HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXI

Closed Thread

Old
05-25-2017, 07:59 PM
StayAtHomeAv

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervixxxen View Post
What other near NHL ready or power forward or winger do we have?
We have a lot of young wingers in the 3rd line , 2nd line range.

Greer's value isn't that much.

Old
05-25-2017, 08:01 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayAtHomeAv View Post

Please name them?

Old
05-25-2017, 08:23 PM
Fiddy

vCash: 50
Bigras makes more sense to me to throw in some kind of deal.

I'd toss in Greer if it came down to it too, though.....there are a lot of guys like him in the NHL. There aren't as many top pairing d prospects out there. If it takes him to get it done I do it, too. Obviously Carolina would have to throw something in from their side like a draft pick or player to even it out.

Old
05-25-2017, 08:26 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18007 View Post
Bigras makes more sense to me to throw in some kind of deal.

I'd toss in Greer if it came down to it too, though.....there are a lot of guys like him in the NHL. There aren't as many top pairing d prospects out there. If it takes him to get it done I do it, too. Obviously Carolina would have to throw something in from their side like a draft pick or player to even it out.
Are there really a lot of players out there who play that way, though?

Old
05-25-2017, 08:28 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
Not that have the offensive upside. Greer is like Cody McLeod who can goalz...

Edit : And on that note... We've been trying to find another McGinn since we lost McGinn.

Old
05-25-2017, 08:31 PM
Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
Well, more than there are top pairing defense options.

I like Greer and I like his game but I think I'd take the chance we would get a real good defender out of the situation. They are harder to find.

Old
05-25-2017, 08:35 PM
Sea Eagles

Quote:

A J Greer is outstanding mate. I think he's a 3rd line left W to begin, but has the potential to be 2nd line if everything goes right later on. I was surprised he went bak to the AHL when he did tbh.

BTW, people are GROSSLY under valuing Duchene based on ONE poor season. Hanifin got benched in a game as well this season.

Old
dahrougem2

Quote:

I like Greer and I like his game but I think I'd take the chance we would get a real good defender out of the situation. They are harder to find.
True, but you don't just keep on giving for the sake of it. Duchene for Hanifin is a good basis for a deal, and we have other pieces that we can add to a deal such as our 2nd round pick or Chris Bigras that are easier to let go of than Greer is.

Hanifin also isn't really where a guy like Seth Jones was at the time of being dealt. I don't know if the Canes can command a king's ransom

EDIT: In saying this, if the Canes say "We'll give you Hanifin for Duchene only if Greer is included. Then you've got a deal 100%" then yeah, I'd probably make the deal. But if there are negotiations, try to leave him out of them.

Old
CobraAcesS

Quote:

I think if you really believe in Hanifin that much and Greer is the lynch pin, then you get it done, but you don't make a habit of that type of thing.

So in practice I think I'd make the move, but you can't just say Greer does not have that much value. Hes got a ton of value to this team right now. To me he is part of the culture change that will happen once this younger under 23 core takes over IMO. Greer, Zadorov, Rantanen, Compher, and Jost all have the right mindset that this team needs to change the dynamic significantly.

Old
05-25-2017, 08:36 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Eagles View Post
A J Greer is outstanding mate. I think he's a 3rd line left W to begin, but has the potential to be 2nd line if everything goes right later on. I was surprised he went bak to the AHL when he did tbh.

BTW, people are GROSSLY under valuing Duchene based on ONE poor season. Hanifin got benched in a game as well this season.
Nobody is undervaluing Duchene. The price for defensemen is very high. You were grossly overvaluing him when you suggest the Hurricanes add to Hanifin for Duchene alone.

Old
05-25-2017, 08:36 PM
Sea Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Not that have the offensive upside. Greer is like Cody McLeod who can goalz...

Edit : And on that note... We've been trying to find another McGinn since we lost McGinn.
I thought both Downie and Parenteau did that admirably, but they both dropped down the pecking order for some reason as their time here continued.

Thing I loved about Downie, is he gave our top 6 some spit. That's something I think we've lacked on the top 2 lines for ages.

Old
05-25-2017, 08:41 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
I thought both Downie and Parenteau did that admirably, but they both dropped down the pecking order for some reason as their time here continued.

Thing I loved about Downie, is he gave our top 6 some spit. That's something I think we've lacked on the top 2 lines for ages.
With Downie something happened in the locker room with other players and Roy moved him out. Parenteau stopped putting in a good effort behind the puck and Roy wasn't having it so he got demoted and never recovered.

What we've lacked is that depth, as a couple of years ago we had guys playing on our third line putting up 20 goals. Guys like McGinn etc who could play up and down for injuries and added valuable scoring depth.

Old
05-25-2017, 08:44 PM
Fiddy

Quote:

I've been trying to trade Duchene for 3+ years just not really my kind of player. Add in the fact that he probably won't be around when the Av's time to be good comes around again, read 2-3 + years, why not get rid of the guy?

About Greer, I'd obviously want something coming back other than just Hannifin.....like a pick or prospect a little less than Greer's potential worth.

Old
05-25-2017, 08:54 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:

People certainly aren't underrating Duchene. If anything he's still bring pretty strongly overrated by a few people here. Expecting Hanifin+or even Hanifin straight up at this point is some severe overrating.

Old
05-25-2017, 09:19 PM
AvsJost98

Quote:
I was thinking Barrie + Grigorenko's rights, if done sooner rather than later? Grig's could fill a gap at wing on their bottom 6. 23 points in 75 games (10 goals) at 22 isn't bad (not great).

Worst case, we help them with a cap dump like Callahan, who will be 34 by his contracts end.
Sea Eagles, this move would propel Avs to playoffs next season, and we would not be able to draft a high pick. If we traded Barrie and Grigs for Drouin and Callahan and then traded Duchene for Hanifin or a package to Isles for CDH + +. We are getting a top young prospect D and top young 6 forward in Drouin with a few other pieces back.
These two are the biggest puzzle pieces that this team needs, top young, ready Dman and a top 6 young forward winger.

Old
05-25-2017, 09:38 PM
Fiddy

Quote:

I've been trying to trade Duchene for 3+ years just not really my kind of player. Add in the fact that he probably won't be around when the Av's time to be good comes around again, read 2-3 + years, why not get rid of the guy?

About Greer, I'd obviously want something coming back other than just Hannifin.....like a pick or prospect a little less than Greer's potential worth.

Old
05-25-2017, 10:01 PM
lonelybadger

Duchene for drouin then 4th overall for a d man. Right?

Old
05-25-2017, 10:24 PM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

To me there are things that are pretty clear, and that makes their reset plan pretty clear. Both Duchene and Barrie won't be here long term, and both have had trouble fitting into how the team is built. The other thing is that they need to bring in two defenseman, hopefully one with top pairing potential.

That makes things pretty simple IMO, but it hinges on who's available at #4 in the draft.

Ideally they pick Hesikanen in the draft. Then they trade Duchene for another D man, and Barrie for a forward.

The details can shake out as they do, but that should be the basis for the plan IMO.

If Hesikanen isn't there, they will have to adjust, and their future team probably won't be as good, because the two defenseman they bring in likely will be watered down.

Old
05-25-2017, 10:26 PM
Fiddy

Quote:

Old
05-25-2017, 10:32 PM
StayAtHomeAv

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Please name them?
Landeskog
Rantanen
Compher (could end up on wing)
Ghetto
Morrison
Beaudin (could end up on wing)
Nieto
Grigo

Plus MacK and Jost at C.

Whereas on D we have:
Hanafin*
Zadorov
Bigras
Meloche
Mironov
Boikov

Greer is at best our 6th forward of that group. No way should we be moving Bigras or Meloche or even Mironov in favor of a guy like Greer unless the other team just demanded one of them, especially since Zadorov hasn't even established himself as a top4 player.

And don't get me wrong. I didn't pick Greer because he is the guy I would most like to see go. But Grigo only has 2 RFA years left and putting out a name like Baron or Geertsen seemed pointless.

Old
05-25-2017, 10:33 PM
Iracundia
2 good for a rebuild

vCash: 31174
As nice as it would be, Hanifin isn't happening. We should be discussing who would be the best fit between Bean or Fleury.

Old
05-25-2017, 10:40 PM
hughdreamz

Quote:
Landeskog
Rantanen
Compher (could end up on wing)
Ghetto
Morrison
Beaudin (could end up on wing)
Nieto
Grigo

Plus MacK and Jost at C.

Whereas on D we have:
Hanafin*
Zadorov
Bigras
Meloche
Mironov
Boikov

Greer is at best our 6th forward of that group. No way should we be moving Bigras or Meloche or even Mironov in favor of a guy like Greer unless the other team just demanded one of them, especially since Zadorov hasn't even established himself as a top4 player.

And don't get me wrong. I didn't pick Greer because he is the guy I would most like to see go. But Grigo only has 2 RFA years left and putting out a name like Baron or Geertsen seemed pointless.
From your list, only Rantanen and Landeskog are any good. Andrigetto had a great end of the year. We don't know if that will carry. He was a consistent scratch on a playoff team. Compher is a C and that's final. Beaudin and Morrison are not NHL ready. Grigo is gone. There is 0 depth on the wing. Greer is NHL ready. We can't trade him.

Old
05-25-2017, 10:46 PM
AvsJost98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iracundia View Post
As nice as it would be, Hanifin isn't happening. We should be discussing who would be the best fit between Bean or Fleury.
News of the day. Hanifin is not being traded now? Why would Sakic want a Bean or Fleury downgrade? It's the other teams that will bend backwards to get a top line center that they desperately need in order to make playoffs.

Old
05-25-2017, 11:04 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughdreamz View Post
From your list, only Rantanen and Landeskog are any good. Andrigetto had a great end of the year. We don't know if that will carry. He was a consistent scratch on a playoff team. Compher is a C and that's final. Beaudin and Morrison are not NHL ready. Grigo is gone. There is 0 depth on the wing. Greer is NHL ready. We can't trade him.
i think andrighetto being a consistent scratch says more about how he was misused (or as in not at all) than about his abilities. he's had pretty good production/ice time. just hasn't gotten enough minutes. while not 100% guarantee, players who produce at good rate in low minutes tend to produce well when given chance for bigger minutes.

some may never get that chance, bc they arent good enough defensively or don't fit the top 6 well (size, limited position flexibility etc) but in any case i think ghetto should be good scoring 3rd liner if nothing else.

Old
05-25-2017, 11:08 PM
Ararana

vCash: 966
Carolina's pick is 12, not 10.

Closed Thread