HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If it's truly time for leaders to step up:

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2006, 11:36 AM
Peter James Bond

vCash: 500
If it's truly time for leaders to step up:

and Aaron Miller is considered one of those leaders...then Miller should sack up and remove himself from the lineup for the betterment of the team.

-13 in 12 games in March.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/player?categoryId=66512

He just stands there flat footed, gets beat on virtually every play and if the puck somehow finds his stick, he gives it away.

I used to wish he wasn't injured when he was injured. Now I wish he was injured.
It's time to put Weaver in. At least Weaver battles and covers his man.

Old
03-28-2006, 11:38 AM
Kearney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond
Now I wish he was injured.
He IS injured clearly. His back problems are severely limiting his mobility. Nick and Daryl have been mentioning this a lot.

I agree he should sit.

Old
03-28-2006, 12:34 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearney
He IS injured clearly. His back problems are severely limiting his mobility. Nick and Daryl have been mentioning this a lot.

I agree he should sit.
While it may be true, just remember that Nick and Daryl are spin doctors, and often throw in subtle/not-so-subtle plugs for certain players that can use the deflection from their sub-standard play. The management may make a suggestion to Nick and Daryl that they steer people towards or away from certain aspects of a player's abilities or lack thereof. Right now, it's VERY important for EVERYONE to know about how bad Miller's back is... (Yawn)

Old
03-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
It's one thing to play hurt, it's another thing to play injured. If Miller's back is so bad, he's not hurt, he's injured, and he shouldn't be playing. using his back as an excuse is a joke. If it was sooo bad, he wouldn't be playing.

Old
03-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Kingz4ever

Miller has gone from being one of the best defensive dman to being a modry. I hope we won't see him anymore after these last 10 games.

Old
03-28-2006, 12:50 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4ever
Miller has gone from being one of the best defensive dman to being a modry. I hope we won't see him anymore after these last 10 games.

This Kings team would benefit greatly from having "a Modry" on the blueline.

Old
03-28-2006, 01:11 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4ever
He had one good season, and he's been overrated by most for a very long time. i've wanted him gone for the last three seasons, and this summer will be no different. He needs to go. The guy is listed at 6'4. 210. but he's more like 6'4. 170. Guy is a toothpick, and his injuries are always a cause of it.
i'd take a low round pick next year for him, just as long as he's gone. that money can be used well.

Old
03-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Reaper45

We should have dealt him when he was at a high the same time we dealt Schneider.

Old
03-28-2006, 02:39 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
We should have dealt him when he was at a high the same time we dealt Schneider.
Schneider was dealt because the team decided to commit to Miller...maybe Schneids should have been signed instead of Miller?

Old
03-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
Schneider was dealt because the team decided to commit to Miller...maybe Schneids should have been signed instead of Miller?
Either way, if we had dealt them both, or had kept Schneider and dealt Miller, this team would be better off.

Old
03-28-2006, 02:51 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Funny, when the Kings got Aaron Miller, he was a #5, #6 guy for the Avs, but since they were decent and the Kings were crap, he immediately became some sort of super-defenseman that people worshipped up and down his buttcrack.

He was never that good. Kings fans just had to endure looking at so much worse in comparison.

Old
03-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Game Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
As I said at the time, we should have dealt Miller instead of Schneider.

Old
03-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Osprey

Miller is a lot better than the majority of you give him credit for. Do you really want Weaver to be given the responsibility of shutting down the best players in the league? I don't think that some of you realize everything that Miller is asked to do and mostly does. Sure, he's been nowhere near himself the last month, that doesn't mean that he "sucks" and should be dumped in any way possible. How soon some people forget the numerous times when he's been the team's defensive rock. It's another example of the "love ya one moment, hate ya the next" swings that so typify some fans around here. It's one thing to discuss how poorly he's playing and lament it; it's an entirely other thing to ignore when he's on his game, focus on only when he's off it and declare him a sucky player.

Old
03-29-2006, 09:33 AM
Kearney

I'm in Opsrey's camp here

We wouldn't even be THINKING about the playoff race if Miller hadn't played great in Oct-Nov-Dec.

Old
03-29-2006, 10:03 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

to me, Miller is our best defensive defenseman. His only downfall are his injuries, which is killing us when he's hurt on and off the ice. And someone wanting Modry back? Seriously, do you even remember anything about Modry?

Old
03-29-2006, 11:20 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Miller is a lot better than the majority of you give him credit for. Do you really want Weaver to be given the responsibility of shutting down the best players in the league? I don't think that some of you realize everything that Miller is asked to do and mostly does. Sure, he's been nowhere near himself the last month, that doesn't mean that he "sucks" and should be dumped in any way possible. How soon some people forget the numerous times when he's been the team's defensive rock. It's another example of the "love ya one moment, hate ya the next" swings that so typify some fans around here. It's one thing to discuss how poorly he's playing and lament it; it's an entirely other thing to ignore when he's on his game, focus on only when he's off it and declare him a sucky player.
You're kidding right! I've never been a fan, and I was bummed the day we got rid of Schneider over Miller. Miller played a contract year, and hasn't done anything since to prove the contract he received. Why coddle him? Because he plays for the US team?
Simple fact is that he has not put together at least 60 quality games since we signed him. I understand hockey is a marathon and injuries happen, but he's done nothing to improve on it. He was a waste of cash, and the Kings felt compelled because they short changed Boucher. Although, in Boucher's case i'm glad he left. Our club was more than patient with him and his loyalty wasn't really there.
Miller's time has come just like AM's....It's time to move him. There are other quality defenseman out there at half the price.

Closed Thread