HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pushkarev recalled by the Kings

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Goallum

vCash: 500
Pushkarev recalled by the Kings

http://www.lakings.com/2,4621.ftm

Old
03-26-2006, 02:30 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
And here I was thinking the Kings were actually serious about making a run for a playoff spot.

Old
03-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto
And here I was thinking the Kings were actually serious about making a run for a playoff spot.
Haha, I'm surprised by this too.

Why not Giuliano or Kanko? Or Jackman?

Old
03-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:

Old
03-26-2006, 02:39 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

so much for the monarchs ever scoring a goal again...

Old
03-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Twist and Shout

w00t

Gonna watch the next game. Konstantin will surprise many people.

Old
03-26-2006, 02:43 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Haha, I'm surprised by this too.

Why not Giuliano or Kanko? Or Jackman?
was giuliano ever sent back down? i thought he was scratched.

Old
03-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMix
Good question, I thought he was, maybe he wasn't?

Old
03-26-2006, 02:48 PM
hockeynutz

Quote:

he wasn't in manchester - i remember hearing last night's telecast saying he was a healthy scratch.

Old
03-26-2006, 02:56 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
so much for the monarchs ever scoring a goal again...
And this has what to do with Pushkarev?

He hasn't scored a goal or had an assist in the past 9-games, he has 5-points (3-goals, 2-assists) in his last 20-games...

http://ahl.leaguestat.com/stats/gamebygame.php?id=640

This is a recall that will have little effect on the Monarchs...

Old
03-26-2006, 02:59 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

even so he is still the teams leading goal scorer.

Old
03-26-2006, 03:10 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
even so he is still the teams leading goal scorer.
You're right. I only atend all the Monarchs home games and some of their away games. What do I know?

Old
03-26-2006, 03:30 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

apparently how to become defensive way too easily...

Old
03-26-2006, 03:35 PM
kingsfan25

Pushkarev?

Why not Hoozer or Burst?

Old
03-26-2006, 03:38 PM
willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
You're right. I only atend all the Monarchs home games and some of their away games. What do I know?
The guy may not be doing much right now but it is still eliminating (temporarily, of course) a 20 goal scorer from an offensively challenged team. It's not the end of the world but I fail to see how it is totally irrelevent to the Monarch's fortunes either. No need to be so touchy.

Anyway, looking forward to getting a glimpse of him in the show. He's not ready full time but sometimes these callups give a player an extra spark.

Old
03-26-2006, 03:39 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5872
With 2 guys out, and a healthy scratch they only needed to recall one player.

And Parros isn't playing every game remaining.

Old
03-26-2006, 03:56 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
The guy may not be doing much right now but it is still eliminating (temporarily, of course) a 20 goal scorer from an offensively challenged team.
They're offensively challenged because he's one of the guys they were counting on and he's not getting it done. Yes, they've tried him with Daigle and Tukonen. Nothing...

Quote:
It's not the end of the world but I fail to see how it is totally irrelevent to the Monarch's fortunes either.
Probably because you fail to see him and the Monarchs play...

[QUOTE=willie]No need to be so touchy.[/quoted]Noted...

Quote:
Anyway, looking forward to getting a glimpse of him in the show. He's not ready full time but sometimes these callups give a player an extra spark.
I'll be very surprised if you actually get a glimpse...

Old
03-26-2006, 04:03 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
apparently how to become defensive way too easily...
Defensive? How about pointing out that you're comments are likely based on your quick review of a team's stat sheet. How many games have you seen Pushkarev play in person this season? Please, if I'm missing something enlighten me...

Old
03-26-2006, 04:07 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Defensive? How about pointing out that you're comments are likely based on your quick review of a team's stat sheet. How many games have you seen Pushkarev play in person this season? Please, if I'm missing something enlighten me...
KB....What should we expect from this guy if he gets a game here. When i've seen him at camp, he seems like he's miles away from the big show. Same goes for Tuk if he was called up. Who do you think would have been the better call up of those two?
All of sudden we seem beyond thin without Tambellini.

Old
03-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Osprey

Quote:
I'll be very surprised if you actually get a glimpse...
The press release says that he'll wear #9. I think that that's a good indication that they plan to play him at least once. Also, I would hope that Torchetti isn't the sort to keep him benched for half a dozen games before playing him (as Murray did with Petiot).

BTW, KB, the fact that he hasn't scored in 9 games doesn't mean that he'll go scoreless in the next 9. I'd say that he's due to pot a couple soon, but the Monarchs will have to do without that, since he's been called up. Just the fact that he's a scorer is one more loss to the offensively-challenged Monarchs; that's simply what CowMix meant. That's not something worth arguing.

Last edited by Osprey: 03-26-2006 at 04:32 PM.
Old
03-26-2006, 04:08 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Just curious if you guys think the Kings are doing this. Since Pushkarev seems like one of those high risk, high reward type players, he seems like he is either going to make it or not. As it seems, his flashes of brilliance shows that he has a high ceiling, just not the consistency to be a good player yet. Perhaps he's just bored by the AHL and needs better competition to step up his game. So then do you think the Kings are giving him a shot at a more intense league to see if he can break out of his shell? Maybe to see if given an opportunity at the NHL will be enough to make him more consistent.

If you think about it, it seems like they did the same with Grebeshkov. Here is this prospect with a high ceiling but just wasn't cutting it in the AHL. But they still gave him a good opportunity to prove himself in the NHL despite not being the best defender down in the A. Once he failed to keep up with the NHL, he became a prospect who was shopped by the Kings. Perhaps this is the last chance Pushkarev has at proving his worth as a Kings prospect. If the pressure of a better league isn't enough to mark improvement, then perhaps he too will be on the market.

Old
03-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
The press release says that he'll wear #9. I think that that's a good indication that they plan to play him at least once. Also, I would hope that Torchetti isn't the sort to keep him benched for half a dozen games before playing him (as Murray did with Tambellini and Petiot).
You are right on about Petiot not being played after being called up often during the early part of the season, but Tambellini did not sit around much when he was called up. You probably hardly noticed him because he didn't do much on the ice. He was put on the top line with Conroy and Demitra and was pretty much invisible. He didn't seem to be prepared for the call-up. Tambellini was not benched or scratched for half a dozen games when he was brought up to LA.

Old
03-26-2006, 04:22 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
KB....What should we expect from this guy if he gets a game here. When i've seen him at camp, he seems like he's miles away from the big show. Same goes for Tuk if he was called up. Who do you think would have been the better call up of those two?
All of sudden we seem beyond thin without Tambellini.
Don't expect anything more than Matt Ryan and you probably won't be disappointed. Pushkarev is still miles away. IF the Kings were actually going to use the recalled player in a Top-6 role, then I'd go with Tukonen who's well beyond Pushkarev in terms of development.

I really think that they looked at who they could call-up without hurting the Monarchs too bad. Tukonen, Clarke and Daigle have been carrying the club offesnively. Daigle isn't an option...

Defensively, physical forward and on the PK, Kanko's the main guy right now...

Old
03-26-2006, 04:23 PM
ILuvLA

Maybe it's just me, but this seems like an odd choice of players to call up. Wonder who's behind this one.

Old
03-26-2006, 04:24 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

I think this is a case of a player who would never play for Murray due to his lack of dedication towards defense.

Even though Roenick wasn't scoring he was still being conted on to do so. The organization knows the strengths of its prospects and it knows that Pushkarev's is speed and offensive flair. I think we all saw last night that this is now a team that is very offensive minded and one that emphasizes speed into the zone so why not call up a potential sniper with creative capabilities?

With two guy out you can throw big nose out on the 4th line and insert Pushkarev onto a line with soem skill guys. I love Kanko's game but to call him up would be a Andy Murray style "this guy won't score but probably won't make a terrible play either" move which has furthered this teams standard of mediocrity.

This team needs to win to make the playoffs. I for one am tired of trying to win by not losing which is why I think calling up a guy who has much more potential to make an impact as opposed to a safe pick in Kanko is exactly what needs to happen.

And as an aside, I don't think the Kings really give a **** if they are going to hurt the Monarchs when it comes to helping out the big club. I highly doubt that they sit around and someone steps up and says "No, we can't call that guy up because it will hurt our Calder Cup chances".

I believe that Andy Murray had a say on who got called up before which is why Matt Ryan can say something he never should have been able to say, "I've played in the NHL".

Taylor is on the hotseat and to say that the Kings don't care about making the playoffs because they called up Push is ridiculous. The desperation trade of Tambs and Grebs and subsequent firing of Murray say otherwise. I truly believe that they feel that Push can flourish under a system that isn't based on putting an opponent and everyone in the building asleep which, correct me if I am wrong, is the same system that has been used in Manchester all year.

I know it is important for the prospects to make the Calde Cup Playoffs for the experience factor, but bottom line is a lot of people are on the block and this team HAS to make the playoffs, especially for the extra income it generates. I think the Kings would have Manchester lose every game the rest of the season if it meant that LA would make the playoffs.

Also, the departure of Push could mean that the Parse signing is imminent.

Last edited by BigKing: 03-26-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Closed Thread