Seidenbergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2017, 02:59 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Yeison coca is the ptbnl in the thornburg deal

He's a long ways away but he has the makings of a legitimate prospect.

It's a gift that keeps on giving!
Was it really necessary to give up three prospects in addition to Shaw for a bullpen arm??

UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2017, 04:45 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
HERE WE GO cue "Star Wars" theme

Sox vs. "the Evil Empire" at 7:10

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2017, 07:02 PM
HockeyMomx2

I know we are frenimies this week so I'll just get it all out of my system now and leave y'all alone until it's over...

All Rise! M V P! M V P! Oh my goodness it's exciting to be a Yankee fan this season. This shouldn't be happening this year. It's supposed to be next. I'm gonna go giggle like a little girl in the corner and finish watching the game now.

HockeyMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2017, 07:54 PM
Knotty Moog

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomx2 View Post
I know we are frenimies this week so I'll just get it all out of my system now and leave y'all alone until it's over...

All Rise! M V P! M V P! Oh my goodness it's exciting to be a Yankee fan this season. This shouldn't be happening this year. It's supposed to be next. I'm gonna go giggle like a little girl in the corner and finish watching the game now.
I gotta say, the last name Judge is pretty sweet for a baseball player, especially when he is mashing like a G. The phrases are endless.

But go sox. But also go Bruins friend!

Knotty Moog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2017, 08:05 PM
sarge88

Pretty gritty effort by Pomerantz tonight.

Wish he didn't throw 120 in 5, but I'll take it.

sarge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2017, 08:53 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan

vCash: 583
102 MPH, impressive.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2017, 08:57 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomx2 View Post

Many of your kids haven't even arrived yet. That's a bit scary but why I think the Yanks will start to fade around August. Especially if they don't upgrade the pitching.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2017, 09:53 PM
bb_fan

What is the story with. That stupid ass dance the outfielders do at the end of the game??

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2017, 01:18 AM
Pia8988

vCash: 595
Damn, Kelly hit 103.5 on his pitch to judge

Pia8988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2017, 07:55 AM
HockeyMomx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
Many of your kids haven't even arrived yet. That's a bit scary but why I think the Yanks will start to fade around August. Especially if they don't upgrade the pitching.
Yah, Tanaka is throwing a wrench into the starters for sure. Am at point where I wish Girardi would just DL him. Our BP is fantastic tho. Torres may be up sooner than later to replace Headley at 3rd. There are two or three others who aren't far away and Chapman is on his way back. Not sure if they'll go for it at trade deadline or not, this was not expected this year and not sure if Hank has the same stomp on their throats mentality his dad did when he realized a team was showing signs of being special. Either way, it's actually fun watching baseball and its not even the all star break yet. Hope the rest of the series are games just as good as last night's, but the W can switch LOL

Old
06-07-2017, 07:56 AM
HockeyMomx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotty Moog View Post
I gotta say, the last name Judge is pretty sweet for a baseball player, especially when he is mashing like a G. The phrases are endless.

But go sox. But also go Bruins friend!
The kid is amazing. So humble, so polite and so damn good on the field and at bat. He's like a mixture of Derek Jeter and Mickey Mantle.

Old
06-07-2017, 07:11 PM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

vCash: 4481585

Fenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2017, 07:34 PM
Pia8988

vCash: 595
I miss even year Porcello

Pia8988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2017, 08:04 PM
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery

How many more live shots do we have to see of this knob who interfered with the play?

Donnie Shulzhoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 06:13 AM
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery

Is there a bigger cry baby in baseball than David Price right now?

Donnie Shulzhoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 06:24 AM
KrejciMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
seriously get it together, you're almost the highest paid pitcher in baseball. Seem to remember Brady going through a media witch hunt and having his emails shown to world and he handled it with class and 2 superbowls.

KrejciMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 07:16 AM
bp13

Are all the delicate snowflakes all set with crying about Remy now? Can we move on to another atrocity?

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Sharp Shooting Neely

History is made as a female pitches in a mens league. Article provided by Nick Wells of CTV news.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/histori...ague-1.3448972

Sharp Shooting Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 07:44 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
I don't know why he signed here as this was so easy to predict..I know he got more money, but when is happiness more important?

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 07:55 AM
BiggioRainesHOF
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Are all the delicate snowflakes all set with crying about Remy now? Can we move on to another atrocity?
His comment was ill-advised at best. I think the biggest problem is that if no one raises concern about things like this and Mike Schmidt on the the same flipping day nothing (and there's plenty of good old days to vouch for this) ever gets done about it.

The comment(s) don't add any value. Again, maybe instead of calling out the snowflakes, you need to consider calling out the a-holes.

BiggioRainesHOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 08:11 AM
FribbleLine

Price is a loser and a baby. He shouldn't have come here. He should have gone somewhere he would like playing for less $. Even $30m less when you're making that kind of money is no big deal, but they got to chase every last dollar and be miserable.

FribbleLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 08:21 AM
JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggioRainesHOF View Post
His comment was ill-advised at best. I think the biggest problem is that if no one raises concern about things like this and Mike Schmidt on the the same flipping day nothing (and there's plenty of good old days to vouch for this) ever gets done about it.

The comment(s) don't add any value. Again, maybe instead of calling out the snowflakes, you need to consider calling out the a-holes.
Completely disagree.

Let me start off saying that I think Remy is a dink, and has worn out his welcome. However, what he said wasn't what people are trying to make it out to be. He has a legitimate point about a translator going to the mound as well in addition to a pitching coach, catcher, etc. It adds yet another unnecessary slow down to a game that is already too slow.

That was his point. Not "learn english" like all the SJWs are trying to make it seems like.

JRull86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 08:21 AM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggioRainesHOF View Post

Disagree.

The comment was wrong because it's dumb to suggest that not having a translator somehow speeds up the game or makes any difference to the quality of the game. It's just a weird thing to be bothered by, which is why it's a silly observation to make.

But it's the people who hear anything directed towards anyone who isn't a white male and assume it's with ill intent who turn it into something "ill-advised". The "ill-advised" part is that he didn't realize you can't direct anything towards anyone who isn't a white male and not end up having to apologize publicly for it. There is nothing about his comment that makes him an a-hole.

As for Schmidt's comments, those seemed to be more questionable. But the two are far from the same, yet it seems some people can't even bother with distinction anymore.

Old
06-08-2017, 08:25 AM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
Completely disagree.

Let me start off saying that I think Remy is a dink, and has worn out his welcome. However, what he said wasn't what people are trying to make it out to be. He has a legitimate point about a translator going to the mound as well in addition to a pitching coach, catcher, etc. It adds yet another unnecessary slow down to a game that is already too slow.

That was his point. Not "learn english" like all the SJWs are trying to make it seems like.
But this is what those people hear because they want to hear it. They want to be offended by things, so they try to hear them. For the life of me I can't figure out how people have so much time in their day to find things that might offend them. The need to be soft is that overwhelming?