HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eric Lindros for Mike Comrie?

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2003, 09:18 AM
metallicat
@metallicat51

vCash: 500
Eric Lindros for Mike Comrie?

I am hearing rumors about this possible trade, anyone else hear it? What do you think about it?

Old
10-27-2003, 09:21 AM
Obsessed

Nope. Aint gonna happen. The Edmonton Sun called it a LOL proposal today and Spectors had a similar response. Lindros peaked sometime ago. Now hes had more concussions that George Foreman and could do a comercial for marshmallows with the intensity he brings every night.

If the Rags want Communist they'll have to come up with a better proposal than that.

Ps

"stranger things have happened"

Old
10-27-2003, 11:55 AM
mrhockey123

I think hell woudl have to freeze over.

Remembe Lowe (or was it slats) tried to get Lindros a few years ago but he wouldnt come play here? not gonna happen. Also we have enough cry babies around here already.

We dotn need his headaches (both litteraly and metaphorically) we dont need his salary, and we dont need his pops.

pass...

now if youre talkin Lundie and or Blackburn (if blackburn isnt ruined yet like so many rags "prospects") then the oilers would most certainly listen.

Old
10-27-2003, 12:01 PM
Slats432

Stop the Insanity........

Lindros won't be an Oiler....but Lundmark, Tjutin for Comrie would work for me.

Old
10-27-2003, 02:52 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
Stop the Insanity........

Lindros won't be an Oiler....but Lundmark, Tjutin for Comrie would work for me.
If the Rangers were to eat a large portion of Lindros' salary. I would be tempted by Lindros. Lindros only has to be qualified at 2.7 Million for next season.

Imagine a line of

Smyth Lindros Hemsky

Lindros is capable of being one of the most dominant players in the NHL. Yeah, he's sucked during his last couple of years in New York. But then again, who hasn't? If the Rangers were to pay a big chunk of Lindros' salary, I think this trade could work.

Old
10-27-2003, 04:28 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Yes it was Lowe and the deal was Niinimaa for Lindros. I think it would help Big E to get out of NYR - it's a career killer that place. I for one would be far from disapointed if Comrie was delt for Lindros as he could possibly be the impact player we've lacked, and he would also be the size down the middle we've needed - and OMG would a Smyth-Lindros-Hemsky like kick all ass!

Old
10-27-2003, 09:29 PM
mrhockey123

I have spent many a night grumbling about how Im sick and tired of trading 'now' players for future players (ie picks and prospects) but this Lindros scenario has me back tracking at a phenominal rate.

Lindros is not young, he is big but he is injury prone. His off-ice antics are definately not something the oilers need right now, and id hate to give up comrrie for basically what amounts to a quickie. Besides, Slats has probably forgotten how to trade a 'now' player for a kid

I would really love to see the whiney brat (MC) in new york because he'll turn into a Scott Frasier over there. No questioning MC's skills but they have something in their Gatorade that makes their athletes apathetic...hmmm Nalyd Psycho is from Winnipeg, i wonder if HE has something to do with it :p

Old
10-28-2003, 08:44 AM
Slats432

Again...pre concussion Lindros was a force. Post concussion Lindros is just trying to maximize earnings before retirement.

Remember which one you are trading for.

Old
10-28-2003, 10:11 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
Again...pre concussion Lindros was a force. Post concussion Lindros is just trying to maximize earnings before retirement.

Remember which one you are trading for.

In his first year in NY he was real good. He played tough and put up good numbers. I think he - like every other player there - needs to get out of NY to turn his game around. I think he can still be a top impact center in this league.

Old
10-28-2003, 10:31 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
In his first year in NY he was real good. He played tough and put up good numbers. I think he - like every other player there - needs to get out of NY to turn his game around. I think he can still be a top impact center in this league.
Everything that I heard about Lindros his first year is that he stayed away from contact because of his games played bonus clause. Basically turned into a perimeter player.

Honestly, why would the Edmonton Oilers trade for a guy that is one hit away from oblivion?

Old
10-28-2003, 12:11 PM
metallicat
@metallicat51

You guys talk about what, talk about his off ice antics...well maybe you should watch Three men and a Goal that had the bios of Lindros, Gary Roberts, and Aaron Downey's off season training regimes...Lindros is definetely dedicated to the NHL, and I dont think he is one hit from oblivian. He would IMO, be a good add to this team.

Old
10-28-2003, 01:46 PM
momentai

Lindros has amazing talent... Pre-concussion he was a force out there on the ice.

But afterwards, he has NEVER looked like the same player. He simply cannot do the things anymore that made him successful as a player. Concussions have made him softer and definitely not the better player for it. I think we should stay from Eric and his contract.

Closed Thread