HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXI

Closed Thread

Old
05-25-2017, 04:06 PM
ibengals
"Is Roy Squinting?"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
I came across this Hockey News article from back in March that lists the top-10 falling NHL prospects.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/ar...ling-prospects

It may interest some as a few of the prospects are often mentioned by fans of other teams as potential pieces in a Duchene/Landeskog trade.
I would 100% be in on Ryan Pulock. How can a 22 year old defenseman with 46 points in 55 games in the AHL drop on a prospects list?

Was 2nd on the team in scoring, better PPG than Josh Ho-Sang... I'll take him

Old
05-25-2017, 04:06 PM
Balthazar
Someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdAVSfan View Post
Ventured over to the habs trade board...eesh.

Duchene AND Landeskog, and we still don't get sergachev nor Galchenyuk.
Well if they are reading our board, with people here claiming left and right that Duchene is done and Landy is handicapped for life, of course they are going to say that.

Old
05-25-2017, 04:08 PM
Balthazar
Someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
I would 100% be in on Ryan Pulock. How can a 22 year old defenseman with 46 points in 55 games in the AHL drop on a prospects list?

I'll take him.
Me too. I'd consider a Duchene deal around MDC, Pulock and a 1st. That might be the best we can do.

Old
05-25-2017, 04:09 PM
ibengals
"Is Roy Squinting?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
Me too. I'd consider a Duchene deal around MDC, Pulock and a 1st. That might be the best we can do.
I would absolutely take that.

Pulock will undoubtedly become a top-4 defenseman, Dal Colle is a top-9 guy with room to grow still, and you could get a good player like Necas/Tolvanen/Tippett maybe with the 14th overall? Seems like a good deal.

Last edited by ibengals; 05-25-2017 at 04:15 PM..
Old
05-25-2017, 04:15 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:

Was 2nd on the team in scoring, better PPG than Josh Ho-Sang... I'll take him
Cause points are not everything and it is very debatable if Pulocks game will translate well to the next level.

There is a reason why he still is in the AHL at the age of 22.

That said. If we have to make a deal with the Islanders and can't even get Barzal, I would certainly prefer Pulock, MDC, 1st to most other combinations of 3 assets the Islanders might be willing to offer.

Old
05-25-2017, 04:20 PM
ibengals
"Is Roy Squinting?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Cause points are not everything and it is very debatable if Pulocks game will translate well to the next level.

That said. If we have to make a deal with the Islanders and can't even get Barzal, I would certainly prefer Pulock, MDC, 1st to most other combinations of 3 assets the Islanders might be willing to offer.
I've read the Islanders board, and they seem convinced he deserved to be playing in the NHL this year. I know he has a bomb from the point, actually clocked in the 105mph range, and he had 15 goals in the AHL which is impressive for a defenseman.

I don't see any red flags... 22 is not old for a defenseman.

Old
05-25-2017, 04:23 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:

There was a point in time when Patrick Roy sent a 22 year old Tyson Barrie down to the AHL.

I think Pulock can become a regular on an NHL D-corps next season.

Old
05-25-2017, 04:29 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
I've read the Islanders board, and they seem convinced he deserved to be playing in the NHL this year. I know he has a bomb from the point, actually clocked in the 105mph range, and he had 15 goals in the AHL which is impressive for a defenseman.

I don't see any red flags... 22 is not old for a defenseman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
There was a point in time when Patrick Roy sent a 22 year old Tyson Barrie down to the AHL.

Well he is 5 months older than Bigras and people are already writing him off to some extent. So yeah there is some concern with him still being an AHL player IMO.

Pulock has an amazing shot. He also seems to be decent enough at moving the puck.

But I am not all that convinced that he will be close to as productive on the next level against superior competition and I am not sold on him defensively and on his skating.

I agree that he will probably be in the NHL next season. And again I would prefer him as the "D" coming back to Hamonic and especially DeHaan but I am not as high on him as others are.

We will see. IMO with Barrie already on the roster and Meloche reaching the pros, I don't think he is a great centerpiece in return for Duchene.
Especially with Mironov also slotting in as RD (IIRC) next season. Not the greatest fit... Maybe if they have a steal of a trade lined up for Barrie but I don't really see that happening..

I would only do that if the Isles overall package is way superior valuewise to what other teams are willing to offer.

Old
05-25-2017, 04:29 PM
BrickAHL
Terry Balboa

vCash: 50
Quote:

And if we took Avalanche Facebook comments as gospel, you would know that he should've never been called up.

Old
05-25-2017, 04:44 PM
AvsJost98

Avs should really initiate a trade with Tampa. Barrie for Drouin would be totally fair for both sides with maybe a few secondary pieces coming back each way. Tampa needs to resign 2 other top 6 forwards and they will be unable to re-sign one due to salary cap. Avs should be able to give Drouin a nice MacK like long term contract. Barrie, the offensive defenseman can has a good contract also.

Old
05-25-2017, 04:44 PM
Foppa
Future Norris Winner

I'm with Joem on Pulock. Not that I wouldn't gladly take him. The problem is that the Isles have a bunch of interesting assets but none who stand out to me as the type of player who projects as the salve to our worst issues. Even Barzal, as talented as he is - I dunno, I'm just not convinced he won't be an exciting yet rather inconsistent finesse oriented gun shy playmaker at the NHL level. And that's assuming we even have a chance at him at this point which we may very well not.

Then again, maybe you just need to focus on getting as many good assets back for Duchene at this point and just move on while rolling the dice a bit with multiple young pieces coming back.

Remember back when we were dreaming of Hanifin or Ekholm+Fiala+Fabbro? Or last off season when many if not most of us scoffed at dealing Matty straight up for low-fancy stat Cam Fowler or disgruntled Jacob Trouba?

Yeah...I'll take a do over please.

Old
05-25-2017, 04:47 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Well he is 5 months older than Bigras and people are already writing him off to some extent. So yeah there is some concern with him still being an AHL player IMO.

Pulock has an amazing shot. He also seems to be decent enough at moving the puck.

But I am not all that convinced that he will be close to as productive on the next level against superior competition and I am not sold on him defensively and on his skating.

I agree that he will probably be in the NHL next season. And again I would prefer him as the "D" coming back to Hamonic and especially DeHaan but I am not as high on him as others are.

We will see. IMO with Barrie already on the roster and Meloche reaching the pros, I don't think he is a great centerpiece in return for Duchene.
Especially with Mironov also slotting in as RD (IIRC) next season. Not the greatest fit... Maybe if they have a steal of a trade lined up for Barrie but I don't really see that happening..
If Pulock is acquired from the Islanders, I'd bet big money that the Avs will have either already moved Barrie or will look to move him soon afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
And if we took Avalanche Facebook comments as gospel, you would know that he should've never been called up.
You mean we shouldn't pencil Duncan Siemens into the top pairing next season?

Old
05-25-2017, 05:49 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdAVSfan View Post
Ventured over to the habs trade board...eesh.

Duchene AND Landeskog, and we still don't get sergachev nor Galchenyuk.
Wow, after reading your comment I decided to go read their thread as well. And you aren't kidding, the only thing I can gather is that all the Montreal posters are insane.

I think the best comment was "My pitch to the Avs would be Gallagher, Beaulieu, Juulsen, 1st, 2nd, Lindgren." and this was in reference to the Avs trading both Landy and Duchene. I won't post the user name as to not embarrass them.

So we give up two under 27 all-star caliber players on reasonable contracts for a winger with a career high of 47pts (Gallagher), a dman with no value to negative value (Beaulieu), a decent prospect but nowhere near a high end prospect (Juulsen), a late 1st in a garbage draft, and a 2nd.

Are they ****ing crazy??? If we are giving up both those guys I can guarantee we'll get Galchenyuk and Sergachev and most likely a couple more decent assets. If we don't, then whomever the GM is at that point should be taken out back and shot.

Old
05-25-2017, 06:56 PM
Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ararana View Post
Hell at this point I'd do a Duchene for Hanifin straight up, forget the package.
I'd add to Duchene

Last edited by 18007; 05-25-2017 at 07:02 PM..
Old
05-25-2017, 07:17 PM
StayAtHomeAv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18007 View Post
I'd add to Duchene
Yep. Toss in Greer or something since they are worried about Duchene leaving after two years.

Old
05-25-2017, 07:19 PM
Sea Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsJost98 View Post
Avs should really initiate a trade with Tampa. Barrie for Drouin would be totally fair for both sides with maybe a few secondary pieces coming back each way. Tampa needs to resign 2 other top 6 forwards and they will be unable to re-sign one due to salary cap. Avs should be able to give Drouin a nice MacK like long term contract. Barrie, the offensive defenseman can has a good contract also.
I was thinking Barrie + Grigorenko's rights, if done sooner rather than later? Grig's could fill a gap at wing on their bottom 6. 23 points in 75 games (10 goals) at 22 isn't bad (not great).

Worst case, we help them with a cap dump like Callahan, who will be 34 by his contracts end.

Old
05-25-2017, 07:22 PM
dahrougem2

You don't add Greer to Duchene for Hanifin. Come on now.

Old
05-25-2017, 07:24 PM
hughdreamz

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayAtHomeAv View Post
Yep. Toss in Greer or something since they are worried about Duchene leaving after two years.
You don't "toss in" Greer. He could be a very vital part of this team in the future. He's one of our only decent prospects

Old
05-25-2017, 07:25 PM
Sea Eagles

Quote:
You don't add Greer to Duchene for Hanifin. Come on now.
Agree.

I'd go:
To Colorado: Noah Hanifin + Nic Roy
To Carolina: Matt Duchene

OR
To Colorado: Noah Hanifin + 10th Overall

Old
05-25-2017, 07:27 PM
Avs44

I'd add Greer. Or I'd add Bigras. In fact, I would also do what henchy suggested a while ago; Duchene+31+Bigras. Secure this team a future #1 defensman and deal with the much smaller problems afterwards.

Old
05-25-2017, 07:28 PM
hughdreamz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Eagles View Post
Agree.

I'd go:

OR
No way CAR does this. I do like getting the 10th overall idea though. Especially if Tippett is still there.

To Carolina
Duchene + Bigras + 3rd/4th rounder

To Colorado
Hanifin + 10th overall

Old
05-25-2017, 07:30 PM
Avs71

I would be fine adding Bigras, if the Canes added something else as well. I would not add Greer.

Old
05-25-2017, 07:35 PM
StayAtHomeAv

Exactly why is Greer so valuable?

Old
05-25-2017, 07:42 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
Quote:
What other near NHL ready or power forward or winger do we have?

Old
05-25-2017, 07:48 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Eagles View Post
Agree.

I'd go:

OR
That's just overkill from the Hurricanes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
I'd add Greer. Or I'd add Bigras. In fact, I would also do what henchy suggested a while ago; Duchene+31+Bigras. Secure this team a future #1 defensman and deal with the much smaller problems afterwards.
I would do Duchene + 31 or Duchene + Bigras. I would not do Duchene + 31 + Bigras all for Hanifin. I'd be comfortable moving Bigras because Hanifin essentially takes his place at a much speedier rate, and having Hanifin + Zadorov on the left side would ease moving Bigras.
Quote:
Because he looks like he'll be a really good NHL player? We aren't exactly swimming in depth, nor do we have a lot of players like him who have a high motor, don't back down, can skate, and gifted offensively. People worry about Landeskog slowing down over the next few years (especially if his back gets worse). Greer is someone who can potentially replace what Landeskog brings. Maybe not defensively, but on the offensive and physical side? Absolutely. He's improved tremendously over the last few years. If he continues to work hard and develop, we've got a player on our hands.

Closed Thread