HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Groin Pull

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2006, 07:58 AM
Puckboy

vCash: 500
Groin Pull

Got a slight Groin pull last night what are some means to a quick healing process. If there is such as a quick healing process for a groin pull

Old
03-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Steelhead16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckboy
Got a slight Groin pull last night what are some means to a quick healing process. If there is such as a quick healing process for a groin pull
I've had them for entire seasons in the past. Rest is the only cure for them and unfortunately it's difficult to know when it's completely healed because it will feel great when you stress it at 99% and that one time you need that extra step you'll go right back to square one. Prevention is the best cure. After it heals I suggest getting on a daily stretching routine and that may help you in the future. I don't know how old you are but I played through Juniors and I don't think I stretched once. Now I'm 41 and I have to stretch just to get out bed and walk downstairs every morning.
Sorry I don't have a quick fix but there isn't any I know of that are available to a regular guy without a training staff. All I can say is rest and ............Good Luck, hope it gets better soon.

Old
03-27-2006, 08:33 AM
stick9

Had one a few years ago, not fun. My Dr. told me to use heat, then stretch. Don't over due it when it comes to the stretching part. Other then that all you can do is rest it.

Old
03-27-2006, 12:01 PM
sc37

vCash: 700
I've been playing with a strain the past couple games...dunno how it happened. But it tightens up during the game. So I wind up doing some stretches on the bench.

But I noticed some improvment this week...maybe it healed, but I did hop onto one of those thigh machines at the gym and did some low weight high rep stuff. But I do recommend doing that at a time when not many people are around...you get funny looks for being a guy on the thigh machines, lol

Old
03-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc37
I've been playing with a strain the past couple games...dunno how it happened. But it tightens up during the game. So I wind up doing some stretches on the bench.

But I noticed some improvment this week...maybe it healed, but I did hop onto one of those thigh machines at the gym and did some low weight high rep stuff. But I do recommend doing that at a time when not many people are around...you get funny looks for being a guy on the thigh machines, lol
lol! Probably happened from not stretching enough.

Hockey players train differently than any other I think. Even the way I do squats and other exercises people look at me and say..."Why are you doing that?"

Old
03-28-2006, 12:10 AM
vwg*

Just stay off of it for a few days (if it's a bad groin pull), and don't do anything too physically taxing on your groin for a week or so. That helped me the one time I had it.

Closed Thread