Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 16-17 Part XVIII

Old
06-16-2017, 05:32 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezeric View Post
I may like sergachev more than most. But if you can get him and draft valimaki and lilli then your defensive prospects go from a huge need to a strength.
If I had Serge I would be inclined to draft a RHD and a C but having all 3 would not be a bad idea either.

D prospects seem to be more easily traded than F's so if you end up with an excess you are still in a good place.

Obviously there is risk inherent in this suggestion because we are talking unproven prospects and even high picks sometimes bust. I think Sergachev might be a little overrated right now but he is still tracking to be a top 4 D and maybe top 2. The other prospects we would be looking at have similar projections. The downside is that all are 1-3 years away from their rookie NHL seasons. Add another year before they become positive contributors.

Some will say that a pick and a prospect is not enough for Trouba and they may be right but it is a high pick and an A+ prospect so if it is not enough it is very close.

Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 05:59 PM
lablite47

vCash: 500
Here's hoping LVKs sign UFA postman and done with the XD!

lablite47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 08:34 PM
D1G

One thing we have always heard from Chevy and the organization is that we would start to make trades while we are in a position on strength. I feel that there will be a lot of good players that will have to be exposed and obviusly their team should be willing to almost give them away instead of losing them for nothing. I hope Chevy is true to his words and gets us an improvement during this process

D1G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 10:00 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1G View Post
One thing we have always heard from Chevy and the organization is that we would start to make trades while we are in a position on strength. I feel that there will be a lot of good players that will have to be exposed and obviusly their team should be willing to almost give them away instead of losing them for nothing. I hope Chevy is true to his words and gets us an improvement during this process
They're only being given away because their team can't protect them. The Jets are in a similar situation. The time to make a move will be with Vegas after the expansion draft.

A position of strength right now is having room to protect players that you acquire cheaply, and right now, the Jets don't have that strength.

tbcwpg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 10:15 PM
D1G

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
They're only being given away because their team can't protect them. The Jets are in a similar situation. The time to make a move will be with Vegas after the expansion draft.

A position of strength right now is having room to protect players that you acquire cheaply, and right now, the Jets don't have that strength.
Either way. I said during this process. And if that is after the expansion draft I am holding out for hope they chevy improves us somehow

D1G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 10:17 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Either way. I said during this process. And if that is after the expansion draft I am holding out for hope they chevy improves us somehow
I am too. I'm just saying the guys who might be available now are not going to be available for the same price after the expansion draft. If they end up in Vegas, it'll cost a bit to get them.

tbcwpg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 11:48 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 576
Quote:
Nobody is being given away, nor sold cheaply either. None yet anyway.

If a team wants to move a player they can't protect then the price has to be at least the value of the next player they would lose + a bit. If they have multiple players they can't protect then they gain nothing by moving only 1. There is no bonanza of cheap gold here.

Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 12:02 AM
Snot Rocket
HF anti-tank squad

vCash: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post

That makes far too much sense, so unfortunately I regret I will have to report you for a "Thoughtcrime".

Snot Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 02:22 PM
Gil Fisher

lol @ Eklund who had Montreal going hard for Trouba (E1) just before the deadline.

The price for Mtl would be Sergachev, Beaulieu and a couple firsts...oh wait....they have nothing left.

Gil Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 02:27 PM
ruffus23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lablite47 View Post
Here's hoping LVKs sign UFA postman and done with the XD!
i would like to see postman stay with jets. ideally i would like to see jets carry 8 defenceman and give more days off to the defence throughout the year.

jets must have most injuries to defence over past few years. i think enstrom and myers could both use more recovery days and fewer back to back games (pretty much every player could use less btb).

ruffus23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 03:57 PM
jetdiehard

Tucker Poolman 6-4 220 is a great one, hopefully his shoulders are coming along well.

jetdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 08:33 AM
Gil Fisher

Stoller reporting via source that the Jets will offer Enstrom a one-year extension if he isn't scooped up by Vegas.

I read it as being a reward for waiving his NMC.

I'd be comfortable with that.

Gil Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 09:31 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
Stoller reporting via source that the Jets will offer Enstrom a one-year extension if he isn't scooped up by Vegas.

I read it as being a reward for waiving his NMC.

I'd be comfortable with that.
Sounds perfect for us tbh not like we are going to sign anyone better than him on the market. Short term with veterans = good thing

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 09:48 AM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

vCash: 366
1 year at 3 mill extension.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 09:50 AM
Hobble

Perfect "Thank you for your service" retirement contract.

Gives us another season to try and fill the LD hole.

Hobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 10:34 AM
Board Bard
Dane-O-Mite

Sounds like Chevy has Stanley penciled in for the 19-20 season.

Board Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 10:16 AM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Board Bard View Post
Stanley on the Moose;

-2018/19
-2019/20
-2020/21

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 11:24 AM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Board Bard View Post
More likely Niku.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 View Post
Stanley on the Moose;

-2018/19
-2019/20
-2020/21
More likely this, for Stanley.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 11:36 AM
bumblebeeman

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flair Hay View Post
Sounds perfect for us tbh not like we are going to sign anyone better than him on the market. Short term with veterans = good thing
I still hope they pick up a youngish guy who can at least compete with Enstrom for a top 4 spot, and fill in when injuries happen and hopefully excel in that role given an opportunity.

bumblebeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 12:22 PM
lanky

If VGK gets De Haan, how aggresively should we bid on him? What's your best offer?

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 12:24 PM
DoingItCoolKiwi
Rookie User

If Trouba doesn't want to sign long-term with Jets, how would something like Honka+3rd OA for Trouba+13th OA sound? Dallas would get the impact defender they have been asking for. We'd get a promising NHL ready Dman and someone like Heiskanen who a scout in black book described as one of the smartest players he has seen in years (or whoever the Jets management likes the most at #3OA). Would Jets or Stars add, or is it a fair deal?

DoingItCoolKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 12:32 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItCoolKiwi View Post
If Trouba doesn't want to sign long-term with Jets, how would something like Honka+3rd OA for Trouba+13th OA sound? Dallas would get the impact defender they have been asking for. We'd get a promising NHL ready Dman and someone like Heiskanen who a scout in black book described as one of the smartest players he has seen in years (or whoever the Jets management likes the most at #3OA). Would Jets or Stars add, or is it a fair deal?
Leave out the #13 overall and the value is closer, but I doubt the Jets would do that.

I wouldn't be that excited about the #3 overall this season.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 12:33 PM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 300
Quote:
Let's talk next year about trading Trouba. Let it play out.

Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 12:46 PM
DoingItCoolKiwi
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
Let's talk next year about trading Trouba. Let it play out.
I hope we don't need to talk about that next year because he will be signed in a long-term deal

DoingItCoolKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 12:48 PM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 300
Quote:
I hope we don't need to talk about that next year because he will be signed in a long-term deal
I don't expect it to happen until next summer but I hope you're right.

Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote