HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 16-17 Part XVIII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-29-2017, 03:37 PM
  #101
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,633
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Well I'm expecting going into the season with the same coaching staff so while I have reservations I'm going to try not to fret about it.

While Maurice isn't the favorite of many posters on here last year was really his first real poor year for us. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but he has a good track record with regards to 5 on 5 play. If he can tweak his systems so that they revolve more around the pieces we have than I feel a return to being a top 10 shot metric team is in the cards.

Kompton has run top 10 Pp's in the league so I'm optimistic if he is left to his devices our PP will improve greatly.

Having said that Maurice doesn't seem to have a clue on player accountability and there needs to be an intervention with regards to his PK.

Chevy to me just needs to plug a couple of holes and he's done a good job this summer for me.

Platoon goalie, depth PK vet forward that can drive possession. Upgrade on Chariot for the bottom pairing.
That's 3 good off-season moves. Has Chevy ever had 3 good acquisitions in one off-season before? Or even 2? You left out drafting well and signing some of our players who are due.

I'd be happy with less if he just gets it right. First 3 rounds of the draft. A starting goalie. Signing existing players.

Mortimer Snerd is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 03:38 PM
  #102
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,633
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
My hunch is this is going to be the first active, aggressive, off season of Chevy's tenure in Winnipeg.
I've had that feeling come and go. It goes more than it comes but it is there on my good days.

Mortimer Snerd is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 03:52 PM
  #103
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
That's 3 good off-season moves. Has Chevy ever had 3 good acquisitions in one off-season before? Or even 2? You left out drafting well and signing some of our players who are due.

I'd be happy with less if he just gets it right. First 3 rounds of the draft. A starting goalie. Signing existing players.
I guess it depends on what your definitions on moves are. I would also settle for the above.

I didn't include the draft and signify our guys as I was really only looki g at it from an immediate player acquisition point of view.

I expect Little will get inked and the Jets to have a good draft. Not sure on Trouba.

surixon is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 03:53 PM
  #104
Gil Fisher
Registered User
 
Gil Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
Who do you think he could return? Chabot was drafted immediately after him. I doubt we get Chabot.

We might get a highly touted, highly drafted D man who has disappointed to date.

I don't think we get a proven but still young, really good Dman unless we package other assets.
I doubt we get Chabot too. Doesn't mean the value isn't close. Maybe Sanheim and a pick. Maybe Lauzon and a pick. Maybe Fowler and a first . Maybe Murray and a pick. It just depends on who wants a cheap top line scorer. If no one does, we keep him.

Gil Fisher is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 03:53 PM
  #105
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,633
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Good thing the Jets don't need a blockbuster trade to fill the few roster holes we have.

Plus past behavior would indicate that he is more than happy to make moves to shore up areas when he feels the team is close. Cough deadline 2014 -15 cough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I don't want to give the impression that my senses are telling me Kevin is going Jim Nill on us this off season or anything but I do sense he will be active. A few things are different this off season.

First off I believe our window opened last season but will assume for now Chevy didn't see it that way and hedged his bets for one more season. I think we all agree (including TNSE) it's game on now. I don't think they are going to sit back and blow off another season of the prime Scheifele era.

Secondly, XD will create away more movement than normal and with that movement comes deal flow opportunity. I believe the sub XD market will be active before, during, and after the XD and we will be a part of that action. I don't think TNSE want to lose Lowry or Matty P so they need to figure it out.

Thirdly, this draft is pretty unique and with such a big tier around our pick and because our prospect cupboard is in better shape it opens up options for us. Now usually people huff and puff and very little happens on draft day as far as movement goes but who knows this season?

Fourth, Pavs is gone now (dah) and yes we have to upgrade. He clears up room and cap space. We all know this but I also believe Chevy gets it and they can't afford half measures here.

Fiddy, I sense they may want to rebalance our D portfolio if they get the opportunity. I don't think this will be full Florida Panthers 2016 off season but I would not be surprised to see movement.

Summary: The time is finally right and the uniqueness of this off season should provide the means.

To be crystal clear I am not saying we need to do much, I think we really only need to fix the net but I do think Chevy will participate in a more vibrant market.
We only need an upgrade in net but if the circumstances present opportunities to go beyond that we should certainly be prepared to take those opportunities.

Mortimer Snerd is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 04:00 PM
  #106
SLAYER
GO JETS GO
 
SLAYER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,518
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I don't want to give the impression that my senses are telling me Kevin is going Jim Nill on us this off season or anything but I do sense he will be active. A few things are different this off season.

First off I believe our window opened last season but will assume for now Chevy didn't see it that way and hedged his bets for one more season. I think we all agree (including TNSE) it's game on now. I don't think they are going to sit back and blow off another season of the prime Scheifele era.

Secondly, XD will create away more movement than normal and with that movement comes deal flow opportunity. I believe the sub XD market will be active before, during, and after the XD and we will be a part of that action. I don't think TNSE want to lose Lowry or Matty P so they need to figure it out.

Thirdly, this draft is pretty unique and with such a big tier around our pick and because our prospect cupboard is in better shape it opens up options for us. Now usually people huff and puff and very little happens on draft day as far as movement goes but who knows this season?

Fourth, Pavs is gone now (dah) and yes we have to upgrade. He clears up room and cap space. We all know this but I also believe Chevy gets it and they can't afford half measures here.

Fiddy, I sense they may want to rebalance our D portfolio if they get the opportunity. I don't think this will be full Florida Panthers 2016 off season but I would not be surprised to see movement.

Summary: The time is finally right and the uniqueness of this off season should provide the means.

To be crystal clear I am not saying we need to do much, I think we really only need to fix the net but I do think Chevy will participate in a more vibrant market.

This is an excellent post.

I'm not expecting Jim Nill type action, just a couple solid moves to help the team. Anything is exciting at this point.

__________________

Hearts Racin', Cup Chasin'
SLAYER is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 04:19 PM
  #107
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,633
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
I doubt we get Chabot too. Doesn't mean the value isn't close. Maybe Sanheim and a pick. Maybe Lauzon and a pick. Maybe Fowler and a first . Maybe Murray and a pick. It just depends on who wants a cheap top line scorer. If no one does, we keep him.
I don't know that he is perceived as a top line scorer yet or if he has to prove it in the NHL first. Of course the same applies to Chabot. He isn't NHL proven either. But prospect for prospect trades just don't seem to happen. Or at least not high value prospects.

I'm just as bad myself. Connor's last half season was tantalizing. I hesitate to give him up for a Sanheim or a Lauzon even though both are players I have coveted and both fit a need.

Mortimer Snerd is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 07:40 PM
  #108
ducky
Registered User
 
ducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,575
vCash: 500
I keep Connor. I think he will be a 40 goal guy in a couple years.

ducky is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 08:35 PM
  #109
Gil Fisher
Registered User
 
Gil Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
I don't know that he is perceived as a top line scorer yet or if he has to prove it in the NHL first. Of course the same applies to Chabot. He isn't NHL proven either. But prospect for prospect trades just don't seem to happen. Or at least not high value prospects.

I'm just as bad myself. Connor's last half season was tantalizing. I hesitate to give him up for a Sanheim or a Lauzon even though both are players I have coveted and both fit a need.
I only said "top line scorer" because that was the argument presented against trading him earlier.

It's funny but we all drool over Chabot and McAvoy because of the WJC this year. In another year, they may be still in the A. ( though it's hard to see)

Whether it is Connor or someone else, we've built up a deep forward group with three guys (Connor, Roslo, Petan) looking for a spot. We should trade someone for a D.

Gil Fisher is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 08:41 PM
  #110
ffh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,840
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
I only said "top line scorer" because that was the argument presented against trading him earlier.

It's funny but we all drool over Chabot and McAvoy because of the WJC this year. In another year, they may be still in the A. ( though it's hard to see)

Whether it is Connor or someone else, we've built up a deep forward group with three guys (Connor, Roslo, Petan) looking for a spot. We should trade someone for a D.
Myers or trouba will play ld next year or the player they get traded for will. Absolutely no need to trade connor or roslovic. My guess it happens at draft.

ffh is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 09:27 PM
  #111
Gil Fisher
Registered User
 
Gil Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,303
vCash: 500
Myers isn't returning anything in trade until he can prove his health.

Gil Fisher is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 09:34 PM
  #112
ffh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,840
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
Myers isn't returning anything in trade until he can prove his health.
Im sure all the medical records would be checked and would have to pass physical. There have been no reports of anything career threatening so a trade should be no problem.

ffh is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 09:36 PM
  #113
Aavco Cup
Registered User
 
Aavco Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,475
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
Myers isn't returning anything in trade until he can prove his health.
I'm sure if Myers is traded this summee the acquiring team would require that he passes a physical first. Most trades do.

Aavco Cup is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 09:39 PM
  #114
Gil Fisher
Registered User
 
Gil Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
I'm sure if Myers is traded this summee the acquiring team would require that he passes a physical first. Most trades do.
Obviously. Yet still i don't think he returns much of anything without proving his health in hockey games.

Gil Fisher is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 09:42 PM
  #115
Aavco Cup
Registered User
 
Aavco Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,475
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
Obviously. Yet still i don't think he returns much of anything without proving his health in hockey games.
If he isn't returning anything he isn't getting traded. I think teams trust their medical staff's more than your post suggests. Either he's healthy or he's not.

Aavco Cup is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 09:50 PM
  #116
Gil Fisher
Registered User
 
Gil Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
If he isn't returning anything he isn't getting traded. I think teams trust their medical staff's more than your post suggests. Either he's healthy or he's not.
Your first point is my point. I disagree with your second but we can move on.

Gil Fisher is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 10:23 PM
  #117
10Ducky10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 500
Myers to AZ.

10Ducky10 is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 10:26 PM
  #118
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Ducky10 View Post
Myers to AZ.
That is a realistic destination for him due to them needing to hit the cap floor while not being able to spend much money.

What do they have to trade for him?

surixon is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 10:46 PM
  #119
ffh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,840
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
That is a realistic destination for him due to them needing to hit the cap floor while not being able to spend much money.

What do they have to trade for him?
Trade trouba and 13oa to arizona for chychrun and 7oa

ffh is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 10:47 PM
  #120
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffh View Post
Trade trouba and 13oa to arizona for chychrun and 7oa
That is worse value than Trouba for the third overall pick alone.

surixon is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 10:57 PM
  #121
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,633
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffh View Post
Im sure all the medical records would be checked and would have to pass physical. There have been no reports of anything career threatening so a trade should be no problem.
I think it takes more than just passing a physical. At least if we want to get full value.

Mortimer Snerd is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 11:18 PM
  #122
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,221
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffh View Post
Trade trouba and 13oa to arizona for chychrun and 7oa
I'd think about it for Chychrun and the 7OA but wouldn't add our 13th.

Daximus is offline  
Old
05-29-2017, 11:42 PM
  #123
ffh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,840
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
I'd think about it for Chychrun and the 7OA but wouldn't add our 13th.
this would not be a fair trade for Arizona. he played 16 minutes a game on the left side and is on a elc and who many see as good now and very good soon. if we can get a ld to play 18-20 minutes and score 25-30 points as a 19 year old and move up 7 spots on draft that's a fair trade.

ffh is offline  
Old
05-30-2017, 12:00 AM
  #124
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,221
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffh View Post
this would not be a fair trade for Arizona. he played 16 minutes a game on the left side and is on a elc and who many see as good now and very good soon. if we can get a ld to play 18-20 minutes and score 25-30 points as a 19 year old and move up 7 spots on draft that's a fair trade.
You'll have a hard time convincing anyone else that is fair value for Trouba. If he doesn't return a kings ransom no one wants him dealt.

Daximus is offline  
Old
05-30-2017, 12:12 AM
  #125
ffh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,840
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
You'll have a hard time convincing anyone else that is fair value for Trouba. If he doesn't return a kings ransom no one wants him dealt.
all trades proposals are based on trouba not wanting to re-sign. no one is advocating trading him if he wants to stay.

ffh is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.