoff by 9 days. Day will likely be back as well then. Unlikely he makes the Rags out of camp.

Daximus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 10:46 AM
  #125
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,623
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo204 View Post
I was at the game last night. Obviously we hear about his size, but man does he look like a freak out there in person with his height.

Everything about his game has been covered above, but another interesting tidbit of information, and take it for what it's worth.. I was sitting in a section with (presumably) all Spitfire season ticket holders, and they were yelling at him all game, calling him "Stupid Stanley", "Slow Stanley", etc. Just made me wonder why their fans heckle him at a time when the support for the team should be through the roof. Was a little odd.

Overall: looked to keep up with the pace of play, but his foot speed and agility were evident in the Dzone. Also, didn't look as mean or aggressive as I was hoping for a guy of his size. Looked to bump into people instead of impose his will. Can really see this pick being a shut down D or bust type.

Just my two cents.
A lot of Spits fans are highly critical of his play. When you have guys like Serge, Day and Chatfield on your team Stanley can look pretty bad in comparison. We have our rose colored glasses on for him right now but to Spits fans its like having boat anchor Stuart out there.

Daximus is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.