HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Kunlun Red Star 17/18: Keenan signing everyone

Old
06-01-2017, 03:55 PM
Milos Krasic
Ballin' in Poland

vCash: 500
Kunlun Red Star 17/18: Keenan signing everyone

Hot damn. They are on a roll.

Milos Krasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2017, 09:23 AM
Rigafan

Its crazy! Every time my phone beeps - great who's he signed now?!

Good to see them being active though

Rigafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2017, 02:31 PM
SoundAndFury

Well they are signing that many guys because all the decent ones they had are leaving. Not exactly a great sign.

"Here's a statistic, the average person in the world has less than 2 legs. Which is absolutely correct but somewhat misleading."
SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2017, 07:14 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Well they are signing that many guys because all the decent ones they had are leaving. Not exactly a great sign.
Well, they also have to fill a VHL roster. Of course they'll try to get local players there, but it's unrealistic thinking that they won't have foreigners.

06-09-2017, 08:32 AM
SoundAndFury

All I meant was that resigning Collins, Rau or Videll would had been a better sign in my opinion than losing them to mid-table teams and building an entirely new team for next season.

Out of all the guys they sign only Wong and Tam seem like VHL material. Maybe Brandon Yip as well but mostly those are the KHL guys and looking at what they have, Chipchura as 1C doesn't look impressive. Overall, only few guys you can call really good players.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 05:03 PM
Urbanskog
Platinum Member

vCash: 50
I'm amazed that they still haven't bothered with a Chinese version of their home site, it's almost like they don't want fans.

Urbanskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 02:12 PM
Urbanskog
Platinum Member

It looks like the team is moving to Shanghai for next season. Where will they play?

Old
06-18-2017, 03:04 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanskog View Post
It looks like the team is moving to Shanghai for next season. Where will they play?
The same arena as previous season - Feiyang Ice Skating Center

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 03:08 PM
hansomreiste

Oh no, please no... Why are they doing this? Their attendance in Shanghai was terrible.

hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 03:10 PM
Urbanskog
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
The same arena as previous season - Feiyang Ice Skating Center
Makes me wonder why does the league allow this.

E: It's actually quite ridiculous that the men's team will play in a small, 4 800 seat arena while the women's team will have a 18 000 seat arena as their home venue.

Last edited by Urbanskog: 06-18-2017 at 03:23 PM.
Old
06-18-2017, 04:01 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

LeSport Arena in Beijing is busy and expensive, so the club wanted to play in another arena in Beijing - next to soccer stadium. But this arena is under reconstruction according to Russian media. The club does not want to play in two cities.

Old
06-18-2017, 04:24 PM
Urbanskog
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
LeSport Arena in Beijing is busy and expensive, so the club wanted to play in another arena in Beijing - next to soccer stadium. But this arena is under reconstruction according to Russian media. The club does not want to play in two cities.
Do you mean the National Indoor Stadium? When is the refurbishment expected to be finished?

Old
06-19-2017, 01:51 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanskog View Post
Do you mean the National Indoor Stadium? When is the refurbishment expected to be finished?
The Workers' Gymnasium (or Workers Indoor Arena) next to The Worker Stadium.

I do not know when the work on stadium is expected to be finished. TASS reported that Kunlun wants to play next year there, so before 2018/19 season.

Old
06-19-2017, 06:41 AM
hansomreiste

So let me get this straight: some rich men from China collaborated with KHL to put a team that would play in Beijing and made the necessary adjustments for this to happen. For some reasons I don't remember now, they split their season between two cities, which badly hurt their attendance. Now, in their second season, they just realized that the place supposed to be their main arena is too expensive and decided to go back to Shanghai?

LOL. I'm done with this stupid team. Since the beginning, I told I thought this would fail but wished so hard to be proven wrong yet here we are. This is not a problem about its being too early or such. Yes, Rome wasn't built in a day but I'm sure the people building Rome had some plans as to how it must be built. Obviously, Kunlun management is far from capable of handling such a task for their team. It has been OVER A YEAR and these guys can't even secure an arena. Is this the team which is supposed to introduce hockey to Chinese people and prepare the country for the Olympics?

No fans, no Chinese players, no soul, nothing attractive and most importantly, there seems to be no hope of advancing going forward. Brilliant strategy... But, but what would KHL lose if everything went wrong? It's just a team without fans and an arena playing in so-called second best league in the world. Nothing wrong with that.

hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2017, 06:20 PM
Rigafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post
But, but what would KHL lose if everything went wrong?
Money from Chinese oil/gas companies that wanted rights to do stuff in Siberia... Oh you mean in a sporting sense!

Probably some crap articles written in TSN saying the league will fold

Rigafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2017, 12:06 AM
HungryFrank

I have read somewhere on this forum that Kunlun will play in VHL and MHL, don't know how many Chinese players will play, but with that level China will steamroll every division. Right now, looking at it in a pretty naive way, I'm hoping they won't use Canadian players like Korea.

HungryFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2017, 03:16 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryFrank View Post
I have read somewhere on this forum that Kunlun will play in VHL and MHL, don't know how many Chinese players will play, but with that level China will steamroll every division. Right now, looking at it in a pretty naive way, I'm hoping they won't use Canadian players like Korea.
They have signed players with Chinese roots for the KHL and/or the VHL teams. The players played in European or NA leagues. For example players like Mikaël Tam, Greg Squires, Brandon Wong, Brandon Yip.

The club had a camp in NA to scout young players for the MHL team, of course players with Chinese roots. If I remember there were around 400 applications (maybe including girls/women, I dont remember). Barkov is a head coach of the MHL team, so there will be some Finnish players.

The VHL team is based in Harbin, the MHL team in Beijing.

Old
06-27-2017, 05:23 AM
Urbanskog
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryFrank View Post
That is a naive wish indeed. Currently they have Kane, Squires, Tam, Wong, Yip and Yuen. They are also in talks with Ethan Werek. Besides those names there are obviously more players of Chinese heritage in North America who they haven't yet managed to lure to join them as most of them are still very young. Spencer Foo for one is definitely someone who I'd expect to join in 2018-19.

At least these players actually have some ties to the country unlike in the case of Korea and China has committed to develop the sport in the country – they are planning to construct 400 full-sized rinks by 2020. How inflated that number is remains to be seen.

Old
Today, 02:21 PM
GeorgeLeafer12

14 canadian players
8 russian players
3 swerdish players
3 finnish players
3 us players
2 belarussian players
1 ukrainian player